Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Velkyn
Having trouble writing the perfect summary for your story? Here are three pieces of advice that just crossed my desk:

1. Be concise. Shorter is better. (For the over-achiever: try fifteen words or less!) Start with a long, relaxed description, then start clipping words from it -- adjectives, adverbs, descriptive phrases. You should end up with something that will fit nicely into your story's summary 'slot'. NEVER start your summary with 'This story is about'.

2. Check out the New York Times Bestseller List. (Google it.) Select a category, and read the one-line book summaries. That's what you're aiming for. Remember, writing effective summaries is an art form -- don't be surprised if it takes you weeks, months, or years to become truly proficient.

3. Practice with already-published works. Take your favourite author's latest book (or director's latest film) and try to distil the plot down to a single phrase.

Some examples:

1. After crashing his car in the middle of nowhere, a famous romance writer is rescued by his 'biggest fan'.

2. A former assassin regains consciousness after having been shot in the head, and seeks revenge on her would-be killers.

3. An innocent hobbit embarks on a long, dangerous journey to a dark and distant land in order to destroy a powerful ring and save all of Middle-Earth.

4. A young girl rashly wishes for her baby brother to be taken away by goblins; now, she must rescue the child from the clutches of the Goblin King.

5. The boy with the lightning-bolt scar on his forehead is whisked away to a very special school, where he learns more than he ever thought possible about magic, Quidditch, and his strange destiny.

I hope yours end up sounding more exciting -- and more recognisable -- than the ones I've written here. Feel free to add your own attempts to this thread.

Ganbatte kudasai!

/vel

5/31/2007 . Edited by Rhea Silverkeys, 7/16/2007 #1
Space Fairie
like extended movie taglines...
5/31/2007 #2
AbCarter
I thought yours were very recognizable:

1. Misery by Stephen King

2. Kill Bill by Quentin Tarentino

3. Labyrinth

4. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

5. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

So recognizable that if anyone would use those summaries for their fic I wouldn't read it because the story had already been done.

5/31/2007 #3
Rhea Silverkeys
I think a good tactic is making your summaries have an air of mystery about them, too, if possible - they suck the potential reader in because they want to find out more, just from the summary itself.

Draco Malfoy is visited by Hermione Granger in the middle of the night. But how is this possible? She's been dead for two months now... NOT a ghost story. DHr.

Immediately you want to know why she died, and how Draco is getting visited by her.

Sometimes quotes will do, as well:

By Merlin, I wasn't supposed to fall in love today...

This one got me in quite nicely, too, nice and fun:

“Heir of Slytherin! Seriously evil wizard coming through!” “Yeah, he’s off to the Chamber of Secrets for a cup of tea with his fanged servant!” Watch as Harry is stalked by Fred and George, film makers Extraordinaire. A whole new version of Harry Hunting.

6/1/2007 #4
Velkyn
So recognizable that if anyone would use those summaries for their fic I wouldn't read it because the story had already been done.

Heh. Well, one HOPES no one would use those summaries, especially as 1) they're not very gripping and 2) they're only examples. 'Course, if this were 1950, you'd never have heard of any of these, and you might be a good deal more inclined to investigate them. [grin]

Actually, you've reminded me of a rather amusing 'rewrite' I saw very recently. Let me see if I can reproduce it:

------------------

THE ORIGINAL:

------------------

Star Wars A New Hope: Synopsis

Luke Skywalker is an orphan living with his uncle and aunt in the remote wilderness of Tatooine. He is rescued from aliens by wise, bearded Ben Kenobi, who turns out to be a Jedi Knight.

Ben reveals to Luke that Luke's father was also a Jedi Knight, and was the best pilot he had ever seen. Luke is also instructed in how to use the Jedi lightsabre as he too trains to become a Jedi.

Luke has many adventures in the galaxy and makes new friends such as Han Solo and Princess Leia. In the course of these adventures, he distinguishes himself as a top X-wing pilot in the battle of the Death Star, making the direct hit that secures the Rebel victory against the forces of the evil Empire.

Luke also sees off the threat of Darth Vader, who we know murdered his uncle and aunt.

In the finale, Luke and his new friends receive medals of valour.

All this will be set to an orchestral score composed by John Williams.

-----------------

THE REWRITE:

-----------------

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Synopsis

Harry Potter is an orphan living with his uncle and aunt in the remote wilderness of Suburbia. He is rescued from muggles by wise, bearded Hagrid, who turns out to be a wizard.

Hagrid reveals to Harry that Harry's father was also a wizard, and was the best Quidditch player he had ever seen. Harry is also instructed in how to use a magic wand as he too trains to become a wizard.

Harry has many adventures in Hogwarts and makes new friends such as Ron and Hermione. In the course of these adventures, he distinguishes himself as a top Quidditch Seeker in the Quidditch match, making the catch that secures the Gryffindor victory against the forces of the evil Slytherin.

Harry also sees off the threat of Lord Voldemort, who we know murdered his parents.

In the finale, Harry and his new friends win the House Cup.

All this will be set to an orchestral score composed by John Williams.

6/1/2007 . Edited 6/1/2007 #5
Rhea Silverkeys
Lol. I don't know the Star Wars trilogy (never felt very inclined to watch it, not my kind of sci-fi) but that comparison's interesting =P
6/1/2007 #6
Space Fairie
lol they do the same thing with movie posters. think of the empire strikes back poster, now think of how many posters you've seen with the same sort of poseing and general motif?

In Hollywood they go with what's worked before.

6/1/2007 #7
Walks with Scissors
I think there is such thing as making something too concise. Let's take a look at one of Velkyn's examples:

"After crashing his car in the middle of nowhere, a famous romance writer is rescued by his 'biggest fan.'"

Holy crap does that sound like a bore!

Distilling your plot down to a short description isn't enough, you also need to give the reader some reason to actually be interested in it. It's been proven pretty well in the past that someone who has no investment or interest in what you have written is going to still read a minimum of forty words. It has nothing to do with whether it's interesting or not, it's how the human mind works. As long as there isn't something that inhibits the ability to take in information, like really bad spelling and grammar, the average person isn't going to stop reading until their mind has collected the information to form a complete thought... and that is somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-45 words.

6/6/2007 #8
A Bee Cee
Hey, I'm new to the forum (not exactly, I've been checking it for quite a long time, but only started to post now). And I would like to know what you guys think of my summaries, if that's alright with you. :)

Well, there we go:

Aus Den Ruinen [King Arthur]

A Sarmatian knight that sees pleasure in killing and the blood of his enemies. And a Saxon barbarian woman that had enough of both for herself.

All I Need [Titanic]

Catherine Hockley tries to escape from her world by staying up when everyone sleeps. She keeps the routine when she goes aboard the Titanic, but she finds out she is not the only one to stay up all night anymore.

Goodbye My Love [300 - One Shot]

Stelios says goodbye to his young love before going to the Battle of Thermopylae.

The Unforgiven [300]

Through constant pain and disgrace, the young boy learned their rules. Stelios' story from his Agoge to his death in the Battle of Thermopylae. Sequel to Goodbye My Love.

[x]

In "The Unforgiven", since all my stories are named after songs, I used the first line from the song. I thought it would fit well. And that's an advice I give for those that struggle with summaries: if you name your fic after a song (many people do that, I've just notice), put a line from the song in the summary if you can't think of the proper words. It might help. :)

6/8/2007 #9
Rhea Silverkeys
Welcome to the forum, Anne! Glad to see you posting =)

I've never been a big fan of songfics, really...I rarely ever see any good ones.

I like your summaries for all the 300 movies, they're short, to the point and sound interesting. The Titanic one sounds like it'll end up a love story...or maybe because it's Titanic, hmm. The King Arthur one (I don't know the fandom and therefore don't know if you were talking about OCs or canon characters in your summary) doesn't tell me anything about what kind of story you're writing, in my opinion. Probably because I don't know the significance of being Sarmatian and Saxon, so my opinion for that summary probably doesn't count.

6/8/2007 #10
A Bee Cee
Thank you, Rhea. :)

Well, they're not song fics at all (I actually hate song fics), I just name them after songs because that's where I get my inspiration from. Usually there's this particular song that I keep playing (among many others) while writing the fic, so that's why I use them. :)

About the Titanic one, yes, it's a love story. All of them are, to be honest with you. The only exceptions are The Unforgiven, where the love actually will come waaaaay in the middle of the story, because I'll be focused on other things. And Aus Den Ruinen, where the love took ten chapters to come, because I was also focused on other things. All I Need was supposed to be chessy love from the beginning, I wasn't used to that, it was a "writing experience" I decided to take. :) Apparently it worked, people liked. Oh well. lol

About the King Arthur one. Well, I don't like using the very canon-characters (the main characters), you can notice that by the 300 ones, I use Stelios, a fair secondary character. In Aus Den Ruinen I use Tristan, even though he gets lots of attention in the fandom (at least I think he does), he's also a fairly secondary character. He's one of Arthur's knights (they were all Sarmatians, in a quick explanation) and probably the most riddled and interesting one because he's simply a silent scout. He caught my attention and I decided to write about him... I was going directly to a story I had in mind since the first time I saw the commented version of the movie, but since we have so little of him in the movie itself, I thought of giving some insight in him first, and that's why I wrote Aus Den Ruinen, that tells a little bit of his story throughout the movie course. And the story of an OC I wanted to add in the first place... I was actually only going to add her in the sequel, but why not give the character a little background first. :) And she's a Saxon, basically the Saxons were invading the Roman Empire and the Samatians knights, that actually were free from their duty to the Roman Empire, ended up being part of the war because they were loyal to Arthur, on a very - VERY - short summary. lol.

Anyway, I think I've prolonged myself. lol. Thanks again! :)

6/9/2007 #11
Rhea Silverkeys
Hmm, okay. I've got 99 hits on this story, 1 favourite and no reviews. It's a oneshot, and I can't get why it's doing badly...so, I figured, maybe it's the summary? So, how is this summary:

Voldemort, fearsome Dark Lord, demands respect even when referred to as You Know Who. So when Fred and George Weasley created U No Poo, they got themselves onto the top of Voldemort’s wanted list. Well, near the top, anyway. Oneshot.

6/25/2007 #12
AbCarter
Uhm, yeah. Summary makes me think it is an introspection of Voldemort just grumbling over a cup of coffee that he doesn't get any respect anymore and then taking out his little black book to make a note. Personally I don't care much for introspection. I want action. And if lacking that I want someone planning action (or in this case: Voldemort plotting his revenge).

So if it's an introspection piece, it's a good summary. If he's plotting revenge, the summary needs some work.

6/26/2007 #13
Rhea Silverkeys
o.O

Seriously? Gosh, can't believe I misled it so much.

It's an action piece. And it stars the twins.

*headdesk*

Gah. I'll change the summary, make it sound more action-y. And it's disappeared off the 'Just In' page already, hooray. Now no one will read the new summary unless they go to my profile +_+

Thanks so much for the feedback, AbCarter! Alright, does this one sound more action-y?

When Death Eaters attack Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, the twins refuse to go down without a fight. And because it's their shop, you can be sure that they'll create the most havoc in their own unique way...

6/26/2007 . Edited 6/26/2007 #14
AbCarter
Oh yes, definitly. Twins plotting revenge, that can't be anything but action.
6/26/2007 #15
Rhea Silverkeys
Thanks for the feedback =P too bad I didn't come up with it when the story was posted, lol. Oh well.
6/27/2007 #16
Maryilee
I just changed one of my summaries based on advice in this thread. I hated the one I had before, it sounded so boring and cliche. Instead of a summary, I just used an excerpt from the fic. It's too early to see if it will increase readers, but even if it doesn't, I like it better. :-)
6/27/2007 #17
Rhea Silverkeys
I've got another summary I'd like opinions on. Harry Potter universe:

It’s an odd place, you could say. At times it is peaceful, but sometimes it is chaos – that’s when the outside world is interfering. It does that a lot, the outside. Sometimes I’m not sure I want to go there...

Too vague?

7/17/2007 #18
AbCarter
yep.

I have no idea who or what or where or when. All I get from this is: Introspection piece, most likely one shot. I might click it though, if I were in the mood for introspection, to find out who it was about.

7/18/2007 #19
Rian30
Just curious... how did I do with my summaries....

Summary 1

Everybody is invited. Voltaire is keeping his fingers crossed. But, so is Kai! Will Kai succeed in getting Tala to elope with the bride to be or Bryan, who wants this wedding plan to go smooth. Poor Tala, or is it poor Bryan?

Summary 2

A silly argument started over a towel. How will it affect the couple? Will it make any lasting change in their life? Read to find out. TyHill

7/18/2007 #20
Rhea Silverkeys
I have no idea who or what or where or when. All I get from this is: Introspection piece, most likely one shot. I might click it though, if I were in the mood for introspection, to find out who it was about.

Boy, I'm really bad at this, aren't I? It isn't introspection at all, it's rather...er, well, probably a weird idea, but anyway, let me try again (good thing I ran this summary through here first *is relieved*):

Before they're born, this is where the souls of wizarding children are kept. Most are excited to leave, but two best friends aren't sure they want to go. Then one of them runs into trouble, and it doesn't look like he'll see the outside after all...

That's 204 characters...what's the character limit again?

I didn't mention the characters involved because...well, I want to reveal it slowly in the story. But is that attention-grabbing/interesting enough, even without character names?

isthatnecessary, summary 1 is interesting, though the Bryan bit was confusing, because I thought you meant, "Will Tala elope with the bride-to-be or Bryan?" not, "...or will Bryan succeed?" Summary 2 is alright, if I was a fan of TyHill I'd probably read it, though it's not the kind of summary where I go, "Ooh, I have to read it to find out what happens."

7/19/2007 #21
Rian30
isthatnecessary, summary 1 is interesting, though the Bryan bit was confusing, because I thought you meant, "Will Tala elope with the bride-to-be or Bryan?" not, "...or will Bryan succeed?" Summary 2 is alright, if I was a fan of TyHill I'd probably read it, though it's not the kind of summary where I go, "Ooh, I have to read it to find out what happens."

Thank you Rhea.

I meeant "will Bryan succeed in getting the wedding plan go smoothly."

I had to shortten it because of word limits but I didn't realise I was making it confusing. I will edit that summary.

Second summary... I should think of something more interesting I guess....Hmm...

7/19/2007 . Edited 7/22/2007 #22
Rhea Silverkeys
No problem. I wonder if you could tell me what you think of the summary I edited in the post above, if you're free?
7/19/2007 #23
Rian30
Before they're born, this is where the souls of wizarding children are kept. Most are excited to leave, but the two best friends aren't sure they want to go. Then one of them runs into trouble, and it doesn't look like he'll see the outside after all...

I think it is better than before. For it gives a better idea of the type of story I will be hitting on.

HMMM..

How does this feel?

This is the abode of the souls of wizards, before they are born. Most are excited to leave, But these two friends aren't that sure of it. One of them has already ran into trouble. Looks like he won't be able to see the outer realm after all...

Or

The souls of wizards dwell here, before they entre our world. Most are excited to leave this realm, but these two friends aren't that sure. One of them has already ran into trouble. Looks like he won't be able to see the outside after all...

We are souls of wizards. It's our home till we are born. Most of us are happy to leave this realm. Not me. I don't want to leave it anymore. Outside world has brought only chaos... But now my friend is in trouble. Do we even have a choice?

See if this type (shorter sentences) suits you. I am not suggesting to replace yours with mine. I find yours just as fine.

Just saying how I would be writing it. Personally I prefer shorter sentences in summaries and keep them crisp.

7/19/2007 . Edited 7/20/2007 #24
Luc Star
Though, I've only written a few stories, I try and make sure I spend a considerable amount of time (anywhere from an hour to a day - sometimes even more if necessary) in writing up a good (what I think is good that is) summary before posting even the first chapter online. I believe that if you are willing to spend a month in writing up one single chapter, asking you to spend from an hour to a day in writing up the perfect summary for your story isn't really asking for much.

Here are summaries I've written for two of my ongoing stories.

Story Title : Six Sharp Claws and a Mister Pointy

Story Category : BTVS Crossover

Story Summary : Two girls. One: Chosen, Slayer. The other: Clone, Mutant. Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes face to face with the most dangerous girl on Earth. The daughter of Wolverine. Weapon X23. The adventure starts right here. BTVSMarvelDC AU. Chapter 11 up. Enjoy!

Story Title : Guardians at the Gates of Hell: New Beginnings

Story Summary : They watch over us when we walk the streets at night. They protect us from evil without us ever realising it. And when we do see them, they inspire us to greatness. They are angels made flesh. They are Heroes. This is their story. Their New Beginnings.

Personally, I liked the summary for Six Sharp Claws more than the summary for the Guardians story.

The summary for Six Sharp Claws is specific and I think covers everything I needed to attract the audience I was reaching for. It introduces the main characters: Buffy and X23. It introduces the universes they both represent and their place therein. It talks about them coming face to face - for what? A fight? An alliance? I deliberately left it vague so as to leave anyone who came across my fic guessing - as well as a little curious - and thus leading him/her to go through my fic so they could find out. And I also state that “the adventure starts right here”. Sounds a little corny - I know but I was hoping it gave the notion that this fic was only the beginning for what could possibly turn into a series - letting everyone know that they should jump on the bandwagon now so as to avoid playing catch-up later on. Lastly, I mentioned “BTVSMarvelDC AU”. Letting the readers know exactly which universes will be involved in this crossover and with the AU at the end that they should expect those universes to be little different from that of their canonical counterparts. The second last sentence mentions the latest chapter that has been added - kind of an optional thing to mention as anyone looking up the story will immediately notice and realise that a new chapter has been posted without me having to tell him/her that. Thinking I should really get rid of that. The last sentence comprising of the one word “Enjoy!” is in my opinion extremely important to my summary. Because beyond anything else, what I want my readers to do is enjoy my story. Once, I used to go with “Read and Review” in the place of “Enjoy”. But then I realised that I remind my readers to review my story at the end of each and every chapter. Is it really necessary for me to ask them to review my story in my summary as well? I don’t think so.

All in all, a summary I’m pretty proud of. And yes, it did take me a little more than a day to come up with this. As time has gone by, I have tweaked it a little here and there. While it’s good - it can only get better. And the better the summary, the more readers I’ll attract.

Now, as for the summary of Guardians at the Gates of Hell: New Beginnings… well, extremely vague would be the best way to describe this summary. Didn’t stop me from thinking it was the coolest summary I had written at the time though. :-P. But honestly - what can you say about the fic by reading the summary? You know that since the story has been placed in the BTVS Crossovers category - Buffy and other related characters will be making an appearance. But which universe(s) is BTVS going to be crossed with? I have given you absolutely not one single clue about that. And thus you find yourself not that inclined to go through the fic - as you don’t know what you’ll be expecting. Vagueness is good - in getting people curious enough to read your fics. Full vagueness on the other hand - definitely not the best way to attract readers. Also, with the start of the Heroes TV Series within the last year, people looking for a Heroes fic might stumble onto Guardians at the Gates of Hell and notice the words “they are Heroes” and mistake it for a story pertaining to the characters appearing in the TV Series - when it doesn’t have anything to do with the characters from that show at all. Really should get down to writing up another summary one of these days. If it wasn’t for the fact that I still think this summary is a hell lot cooler than the summary of Six Sharp Claws…

Oh well, there’s my two cents on what should be included in summaries - and what should be avoided. Hope it helped.

Regards

Star

7/19/2007 #25
Rhea Silverkeys
isthatnecessary, thanks for the suggestions. I like the "The souls of wizards dwell here" bit, I think I'll use that =D I'll work on getting the sentences shorter, too, I think usually people skim through summaries on a page, so yeah, the simpler the better =P
7/19/2007 #26
Rian30

Story Summary : Two girls. One: Chosen, Slayer. The other: Clone, Mutant. Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes face to face with the most dangerous girl on Earth. The daughter of Wolverine. Weapon X23. The adventure starts right here. BTVSMarvelDC AU. Chapter 11 up. Enjoy!

Someone who had been in that fanverse for a long time now.....this summary is OK. I may click on it if I have nothing else to do.

But personaly I would clip it shorter.

Two girls. One: Chosen, Slayer. The other: Mutant-Clone. Buffy comes face to face with the most dangerous girl on Earth. The daughter of Wolverine. Weapon X23. The adventure starts right here. BTVSMarvelDC AU. Chapter 11 up. Enjoy!

First is it a clone which got mutant or a mutant clone? Whose clone is it ? If it is Buffy's then how is she Wolvereen's daughter? This ambiguity may not be that enticing and gives false impression about what the fiction is...I think.

Seondly everybody in that fandom knows who Buffy is.You already mentioned that the chosen slayer is one of the girls. I find it needless to describe Buffy again.

Just my opinion.

I liked second one better. Though I would prefer you name the other series, in it too. You are simply forgetting the fact, that not everybody on ff.net lives in your country and watches the same shows.

It is annoying when I land on a cross over fic by accident, and don't understand about the other characters who are crossing over... So unless I am sure I steer clear of it to start with. I may click on it, if I see the other name and am familier with that series too.

Most successfull crossovers are those where both series have kind of universal appeal and have same kind of universe.

Edit:

I'll work on getting the sentences shorter, too, I think usually people skim through summaries on a page, so yeah, the simpler the better =P

The longer sentences can be catchy too. It all depends on the circumstances.

After an exhibition match in Boston is postponed, the Team has nothing to do for a whole weekend. Kenny suggests Tyson and Kai drive to Salem and take in the sights of the town where witches were not welcomed…

A dailogue excerpt fom the fiction can make a great summary, if it gives the right picture of what is it about.

Like a good piece of action in an action genre, piece of humour in a humour fiction....or as such.

Some of my favourites:

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a prince who was brave, honorable and- okay, so that’s a lie. He’s lazy, obnoxious and to be frank, wants absolutely nothing to do with heroism of any description. Not that he has a say in the matter.….

It's all that hat's fault. Kai's sure of it. What else can it be?

The second one will attract your attention if you are familier with the fandom for hat is trademark of Tyson.

7/19/2007 . Edited by Rhea Silverkeys, 7/20/2007 #27
Rhea Silverkeys
Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a prince who was brave, honorable and- okay, so that’s a lie. He’s lazy, obnoxious and to be frank, wants absolutely nothing to do with heroism of any description. Not that he has a say in the matter.….

I want to read that story, lol. What story is that?

isthatnecessary, just a reminder that double-posting isn't allowed here.

7/20/2007 #28
Rian30
I want to read that story, lol. What story is that?

"Happily Ever After"

It's a humourous fic by Obsidian Obscurity in Beyblade section. Written in a fairly-tales universe. The writer has a great sense of humour. Though I'm not sure you will read it, for story contains shounen ai.

For those who can tolerate a little bit of shounen ai, it's a good read.

isthatnecessary, just a reminder that double-posting isn't allowed here

OOps. Sorry. I will be more cautious next time. I noticed your post a after posting my first response and just hit the reply button to yours too.

We are in different time zones.. This forum changes date at middle of the day time. It's nearly midnight here and technically I am double posting again according to my Time table.. LOL.

Your last post time is "Today, 12:19am"

My this post is showing "Today, 11:03am.", "Edited Jul 20th 2007, 11:21AM"

and you editted my earlier posts into one at" Edited by: Rhea Silverkeys on Jul 20th 2007, 12:17AM"

That means I am editting this post before you editted my last one.... does'nt make any sense ..

It's confusing.

Edit:

You're confussion is understandable, as you are making the wrong assumption. On FFnet 12.17 am is before 11.20 am. It's eleven hours earlier.

I really need to study clocks and time zones.... Argh they always annoy me.

It is 12 o clock where I'm sitting and date is 21 Jul. I am editting my post which I posted yesterday.

I think ff.net time is later than mine.

Anyone knows what "PST " is ? ST is for standard time I get that much... what is P ? then I will know at least what time is standard time for ff.net.

7/20/2007 . Edited 7/21/2007 #29
AbCarter
Your last post time is "Today, 12:19am"

My this post is showing "Today, 11:03am.", "Edited Jul 20th 2007, 11:21AM"

and you editted my earlier posts into one at" Edited by: Rhea Silverkeys on Jul 20th 2007, 12:17AM"

That means Iam editting this post before you editted my last one.... does'nt make anysense

You're confussion is understandable, as you are making the wrong assumption. On FFnet 12.17 am is before 11.20 am. It's eleven hours earlier.

I find it horrible that they are using comments like today and yesterday in post times. I have the feeling they are doing it wrong. I used to just dock nine hours from my time to determine whether I had read a post. I still do that, and I end up reading a lot of post I have read before. I find that annoying.

7/20/2007 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys Monotonehell, Rowena DeVandal, Maryilee, ODST-127, cathrl, AbCarter
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member