Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
AbCarter

Can you have more than one account in one e-mail address?

I don't think so. You log in using your e-mail address so that should be unique.

9/30/2010 #61
Wildcard999

Sadness: in Find story she put the name of her favorite Character, the same one that she have in her story, all the story appears in the page, except her story.

Oops, I didn't read that part. The search story function only searches the titles and summaries, not the story content or catagories (including genre and main characters). If you want to search by main character, search stories in your fandom, then select a main character in one of the boxes on the right hand side of the display.

Sorry, I misunderstood the question originally.

10/1/2010 #62
Sora Livana

How do I add a line break to my profile? I used to be able to, then I took a break from writing fanfiction and re-vamped my profile page and now whenever I add a linebreak and save it vanishes :/

11/20/2010 #63
TheLittleCreationist

How can I remove multiple stories off my alert/ favorite list at a time?

Thanks in advance.

12/15/2010 #64
Kitsune no Tora

Unfortunately, you can't. You have to remove each one individually.

12/15/2010 #65
FireBornInsanity

Everytime I send a PM, it 'disables' in my account settings. It's getting very annoying. How can I get it to stop?

12/20/2010 #66
Tifa Jubilation

That happened to me a while ago, but then the mods fixed it, so I'm not sure XD

Question: Is it okay to have several accounts? each with their own e-mail adress?

12/28/2010 #67
TheLittleCreationist

Thanks! Sorry it took me so long.

12/28/2010 #68
Kitsune no Tora

Question: Is it okay to have several accounts? each with their own e-mail adress?

Lots of people do it, and there's no rule that says you can't.

12/28/2010 #69
Lady Kiko-chan

Thank you Kitsune no Tora :D

12/29/2010 #70
Kitsune no Tora

Ah, you're welcome. ^^

12/29/2010 #71
FireBornInsanity

Yeah, it fixed for me too!

1/15/2011 #72
Tsuki-chan xo

This might seem like a stupid question, but how many stories does the site allow you to have on your 'Favorite Authors' list? Is there a maximum or can you add indefinitely?

1/30/2011 #73
AbCarter

Not sure. I think there used to be a maximum of fifty. Don't think there is one anymore.

1/30/2011 #74
witheringtoviolet

I had a quick question:

someone I know has added me to their Author Alert list and I was wondering if I were to block this person, would they still be alerted every time I update/publish a story?

Or is there any other way I could get off their Author Alert list? Thank you.

2/7/2011 #75
AbCarter

If you block them, they won't receive any alerts when you update. I'm not sure whether that takes you off their author alert list (i.e. on their profile page members can see from who's on their author alert list. I don't know whether your name will be taken off this list if you block this member from receiving alerts.)

2/7/2011 #76
Lorendiac

witheringtoviolet asked:

I had a quick question:

someone I know has added me to their Author Alert list and I was wondering if I were to block this person, would they still be alerted every time I update/publish a story?

Or is there any other way I could get off their Author Alert list? Thank you.

I'm mildly curious about one point: Why do you even care if you're on a certain person's Author Alert list or not?

I don't even remember the last time I looked at the full list of people who have me on Author Alert, and I'm reasonably certain I've never lost any sleep wondering how to get off someone's Author Alert list after he or she had clicked to add my name to it.

If the person has been giving you a hard time on this site -- posting ugly flames disguised as "reviews" of your stories, for instance -- then blocking that person ought to make your life less stressful in the future. (I'm just guessing -- I don't know if that's your motive at all.)

But if you block the person so you won't have to see PMs or reviews from that source in the future, does it really matter if that person still has you listed under "Author Alert"? There are a bare handful of people I've blocked on this site. I don't know if any of them ever bothered to keep reading my stories afterwards, but if they did, it certainly didn't hurt me any!

2/9/2011 #77
Scribble2Much

Question:

If I add a story to my favourites, will I get an alert when it's updated. I tend to have serial stories I like on alert and favourited and then sometimes I might have the author on alert as well so I am not sure if favourites also generates an update alert.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

3/18/2011 #78
Kitsune no Tora

Favorites do not give you alerts. Only story and author alerts do.

3/18/2011 #79
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Really? I was pretty sure that Fav gave alerts as well :O

3/18/2011 #80
Kitsune no Tora

I've never gotten alerts from stories I've favorited and not put on my alerts...and I've done that on occasion on accident. The only reason I realized they had updated was because I was looking at my reviews page and one of my reviews was tagged orange, which meant they had updated since then. XD

3/18/2011 #81
The Lauderdale

You know, I think it used to (give alerts when a story is favorited), but when I checked under the Alerts tab just now I don't find it listed as an option:

Plus+ Alert

Review Alert

Community Alert +

Author Alert +

Story Alert

Carbon Copy Alert

Forum Topic Alert

Forum Thread Alert

3/20/2011 . Edited 3/20/2011 #82
AbCarter

I think scribble2much wanted to know whether they would get up-date alerts when a story was on their favourites list. You are trying to answer whether an author will get an alert when a reader favourites their story. That's something entirely different.

By the way, this morning I got an message that one of my stories had been favourited by someone. It was a plus+ alert (why the symbol after the name?). So, yes, the author will get an alert when someone favourites their story.

As to Scribble's question: no, putting a story on your favourites' list doesn't automatically mean you will get up-date alerts for that story. You have to select "story alert" or "Author alert" to get alerts when a story is up-dated.

3/20/2011 #83
ILoveOreoAndCheese

Hey, I can't upload my new stories nor update my stories. Whenever I did, I would always said "error processing request". It's been more that 5 days already. How can I cope up with that? Thanks. :D

3/22/2011 #84
Kitsune no Tora

The error is only affecting the larger fandoms, it seems the smaller sections are doing fine. There is a work-around to post a new chapter, but not a viable one to post a new story.

The only things you need for the work-around is the story ID to the story you wish to update and this link:

http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story_edit_content.php?storyid=[yourstoryID]

of course, omitting [yourstoryID] and replacing it with the correct story ID. You can find your story's ID number in the error message you get when trying to update it.

3/22/2011 #85
cathrl

Hey, I can't upload my new stories nor update my stories. Whenever I did, I would always said "error processing request". It's been more that 5 days already. How can I cope up with that?

I can't fix the problem, but how can you cope with it? Just do something else for a while. There are tens of thousands of stories on here whose writers would dearly love someone to spend time reading and reviewing them.

3/22/2011 #86
Maqeurious

I could literally kiss you! I've been having this problem for days now and never knew why until I by chance, came across this post. Thank you thank you!

3/22/2011 #87
Kitsune no Tora

Yeah, its been affecting the site for a while now. *has been inundated with floods of posts on a different forum regarding the issue*

3/22/2011 #88
ILoveOreoAndCheese

Thank you! Then I'll just wait patiently until its fixed. :) I hope its soon. :D

3/23/2011 #89
Corinne Tate

You might try this; it worked for me.

So, I couldn't do it the way it was suggested either, because I can't access any of my stories to edit.

But I found a way around it!

Click into your story to edit, and in the URL at the top, erase the word "property" (see it in there, after "story_edit"?) and then type in "content." Hit enter. I hope this works for you!

3/23/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys Ragnelle, LMRaven, Maryilee, cathrl
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member