Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
WhoThere

Title: Batman: Ascendancy

Help: I would like constructive criticism of it all really. Story structure, pacing, writing style. I would like to know if I'm writing a load of old rubbish and should I carry on and expand on the universe I've created/borrowed.

7/28/2012 . Edited by Maryilee, 7/29/2012 #1
Ficta Scriptor
Just thought you should be aware, when using speech marks put a comma at the end of what they're saying if you're going to finish with 'Person said' etc. E.g. "I said no," Batman said. Only use a full stop if you're going to move on to an action other than speaking or moving on to a different subject. E.g. "I said no." Batman turned away. I'll give this a proper read a bit later; I've only read the prologue so far.
7/28/2012 #2
thelastpen
Go and read the forum rules. This is a self-plug and there is a specific thread for that. This is also not categorized and if you'd taken five minutes to actually check the forum, you'd realize that similar threads have been summarily locked.
7/29/2012 #3
Maryilee

There is already a thread stickied at the top, I believe, that is for putting links to stories where you are looking for con crit. Please do not start a thread just for your story. You can understand how if everyone did that, this forum would become overrun with these kinds of threads and nobody would come here anymore.

I will be deleting your link and locking the thread.

7/29/2012 #4
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys Monotonehell, Rowena DeVandal, Maryilee, ODST-127, cathrl, AbCarter
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member