Because We Play Favorites
What are your favorite Final Fantasy XII pairings and characters? Discuss it all here!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
a certain slant of light
Now, where would any self-respecting Final Fantasy be without a group of femme fatales? Who's your personal choice: Ashe, the proud princess? Penelo, the faithful friend? Fran, the voracious Viera? Or perhaps you're rooting for the underdogs, such as... wow, I was going to employ more clever alliteration here, but minor female characters absolutely elude me right now. Are there any? Oh well, whoever they are, be they named or just that chick you like to watch walk through Muthru Bazaar, she's the topic of gossip here!

Remember: Keep everything spoiler free and only slightly kinky!

12/27/2006 . Edited 12/27/2006 #1
a certain slant of light
Well, keeping true to my tradition, I don't really have a favorite female character. Most I either don't like, or simply don't acknowledge. I suppose I like Fran best, because of her wonderful accent, fine outfit, and great backstory. She's the leading lady in my books.
12/27/2006 #2
damagedbook
fran is cool, but im for penelo haha ... she just keeps vaan in check in almost everything, definitely showing the caring side she has with others ... haha so yeah but fran's also cool too ... haha and about ashe, um ... she's kind of independent but kind of snobby, dunno ... im into penelo all the way!!!
12/27/2006 #3
Faerlyte
Well, I can't stand Fran so that one is definitely out--her outfit makes me cringe. Penelo and Ashe are head to head at the wire. I liked them both a lot. I'd probably say Ashe, but then I've seen Penelo get bashed a lot for no good reason so I'm tempted to pick her instead. But why bother? They can both have the top spot.
1/2/2007 #4
rpgfan04
Ashe definitelly....she reminds me of Rinoa (don't ask XD).

Though, Fran is my second fav (I love her accent!).

Also, for Penelo...I don't actually feel her (like I don't know if I like her or hate her @.@) so I guess I don't really like her....

1/3/2007 #5
Neo-Nebula
I like Penelo best, even though she is not very deep.

I HATE Ashe! I hope she dies or leaves forever! She ruins every scene by gripping over something stupid and being dumb!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Like that scene when you visit the Garif, she yells in poor little Larsa's face about him wanting her to negotiate peace! And on the way to Golmore Jungle when Larsa, Vaan, and Penelo are talking and she makes her and Basch get the spotlight and they are talking about the same crap! All I got to here was Vaan say, "It's not funny, Larsa, this is serious!" and Larsa say, "Oh, I am sorry," and then Penelo says, "Don't be. We need -" and then Ashe starts running her big mouth and I cannot hear the most interesting conversation in the whole game!

Spoiler over!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is so dumb that Larsa, Balthier, and Basch have to tell her off and she is so dumb that she steps on mines that are completely out of her way, killing poor Larsa in the Ozmone Plains! I hate her!

Sorry. I just really hate her.

1/27/2007 #6
Vardonir
i agree with Neo-Nebula...ashe is like yuna, but w/o the sense of humor...

but i like...Fran and (judge)Drace...

because Fran has a wonderful sidestory and Drace...her story is plain...sad, like gabranth's...they died, because of their loyalty...and they dont exactly deserve being killed like that, and leaving larsa to live without his "acting parents"

2/1/2007 #7
Neo-Nebula
Oh, I reached Mt. Bur-Omisace last night and nearly cried about the bad news to Larsa! It was so sad and he cried and . . . woe! And Ashe is not like Yuna because Yuna is my favoritest female ever and Ashe is my most hated female ever. Poor Larsa! Fran is over 50?!!!!!! Old Geezer alert!!!!!!
2/2/2007 #8
bananasquared
I love all of the women from XII, especially Drace! But I had my eye set on the Viera. It was nice to see a well done Anthro race. Plus they have great shoes! So when it comes down to it my favorite female character from XII is definately Mjrn. I would of followed her same path if I was in the game, and her sense of style!
2/6/2007 #9
Neo-Nebula
I just wish they were deeper or something. The characters in this game are missing something. Heck, the intire game is. It has a sense of emptiness to it, I think.
2/9/2007 #10
FREAKSHOW1
I like Drace a lot. Fran and Ashe too. Penelo I can't stand for some reason. Odd because I always have a reason for hating someone, but I just...don't this time. It's like the second I saw her, the voice in the back of my mind (which, incidentally, sounds like Tony Jay), started whispering to me "You will hate her." It's for this reason that I actually go out of my way to try and like her, or at least figure out the cause of my seemingly unwarrented loathing.
2/14/2007 #11
Yukinna
She is so dumb that Larsa, Balthier, and Basch have to tell her off and she is so dumb that she steps on mines that are completely out of her way, killing poor Larsa in the Ozmone Plains! I hate her!

Larsa urged Lady Ashe to use her influence on the Resistance to prevent an aggravation between the warring countries. Unlike his brother Vayne, Larsa was confident that a peaceful solution between these groups involved possible. After his brother was defeated, Larsa took his place in the Arcadian throne and settled into peace agreements.

He does not actually die.

2/16/2007 #12
Faerlyte
Wait, wait--I'm changing my mind. Penelo is definitely my favorite.
2/20/2007 #13
Wakkamoley
WTF why do you all hate Ashe? She didn't do anything wrong -___-
3/18/2007 #14
Lord 0f Storms
people probably hate Ashe (and i'm one of 'em) cuz shes the dumb princess who goes swanning off and getting herself in trouble and then you have to help her!!! and shes just plain mean to everyone!!! especially poor Basch. so i hate all pairings with Ashe!!! but...she did help me defeat a boss lately, so i'll stop insulting her^^

i love Fran!!! everything about her is so cool!!! all the viera are cool!!!and penelo comes in second!!! i love the cutsey childish one in all games!!! hehe

3/25/2007 #15
Wakkamoley
Getting herself in trouble? Do you mean gameplay-wise or storywise? My god if you're talking about in the game where she steps on traps or wandering around and get lost during gameplay then you're nonsense, since those things happened because of the computer, and it's not even her fault. And if you're talking about storywise, I think that she only got in trouble once and that's when she got captured in Leviathan and the party rescued her, it's typical princess-rescue kind of thing, and I don't think the game would be interesting without it. Plus she was mean to Basch BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT HE KILLED HER FATHER, WHICH HE DIDN'T BECAUSE HE GOT FRAMED
3/25/2007 #16
Sita 900
I honestly cannot understand how anyone can dislike Ashe-- or any character in XII-- at all. None have extreme personalities. They're all fairly normal people. If someone said they didn't like Rinoa I'd understand because she's at one end of the spectrum. But Ashe + the other XII cast are all in the middle like real people.

So big whoop, she slapped someone. If I met the guy who supposedly murdered my dad, I'd do a lot more than slap him. I'd cut off his fingers one at a time and feed them to him. Does that make me a bitch? I'm sure everyone here has hated someone enough to slap them. And if you say you haven't, then you're lying or you're 12 years old (not that all 12 year olds are like this) and not familiar with the real world yet.

And so what, when you met her you had to rescue her? We had to rescue Tifa from the Don, Aeris from death (and failed), Rinoa from those statue monster things, Rosa from Kain and Golbez.... the list goes on and on. IT IS THE CLASSIC FAIRY TALE. YOU RESCUE THE MAIDEN. Think about 90% of movies you watch. The girl ALWAYS watches her lover get attacked, while she just stands back and screams.Very sexist, sure, but that's the way stories like Final Fantasy work. As far as I'm concerned, Ashe is the most NON rescued FF main female.

As to the notion where people dislike her because she sighs all the time... If you haven't played FF X, play it now. Every chance the characters get, they sigh or gasp or make some kind of noise. They do this because they are computer program images and CANNOT show REAL facial expressions. They sigh because sometimes, you can't tell what expression they are making, so sighing/gasping/whatever helps show their emotion.

And finally, to the idea that people dislike Ashe because she goes against Larsa's ideas and is revenge/power hungry. omg, that makes her such a real character. People aren't perfect. They want revenge and power. Why do you think people complain about their bosses at work being such assholes? Because they have POWER over their employees, and that little bit of power effects most people (not all, of course).

Ashe is my favorite female in this game because she is the most REAL. But, because of her lack of development (like all the characters), she is not my favorite in the series. That spot is still- and probably will always be- held by Tifa.

Thank you and goodnight. :)

3/27/2007 #17
Sita 900
I honestly cannot understand how anyone can dislike Ashe-- or any character in XII-- at all. None have extreme personalities. They're all fairly normal people. If someone said they didn't like Rinoa I'd understand because she's at one end of the spectrum. But Ashe + the other XII cast are all in the middle like real people.

So big whoop, she slapped someone. If I met the guy who supposedly murdered my dad, I'd do a lot more than slap him. I'd cut off his fingers one at a time and feed them to him. Does that make me a bitch? I'm sure everyone here has hated someone enough to slap them. And if you say you haven't, then you're lying or you're 12 years old (not that all 12 year olds are like this) and not familiar with the real world yet.

And so what, when you met her you had to rescue her? We had to rescue Tifa from the Don, Aeris from death (and failed), Rinoa from those statue monster things, Rosa from Kain and Golbez.... the list goes on and on. IT IS THE CLASSIC FAIRY TALE. YOU RESCUE THE MAIDEN. Think about 90% of movies you watch. The girl ALWAYS watches her lover get attacked, while she just stands back and screams.Very sexist, sure, but that's the way stories like Final Fantasy work. As far as I'm concerned, Ashe is the most NON rescued FF main female.

As to the notion where people dislike her because she sighs all the time... If you haven't played FF X, play it now. Every chance the characters get, they sigh or gasp or make some kind of noise. They do this because they are computer program images and CANNOT show REAL facial expressions. They sigh because sometimes, you can't tell what expression they are making, so sighing/gasping/whatever helps show their emotion.

And finally, to the idea that people dislike Ashe because she goes against Larsa's ideas and is revenge/power hungry. omg, that makes her such a real character. People aren't perfect. They want revenge and power. Why do you think people complain about their bosses at work being such assholes? Because they have POWER over their employees, and that little bit of power effects most people (not all, of course).

Ashe is my favorite female in this game because she is the most REAL. But, because of her lack of development (like all the characters), she is not my favorite in the series. That spot is still- and probably will always be- held by Tifa.

Thank you and goodnight. :)

3/27/2007 #18
Wakkamoley
SITA! You go girl! That's what I'm talking about, that ought to teach these haters ^_^
3/27/2007 #19
FREAKSHOW1
Amen!
3/27/2007 #20
Lord 0f Storms
woah, woah, sorry Sita!! i didn't realise it'd cause so much offense!! she was my least favourite character, okay??

i wasn't really thinkin when i put that thing about her being mean, cuz i'd forgotten that her family had been killed. i never actually mentioned anything about her sighing, or Larsa, i was just having trouble with a boss just after i rescued her so i got a little annoyed. turned out i managed to kill the boss with Ashe but there you go.

next time i'll think before i insult her, k? anyway, i guess shes not so bad, just not the best either. i've finished my hate trip on Ashe. i might as well be converted^^

3/28/2007 #21
Sita 900
to little miss cuteness:

Hahaha I'm sorry, I should have been more direct--- that post wasn't intended for you, hun, it was intended for everyone. :-P

I mean, you can like her the least out of all the characters, that makes sense. I just don't see how anyone can hate her. XD

3/28/2007 #22
Lord 0f Storms
hehe, thats a relief!! i don't like offending people^^

yeh, i don't hate her. in fact, i went on this other forum, and the more nasty stuff i read about Ashe, the more i wanna defend her ^_^

its a pretty tight choice anyway, cuz theres only like, 3 main girls!! why the heck is there always loads of boys and not many girls???

3/29/2007 #23
FREAKSHOW1
Racism.
3/29/2007 #24
Wakkamoley
don't you mean sexism?
3/29/2007 #25
FREAKSHOW1
No.
3/30/2007 #26
Lord 0f Storms
what are yu tryin to say???

are you tryin to start a fight with a forum full of crazy girls??? bad move...hehehehe...

4/1/2007 #27
FREAKSHOW1
That was my failed attempt at humor. Feel free to stone me.
4/1/2007 #28
Wakkamoley
That's okay, we all must've been unfunny at some point in our life when we tried to, so you're okay ^_^
4/1/2007 #29
Lord 0f Storms
we won't stone you...yet. hehe^^ girls aren't so violent for no reason...^_^
4/3/2007 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: a certain slant of light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member