Yami no Matsuei for 18
A place for Yami no Matsuei fans who are 18 and older to talk almost anything YnM.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Shmeakenstein
Yeah.. the subject basically says it all. I'm new here and I'm kinda.. DUMB in the rating department of fanfiction. Can someone PRETTY PRETTY please tell me what all the thingy majiggers mean?! I clicked on one that said "Yaoi" and I thought I was gonna scream and die. Maybe roll around the floor for a while to get the IMAGES out of my HEAD. It was like.. UHHHx10034902138592864 xD Please, someone help me out!!!!
5/31/2006 #1
shonen-aigoddess
^^ welcome! here are some of the basics Yaoi: Graphic sex between two male characters, with deep and often dark plot lines. rating is usually mature. Shonen-ai: translated as "Boys love" Soft, often angsty romance between two male charaters, usually contains non graphic suggestions, or talk. no higher than pg16. Fluff: cute, light shonen-ai, everything is happy. usually rated no higher than pg13 PWP: Or Plot?! What plot?! Usually goes along with yaoi, and the only point is sex. Lemon: A cross between Yaoi and PWP. and some other words you might want to watch out for. NCS: non consensual sex, in other words, r***. Slash: non anime related yaoi H***: translates into "perverted" which explains it's self. I've learned most of these by trial and error. ^^; if i've forgotten any, someone else feel free. and since nc17 isn't allowed here i figured i'd stay away from those words. hope this helped.
6/2/2006 #2
coco melancholy
They have some long page on Noire Sensus describing all the different terms and stuff, though shonen-aigoddess pretty much cleared up most of them.
7/19/2006 #3
absent writer
The terms can be hard to get, even the shipping. People should probably read the lists on this forum before they read fanfics so they know what they're getting into. But don't judge a story by the warnings, some people completely misuse them or have different standards. Also, the counterpart for yaoi is yuri (m/m vs. f/f also terms). You're not likely to run into this term on YnM though, just in case you look at other animes. Also, you should know on other sites like adultfanfiction.net they have a whole other vocabulary that uh...describes exactly what happens in the fic. Those are self-explanatory.
6/15/2007 #4
TerraAftershock
Ouch! Poor you. Some of these yaoi fics can be... well... you know [b]now[/b]. Anyway, there really should be a dictionary of fic terms on this site, if there isn't one already. Does anyone know?
8/6/2007 #5
TURP

i heard of fluff but had no clue what it was but i know yaoi, yuri, shonen/shojou ai (girl with a girl or boy with a boy) as shonen means young guy and the other is young girl. but thank you for explaining fluff.

10/3/2010 #6
XxMatt.MelloxX

There is yuri. Which is yaoi, but between two females. Please don't ask how I know. But, you're forum was helpful. Thanks!!

~ Mello and Matt ~

10/24/2011 #7
AonaFayte

I'm not sure if this is a real one but I heard there was one called "Grapefruit" you take of the "G' in "Grape" and thats basically what it means.

and I know Yuri is one like yaoi but with girls.

2/23/2013 #8
TheDevilsKitten
Hahaha yeah if yaoi isn't your thing then stay away xD but basically here's what these words mean.... Yaoi= m/m (male on male, boys love, etc.) interaction and is usually nc-17, or rated M on the ff site. Yuri= same thing as yaoi just with two girls. H***= m/f (male-female) nc-17 interaction. Shota (shotacon)= underage yaoi. Loli (lolicon)= underage yuri or h***. Shounen ai= cute and romantic boys love that doesn't go above a K or T rating. Fluff= same thing as shounen ai. Lemon= an M rated scene with some kind of plot. PWP=absolutely no plot, just the hot stuff. lol. That's all I can think of at the moment, sorry _ but I think anyone who posts something yaoi, yuri, or h*** related should put up a warning as to what they are. I remember when I first discovered yaoi in 4th grade and my face was like O.O oh god now I'm obsessed with it. Anyway hope I helped somehow!
8/17/2013 #9
afdaae9g
Yikes.I ran into a bad slash that was also a lemon.It had a lot of,you know.
6/6/2014 #10
24otakuXfangirl24

Yaoi is just Boys' love. Not all yaoi is explicit. Just always check the rating.

Fluff is just romantic nonsense. Most fluff is rated K-T or something like that, so there's not really a problem. But as I said before always check the ratings.

Yuri is explicit lesbian relationships.

PWP means Plot what Plot? It usually goes along with yaoi. It also could mean graphic sexual scenes.

OOC means "Out of character".

OOT means "Out of timeline"

Slash is a pairing if characters. Example: Eren/Levi

That's all I know! Be careful because I have encountered (read or whatever XD) fanfics that have been rated incorrectly. :)

6/21/2014 #11
Angelo Della Magnolia

If you search Fanfiction terms on google , then click on the wikipedia link theres a whole list with explanations ;D

6/26/2014 #12
mari.berendei
Thanks now yaoi looks the worst of all but i learned that myself, thx any way!
7/25/2014 #13
Forum Moderators: shonen-aigoddess
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member