Roleplays Rock
A place open to any or all roleplays. Join one or start your own!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Amelia the GodModder

The Basic Plot: A group of powerful beings awaken in a beautiful field enclosed in a glass dome. The beings lack tools or weapons, but the field is decorated with various tools the group can use. Outside the dome their is more of the field and a hoard of nasty creatures who are targeting the group. It is up to the group to survive and try to escape or just have fun killing monsters.

Why You're in the Arena: Four hooded beings took you from your home and placed you here. They have the ability to travel between dimensions and manipulate them as well, which means you can come from anywhere, have any abilities and be any species.

The Arena: The arena starts out as a grassy field, lacking in trees, vines or any major plants besides grass and weeds. Most of the grass goes up to the human knee, and most of the weeds blend in with the grass, but are shorter. There are various tools and weapons scattered on the ground. If someone was to try to dig, they could find small artifacts and more tools under. The arena can be distorted and changed at any time. The arena is it's own dimensional space, which means escaping it requires powerful magic.

Weapons, Tools and the Like: When the group first wakes up in the arena, all of the weapons will be primitive, ineffective or be something that a few of the beings are weak with. For the beings to get better weapons and tools they must steal them from monsters.

Monsters: The monsters are shadowy creatures that can be pretty much anything. The monsters will come in through the glass, and will be described before then.

The Glass Dome: The glass dome prevents the group from simply walking out of the arena. The glass dome can be walked through by the monsters, but the group cannot pass through it. The dome has also been enchanted to be unbreakable by normal tools, but powerful magic can bring it down.

The Group: The group is made up of your OCs. Your OC can be any species, even a made up one. (Humans/fragile creatures not recommended.) There are no roles in the group, since everyone was kidnapped and taken here. Leadership roles and goals for the group will be made by the group once the RP has started.

Interacting with Anything: Whether your talking to someone, attacking a monster or using a tool to dig, you cannot always succeed. Try to fail sometimes, especially if your doing something you're not good at. When interacting with conscious beings, never ever write their reaction, whether it is a voluntary action or not. This is called "powerplaying" and it is against the forum's rules.

Character Skeleton:

Name: (Anything goes.)

Age: (Go by Earth years, and tell me what your age is relatively to human ages.)

Species: (Give a name and description of what you are.)

Gender: (If your species doesn't have genders just say "unisex")

Appearance: (Describe what you look like.)

Personality: (Describe what your OC is more apt to act like. Try to describe common actions and feelings rather than personality traits.)

Strengths: (Tell me your skills, your physical perks and what you do best when forced to survive in the wild. Try to include skills and powers you know and understand. No personality strengths. Don't make yourself too powerful.)

Weaknesses: (Tell me the things you can do and what kind of tools you don't use well. Try to include skills and powers you don't understand. No personality weaknesses. Make sure the list is reasonably long. Have at least five major weaknesses, but don't make them too debilitating.)

(P.S. If anyone has a better name for this RP, or any questions not answered by the, please tell me.)

8/7/2013 . Edited 8/7/2013 #1
U.N. Owen the Son of Steel

(You can start by spelling 'kidnapped' right.)

8/7/2013 #2
star5120

Character Skeleton:

Name: (Anything goes.)Spiritus Nocte, although her true name is impossible to pronounce by most species

Age: (Go by Earth years, and tell me what your age is relatively to human ages.) Approximately 1,673 human years, although time moves quite differently in the dream realm

Species: (Give a name and description of what you are.)Somnium Errantis, a walker of the dream realm. Known by many names such as "Dreamweaver" or "Dream Walker", this species fabricates dreams out of the very element of the Universe. They do, however, have a spasmodic tendency; spinning calm, tranquil dreams one moment, while creating savage ensembles the next. They are also able to shift into different forms, making it easier to blend into dreamscapes.

Gender: (If your species doesn't have genders just say "unisex") Female

Appearance: (Describe what you look like.) Spiritus, in her humanoid form, takes on an elf-like appearance, from her tall, willowy figure to her pointed ears. Her hair flows in white, glowing wisps down her shoulders. Her eyes are pure white, and her facial features are sharp, with especially prominent cheekbones. Her ivory complexion, and luminous skin, give her a ghost-like look. In her true form she is a blinding orb of pure light.

Personality: (Describe what your OC is more apt to act like. Try to describe common actions and feelings rather than personality traits.) Spiritus, while not able to experience 'feelings' in the same way as humans consider, does have emotions. Although they reside on a more mental level rather than a physical level. Meaning, whilst her face shows little to no emotion, she can connect to a person on a telepathic degree.

Strengths: (Tell me your skills, your physical perks and what you do best when forced to survive in the wild. Try to include skills and powers you know and understand. No personality strengths. Don't make yourself too powerful.) Spiritus, like the rest of her species, has a talent for healing. Unfortunately, this gift works more on a spiritual degree, rather than physical. She herself heals faster than most either way, but when healing others she has limits. Another talent of hers is weaving facades. Meaning she could make others see what she wanted to see, an illusion of sorts, that only those strong psychologically can see through.

Weaknesses: (Tell me the things you can do and what kind of tools you don't use well. Try to include skills and powers you don't understand. No personality weaknesses. Make sure the list is reasonably long. Have at least five major weaknesses, but don't make them too debilitating.) Being from the dream realm, she is not familiar with pain, but in the new realm, where pain is anticipated, it will take her time to adjust. She also has little experience with weapons, which seems to be a need-to-know thing in the arena. Spiritus is also not used to be in fatal situations, and will be forced to think situations through in a whole different way. During the daytime, her 'abilities' are dulled, likewise, they are at their best at nightfall. One of her biggest weaknesses is strength, in the dream realm gravity, in Earth's terms, is nonexistent, meaning the strongest muscle she has is her brain, and she has about as much strength as an average human female.

(P.S. If anyone has a better name for this RP, or any questions not answered by the, please tell me.)

(My main question is will the monsters be attacking them full time? Or like, only certain times of the day or something?)

8/7/2013 #3
StarfleetOrc
Name: Warlord Derskragga of Shakbul Age: 46 Species: Dersk is and orc. They're around 7ft tall on average, have greenish brown skin, are really buff, and have pointed ears and tusks. Their culture is very similar to that of feudal Japan, and so is their technology and weaponry. Gender: Male Appearance: Dersk is 7'9", which is big even for an orc, and still inhumanly muscular. His head is shaved except for a long, jet black pony tail, but he also has a thick and shaggy beard, though no moustache. The skin on most of the right half of his face is singed off, and three long, thin scars exist opposite. He has one catlike red eye, though his right was torn out long ago- and he doesn't wear an eyepatch. Only sissies wear eye patches. He wears two golden rings in his left ear, and one in the right. On his chest the symbol of Akira, god of war and the sun, is tattooed in red ink, or... Blood? Personality: He's usually a jerk, who sees his species as the purest, and thus all others as inferior. He's prone to violent rages,and doesn't take no for an answer. Still, he has a sense of honor like all orcish warriors are trained to- though, orcish honor is not always the same as other cultures (i.e., mercy is weak, show your opponent respect and let him die on the battlefield). Strengths: Killing monsters is going to be a big part of this, and fortunately, if there's anything Dersk excels as, it's killing monsters. Trained since as soon as he could hold his dual katanas (age three, by the way), how to kill things. He is, obviously, really strong, and kicks almost as much butt without a weapon as with (not really, but he still kicks some butt). Also, even an upper classman like himself learns how to survive in the wilderness, in all those ritual hunts and long campaigns... But will that be the same as surviving here? Weaknesses: He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, like most orcs, who prize strength over intelligence or cunning. Orcs have a dulled sense of fear, sometimes doing good, but usually just getting him into crappy situations. Being from a planet in its dark ages, he has understanding of technology, even moreso comming from a culture that rejects the little technology available. A primitive musket would seem advanced to him. His earlier mentioned rage outbursts also get him into plenty of trouble. He has no magical skill at all, as before he could only pray to the god Akira, who would not exist in this dimension to answer.
8/7/2013 #4
StarfleetOrc
((Sorry for the horrible spacing... That tends to happen when I post from my iPod. I'll clean it up on my pc later if I get the chance.))
8/7/2013 #5
StarfleetOrc
(( By the way, will the different kidnapped members be able to communicate at first, through some magical or technological means? Or will they just speak gibberish to each other, and communicate through body language or not at all? ))
8/7/2013 #6
Amelia the GodModder

Spiritus Nocte and Warlord Derskragga of Shakbul are accepted.

8/8/2013 #7
Amelia the GodModder

Answers to everything you guys appear to be confused about:

StarfleetOrc: Also, even an upper classman like himself learns how to survive in the wilderness, in all those ritual hunts and long campaigns... But will that be the same as surviving here? Minus the shadow monsters trying to kill you, the current environment is pretty much the wilderness. But, as I said, the arena can change at any moment. He has no magical skill at all, as before he could only pray to the god Akira, who would not exist in this dimension to answer. Incorrect. The people who kidnapped you have the ability to connect you to your god when need-be, so you can still pray to Akira. (( By the way, will the different kidnapped members be able to communicate at first, through some magical or technological means? Or will they just speak gibberish to each other, and communicate through body language or not at all? )) I will make it up to the kidnapped members of the party. I will ask you guys if you want to be able to talk at first or if you want to have to find a way to communicate on your own. If you guys want to be able to talk outright, the hooded people will just manipulate other people words to sound like your characters language.

star5120: She also has little experience with weapons, which seems to be a need-to-know thing in the arena. Weapons are not a need-to-know, but a better-to-know. (My main question is will the monsters be attacking them full time? Or like, only certain times of the day or something?) The monsters attack in waves, so they only attack occasionally. I will usually start each "wave" just as your ready or just before.

8/8/2013 . Edited 8/8/2013 #8
star5120

((Oh, okay, thanks. And, at least for my character, she can speak/understand most beings' languages if they dream. Also, are you going to go more into why the hooded people kidnapped and put them under a dome to fight monsters? Like the reason? ))

8/8/2013 #9
Amelia the GodModder

((Oh, okay, thanks. And, at least for my character, she can speak/understand most beings' languages if they dream. Also, are you going to go more into why the hooded people kidnapped and put them under a dome to fight monsters? Like the reason?)) ((Only if you meet up with the hooded people. I will let the story explain that one.))

8/8/2013 #10
LK101

Name: Spike III Jr

Age: 1 earth year but on his planet he is 8 which is equivalent to being 22 on earth

Species: Serepts, a species similar to giant snakes. They have wings that can only be used for gliding and are covered in spikes. They can roll themselves into spiky boulders this is faster than slithering or gliding nut harder to control too.

Appearance: A green Serept 12 ft long. I'm covered in dark blue spikes and have leathery skin. My left eye has an eyepatch over it.

Personality: Spike is sneaky and sly. He always has a cunning plan to deal with a situation. He is friendly but sneaks away without being noticed and loves scaring people.

Strengths: He is very fast when slithering and ever faster when in boulder form. He is even faster when in boulder form and has good control over it. He can slither and glide silently. His bite is poisonous and he is resistant to toxins. He can sense people by vibrations in the ground and is very intelligent. He can swallow things hole.

Weaknesses: He is cold blooded so he will become weaker if he doesn't stay heated and eventually he will die. He has no hands so he can't wield human weapons (they had different weapons on his planet). He has no bones and his only protection is his hard leathery skin. In water or rain his wings get wet and he can't fly. He has to eat a lot more then an average human to stay alive and this wastes a lot of time and resources. He is scared of necromancy and doesn't know how to deal with the undead.

I think they should be able to communicate.

8/14/2013 . Edited 9/7/2013 #11
Amelia the GodModder

LK101: ((Your character is accepted. When you say "which is equivalent to being 22 on earth" you mean "which is equivalent to being 22 as a human" right?))

8/16/2013 #12
LK101

Yes.

8/17/2013 #13
Amelia the GodModder

((Good to know. I thought you might of meant snake years.))

8/18/2013 #14
Amelia the GodModder

((I am going to start it soon. Before we start I need you guys to say whether or not you can initially talk with your group.))

8/18/2013 #15
StarfleetOrc
(( I think being able to talk to each other would be the best for story progression. I'm going with that. ))
8/18/2013 #16
Amelia the GodModder

((Ok, so 2/3 said that they should be able to communicate. No one said we shouldn't and one of you said neutral. If no one posts a new character by tomorrow I will just start the RP. I'm impatient.))

8/19/2013 #17
StarfleetOrc
((Hey, patience is overrated. ;) ))
8/19/2013 #18
Amelia the GodModder

((Amen. The RP will start after I'm done with school.))

8/20/2013 #19
Amelia the GodModder

((It is after school so RP is starting now.)) Three random people find themselves in a grassy field encased by a large glass dome. A four locations on the glass dome, there are doorways that lead into the field. Beyond that is shadowy figures scraping at the dome and more grassy fields. On the field the players can find many primitive spears, axes, spades and other tools of that nature. You may be able to find bigger, slightly more effective tools and small religious artifacts in the ground. All tools are currently made of things like flint and stone. There are no threats in the dome right now. Right now is the time to prepare a camp and find a strong food source.

8/20/2013 #20
StarfleetOrc
In the grassy fields, a hulking, muscular figure awakens. He wears only a leather loincloth, covering a small portion of his massive physique, just the smallest portion of modesty. He quickly pushes himself from the earth with a grunt, then surveys the landscape. Spotting some indentation in the grass in the distance, he lumbers towards it, jet black ponytail swaying behind him.
8/20/2013 #21
Amelia the GodModder

The indentation in the grass has a primitive spear made of stone. The spear has decorative beads tied to the handle of it.

8/21/2013 #22
star5120

In another section under the dome, not but a few feet away, another creature wakes. Spiritus looks around, taking in the unusual surroundings. It was not a dimension she had ever been in before, and she had been in many dimensions in her lifetime. Standing up, she makes her way to a dark indent in the grass nearby.

8/21/2013 #23
StarfleetOrc
Dersk picks up the spear in both hands, and examines it, feeling the wood. He grunts and moves along- until he spots Spiritus. Mistaking her for someone else, he charges, roaring at the elf like figure, weapon raised.
8/21/2013 #24
Amelia the GodModder

The four doorways gain clocks on them, and the clocks will go on for two days until they complete one full revolution. The first wave comes when the clocks have finished their revolution.

8/21/2013 #25
LK101

Spike spots a monster with a stone spear charging at another monster, at least they look like monsters too him. He lies flat in the grass and slithers towards them silently.

8/23/2013 . Edited 8/25/2013 #26
ThorodonSorrow

(( Awh Too late to post a skeleton? :C ))

8/24/2013 #27
StarfleetOrc
((I guess I'll post again, then.)) The hulking orc would stop his charge about ten feet from Spiritus, though his momentum would cause him to skid slightly forward. He roared beastially once more, making sure the other being noticed. "Tell me where and why you have abducted me, high elf scum, or I will gut you like the worthless creature you are!" He motioned his spear forward once more and growled, as if to emphasize his point.
8/29/2013 #28
Amelia the GodModder

((ThorodonSorrow you can go ahead and post the skeleton. Anyone can come in later if the want.))

8/29/2013 #29
vinfury

Name: Aust Loch

Species: Drow/Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot. White is the most common hair color among drow, but almost any pale shade is possible. Drow tend to be smaller and thinner than other sorts of elves, and their eyes are often a vivid red. Their society is matriarchal and rigidly controlled by the priesthood.

Appearance: Aust is 5'3, has coal black skin and vivid red eyes. Aust body is thin and lithe built for speed rather than power

Personality: Arrogant, As a slaver for the house of Vae Aust learned to show little mercy and be ruthless in his survival sometimes killing his own men if needed. But when time permitted him to he would indulge in the finer things

Strengths: Aust knows a small number of spells due to his drow heritage most notably the spell darkness which creates a sphere of darkness in a 20ft radius. Along with that he has some martial training particularly small blades or ones the require finesse and darkvision

Weaknesses:Light blindness: when abruptly exposed to light Aust is temporally blinded. lacks strength chosing to focus more on speed and quick reactions than overall strength

8/29/2013 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Shrimpy Kay Abysse, LadyApathy, spearofhope
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member