Movie Categories
Based on frequency and volume of postings, what movies ought to have their own categories?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Tourmaline Shine

I'm assuming it's alright I can post a new topic here, since it appears to be open for other people to do so and not just the owner/moderator. :P At any rate, this thread is discussion for movies that one wishes people would write about.

Nearly everything I want to read fanfiction for either hasn't been written, or has only had few precious things written for it. These are just a few of the movies I'd like to see someone write for or write more of, and that I'm at least attempting to write myself.

Bringing Up Baby - The ultimate screwball comedy from 1938 that starred Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. I've read a few stories for this one. One was a one-shot here (it's in my community Retro Cinema) and the others on Archive of Our Own. All very nice. It brings a smile to my face to imagine all the further adventures that Susan and David could/would get into.

French Kiss - An underrated, lovely 1995 romantic comedy starring Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. I've found only two stories for this one.

One Fine Day - 1996 George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer romantic comedy, another underrated piece of sweetness.

Merrily We Live - Another screwball comedy from 1938, this one starring Brian Aherne and Constance Bennett. The latter's mother, portrayed by Billie Burke (Glinda the Good Witch of The Wizard of Oz) really steals the show, being sweet but scatterbrained. Yes, I have my ideas for this one alright. I just wish more people saw the movie and would get inspired too. It comes on the Turner Classic Movies channel from time to time (I own a DVD, but I'm afraid it might be a "bootleg" copy or something like that, as it's not an official release from the studio as I found out).

10/14/2012 . Edited 7/13/2013 #1
AmaraWinterFrost

I just really wish that when you made a crossover they would let you put down more than one movie. For example, say you wrote a story about Brave, Frozen, How To Train Your Dragon, abd Rise of the Guardians. How do you decide which categories to put it under? Perhaps it would be nice if you could do all 4! If someone search a crossover between Frozen and Brave it would pop up, and if the searched for crossovers of Brave and HTTYD it would also pop up. Problem solved!

12/6/2014 #2
CalvinHobbesGatsby

Natural born killers

12/29/2017 #3
Forum Moderators: Captain L
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member