Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
cathrl

Pinning this so hopefully people see it without needing to make yet another thread about it...

Thanks to Kitsune no Tora for the information.

There is a work around for both submitting new stories and updating existing ones, outlined here.

Edit: The problem is now FIXED.

3/27/2011 . Edited 3/31/2011 #1
Hamfast Gamgee

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, a million thank you's. That seems to work. I only wanted to change one word but an important one.

3/27/2011 #2
Kitsune no Tora

Haha, you're welcome, happy to help. Yeah, having that thread pinned at the Fanfic Help Desk has helped us a bit there regarding duplicate threads on the topic, although it hasn't ruled them out completely. I do feel your pain. XD

3/27/2011 #3
Wildcard999

Great idea.

Thanks Cathrl and Kitsune.

3/27/2011 #4
cathrl

Just had a thought...since my fandoms are too small to be affected, please can someone post here when the problem is fixed so I know to unpin the thread?

Thanks.

3/28/2011 #5
Kitsune no Tora

Yeah sure. I can probably expect to know right away, so I'll be sure to post when I find out.

3/28/2011 #6
Dune7

Hi folks,i've been a member of this site for several years now,just hardly ever post topics on the forums. Anyways,i've also been having this stupid and irritating error type 2 problem at my account for a week now,and it's gotten ridiculous. What's worse,I email the support,the problem is fixed but only momentarilly,and when I go to edit something,it starts all over again.

And yes,I know the trick for logging into the chapters at least,but it'd be wonderful if this wasn't happening to any of us at all,period.

What's going on with the site,will this problem ever be fixed? I mean,we all got stories and chapters we want to create,why did this have to happen now and right out of the blue even?

3/28/2011 #7
USSj1SupaJay

Thank for the advice. I started a new story but. I also found another problem, it is blocking the category I Want to pick. Is this only happening to me?

3/29/2011 #8
Kitsune no Tora

Is it actually blocking you from picking the category, or are you getting an error when doing so?

If it's an error, the work-around is linked in the first post and everyone gets it when they try to post to the larger fandoms. If you're actually being blocked, then I'm a bit confused, because I've never heard of that happening...

3/29/2011 #9
USSj1SupaJay

Well i mainly do one type of story (DBZ), i that error comes up when i try to pick it. Im using the next best thing now thought

3/29/2011 #10
Maximara

I have to wonder if the reason I am not seeing updates in certain categories has to do with writers who don't want to jump through hoops to update their stories. If it goes on too long we run a real risk of losing frustrated authors.

3/29/2011 #11
Chrysalis1986

http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/20103/40031188/1/

I found this while looking for a solution myself, I hope this helps.

3/29/2011 #12
Kitsune no Tora

Er, Chrysalis...not to burst your bubble or anything, but that's the exact thread that was linked in the first post. XDD

3/29/2011 #13
Wildcard999

Maybe someone should repost the first message and lock the thread so people actually look at it?

3/29/2011 #14
Domi2a

Thank you so mich thank thank thank :D

3/30/2011 #15
Chrysalis1986

Sorry, I found the solution here and actually meant to post it on another thread but ...obviously didn't...oops. To the person who posted the solution initially, thank you very much.

3/30/2011 #16
thekyuubininetailedfox

Thank you, thank you, thank you a billion! You do not know how happy I am to find a solution! Thank you very much!! I love you!!!

3/30/2011 #17
LatiosFan

Nice job finding this solution! I have been trying to add a chapter to a story, after finally having finished it, and kept running into this error. Great to have a workaround available, so we can keep updating stories!

3/30/2011 #18
Just Subliminal

The error type 2 thing is actually fixed now. People can publish new stories as well, not just chapters. Spread the word, ne?

3/31/2011 #19
Kitsune no Tora

Yup, the error is gone now. You can unpin the thread, cathrl. :3

3/31/2011 #20
Lady Natalie

In case anyone ever has this error again, pick a different story category other then the one you had in mind. For me, Death Note worked. Then, once you posted it, change the category. :)

4/2/2011 #21
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys Monotonehell, Rowena DeVandal, Maryilee, ODST-127, cathrl, AbCarter
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member