Roleplays Rock
A place open to any or all roleplays. Join one or start your own!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Eladon

(Improv means we make stuff up as we go along. However, if you just start acting like a maniac and creating posts with no actual sense, I will murder your character.)

Clubs.

Eventually, almost everyone who lives in a city ends up in a club. Maybe they're looking to get publicly drunk. Maybe they're looking for prey, be it sex or a meal. Maybe they're looking to drag out their crazy friend. Who knows? Point is, it has a tendency to happen.

This club is called Split/Level, because whoever built the thing apparently built it in two halves, which where then stuck together and sealed. Thing is, one of its halves was put on a section not unlike the ground under the Leaning Tower of Pisa. While the club isn't leaning, that half has dropped a total of two feet lower than the other half over the years.

What presumably started as a prank is now half (pun intended) the point of the club, which has been repaired to keep the elements out, not to mention being renamed and redesigned with this problem in mind. It's actually quite a popular club in a well-populated city.

It's currently nine in the evening of what was a warm spring day, and is now becoming rather chilly.

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #1
Chainsaw Cake

"Okay," she said to the bartender, snickering a bit uncontrollably. "Just - okay, okay, I think I might be a little drunk - " She broke out laughing again. "Okay, I'm a little bit drunk but that's no reason to stop!" The statement was punctuated with an upraised pointer finger. "So, y'know, what do you have that's cheap and strong but doesn't taste like total shit?"

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #2
VannaLa

Acting overly drunk, Lucy stumbled to middle and jumped onto a table, careful not to break her other stiletto. Having had only one beer, she mock fell over and got back up, dancing with zero inhibitions. Shakily she danced to the most current hip song and kept her drink in hand, ever the expert, acting completely wasted.

8/21/2012 #3
Eladon

"That's what you're drinking, unless you prefer vodka," the bartender told her absentmindedly. At this point, there wasn't much need to be polite. He could easily get other customers if she left, too. He refilled her glass, and several others while he was at it.

One of the bouncers started towards Lucy, then changed his mind and went back to looking as though he was holding the wall up.

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #4
Chainsaw Cake

She knocked it back, leaving a ring of bright red lipstick on the glass.

"Oh my god I love this song!" There was a woman already dancing on one of the tables. Nina joined her without preamble.

8/21/2012 #5
VannaLa

Lucy danced with Nina, stumbling on her broken heel. Annoyed to an extent by Nina's blocking her view to the others in the club, Lucy pushed it out of mind and made a high screaming noise that sounded somewhat similar to a 'wooootttt' while she swigged her beer and pulled her unbroken shoe off.

8/21/2012 #6
Chainsaw Cake

Suddenly, the phone in Nina's hip pocket gave a loud, piercing chirp. She hopped down from the table and found the quietest spot in the club she could, which wasn't saying much.

"Surrounded? Shit." Any traces of drunkenness were gone from her voice. It was like she'd sobered up in the space of seconds.

"Am I getting any help tonight?

"Go fucking figure.

"Of course I've got Zero with me, what do you take me for?

"Later."

Nina slunk out of the club and went to her car. Popped open the trunk. An acid-green bass guitar lay there.

"We've got some work to do, Zero," Nina said, picking the instrument up and slinging it across her back. "You ready?"

always ready Nina you know that

She grinned, scarlet thrice-pierced lips lifting away from sharp, sharp teeth.

"Let's go."

8/21/2012 #7
Eladon

The same bouncer started forward again, but a man dressed on black and silver entered the club, saw the two girls (just as Nina got off the table, as it happened), and gently pushed the bouncer away. the bouncer whirled, ready to deck the random guy who had just touched him, but when he saw the man, he backed off calmly.

"Somebody tell me that this is a joke," the man said, coming over to look up at Lucy more closely. "I didn't even know you lot were allowed to get drunk."

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #8
Chainsaw Cake

I can smell them, she thought as she stalked through the alley. They're all over. But now that I'm out of there, things should be fine. They always gravitate toward me. It's only a matter of time.

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #9
Eladon

(Fucking - don't do that.)

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #10
VannaLa

Lucy, being alone now in the air, looked around the bar a little better. She noticed a couple people that seemed well fit to the description, but none close enough.

8/21/2012 #11
mermaidmotel
Céline walked into the club, her long, skinny legs casting a shadow behind her. She smirked a little as she looked around. Tonight was going to be fun. She strutted up to the bar, "I'd like a rum and coke." Céline flashed the bartender a winning smile.
8/21/2012 #12
Eladon

(Vanna, Edit. You have someone to talk to.)

The bartender poured the requested drink and promptly ignored the girl.

8/21/2012 #13
VannaLa

Hearing his voice, but not making the words out, Lucy jumped down with an easy step. "What was that you said?" She ask, purposefully slurring her words.

8/21/2012 #14
Chainsaw Cake

One by one, the souls as Nina could smell them were flicking away, like lightbulbs blowing out. They weren't just leaving - they were disappearing. Being absorbed.

She turned, her eyes widening, pupils shrinking down to pinpricks. Her lips lifted again, but it was in a snarl rather than a grin.

"You."

8/21/2012 #15
VannaLa

(Saw that after, does that work?)

8/21/2012 #16
Mephiles666

The dark clad man panted as he ran down the street, not looking back to see if he was still being followed. The briefcase he carried, he had to get it to someone other than those who were chasing him. Worse was that since he knew what was in the case, they'd want him dead as well.

If only he could find a means to destroy the contents? He ran past a club, not entering as he knew it was a dead end and he'd surely be caught.

8/21/2012 #17
Eladon

"I assume you're the one I'm looking for," the man in black and silver said. "Or else I'm going to be rather upset with some friends of mine. If you're not the person I'm looking for, then the sooner you tell me, the sooner I'll be out of your hair."

8/21/2012 #18
Chainsaw Cake

Nina took off after the man with the briefcase, long legs eating up the distance. She could feel Zero's growing excitement as well as hers - they both loved this work.

If that was what she thought it was...

The equalists have gone too fucking far, she thought. I've got to get that case. Have to destroy what's in it.

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #19
VannaLa

"You seem to be the one I was told to meet. Although, I was told you have something for me." Lucy said, smiling slightly, edging them both towards the clubs exit and away from the crowd, she wanted to prolong this encounter as long as possible.

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #20
Eladon

"Then I'm not the one you're waiting for," the man informed her. Since she seemed to want out of the club, he had no problem accommodating her. In that regard. "I'm looking for a Paladin. Why one would be in a club, I don't know."

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #21
Mephiles666

"This distance is enough, I think I can check to see if it's cle-" The dark clad man turned to see a woman, on he ran past, run at him.

"SHIT! NO!" he thought as he continued running. Looking forward, he saw that there was another one coming from the opposite direction! If he stayed on the street, he'd be sandwiched. And so he turned the corner and into the alley.

8/21/2012 #22
Chainsaw Cake

Nina turned on a dime and went after him. Years of vigilante work were working to her advantage.

"Fair warning!" she called after him. "If you hand over the case, you get to walk free!" If you don't intend to kill them, you can always give them a chance to surrender.

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #23
VannaLa

Thinking carefully, Lucy nodded deliberately. "And? Why exactly are you looking for one?"

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #24
Mephiles666

That's what the last one said before they tried to slice his head off when he complied. He wasn't going to stop.

Then...brick wall.

"Who the fuck puts a a brick wall in the middle of an Alley!?" he thought. This meant that the person two people were behind him. As he turned, he reached into his coat and pulled out a 9mm.

8/21/2012 #25
Chainsaw Cake

"Oh god, don't even try," Nina said, unslinging Zero from her back. "Look, do you know what's in that case? It's the latest from those fucking Equalists. I could feel it snuffing out low-level spirits as you passed by, and that was from inside the case. It needs to be destroyed."

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #26
Eladon

"Paladins don't drink. I'm given to understand that it's explicitly forbidden." the man shook his head as they exited the club. "At any rate, there's been a whole lot of Equalist activity in my neighborhood lately. Now, legally, there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not a terribly legal guy. But what I do isn't actually illegal, either, and it's a whole lot better than the alternative. Still, I like to stay on the right side of the law when i can. And if there's anything you can do, I'd be very, very obliged. Paladins almost never come down here, of course, but there's a lot of things I can do for you in return."

8/21/2012 #27
Mephiles666

"You think I'm going to trust you?" the man asked, aiming his gun at her. "I know full well what it is considering I put it in there."

Where was were the ones who were chasing me before, what happened to them?

8/21/2012 #28
VannaLa

"Paladins don't traditionally drink. But I'm not exactly traditional." Lucy said, feeling as though she needed to justify herself. She wasn't exactly a perfect one, sometimes straying a bit far from her code of conduct, but she made up for it. In this day and age, she was much more faithful to her codes than most. Kicking off the half shoe she had left on, she walked barefoot beside him. "Go on." she prompted.

8/21/2012 #29
Chimera-Leonov

"Why not? That hasn't stopped you before" Malacai noted, taking a sip from his drink.

He watched as his friend walked off, and snagged two hot dates for himself.

"Tipsy and still able to score. I envy him somtimes" he said to himself. Malacai downed the rest of his drink as he looked around the club. It wasn't something he wasn't used to, just something he didn't do as often as he sometimes believed he should. He had a resopnisbility, but now it walked off into the night. He was sure that he would get a call in the morning, his best friend asking Malacai to pick him up from some forsaken section of the city that they both never knew existed.

He tried to soak in te rhythmic atmosphere, but being alone, it was getting hard to do so. Leaving seemed like a good option, but something told him to stay, just a little longer...

8/21/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Shrimpy Kay Abysse, LadyApathy, spearofhope
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member