Roleplays Rock
A place open to any or all roleplays. Join one or start your own!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
darkerthanlight

Not a very original RP but an RP none the less.

You, with the face, yes, you. Guess what?! You're a superhero. Well, not yet at least. You may have already gotten your powers, but it's your choice what side you want to help. Actually, it's up to you guys to make your own sides.

My plan is that we get enough people together, and the characters split up depending on what their beliefs are.

RULES:

One power and you must include how your character happened to get this power

No god-modeing

Must have a power and pick a specific side when they are established by the players

Name:

Super-name: (a nickname they came up with themself)

Power:

How character came to have said power:

History:

Basic outlook on life:

Appereance:

7/3/2012 #1
greendiamond123

This is a good idea!!

Name: Lena Hanley

Super-name: (a nickname they came up with themself) The Fire Princess

Power: Fire, just normal fire

How character came to have said power: she died by a explosion, but at one day she was back ready to kill the one who set the bomb

History: She don't remember much, she is just back of the death, she will get flashbacks!!

Basic outlook on life: she don't care of the life, she is the undeath, her soul will rest if she get revange

Appereance: Do you know Elektra? Her red clothes she have to!!

7/11/2012 #2
Butterfly in a Hurricane

(I'll bite... )

Name: Kaylee Adams

Super-name: Freefall

Power: Gravity Manipulation (ifdarkerthanlight allows it.) aka the ability to manipulate gravity

How the character came to have said power: It's a natural ability, thanks to her lineage.

History: Gravity manipulation is essential for an alien race who, quite literally, live in a black hole. This is the race Kaylee truly is. As part of a ceremony to earn passage into adulthood, Kaylee's race literally slingshot someone from the black hole to a level 6 or lower planet. In Kaylee's case, this planet was Earth. On entering the Earth's atmosphere, her natural gaseous form carbonised, forming a human body.

Basic outlook on life: 'Yay! Humans' Kaylee is constantly comparing things to how things are in her home world and is continuously surprised by the things she finds. She's very, very wary of toasters, believing they explode. She also has a fascination with music, something they didn't have in the Black Hole. She is rather easily misled. Intelligent, but naive.

Appearance: Waist length brown ringletted hair, dark blue eyes, taller then average, curvy

Normal day outfit: Bright blue jeans with multicoloured t-shirts, covered by a purple light jacket when the situation requires it.

Superhero outfit: Think 'Aqua' from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and you're there.

8/11/2012 #3
Four Star Juggernaut

Name: John Bennet

Super-Name: Thief

Power: Invisibility.

How He Got His Power: A ghost bit him.

History: John grew up on the rough side of town, he got bit by a ghost, and discovered he could become invisible.

Life Outlook: If it isn't bolted down he'll steal it.

Appearance: He looks like Jet Li.

8/11/2012 #4
darkerthanlight
Wow.... Ok I thought this was dead but alright. One more person and I'll make my character then we'll start.
8/11/2012 #5
Butterfly in a Hurricane

(Should I take it the character's approved? I wasn't sure I'd be allowed that power. :))

8/12/2012 #6
darkerthanlight
Yup everyone's approved
8/12/2012 #7
Yellow Fluffy Cloud of Doom

Name: Emily Tate

Super-name: (a nickname they came up with themself) the Prancer (Not her idea, but one that she stuck with anyway)

Power: She has impressive acrobatic skills due to an enhanced strength and extreme speed and agility. Her endurance is also increased.

How character came to have said power: At a music festival, a dancing competition was held by a man called Wizard. She entered after being promised a "wicked awesome prize", and after winning, was given the power to "keep on dancin' all day and all night". Wizard didn't know the ancient spell he had cast would actually work. What also came with the prize; a pink ribbon that is tied around one's wrist.

History: Emily was born in New York City, raised by hippie parents. She always had an obsession with music, and loved dancing.

Basic outlook on life: Emily believes that there is no good or evil; just shades of gray. Since she got her powers, she tries to help people, despite the fact that she has no idea what she's doing. She's looking for a mentor of sorts, and has currently enrolled herself at a capoeira studio several blocks away from her apartment. At least she's making an effort! Sidenote; Emily is a fan of the ladies.

Appereance: Has long, light brown hair that she ties back. Her eyes are bright green. She is fit from her various dance disciplines. She has freckles.

8/12/2012 #8
darkerthanlight
Accepted now wait for me to make my character and write the opening :)
8/12/2012 #9
darkerthanlight

Name: Charlie Patron

Super-name: (a nickname they came up with themself) Changling

Power: Shapeshifting

How character came to have said power: As a thirteen year old Charlie was cursed by a witchdoctor who had seen him abusing his dog. The curse was ment to teach him a lesson by turning him into a dog, but his cellphone counteracted the ancient curse and the radio waves made it so the he absorbed some of the witchdoctors powers, it only gave him the ability to change into any animal he can picture.

History: After the curse was laid on him he went back home. Though he didn't realize the curse made some changes to his appearence. He grew fangs and his hair became thicker, he would soon find out that his hair now grew twice as fast as it used to along with his finger nails and toe nails.

Upon returning home his mother freaked and called the cops on him. He managed to escape and live, ironically, as a dog for 3 years. Until just recently he only changed to his human form when absolutly necassary... That is... until he was spotted and caught...

Appereance: Long dark brown hair with matching eyes. He has a fang that sticks out of the corner of his mouth.

Beginning!

Charlie was struggling against the FBI agents trying to restrain him. The setting for now is in an allyway where the cops have spotted Charlie. He reaks of garbage and B.O. which is distracting to the agents as they try to shove him in the back of their car. One hits him with a tranquilizer dart and he falls over. Luckily it wasn't enough to completely knock him out, just enough to make him feel slightly high. He attempts to escape by turning into a snake, but his movement is limited and is easily picked back up.

8/12/2012 #10
Oh No. It's Happened

Name: Jecht Sanders

Super-name: Prototype

Power: Flight, and accelerated recovery. He brings artillery around to fight with.

How character came to have said power: When he was a kid, he was a trouble-maker. He pulled pranks on everyone. One day, while he was running from a gang who intended on killing him he tripped and his skin peeled off of his legs. He kept running though because he knew that he would die if he didn't. So he kept running, and running, until he came upon a small cave. He looked back to make sure he wasn't being followed, and he wasn't. He saw green emeralds and, on instinct, he touched it. It jolted him so strongly that he fell on his knees, and the emeralds pierced them. He passed out, and the next thing he knew, he had his powers.

History: After obtaining the powers, he ran back home as fast as he could and realized that his legs had recovered. Once he got home, he showed his parents and they were overjoyed with his new powers, because he was able to help them out with household duties. He became much more mature, and helped out everyone in his town as an apology. They lived happily for years, until the government found him and he was taken. Once there, the government ran tests on him, and then put a collar on him. The collar would render him under their control. If he stepped out of line, it would shock him and the main was too much. He was their slave and secret weapon.

Basic outlook on life: He's not allowed to have an outlook, but he regrets getting his powers if he has to live the way he does.

Appereance: He is about 5'6 and he's got sandy brown hair and light blue eyes. His hair is cut to keep it out of his face. He has a gray, mechanical collar around his neck, wrists, and ankles. He's muscular.

8/13/2012 . Edited 8/14/2012 #11

(I'm assuming this takes place in some kind of city)

Emily sighed as she walked down the street, her clothes smelling of coffee beans having just finished her shift at the local Starbucks. The sound of a struggling man and some grunting fed's made her stop in front of an alley. A man was being pushed into a vehicle, most likely as some kind of criminal or something. Hmm. Not something you see everyday. She watched as the man's form suddenly shifted, into that of a snake. Definitely something you don't see every day.

8/13/2012 #12
darkerthanlight

(Sanders is good except he is somewhat of a god... you can keep everything except you need to choose between him having super strength flight or speed)

"Help" cried Charlie apon seeing Emily.

8/13/2012 . Edited 8/13/2012 #13

Emily felt a twinge. She knew she shouldn't get in the way of the law, but... the guy was like her. Different.

In under a second she was there, delivering a high kick to the back of an Agents neck, knocking him out. The other agent threw a punch her way, and with a yelp, Emily ducked and stretched her leg out, tripping him. On his way to the ground, he hit the side of the armored car, and fell unconscious. Emily breathed hard, and turned towards Charlie. "Uh. Hey. Thought you needed some help."

8/13/2012 #14
AliOrox

(hope your still accepting :) )

Name: Gardenia Ryan

Super-name: Trinity

Power: Dopple ganger - Gardenia can create any number of copies of herself but she tends to split into just 3 (including herself, the original) as she finds that her strength, personality, energy etc. is spread out across her copies, and so the more she creates the more she is diluted. So she only splits into three as she finds it the optimum balance between quantity and quality.

How character came to have said power: Gardenia spent most of her childhood alone and so she decided to try an ancient spell that claimed it would creates friends for her. The result was not what the young naive girl was hoping for, but thus a dopple ganger was born.

History: As a child Gardenia's parents were always fighting and never paid any attention to her. She was very anti-social and as a result was always alone. When she gained her powers she become more confident and came to love tricking people with her dopple gangers. As soon as she was 16 she moved out of home and left her parents behind never intending to see them again. She now lives in a rundown apartment with a temp job trying to make ends meet.

Basic outlook on life: Once Gardenia grew out of her younger antisocial loner phase, she almost changed completely. She loves to stand out and be 'different' either with her looks or her personality. She sees life a giant adventure, almost like a competition on who can have the most fun.

Appearance: Gardenia has short, dyed reddy black hair, multiple piercings on her both ears as well as an eyebrow and nose peircing. She also generally wears fun floral dresses.

8/13/2012 . Edited 8/15/2012 #15
Butterfly in a Hurricane

Kaylee watched the commotion for the opposite side of the street. She wasn't the only person doing so, there was quite a crowd gathering.

'So' she summarised, 'this isn't a normal event on Earth.' She continued watching with interest. Perhaps it was one of those 'plays' the person at the theatre had told her about.

8/14/2012 #16
Oh No. It's Happened

"Crap," A man with big black headphones muttered. "Sanders... they might need you. There's a... rebellion, of a sort," He said with a smirk. The smirk soon turned into a frown. "You are to oversee the transaction. If they make any more movements, detain them. We need them alive. We could use a shifter. And there seems to be someone else there...:

"So you can do the same thing you did to me... to them?" Jecht asked, looking down at him.

"Don't talk to me. Get going." He shoved Jecht away before turning back to his computer screen.

Jecht began walking through the long hall to his exit area. Once there, his hair started waving from the immense air. He put his guns on his holster... in case he needed to kill them; his controller didn't know what other supers were capable of. He began to levitate himself before flying down from the plane he was in. It was almost impossible for him to breathe, but he had gotten used to it.

"44 kilometers west, then it'll be right below you," The Controller said.

Jecht said nothing but followed his directions. He looked down and saw them fighting. He muttered and landed, standing next to the truck and observing. He made note of all of the people's techniques.

8/14/2012 #17
darkerthanlight

Still drugged Charlie turned to her.

"Thank you kind lad...."

He hit the floor in a deep sleep drool dripping from his mouth. He hadn't noticed anybody else watching, though there was a huge crowd across the street.

8/14/2012 . Edited 8/14/2012 #18
Butterfly in a Hurricane

A broad smile crossed Kaylee's face as she deemed the performance to have come to an end. "Oh, bravo!" she called and started clapping, when she promptly noticed no-one else was doing the same.

So, this wasn't a play. Huh... That meant the pain, the drugs and the arrest where real. Even down a back alley was a suspicious place for a play, now that she thought about it.

That wasn't right.

She placed herself between the crowd and the entrance to the alley, tapping into the subtle curves and pulls of this planet's gravity, just encase.

"Everything okay down there?" she called down the alleyway. "Do you require help?"

8/14/2012 #19

Emily tried to catch him but he slipped from her arms. "Shit." Despite her strength, she struggled with the mans size in comparison to hers. She put him in a firemans hold and started to make an exit. A voice belonging to a girl at the mouth of the alley stopped her. "Oh. Uh.... thanks. You didn't, erm... see anything."

8/15/2012 #20
Oh No. It's Happened

He watched with a blank expression on his face. "Well. I can't say that they were successful. But now the Shifter is with another super.," He murmured into his microphone quietly and calmly. "I can't guarantee that you can get him now," He continued to observe them, with somewhat of a pained look in his eyes, as memories flashed back to him. He was just like this boy. He didn't want what happened to him to happen to anyone else. He gritted his teeth and exhaled again.

8/15/2012 . Edited 8/15/2012 #21
Butterfly in a Hurricane

(A fireman's lift is a type of hold where you place someone over your shoulder. . The two character's are still in the alleyway.)

8/15/2012 #22
Oh No. It's Happened

(Oh, I thought that I was missing something and a bunch of firemen came, and you gave him to a fireman. Fail. I'll edit it. Okay. Done.)

"Well, you're going to get him, one way or another," The Controller spat at him through the mic. "Sometimes you're so worthless. I can kill you, you know. I really can."

He stared at the girl once again and sighed. It really hurt him to have to attempt this. He braced himself and took a deep breath, before he walked over to her. "Miss," He called, pain in his voice. "I would like to ask if you could hand over the boy." He explained, attempting to sound casual. He put a hand on his holster, ready to attack her if she tried to retaliate. It broke his heart to do this-- but he'd been doing it as long as he could remember. He ran another hand through his hair.

8/15/2012 . Edited 8/15/2012 #23

Emily eyed the man and swallowed. She tried to look confident and intimidating. "Back away. You don't know what I'm capable of." She hoped the man would take the bluff.

8/15/2012 #24
darkerthanlight

Charlie began to come to and open his eyes. What was this? he was floating? No he was just being carried. He looked up and saw the girl who was holding him, automatically he assumed she was with the force.

"Hey! Put me down!" He yelled still a bit groggy. He squirmed from her grip and imediatly saw the girl who had previously thought his preformance was a play, and the boy with the gun.

His eyes widened when he saw the knocked out agents... "How long have I been out? and what do you all want?!" He began to back away slowly.

8/15/2012 #25
Oh No. It's Happened

Sanders stared at the girl for a moment, not saying anything.

"Detain her, and get the shifter, you idiot!" The Controller yelled at him through the mic.

Sanders balled his fists and sighed. He couldn't believe that he was about to do this... but he had to. "Miss. Please, just hand him over. Nobody has to be hurt," He said, putting a hand on her shoulder, his other still on his holster, ready to draw his gun if necessary. After the Shifter had begun backing up, he turned his attention to him. "Sir. On behalf of all of the other agents in my department, I would like to request that you come back to our base. I will take you by force if I must."

8/15/2012 . Edited 8/15/2012 #26
darkerthanlight

"Why? Whats in it for me?" Charlie asked his eyebrow raised.

8/15/2012 . Edited 8/15/2012 #27
Oh No. It's Happened

"..." He stared at him. "Insurance." He muttered. "We can... protect you. Teach you how to use your powers, before enslav--" He started before he was shocked. He fell onto the floor, with electric emitting from all of the collars that they had put on him. He was panting, despair and pain in his voice. "I.... I meant... we.... we can teach you how to use them... before... helping you become a super hero..." He lied.

8/15/2012 . Edited 8/15/2012 #28
darkerthanlight

Super hero?! How awesome would that be?! Charlie fantasized about this. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box and didn't make the connection when the boy in front of him got shocked.

"Count me in!" He exclaimed, eager to begin saving people and doing all that other superhero shit. He had a big toothy grin his fangs showing.

8/15/2012 . Edited 8/15/2012 #29
AliOrox

(hey, umm was Gardenia accepted?)

8/15/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Shrimpy Kay Abysse, LadyApathy, spearofhope
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member