Across the Bridge
Welcome to the first and original Bridge to Terabithia forum! Talk about the book and film, the characters and author, anything you can think of!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
hopelessromantic121

More specifically, every time I watch Bridge to Terabithia, I start crying when her father says the words, "She loved you, you know" and I stop about when Jess punches Hoger. And then, I cry again when they start singing in the song. When I'm reading, it's when he goes to their house and the father hugs Jess, and he makes some blase comment, outlining his denial. And finally, I always cry when he builds the bridge with May Belle, even though in the movie she's not as endearing. Oh, and when he chucks the paints in the river, to try and forget about Leslie.

At what parts did anyone else tear up?

2/1/2011 #1
Chewiecotton

The first time I saw the movie and knew she was dead

2/11/2011 #2
castielslittleassbutt

no ones been on for a while, huh...

well, anyway, ill just write my thoughts

when i first watched the movie, i was 9, so i didn't really understand what was exactly goin on.

but when i saw it again and again, i was like Wait...she's gone?

that's when i got sad whenever i watched it, especially when he invited the sister to terabethia. i dont cry at movies, but i defentily felt a well of sadness creep up on me...

so there ya go. peace.

6/30/2012 #3
Duplex8
I almost but when I remember now i always cry and I hardly cry
2/27/2013 #4
L'Amour veritable

I cried loads it was awful when she died

6/12/2013 #5
BlackLyokoWarrior

Yes when I first saw it when I was twelve when Leslie died and even now at sixteen

6/21/2014 #6
SonicShane97
whenever i first watched the film at 11 i was really confused more than upset.
7/12/2014 #7
Forum Moderators: NarnianMelody
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member