TV Show Categories
Based on frequency and volume of postings, which TV shows ought to have their own categories?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
randomcards227

it should have its own catagorey cause about thousands on fanfic write about them

8/1/2009 #1
Wesfanemt333

I don't think the admins will, simply because their names on the show are too similar to their real names.

8/2/2009 #2
Britney Louise

I was really suprised when I saw they didn't have that as a catagory. Is there someway we can email the person that runs the stie to get a JONAS catagory?

1/26/2010 #3
im.a.smut

Miley's show is similar to her real name and in fact, Hannah Montana is not just a character on a show. Miley brought Hannah to life when she started touring. But FF still made a category for it.

So why not JONAS?

The only people on the show who kept their real FIRST names are Kevin, Nick, Joe and Frankie and just like Hannah Montana they didn't used their real last names. Miley Stewart (actual last name is Cyrus). Kevin, Nick, Joe and Frankie Lucas (actual last names are Jonas).

Just like Hannah Montana the parents don't even have their REAL names. Robbie Ray Stewart (real name Billy Ray Cyrus) but at least on JONAS the parents names are NOTHING similar to their real parents names; Tom & Sandy Lucas (real parents name Kevin Paul Jonas Sr and Denise Marie Jonas)

Just like Hannah Montana the other character on the show aren't using their REAL names.

On Jonas, we have Stella Malone (Chelsea Staub), Macy Misa (Nicole Anderson), VanDyke (Chuck Hittinger), Sandy Lucas (Rebecca Creskoff), Tom Lucas (John Ducey), The Big Man (Robert Feggans aka Big Rob).

On Hannah Montana, we have Lilly Truscott (Emily Osment), Jackson Stewart (Jason Earles), Oliver Oken (Mitchel Musso), Rico (Moises Arias), Jake Ryan (Cody Linley). Plus some of the characters on Hannah Montana have alias just like Miley/Hannah, Lilly/Lola, Oliver/Mike.

Hannah/Miley background is the same as hers in real life. Hannah/Miley is from Crowley Corner, TN. Miley Cyrus, Franklin, TN

JONAS (Lucas Brothers) are from New Jersey (they don't say what part on the show). The Jonas Brothers were born in diiferent states (Kevin: Teaneck, New Jersey - Joe: Casa Grande, Arizona - Nick: Dallas, Texas - Frankie: Wycoff, New Jersey) We all know they were ralsed in Wycoff, New Jersey and I think a little in Texas.

What's so different about Hannah Montana and JONAS?

Not a thing!

1/31/2010 . Edited 1/31/2010 #4
im.a.smut

@Britney Louise you can send an email here

New Categories/Characters (categories[AT]fanfiction[DOT]com) - Use this email to send category/character requests. For a new sub-category, please note which main category it belongs to: anime, tv shows, movies, etc. To submit new characters for a category, please use the naming standard used by the site. The site will only display the part of the character name used most often within the show and abbreviate the rest. For example, if a fictional show called 'Star and Suns' has a character named 'Jane Doe' and the character is always referred to as only 'Jane', then submit the character as 'Jane D.'. Note the part of the name not often used, in this case the last name, is abbreviated. You can submit a character list along with your new category request.

1/31/2010 . Edited 1/31/2010 #5
im.a.smut

I sent a message to the site and this is the response I got!

Sorry, no can do. Because characters on the show all play themselves with their real names. We can not allow this per the site rules

--

Please help us spread the word.

Regards, Zack

FanFiction.Net Support

Sorry I tried

2/4/2010 . Edited 2/4/2010 #6
Britney Louise

I emailed them too and got that exact same response.

"Sorry, no can do. Because characters on the show all play themselves with their real names. We can not allow this per the site rules."

And then I sent another one back saying:

"Yes, but in real life their last names are Jonas, while in the show their last name is Lucas. And in Hannah Montana Miley Cyrus uses her real first name, but not her last name."

2/5/2010 #7
im.a.smut
I'm just going to send another message saying to make a JONAS section, but instead of added Joe, Nick, Kevin and Frankie. Just make the filters for Macy, Stella, Sandy, Tom and others. Its better than no JONAS section at all.
2/8/2010 . Edited 2/8/2010 #8
sherlocked71976

i just sent them an e-mail. i think is ridiculous that they won't let there be a JONAS category when they let there be ones with only one story that was posted in like 2004 and never read or replied to.

7/15/2010 #9
sherlocked71976

i just counted how many stories on the first page were JONAS. 12/25. just under half of them. it needs its own category.

7/15/2010 #10
im.a.smut

I still don't understand why JONAS/LA can't have their own section but Drake & Josh and Big Time Rush can?

Drake & Josh Show/Real Names:

Drake Parker - Drake Bell

Josh Nichols - Josh Peck

BTR Show/Real Names:

Kendall Knight - Kendall Schmidt

James Diamond - James Maslow

Carlos Garcia - Carlos Pena, Jr.

Logan Mitchell - Logan Henderson

JONAS/LA Show/Real Names:

Nick Lucas - Nick Jonas

Joe Lucas- Joe Jonas

Kevin Lucas - Kevin Jonas

8/14/2010 . Edited 8/14/2010 #11
im.a.smut

Get JONAS/LA Its Own Section On FanFiction.Net

8/15/2010 #12
im.a.smut

Petition to Get JONAS/JONAS LA Its Own Section!

Get JONAS/LA It's Own Section On FanFiction.Net

This is a petition to get JONAS/LA their own category on FanFiction.Net! The Administrators of FF.Net have said they can't add a section for JONAS/LA due to the actors using their real names and playing themselves. Yet they let 'Big Time Rush' have their own section, when indeed they are playing themsleves and using their real names just like JONAS/LA. Which in fact both shows are only using the real first names and playing themselves in exaggeration. So if you would like for JONAS/LA to have their own category in the TV Show sections! Please sign and retweet and this petitions for others to sign as well. Thank you!

8/29/2010 #13
Forum Moderators: Captain L
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member