Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
death by storm

I've been on the site for nearly three years and go by death by storm. I write and edit my own stories and have never used the services of a beta myself. As of yet, I have also never done any beta work. Through the experiences of proofreading at school, I expect that I will enjoy being a beta. I hope that one of you writers out there will be interested.

Fandoms: Death Note, Harry Potter and Eragon are probably my strongest. Yuugiou was my first fandom, but I have not gone through the manga or all of the original japanese episodes.

Genre: Anything but tragedy. And no Mary Sues! I can't stand them.

Skill set: My strongest skills lie in keeping the characters canon and I have been called a grammar nazi. I will make sure that the sentences flow and that the chapter is laid out in a logical fashion. For Death Note, I know everything there is to know so you can be assured that everything is canonical if that is what you are searching for.

Language: English.

Workload: For now, only one or two people. It takes me about half an hour to read and go through one thousand words until it is edited to my liking. I'll go through whatever has been sent to me several times before being satisfied. I'll do one shots, and longer stories. In September I am restarting university however, and that will cut down on my spare time. Since we get our schedules for exams and such in advance, I will be sure to tell you several weeks in advance when I will not be available.

5/25/2008 #31
Missed Nin

I write and edit my own stories more to practice creative writing than as a tribute to fandom, and I'm doing a degree in English Literature next year. This means although I'm patient, I'm not going to skimp on criticising features of a story and I expect people I'm betaing for to be able to accept fair criticism. I'm not the kind of grammar nazi who's overpedantic about dialogue tags: I'm more likely to tell you to vary the way you describe this character and not to weigh your writing down by spending a page setting a scene.

Over the years, I've beta'd for various people, and I've got something of a set format for doing so: I'll comment in brackets within the text with specific corrections or queries, then write a paragraph or so in review at the end of any sections I feel need it. I like discussing stories and critiques I'm making, and I'll happily look over as many drafts of a chapter as are written.

Fandoms: Anime/manga including Evangelion, Naruto, Death Note,D N Angel, Bleach. Games including Final Fantasy, Half-Life, Kingdom Hearts. Many books, although I'll reject any Harry Potter fanfic that isn't at least somewhat original. Various others; PM me if you write for a fandom no-one else has offered to beta for.

Genre: Any, including slash and yaoi, but nothing that's too implausible or cliched.

Language: English. I can read French, but I don't speak it fluently enough to critique it. I'd be happy to read and maybe even translate french fanfics, but not as An Official Beta.

Workload: currently, I have enough free time to beta chaptered fics and send back drafts within a day.

Edit: I know have pretty much the same information I have here up on my beta-reading profile. The only extra t**-bit there is there is that I can read and write in Latin. This because it is on the list of languages you can claim to be fluent in. -shrugs-

7/15/2008 . Edited 7/18/2008 #32
Kitsune no Tora

Hi! The name's Tsukikari Kitsune.

Fandoms: ...There's a lot of those. Please check my Beta Profile, it's only two clicks away.

Genre: Any genre, but I prefer not to beta fics in the Supernatural genre. It's just not my cup of tea.

Skill set: I'm good at fixing grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors. I can't guarantee I'll be able to fix problems in plots, but I'm good at giving suggestions and advice on how to handle characters becoming out of character.

Restrictions: No yuri, please, but any rating is fine.

Language: English only, please.

Work load: I can handle a pretty large workload, and since I'm on the computer every day I can get back to you fast. On average, a 5,000 word chapter will take me a few hours, depending on the time of day I receive it.

Contact: I use google docs, but I'm also free to do it over email or DocX. Just send me a PM if you desire my services.

7/15/2008 #33
Venomous Woe

Hello there. I'm Venomous Woe, and I'm a new beta seeking work. :3

Fandoms: At the moment, my current fandoms are Metroid, Halo, Metal Gear, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon, Super Smash Brothers, Twilight, and Star Wars. I am a fan of many things though, and I may add new fandoms later.

Genre: Anything except Angst and Western.

Skill set: Plot is my biggest strength, followed by spelling and grammar, followed by imagery.

Language: Can only beta in English. Sorry. :(

Work load: I would prefer to beta only 3 pieces max at a time. They can be any length, however it will take me longer to respond to you with a longer piece. They can be either oneshots or multichaptered pieces, but for the latter I'd rather look at one chapter at a time.

7/16/2008 #34

Fandoms: Titanic, P.S. I Love You, The Notebook, Harry Potter, C. S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Camp Rock, Twilight, X-Men, Phantom of the Opera, Pirates of the Caribbean, Supernatural, and A Great and Terrible Beauty are my largest fandoms. Please keep in mind that I do not only accept work from these fandoms; if your fandom if not here, you can PM me with your fandom. I'm very flexible.

Genre: Mostly romance (I'm don't mind slash), but pretty much anything.

Skill Set: I'm very good with plot holes, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and description.

Language: English only, sorry for any inconvenience.

Work Load: I can manage many pieces at a time, but I find chapters over 3,000 words a bit of a turn-off. That, however, doesn't mean I can't or won't do them.

7/21/2008 . Edited 7/21/2008 #35

Fandoms: Anime/Manga: Naruto, Bleach, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Inuyasha, and Full Moon Wo Sagashite.

Genre: Mostly romance/drama, I also don't mind friendship, I just hate mystery, and anything including Yaoi or Yuri.

Skill set: I am very good at the plot, keeping characters in character is my weakness, I am a grammar freak, but not a grammar nazi, just yet.

Language: I can do English only sadly, and a little bit of Japanese.

Work load: I have all the time in the world, so I can beta very long stories, and it usually takes about 30 minutes per chapter, I'd prefer if you'd limit the chapters to 20 only though, please and thank you. =)

7/25/2008 #36

I'm currently offering beta services:

Bio: I started writing back in 2000 but around early 2003 was when I really got into it. I do have several ideas some of them are older than others. I do like to give tips and advice. I also look at spelling errors, since I've made several. I've also found that using a dictionary and reading books have helped with writing a story

Strengths: I typically try to come up with a decent storyline before actually writing the story itself. Decent storylines usually help when reading a story, I can help out with details and descriptions.

My Weaknesses: I have problems using puncuation and run on sentances or reading quotes that aren't clearly makred, i.e. when the main character's lines, point of view,etc... switch over to the supporting character. Some of the chapters in my stories are long, others are short. Depending on how a story is written I usually have to read it a couple times in order to get the point. If given enough I can probably read a story cover to cover just as along as there are a lot of chapters like 40 for example.

Preferred: I love comedy...I also mostly stick to catagories I've wrote stories for like Looney tunes, Kim Possible, etc... Most of the stories I write are in the humor and parody catagories. I mostly prefer humor, parody, family, friendship & hurt/comfort.

Would Rather Not: I'm not into horror, supernatural ,etc... or slash. Since I don't write those types of stories. I stick to humor. I'm not really a fan of drama, or romance either. As for suspense it depends on the story... But I do like cute moments.

Fandoms: Chicken run, Kim Possible, Looney tunes, Krypto the Superdog, Justice league unlimited, Batman/Superman adventures, Superman movies

Genres: Humor, Parody, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, Family

Workload: I come here on regular basis so I'm good for during the week since I'm on Summer vacation, though the weekends work well for me.

Language: English only, sorry

7/25/2008 . Edited 4/4/2009 #37
Yuki No Namida 13

(Please check my Beta Profile as well before you request me.)

(For an example of my better work, read Bokutachi no Himitsu.)

Fandoms - At the moment, just Naruto

Genre - I prefer Romance, Tragedy, Angst, Drama, Suspense, Hurt/Comfort

Preferences - I will do Yaoi and Het, but no Yuri. No PWP, though the occasional lemon is okay. You will have to run any pairings by me beforehand, because some I will just not do, no matter how good the plot is.

Skill Set - Spelling, grammar, tense, noticing plot holes and characterization holes, flow, description. I am weak with dialogue and action, so I would not recommend myself for stories heavy on that.

Language - Just English, and some small Japanese if you are looking to maybe title your story in Japanese

Work Load - I can take on 2 large stories, or 3 short stories, at a time, and pretty much any one shots in between. How long it takes really just depends on how you write. If you already have spelling and grammar down, and just want help with plot holes and such, it will take probably only a day or so. (Keep in mind that I have band practice on Mondays until 9PM. So those days, I do not Beta.)

I prefer to communicate through email and MSN instant messenger. 7/26/2008 #38

Fandoms: I deal with fandoms in which I write in: Naruto, Ragnarok Online, and Resident Evil, although I can deal with some other manga/anime and games. Just PM me if you check if I can do it.

Genre: Preferably action/adventure, but anything else is fine (I don't deal with romance well, but I can try)

Skill set: I can deal with general stuff, like grammar, spelling, plots. No guarentees that I'll spot everything though.

Language: English only.

Workload: Can't really specify. It will have to depend on whether I am busy or not with assignments or exams. PM me just to check.

7/28/2008 #39

Fandoms: Friends is my hugest. Wolf's Rain, Family Guy, Scooby-Doo, 6Teen, Recess,Homward Bound, Saw, and Balto.

Genre: Pretty much anything, but I'm good with romance, horror, tradgedy, comfort, and friendship best.

Language: English, french.

Skill set: Grammar, spelling, and I'm good with description. I can add in ideas, and help make the story longer.

Work load: I'm pretty fast at this. One-shots can be done in less then a day. It depends with longer ones; If you're asking to beta for each individual chapter, and they're all complete, and up-loaded, under three days, usually one and a half. If they're not all written, and up-loaded, that's your call. Whenever they're done, I'll do them right away. Currently, one chapter, which is not up-loaded, takes about twenty minutes.

7/29/2008 #40

Fandoms: I can beta best for Naruto stories, but I'm open to help with grammar/spelling for other stories

Genre: no preference

Skill set: I'm really good with grammar/spelling. I can help with plot or characterization, pretty much anything you need help with

Language: Only english

Work Load: Any size story, really. I'm constantly on the computer so a story will probably take me two to three days to edit.

You can check out my beta profile for more info. =D

9/14/2008 #41

Fandoms: Discworld, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter, Eddings, Inheritance Cycle, Twilight, Jane Austen, Tamora Pierce

Genre: I'm not great on romance, but pretty much anything else.

Skill set: My grammar and spelling are only rarely wrong. I can also help you to build a character or craft a plot.

Language: English

Work load: 5000 words will take me under a week. I'm happy to do oneshots or to beta chapter by chapter, but I won't do a whole novel at once.

11/19/2008 #42
Resident Bishounen

Fandoms: The Slayers, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Legendia, GetBackers, Weiss Kreuz, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Lexx

Genre: Any. Pairings, gen fics, AUs, etc.

Skill set: Characterization, following Canon, plotline logic. I'm also a programmer by training so I specialize in eliminating wordiness.

Languate: Native English speaker. Working knowledge of French and Dutch. I can't beta in those languages but I could help with a translation.

Workload: I can't do too many stories at once, but I aim for at most a one-week turnaround per chapter.

If you think I can help you, send me a PM.

12/29/2008 #43

Fandoms: Harry Potter, Anita Blake Vampire Series, almost any anime but my best are Inuyasha, Deathnote, Naruto, Fulll Metal Alchemist, Mirage of Blaze, Gravitation, Tenjou Tenge, cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Winx Club, Gokusen

Genre: Anything is fine. I really like angsty, depressing, violently chaotic stories. I am also a big fan of Yaoi and i am also willign to beta Yuri.

Skill set: I have been told that i have a very large vobaulary suited to grand wording, whatever that means. However i do know that i have good grammar and punctuation. I'm also good at finding synonyms for words.

Language: English and just a tiny bit of Spanish. Languages aren't my thing.

Work load: I am currently beta-ing for one person (HP fic) but i haven't heard from her in a while. i prefer e-mails, or even yahoo chat. If you'd like yahoo chat as a preference, i will download it just for you. ^_^

3/5/2009 . Edited 3/10/2009 #44

Fandoms: Criminal Minds, House, CSI, Bones, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter. (If you have others, please ask, I'll see what I can do.)

Genre: No real specs... But I am firm on no slash/femslash or anything with excessive violence/graphicness.

Skills: I took IB English (and got a 6/7). For those of you who don't know what that means, I took university level English courses while in high school. I am probably the most OCD person you could find when it comes to all things grammer, punctuation, story fluidity, etc.

Language: Just English... I spent my French classes studying for sports medicine. ^-^

Work Load: I am a workaholic! If you send them, I will edit. I can take on any and all types. It doesn't take me long to edit, about an hour, but if you have the luxury of time, I'd like a day with each piece because if I learned anything from Hamlet, it is that all things become clear with hindsight (that just means that when I get a second look at a story, I'll catch some of the smaller mistakes and fix that last niggling bit). I like to work closely (meaning IM) to allow for spit-balling, idea ricocheting, and such.

3/22/2009 #45

I'll beta Harry Potter fanfics, especially if you are American and struggling with English lingo. Any type of story, really, except stuff that has *adult* material in.

One-shots and seperate chapters, please. I will do long chaptered things but would prefer not to.

I can help with grammar, dialogue, canonizing... but not plot. Plotting is not a skill of mine.

C'est tout.

4/3/2009 #46

I'm currently offering beta services:

Bio: Hi. You may call me ComputerGirl12 or Mary(my real name). I have lingered around on ff.net for. . . .I don't know how long. But, I got an account some time ago, and started beta-ing as soon as I qualified for it. I would like to help any author that needs help with their writing.

Fandoms: (ones bolded are the ones I have written stories about)

American Dragon: Jake Long, Avatar:Last Airbender, Ben 10, Code Lyoko, Codename: Kids Next Door, Danny Phantom, Drake & Josh, Drake and Josh,Fairly Odd Parents, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Ghost whisperer, Hannah Montana, House, M.D., iCarly, Jimmy Neutron, Johnny Test, Kim Possible,Life With Derek, Lilo & Stitch, Medium, Monk, Phil Of The Future,Phineas and Ferb, Psych,Scooby Doo, Sonny with a Chance,SpongeBob SquarePants,Suite Life of Zack and Cody,Teen Titans,Ugly Betty,Wizards of Waverly Place,Zoey 101

Genres: K-T, General, Romance, Humor, Supernatural, supense, fantasy, spiritual, tragedy, crime, family, hurt/comfort, friendship

Preferred: I prefer romance, family, friendship, and hurt/comfort because these are the genres I usually write my stories in. I also prefer to beta Sonny With A Chance and Ugly Betty more than any other fandom I have listed.

Would rather not: Slash

Workload: I am usually on ff.net every day, but on weekends, holidays, and vacations I will usually respond faster than I usually would. I can read 600 words per minute and can spot errors right away. 1000 word piece would take me fifteen minutes to read and beta. A 5000 word piece would take an hour. 10000+ word piece would take from two hours to a few days, depending on how long it is. These rates are subject to change, depending on how busy I am.

Language: My first language is English. I'm only in Spanish 2, which is probably not enough to be able to beta stories in Spanish, but if you think that I can help you write a story in Spanish, or translate a story from Spanish to English or vice versa, be my guest and send me a PM.

I have email disabled for various reasons, but you're welcome to PM me if you want be to be your beta-reader, and/or I will help you with any problems or questions you might have. PM me first, then send me your chapter/one-shot through Docx.

I'm glad to help!!

4/22/2009 . Edited 11/8/2009 #47

Heya. I'm Fanficcer. Pleased to meet you all. Hope you're doing good today. Now, without further ado, here's my beta profile!

Fandoms: Harry Potter, Neopets, The Inheritance Cycle, and Danny Phantom.

Genres: I can edit anything except p***. Or poetry, for that matter, but I don't consider it a genre. :)

Workload: Stories that are four thousand words or less. I'm also better with stories that focus on OCs or minor characters than major canon characters, but I could give it a shot if you want.

Language: English. I could also translate from French to English.

As a side note, once I start helping you, I'd prefer it if you tried to avoid making the same mistakes. ;) PM me if you're interested.

8/2/2009 #48

Hi, I'm YugiDementia. I'm really constantly bored, so give me some work!

Fandoms: Kingdom Hearts, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, iCarly, Life With Derek, Drake & Josh, 6Teen and Sweeney Todd. Genre: I can edit mainly lemons, limes, action/adventure, yaoi/slah, yuri and romance. Skill set: I'm good with plot, dialogue, grammar, and punctuation. Work load: I can handle stories up to 20,000 words long. I prefer to do oneshots. If I'm on my computer a 5000 word story would take about 10 - 25 minutes to fix up.

8/13/2009 . Edited 8/13/2009 #49
Undead Dungeon Master

Fandoms: Angel, Buffy, Burn Notice, Dollhouse, Eureka, Firefly, Fringe, Legend of the Seeker, Legendary Journeys of Hercules, Leverage, Life, Numb3rs, Psych, Monk, Warehouse 13, Xena, X-Files, generally any sci-fi/fantasy or detective live action TV series, though if it's not on that list I really won't be able to help you with canon issues.

Genre: I will beta anything as long as a) it has a plot, and b) you are trying to tell an actual story. No drabbles, no "short pieces", no filler, no writing that goes nowhere. Unless you really want the first thing out of my mouth to be "Where's your plot? What's the point of this story? Why do I care?" If your story can be summarized as "X's thoughts about Y" then please god, keep it far away from me. But I will totally beta a romance story, a horror piece, adventure fiction, etc.

Skill set: Great: Story structure, plot, technical elements of writing, action scenes. Above Average: Spelling, grammar, general editing. Average: Dialogue issues, humor. Poor: Canon issues.

Think of me as being like a professional editor. If you want to move your writing towards a more professional direction, and can handle real criticism (don't worry, I'm tactful, and not mean about it) and really want to improve your writing, then I'm the right guy for you. If you just want someone else to correct your spelling and grammar errors, look elsewhere.

Language: English only.

Work load: I will only work with one author at a time, but will give you all the attention you need.

8/25/2009 #50

Fandoms: I'm familiar with and am willing to beta-read Naruto, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, xxxHolic, Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), Nabari no Ou, Harry Potter, Twilight, Bakuman, D. Gray-Man, Teen Titan, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Danny Phantom (I'm a little rusty with this, however), Disney. Basically a lot (usually anime/manga). I am generally not familar with TV shows, movies, and games but if you want me to beta to make sure the story flows, I'm fine with that.

Genre: I have no preference, but be warned that I am not good at beta-ing humor or romance (seriously) and I will NOT beta anything that is against my morals: r***, prejudice (unless it is character's voice, not the author's then I am fine with that), mature content, that sort.

Skill set: I'm usually good at correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation, that sort. I can help with the dialogue. Plot, I'm not good at finding plot holes or building plot but I can provide some characterization help depending on how well I know the canon characters. My other weaknesses are humor, romance, action scenes, and description.

Language: English only please.

Work load: I will beta individual chapters that doesn't take me an hour to just read.

Please visit my beta profile for more information if you need it. Thanks! :)

8/26/2009 #51
Aspiring Mythmaker

Fandoms: I have no preferences except for length (1000+), but if you are looking for canon support, I am limited to what is listed in my beta profile. My shortlist, however, is Sonic, Zelda, FF7, Harry Potter (1-6, not 7), Naruto Inuyasha, Wheel of Time, and Halo.

Genre: Action/Adventure are my favorites, in general, but I'll take Drama, Suspense, or anything else besides Romance (I don't read romance, so I can't really offer help for a romance writer. Romance subplots are great though).

Skill set: I have read a great deal of books, so I know how stories are put together. If you need help with plot, characters, immersion, background, sentence or story structure, or you just someone to bounce ideas off of, I can do it. Spelling and grammar mistakes are a pet peeve of mine, but I can omit comments on them at your request if you don't need that kind of input.

Language: I know a little Spanish, but not very much or very well. If you just need a sentence or two that's fine, but anything more than that is beyond my skills.

Work load: To say I have a lot of free time would be an understatement. As such, I can complete most reasonable tasks very quickly. Multi-chaptered fics might take a few days, but for a fic 5000 words or less, I can probably guarentee same-day delivery. I can work all at once, or I can beta individual chapters of a running fic. I do, however, impose a 1,000 word minimum (combined total of chapters).

If you're interested, shoot me a PM, but you might read my beta-profile first.

11/8/2009 #52

Let me start off--I can communicate through chatting (which I will provide info when you PM me or something) or through emails--whichever is more convenient for you.

Fandoms: Kingdom Hearts, Any Final Fantasy series from VII-XII, Cardcaptor Sakura

Genre: Romance, adventure, mystery, comedy.

Skill set: I'm a huge grammar nazi, so I won't hold anything back. I won't point it everything out, just a few examples here and there unless you prefer that I do. I can spot plot holes fairly easily so I can help you with that.. Also, plots, I think I'm fairly decent when it comes to dealing with plots. Characterization is a small strength of mine, so if you ever need help with that or dialogue, I can offer some tips.

Language: I can read Vietnamese, but I prefer to beta in English.

Work load: I'm a first time beta-reader, meaning I haven't beta-ed any stories yet. I'll have to gauge it with the first person who comes to me. There are no definite amount of stories that can tie me down--and if the chapter is long, I don't mind either. I can beta any type of story (be it one shots, individual chapters, or running story). I'm a fairly fast reader so I can read over a piece several times. Usually the first time, I look for the technical flaws (grammar, spelling, etc.) and then I go onto plot holes and other subjective areas.

If you wish for me to be your beta reader, please PM me. I will get back to you right away. Thank you!

12/28/2009 . Edited 12/28/2009 #53
Naomi Hansen

My turn!

Fandoms: At this point, my knowlege is strongest when it comes to Sherlock Holmes (original books and Guy Ritchie films), BBC Sherlock, Hetalia: Axis Powers, That Guy With the Glasses (especially the Nostalgia Critic), Team Fortress 2, Wizard101, and Inception. I can also help with fics involving Death Note, White Collar, Harry Potter, Bleach, House, and Supernatural, but my knowlege on those fandoms is more limited. If you're not sure if I could help you, PM me with details about your story and we can possibly work something out.

Genre: I usually don't have a preference, but I have had some occassional trouble with romance and horror. I don't shy away from yaoi/slash (or possibly yuri), but no lemons or r***-fics/n***, please. In the case of Hetalia, I'm more open to looking over stories with different types of pairings, but my willingness to review certain ones may vary. (Again, PM me for details. Just in case.)

Skills: I often check for spelling and grammatical errors, but if things like your story flow and voice bug me, I'll point it out and tell you to fix it. (I believe that when it comes to stuff like that, I shouldn't be the one to rewrite it. I'll give suggestions, but that's probably it. I mean, how else will you learn?) Also, depending on how much I know about a fandom, I'll see if things feel canon in the fic, unless you specifically tell me that it's a crack-fic or some form of AU.

Language: Right now, I can only help out with English fics, but I'm in the process of learning German, so I might be available for that language in the future. (Deutsch ist sehr spaß, aber es ist ein bisschen schwer.)

Work load: I can beta one-shots or multi-chapter fics, but please don't give me chapters that have more than 10,000 words in them. I strongly advise you to not give me more than two chapter to look at. Anything more results in a much longer waiting period for you. As for how fast I can beta something with 5000 words in them, it depends on how many mistakes I find, since I have a tendency to be a perfectionist. Generally though, I will usually take an hour or more to beta after I begin looking it over. (If it takes longer, it's likely that I haven't even checked my messages for the story yet.)

3/29/2010 . Edited 8/27/2012 #54

Hello! :DDD Name's Sierra, feel free to call me by my username, my real name, L-Chan...pretty much anything that isn't insulting ;D I am interested in being an editor for any author who requires my services! (obviously, in regards to my posting here! xD) Don't be put off by my "recent account" status...I have been on this site for years I just recently made a new account :)

Fandom: Will do anything -- WOOHOO! My favorites, however, are CSI: Miami, Criminal Minds, Castle, Psych...etc. (check out my profile for a few more of my favorites, but my knowledge extends further than just those!)

Genre: Any and all ;P

Skill Set: I'm pretty well rounded, spelling and grammar being my specialties (if you want to call them that :D)...but I am willing and able to help with plot and dialogue, too! Whatever you need help with, pretty much!! If it's a TV series/book/movie/fandom I know, I can also provide assistance in keeping characters acting in character - just let me know if that's what you need help with and I'll let you know if I have enough experience in that fandom to help :)

Language: English...I know basic Chinese (你好!) but if you need help translating from Chinese to English (or vice versa), I recommend going to another source until I have learned more of the language :)

Work Load: Depends on the time of year. Over the summer, (June through the beginning of September) I can take on a pretty much limitless work load; however, during school, my time is much more limited. I'll let you know upon contact if I have space open. :D Regarding story length, anything goes! One-shots, short stories, 30 chapter stories, series...it's all good ^^ Time is flexible...if I am really interested in your story and topic it will take less time, but I will attempt to finish all requests promptly!

If you require my ninja skills, message me or email me at -- I look forward to editing your stories! =^^=

7/7/2010 . Edited 7/7/2010 #55

Hey everybody! I love writting and would love to Beta some stories!

Fandoms: I prefer reading fanfics that I know the source for, but I'll read stuff that I don't (It's a great way to find new books/tv shows/movies/other stuff). Some fanfic sources that I know really well are: Supernatural, A-team, Four Brothers, Criminal Minds, POTC, LOTR, Rookie blue, House and E.R.

Genre: No preference here

Skill set: I'm pretty good with grammar, plot, and keeping characters in character.

Work load: I can take on stories at any legnth as long as you understand that a story with more words is going to take me longer to betaread. I can probably get stuff back to people in about one or two days.

If you have a story that you'd like me to beta your story send me a message!

12/9/2010 #56
Rhea Silverkeys

Ok I normally don't like bumping topics, but seeing as the site seems to be deleting old ones... *bump*

7/13/2011 #57

Actually, that happened once and a while ago. We were discussing for a while an the prevailing theory is they needed to cut down on their spending, so they chopped off a huge chunk of the site. It'll probably be another long while before they do it again.

7/13/2011 #58
Rhea Silverkeys

Ah, ok. I'll have to go through my list of interesting topics at some point, anyway, and delete the ones that aren't there anymore.

How much warning did the site give before deleting old threads?

7/14/2011 #59

They gave warning? I thought people just logged in one day and two thirds of the forum was gone.

7/14/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys CrystalRei, Ragnelle, LMRaven, Maryilee, cathrl
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member