Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
BlazingCard

Is it possible to have a story that crosses over more than two series, just not at the same time?

7/3/2012 #1
Oracle Five

...Crossovers of three or more series are very possible, yes. What exactly do you mean by 'not at the same time', though?

7/3/2012 #2
BlazingCard

Never mind that. So how can I say on the stories list that my story is 3 crossovers?

7/3/2012 #3
markmark261

Never mind that. So how can I say on the stories list that my story is 3 crossovers?

At the moment, crossovers can't be placed in more than two categories (I'd suggest picking the two main fandoms for the story, though that might not always be easy to judge). The only way to indicate additional crossovers is in the actual story summary.

7/4/2012 #4
cathrl

One single story? No. But you could write a story arc and have different stories in different categories.

I've kinda done that - as far as I'm concerned, many of my stories coexist in the same universe which is a crossover universe between two fandoms. Two of them are actual crossovers and posted in the crossover section. All the others have no crossover content (though I know it's in the backstory) and are posted in their relevant fandoms.

You'd just have to be careful how you presented it. They do need to be different stories - you're not allowed to post individual chapters as separate stories.

7/4/2012 #5
schillingklaus

My standard is nowadays a multicrossover of over a dozen of shows and movies in one story, and I don't use to put them into a crossover section, but just into the section of the most relevant fandom.

The allowed summary space is not large enough to list them, so I drop the relevant information in my author's notes whenever popping up.

10/1/2012 #6
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys Rowena DeVandal, Maryilee, ODST-127, cathrl, AbCarter
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member