LETS TALK ABOUT SAW
The first thread about SAW on f f . n e t . Come over here and lets talk about it. You're welcome to share your stories, too.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Sergio Shield-Eyes
Yea but I mean full on gore. Like disembowlement and Decapitation. All the critics said it was really gorey but meh. Good movies though.
3/17/2007 #31
Xeno the Hedgehog
The only one that could really be considered gory is the third one.
3/17/2007 #32
Sergio Shield-Eyes
Yeah I agree with that, especially the 360 crucifix.
3/31/2007 #33
Nightingale1408
The first Saw kicked butt, and is my favorite of the three. The second one...eh, not sure if it measures up to the other two as far as dark and grotesk goes, and to be honest it didn't really thrill me, but the needle pit freaked me out. Because I HATE needles. I can't even watch someone get poked with one. I have to look away. But other than that, Saw 3 is my second favorite.
4/17/2007 #34
Nightingale1408
The first Saw kicked butt, and is my favorite of the three. The second one...eh, not sure if it measures up to the other two as far as dark and grotesk goes, and to be honest it didn't really thrill me, but the needle pit freaked me out. Because I HATE needles. I can't even watch someone get poked with one. I have to look away. But other than that, Saw 3 is my second favorite.
4/17/2007 #35
you.suck.pen15
The second could be maybe. There are some pretty gnarly parts, like the guy who gets his brains shot out. But the first, yeah, not really that gory. I love all of them, I can't choose which one the most! :D
4/22/2007 #36
Sergio Shield-Eyes
I like number 2 the best (don't flame me).
4/24/2007 #37
Xeno the Hedgehog
relax, you're entitled to your preferences. Frankly, I'm not a fan of gore. it's not that it grosses me out or anything, it's just that, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I liked the first movie because it didn't focus on gore, but rather on the psychological aspects of the characters as they were subjected to John's various games, and how he managed to connect everybody without revealing his true identity. So up until the end of the film, you thought it was Zep, and then you find out that he was just another pawn in John's plan. Even more amazing, how did the actor remain motionless, in the same position, for every take?
4/29/2007 #38
you.suck.pen15
That's because Tobin Bell is a flippin' pro. :D I agree, the ending of SAW was awesome because for the entire movie, you are under the impression that it is Zepp. And when Jigsaw stands up at the end... yeah, I think the first one had the best ending. It's hard to top that one off. Also, on a slightly unrelated note, the name of the franchise is a fun double-entendre, because the villian's name is JigSAW, and Larry uses a saw to cut his foot off. I just thought I'd add that, because I love word-play. :D
4/29/2007 #39
Xeno the Hedgehog
Ah, but you forget. the title does not refer to a cutting tool, but rather the way John SAW everything his victims went through. it says so on the DVD extras.
4/29/2007 #40
Sergio Shield-Eyes
Um, I don't think a real person lied on the ground the whole time, I think it was just a dummy....
4/29/2007 #41
Xeno the Hedgehog
The film was made with a budget of $1 million. They didn't have the luxury of using a dummy.
4/30/2007 #42
Sergio Shield-Eyes
They could have killed a hobo and used his body as a dummy.
5/3/2007 #43
Xeno the Hedgehog
{sarcastic tone} no, they did that for the guy that Amanda kills in order to remove the reverse beartrap. do you have any idea how much trouble they would be in if someone had actually been killed during the creation of the film?!
5/3/2007 #44
you.suck.pen15
Okay, then it's a triple entendre. :P [[Yeah, I completely spaced...]]
5/3/2007 #45
Sergio Shield-Eyes
Um, it was a joke...
5/7/2007 #46
SAWfreak

Hello,

in February 2009 I made this website for all SAW fans worldwide, it started with a small website with just some pics and stuff, in the meanwhile there are many more things available. Would be awesome if some SAW fans here could help me keep this small SAW website alive, every help is very welcome :-)

Message Board:

Feedback would be cool!

best regards

11/24/2010 #47
zip zip zip

Hello I just for the record why in the hell would they do that use a hobo really.

11/27/2010 #48
FEARLESS MASTER

Greetings, FEARLESS MASTER here. I just thougguys could assist meht I'd offer the characters that I'm working with now so if you could assist me, I'm OBSESED with Jill Tuck! Read my fics My Savior, Strength Beyond Strength and Shape Shifting Smile to get an idea of where I'm wanting to take this fascinating character

11/29/2010 #49
CagedSnow

Okay... Jigsaw's Traps scare the crap out of me! I'll admit it!

Anyway, I've been scanning fics after seeing the end of SAW VI, when the kid pulls the switch that kills the man.

WHY THE HELL ARE WE ALL SUDDENLY IGNORING THAT!? I mean, I've seen utterly no sign of the films touching back on what happens to the mother, son, and the dead man's sister! NONE AT ALL! Does the sister want to kill the kid now, or what? I've seen so many SAW fics, and NONE of them theorize n what happens after that. It just goes to Hoffman. Like 'oh, this guy's dead now, so we're going to focus on stuff other than what becomes of his sister and the people who killed him'.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't rant, but it just ticks me off so much!

12/11/2010 #50
Corpse In Bright Clothing

Well, it was mentioned (I think you hear it on the news in the seventh movie) that they found several people dead but that there were also several survivors. I imagine everyone was found by the police, and everyone we didn't see die is still alive.

12/27/2010 #51
Mistress Of The Macabre

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I hate it how most people see John as a villain.

1/8/2011 #52
KiNg Of SoRrOw
hi like most of you i love the saw movies. I really love the 6th one because it makes sense and the only thing i got mad when agent Lindsey Perez died...i was mad because she was so smart and she was had all the right information. But she still thought that Special Agent Peter Strahm was involved with the murders. She didnt deserve to die :( and i was so shocked when they showed what the letter said that hoffman wrote to amanda in the third film. So now i knew why amanda had to kill dr. Denlon. And i also liked the last film because i found out (SPOILER ALERT!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST SAW MOVE) lawrence gorden was working for john the whole time and in the 6th film the package that jill dropped off at the door was for lawrence. it was a video saying that if anything happened to jill to act on john's behalf man soooo good but the effects were kinda bleh :\
4/3/2011 #53
Veggie's Burger
Anyone heard rumors about a possible saw 8? I read about it online but I doubt it's going to happen. Just curious.
9/27/2011 #54
MissMaryWesker

I heard the same thing floating around on DA and such. I doubt it since the producer's commentary in 7 tells that they actually combined the ideas they had for 7&8 in 7 so they didn't have to make 8. They were iffy about doing two aftr 6 because apparently it did the worst in sales out of the rest of the movies and they didn't want to invest that much more for 8. They could've changed their minds though; that'd be nice, I love looking forward to Saw around Halloween.

9/27/2011 #55
ZivaDavid-LesNinja-FemmeLove

I SO AGREE WITH THAT! The way some people just don't appreciate life...it's...it's horrible. I love John Kramer!!!! He may be a bit of a twisted f***er but he makes one hell of a point! =) GO JOHN!!!

11/20/2011 #56
Veggie's Burger

I SO AGREE WITH THAT! The way some people just don't appreciate life...it's...it's horrible. I love John Kramer!!!! He may be a bit of a twisted f***er but he makes one hell of a point! =) GO JOHN!!!

Agreed, lol, the way he goes about teaching people a lesson ie: setting them up in death traps, is a little twisted but everything he says makes sense.

11/20/2011 #57
ZivaDavid-LesNinja-FemmeLove

I hear that! Ha-ha! Kind of hoping they come out with more Saw movies!!!!

11/20/2011 #58
anonymouse5634
I would like to contribute: first off: Leigh Whannell is an amazing actor, as is Shawnee Smith and Erik Knudsen and Tobin Bell. But, much as Jigsaw's plans are flawed and cruel; they seem to make sense to me more and more throughout. The traps are relevant to what the person has done. Jigsaws traps were officially cool. He put people in traps because they took life for granted. Amandas weren't; because they were inescapable, and she did not give anyone
12/14/2011 #59
anonymouse5634
I would like to contribute: first off: Leigh Whannell is an amazing actor, as is Shawnee Smith and Erik Knudsen and Tobin Bell. But, much as Jigsaw's plans are flawed and cruel; they seem to make sense to me more and more throughout. The traps are relevant to what the person has done. Jigsaws traps were officially cool. He put people in traps because they took life for granted. Amandas were inescapable, and she did not give the victim a second chance, as Jigsaw had done with her. She tested them for revenge. And Hoffman tested his subjects to see if they had the skills to survive; now his traps really were a sick sort of game.
12/14/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyBow8
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member