Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Corinne Tate

This is at the suggestion of Summer.ice7 who wanted a place to discuss story ideas. So often we see people start a brand new thread for their own story idea, and then it quickly fades. This is for any one, any fandom, and any point in the process of coming up with story ideas. Plot bunny hunting, anyone?

Let's try this format: I've left out the idea numbers, since that can get messy if this goes on for a while, or if two people post simultaneously.

Fandom(s):

Working Title: If any.

Main Idea: Brainstorm, plot bunny, how you visualize the story.

Comments: What issues do you have with it? What opinions are you looking for?

RE: (If you'd like to respond to an idea)

Number and fandom: Put the number of the post you're referring to here, ex: Post 4, Twilight story:

Comments: Helpful ideas and questions. Would you read it? Any discussion.

Will this work for everyone? Have I left anything out?

8/5/2012 . Edited 8/6/2012 #1
Ficta Scriptor

Deus Ex Machina - A man manages to survive a catastrophe that should have killed him because of a random event. He then becomes obsessed with analyzing all of the 'lucky' moments in his life that should have otherwise spelled disaster. He becomes so deranged that he purposefully endangers himself and creates scenarios designed to push his own power of 'luck' to its limits. In the end we discover that *CENSORED*

8/5/2012 #2
Nuadha

I suggest there should be a universal format for this thread, as with other sucessful threads such as the Review Game thread.

Something like:

No.: (The placement of the story idea in the thread.)

Fandom(s):

Central idea:

Comments:

And replies to a specific idea could be formatted like this:

RE

No.: (The placement of the story idea in the thread.)

Fandom(s):

Central idea:

Comments:

I think this'll keep the thread clean and easy to read/naviagate if it takes off.

8/5/2012 #3
Corinne Tate

That might work. I've just never known my plot bunnies to behave in any sort of civilized way. That might be a good idea. Let's see if anyone else is interested, and I'll be happy to add a format to the first post.

So, it would be like:

Fandom: Twilight

Working Title: Crimson Rose of Texas

Idea: I'm thinking of a story about Jasper, before the series starts. I want to explore his time as a human, living in Texas before the Civil War. In my story he's on a ranch, and his mother is an Apache Indian, and his father is a white Englishman. He's the youngest child of five, and his oldest brother died before Jasper was born. He is tricked into marrying an Apache woman who was kidnapped by an enemy tribe and was stolen back, but is pregnant. He accepts her and her son, builds a house for his family, and plans to be a devoted father and husband. Then she decides she'd rather go back to the man who kidnapped her, and the tribe that still has her mother and sister. Crushed, he leaves home to join the cavalry. I plan the story to go up to the point where he meets Alice, his wife in the series.

Problems or comments: I'm weak on that part of history, and I'd need to know about the geography of the southwest. Okay, the real problem is, I really like this story, but I'm running out of steam to write fan fiction.

8/5/2012 #4
EchoRoses

Ah this sounds interesting. Can I post something here then?

Fandom: Naruto

Working Title: N/A

Idea: The story I have planned is Sakura is a detective after her older sister is murdered one night even though she never wanted to be one, then she meets this other detective Sasuke Uchiha and she doesn't trust him for some reason she finds him strange, odd, unusual etc. Sasuke may be tied somehow to the death of her older sister Yuko and Sakura is determined to find out what his real identity really is.

Problems or Comments: I kind of already have a plot going here but I'm such a fail when it comes to titles. I'd love to have an eye-catching title and I just don't know. This doesn't sound very hard for some of you coming up with titles, but for me it's always a bit of a challenge normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I promise to credit those that help me out.

8/5/2012 #5
JadedPhoenixBurning

LOL!! I was just talking about this on another forum and suggested one that is up for grabs since I don't think I could write this story myself but would LOVE to read it.

No.: 3

Fandom(s): Dukes of Hazzard

Central idea: Okay, I don't write Enos well but I had a thought that maybe someone could steal. Has anyone else wondered what it would be like to have a story that would take place between the two Reunion movies? You know, explore how Enos went from the oldest virgin in Hazzard to being a legend in L.A. where his sex life is concerned?

Comments: I think that it was sort of funny how nearly EVERYONE that Enos came in contact with in the last reunion movie knew him (in the biblical sense) and was DYING for another date. Of course they also had him munching on the pickled scoffernoffs through out the whole movie too. And remember, they are supposed to act sort of like V***. So writing a story that followed Enos after being left at the alter to the second movie could be a fun adventure! Any takers? After all, Bo and Luke were legends in a small town but being one in a big town like L.A. is something totally different. ;)

8/5/2012 . Edited 8/5/2012 #6
History Buff For Life

No.: 4

Fandom(s): Downton Abbey

Central Idea: Another Downton AU. Cora's father, Isidore, is an American Army officer who accepts an assignment in Great Britain in 1883 as part of a transfer exchange between the British and American militaries. By 1885 he has risen to command of the 7th Infantry Brigade; their numbers are split evenly between American and British soldiers and nearly all the officers are British, save for Captain Levinson and his aide. Late in 1886, the entire Brigade disappears in Ireland. Martha Levinson dies of grief months later, leaving Cora, then 18, and her much younger brother, one year old Ethan, as orphans.

As in canon, Cora marries Robert Crawley, Viscount Downton, in 1888. Mary is born in 1892; Edith in 1894; and Sybil in 1896. Robert and Cora become Earl and Countess of Grantham after Robert's father Patrick dies in 1898.

By 1912, Ethan Levinson is a 27 year old army officer who is haunted by the disgrace of the father he doesn't remember. He is determined to wipe out the stain on his family's honor by winning glory on the battlefield, but a crippling injury derails his hopes. Still burning to restore his father's name, he sets out into Ireland with the Crawley family chauffer, Tom Branson, on a quest to recover his father's ring and the colors of the 7th Brigade.

Comments: I'll admit up front that this is an attempt to do the 2011 film "The Eagle of the Ninth" - or "The Eagle," as it is widely known, in the Downton Abbey universe. The problem is: I really want to write this, but I'm not sure if I could make it work. Am I trying to do something that's realistically impossible? Please be honest in your opinion, but don't flame.

8/5/2012 . Edited 8/5/2012 #7
neutralgreen

*Le Sparkly Eyes* Thank you Corinne Tate, you have made my day! :)

No.: 5

Title: Flipside

Fandom(s): Naruto

Central Idea: Darker elements with its own light-hearted moments. It's centered around fem!Naruto *nobody shoot me please!* who is nearly the complete opposite of canon!Naruto. As a child, she's kicked out of the orphanage and left on the streets at around age 4-5. From there, her person disappears into the shadier dark side of Konoha; the Red Light District. The Hokage is blocked on multiple fronts by conspirators against him such as Danzo and is bound politically, though does try to do what he can which really isn't a lot. Later on (around 9-10 years old), Naruto (I'm keeping the name, it's part of canon and one of the few things I'm keeping) resurfaces, but as a guarded and semi-broken individual who is found by the Fourth's Guard who trains her in remembrance for th Fourth and she herself picks it up fast from living on the streets. The Rookie's eventually all find each other through Naruto, and she herself is closer to select persons while still separate. Canon goes, but is changed in some parts and it's darker in the way that there's more back-stabbing, gore at times, war, potential sexual mentions for the Red- Light District parts, broken psyche descriptions and etc.

Comments: I'm wondering if this is realistic and not twisting canon entirely too much and if people would actually be interested.

RE

No.: 1

Title: Crimson Rose of Texas

Fandom: Twilight

Central Idea: 'I'm thinking of a story about Jasper, before the series starts. I want to explore his time as a human, living in Texas before the Civil War. In my story he's on a ranch, and his mother is an Apache Indian, and his father is a white Englishman. He's the youngest child of five, and his oldest brother died before Jasper was born. He is tricked into marrying an Apache woman who was kidnapped by an enemy tribe and was stolen back, but is pregnant. He accepts her and her son, builds a house for his family, and plans to be a devoted father and husband. Then she decides she'd rather go back to the man who kidnapped her, and the tribe that still has her mother and sister. Crushed, he leaves home to join the cavalry. I plan the story to go up to the point where he meets Alice, his wife in the series.'

Comments: I think this, like you said is an interesting idea. Though, maybe it'd help if you explained why you're running out of steam to write fanfiction? Life? Losing interest? If anything, maybe wait for the moments where you have the time and effort to write it without forcing it, or something?

RE

No.: 2

Title: N/A

Central Idea: 'The story I have planned is Sakura is a detective after her older sister is murdered one night even though she never wanted to be one, then she meets this other detective Sasuke Uchiha and she doesn't trust him for some reason she finds him strange, odd, unusual etc. Sasuke may be tied somehow to the death of her older sister Yuko and Sakura is determined to find out what his real identity really is.'

Comments: I don't know why, but this came to me when I read your description. "Running In Circles" I'm not sure what you think of it, but that's what I got. *is sorry for fail title sob*

Once again, thank you Corinne Tate! :D

8/5/2012 #8
WinchesterPhantom

@Corinne Tate - overall it sounds like an interesting concept - I like backstories. Maybe what you need to do is really research the time period and see if a plot comes from that. I've seen lots of fanfics where the author has tried to write character a from time x to time y and run out of steam because it is such a massive story ... which is maybe why you can't write it? I say research and let that research maybe carry the spark over to you. Sometimes I can't write fics because I know my knowledge is lacking - its why my original work is on hold while I research the time period.

No. 5

Fandom(s): Twilight

Central idea: Edward and Bella's vampire-mutant-baby was born as a boy instead of a girl and the butterfly effect that follows e.g. like Jacob not imprinting (imprinting is done for reproduction reasons IMHO), the baby being venomous ('no don't bite Grandpa!') etc.

Comments: I need to tease out all the different possibilities of what could happen, how this would change BD, and find a decent viewpoint character to write from ... I am not a fan of Edward or Bella. I don't want this to be a long fic - 10k at max, 4k min. I just need to pinpoint the main scope of it really.

8/6/2012 #9
Corinne Tate

I've changed the format a little, to help with clarity. Will this work for everyone?

Re: Post 9, Twilight

I've written a story where the baby was a male. He was actually the one who turned Bella. In my story, Carlisle performed a laser assisted C-section to deliver the baby prematurely, and mother and child were fine. They didn't know the baby was venomous, since it took an extra week for that aspect to mature. She was asleep when the baby bit her, and she started going through the change before anyone could stop it.

In your story, you could use Jake's POV. Remember he wanted to kill the little mutant; he wouldn't have any reason to change his mind, unless you gave him one. I could imagine a lot of conflict between the wolves and vamps, without Jacob protecting the baby. It could make the outcome of the Volturi showdown a lot different, if the wolves were not on their side. Or the wolfpack could have been the ones to start the fight if they showed up to kill vampires and chew bubble gum.

8/6/2012 #10
Academy At 7

RE (POST 2):-

Working Title: N/A

Idea: The story I have planned is Sakura is a detective after her older sister is murdered one night even though she never wanted to be one, then she meets this other detective Sasuke Uchiha and she doesn't trust him for some reason she finds him strange, odd, unusual etc. Sasuke may be tied somehow to the death of her older sister Yuko and Sakura is determined to find out what his real identity really is.

Problems or Comments: I kind of already have a plot going here but I'm such a fail when it comes to titles. I'd love to have an eye-catching title and I just don't know. This doesn't sound very hard for some of you coming up with titles, but for me it's always a bit of a challenge normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I promise to credit those that help me out.

What about "Holes" ?

8/6/2012 . Edited 8/6/2012 #11
cathrl

Re: post 4

The issue I see here is that Ireland just isn't that big. I don't think an entire brigade could disappear there, not that late in history.

Though they could be wiped out and the items go missing, of course. I just can't imagine it being mysterious in the same way that the Ninth Legion's disappearance was. I like the general idea, though. Marcus Aquila was my absolute first literary love (from the book).

8/6/2012 #12
Darten

Hey, I've been looking for a thread like this! I have multiple ideas, but I'll share the three that show the most promise (for me, anyway). I'll use the required format with a slight alteration: I'll write the comments first, because the comments are the same for all three ideas. If three is too much, tell me, I'll modify the post. So:

Comments: For all three ideas I'm looking for an opinion about originality. I mean, I don't read much fanfiction, I'm a very slow reader, so I'm far from knowing what has been done a million times in a particular fandom. So basically, I would like to know if these ideas can be original, or if these stories would be ones from a hundred similar stories (in which case I'll try something else - after I get somewhere with my current story of course). Any other kinds of opinions are welcome and appreciated, It'd be nice to know if you thought my ideas were any good. So, the ideas themselves, for gaming fans:

No.: 6

Fandom: Dragon Age - Origins

Central idea: This would be an AU fic. It's the story of the game novelized: I like adding additional moments with the characters, more dialog, more "mundane" events to expand on the character's relationships and to make the story more "realistic," if I can phrase it that way. The slight twist to this one is: at the Joining, the Warden dies, and the ones surviving are Daveth and Jory. So things might turn out differently. I have ideas about how each of the plot's points (or basically episodes) in the game would go down, and there could also be romance, but I wouldn't like to announce any pairings because it's not the main focus of the story. And of course, since the main characters are not the same as in the game, there would be extra plot lines, Ser Jory trying to save his family in Redcliffe coming into mind for example.

No.: 7

Fandom: Mass Effect (3)

Central idea: This would be a story with the same general idea as in the Dragon Age one: How would the story of Mass Effect 3 go down if Shepard died in the suicide mission in the finale of the second game. The task of asking for help to save Earth would fall to Kaidan, who could go around the galaxy as Shepard does in the game, however I think once Garrus gets in the team he has more charisma to command the team (this might lead to arguments of course). People who knew Garrus, such as Liara, Wrex or Tali (possibility of a slowly developing romance) would listen to him, and Kaidan gets the Spectre status, so he can help out greatly. However, Kaidan and Garrus are not very good at diplomacy, Kaidan being more introverted and Garrus being well, a bit agressive, so getting by would be harder for them, and the team without Shepard would probably not be able to get the ultimately good endings to the game's choices (such as settling arguments without casualties). I haven't decided on how I'd handle the ending yet, since a) it's very far down the line and b) they might fail.

No.: 8

Fandom: Mass Effect (3)

Central idea: This is another Mass Effect plot bunny. This one would basically be a full OC story (Anderson and Hackett might make appearances) about a squad of soldiers who are fighting on Earth from the day the Reapers first attacked. This idea is the most flexible since it could be any kind of war story, but what I'd definitely include is a lower-ranked officer who has to lead the remaining of the squad when the commander gets killed, and things like a lot of war scenes and desperate but still hopeful people. Where I'm going with this is: I'd like to write a story which shows that there are many important missions and heroes besides Shepard, and I'm also very moved by the concept of hope and the fighting instinct.

For anyone who read this, thank you for your time. (:

8/6/2012 #13
EchoRoses

@Academy At 7

Ah now that doesn't sound like a bad title. Thank you very much.

8/8/2012 #14
Corinne Tate

I've got this original story idea that came to me in a dream. It's about a woman who was being stalked. She kept seeing a strange man following her, and he even approached her and called her by someone else's name. It scared her, and she told her husband about him. Her husband is a respected doctor, and he gets the police involved to keep this creep away from his wife and three year-old child.

But the story goes on, and it's discovered that the woman has no memory of her time before her child was born. She nearly died in the delivery, and it's unknown if she'll ever get her memory back. Her husband prescribes a medication to help prevent another occurence.

Of course the story resolves that the stalker is actually her husband, and the doctor is a stalker who kidnapped her and the baby. He's been drugging her to suppress her memory, and her real husband has been looking for her ever since she disappeared. They finally meet and talk, and he's got pictures and stories about their life together. She stops taking the medication, and she would leave, except the doctor is suspicious that she's remembering. He's hired a bodyguard to watch over her, and "keep her safe."

They go through with their plan, but the doctor shows up, and holds her child to keep her from leaving. The husband is forced to leave without her, but he does manage to free his child. The doctor plans a move, to disappear. In desperation, the woman steps into the garden, and intentionally gets stung by a bee. She's highly allergic, and the doctor is forced to call an ambulance. She thinks that if she makes it to the hospital, she'll be free.

Okay, I need to know how reliable my dream was. Is this really an original idea, or did I happen to absorb it from a Lifetime Movie, or some similar TV show? Does this sound familiar? My daughter said she thinks she's seen this movie, but I'm not sure.

8/8/2012 #15
Oracle Five
Okay, I need to know how reliable my dream was. Is this really an original idea, or did I happen to absorb it from a Lifetime Movie, or some similar TV show? Does this sound familiar? My daughter said she thinks she's seen this movie, but I'm not sure.

Corinne, I don't know if this is a real movie or not...but it definitely sounds like it could be one. Not necessarily a bad thing, that - it could be a sign of your creative skills?

8/11/2012 #16
Darten

I haven't seen such a movie either. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist though. Maybe post it on other forums too so even more people see it?

8/11/2012 #17
AbCarter

Hi Corinne,

The plot reminded me of several other stories. There's some Sweeney Todd in there, and a little bit of an A-Team fanfic I once started out reading.

It's near impossible to come up with a story that is totallydifferent plotwise. But that doesn't mean it is going to be a dead ringer for some other story.

8/12/2012 #18
Canisse

OK, we do have self-plug topics in this forum, most notably this one:

http://www.fanfiction.net/topic/2872/4863/

but advertising for your own work here is a big no-no. You are only supposed to post ideas in this topic, which means stuff you haven't already written.

EDIT: The rule-breaking post was deleted, so you should ignore what I wrote.

8/20/2012 . Edited 8/20/2012 #19
History Buff For Life

Canisse,

Who are you addressing with your post?

8/20/2012 #20
AbCarter

Someone who's post I deleted for rule breaking.

8/20/2012 #21
Corinne Tate

Does the format work with this thread? I'm thinking if it's just ideas, there may not yet be anything to label--except maybe fandom. Plus in every other thread, we're pretty good at directing comments at the right person, either through post number, quotes, and the at symbol. Maybe that's where someone could become confused that this is a self-plug thread?

While I was at the symposium, I started thinking about reworking an original story idea, that was fantasy/romance. In it, a group of RPG players would be recruited to spend their summer vacation trying to save a fantasy type world, from a mysterious evil, bent on destruction.

The fantasy world exists in a much faster time stream than this one, so the two months they spend there, would be equivalent to ten years in that world. I've given them each a magic ring, to anchor them in their own time stream, so they won't age. I've got the plot and ending in my head, but I'm not sure if it's interesting enough to write, since it's not a very original idea.

Have you ever read such a story? Does it sound interesting? What would you caution against if I write it?

8/21/2012 . Edited 8/21/2012 #22
theshroomdude

It sounds interesting. I haven't read any of your work, but in your posts you come off as intelligent, so I believe you could make it work. The 'save the digital world' trope has seen numerous different reincarnations. I think that the .hack series revolves around something like that, as did Code Lyoko and Digimon. I'm pretty sure there was an episode in Danny Phantom about it, and maybe one in Kim Possible and the Simpsons. So the idea itself isn't completely new, but it's all in the way you present it, as with most ideas.

Something I'd be wary of when writing a story about (MMO?)RPG characters is that an integral part of RPGs is gaining experience, leveling up, and questing. You'd have to figure out how to keep those interesting and believable. You'd probably want to plan out your RPG mechanics before you start writing too much.

On the positive side of things, I've yet to read anything like this. If you made it work (which I think you could), then it would be interesting to see how such a thing would pan out. It would also be interesting to see how you change your characters over a ten year period, as that's a much longer timeline than most stories I've read. I take it that your characters would be pretty young? One of the more interesting things I'd want to know would be how things would pan out once they returned. Their personalities and relationships would change, maybe completely, in the ten years that they'd been there. Ten years wiser, ne? I don't think that slant's been taken before, but that's the kind of crazy stuff that I like to read about.

8/21/2012 #23
Corinne Tate

Thanks theshroomdude. I wasn't talking about saving a digital world, but having them actually travel to a planet, where magic exists. Through magic, they can be sent to other worlds, kinda like Stargate, without the gates. Because our human world only acknowledges what can be proven through science, we have yet to learn of these magical worlds.

I wasn't going to use game terms at all, but in using a group of gamers, I was hoping to show that their minds were open enough to allow them to understand a world that didn't follow the laws of physics.

It's also nothing like what I write on here, since I write for Twilight, and this would be fantasy. One of the issues I have as a writer, is I love to write across genres.

8/21/2012 #24
Darten

Corrine, I think your story is kind of a well-known premise. That doesn't mean it can't work, it means that it's easy to mess up. If you wrote such a novel, the whole thing would ride on the world and the characters. At least that's what I think.

So basically, you could make this story unique even if it doesn't have a unique premise, kind of what I like (next to mixing genres) - putting twists on cliches. So my "advice" would be: create a detailed, interesting world. Write believable, interesting characters. Don't let the dialog fell flat, these are gamer friends, there's bound to be some funny gems there : D . Make the villain unique maybe.

So what I think is this kind of premise is great for introducing the writer's own detailed world to the reader. If you can make it believable, realistic, or quite the opposite, magical and fantastic (both would maybe be even better : D), it could work without a great twist in the story, and well, you can have twists after they arrive to save the world, so maybe you have some more tricks up your sleeve after that too. So if you do have a lot of ideas on a different world, and you would enjoy writing such a story, go for it. (:

8/21/2012 #25
Vegeta the 3rd

Post #1

Fandom(s): Digimon & Shin Megami Tensei (Persona 4) crossover

Working Title: Personal Digimon (probably need a better one)

Main Idea: Basically the plot of P4 redone and partly enhanced, if the TV World was actually a Digital World. I use the term 'a' because aside from a few sequels, the digital world has always been different from the previous series, made more to fit the idea and theme of the new one; Adventure and its sequel showing a diverse world to give it a sort of adventure feel, Tamers being a desolate and destroyed world to show a bit of cynical and deconstruction, Frontier also being destroyed but giving a sense of saving via "Legendary Warriors", ect. The world would be a new one, sort of barren and slowly regrowing; like how the TV World in the game grew as more victims were thrown inside.

This story would also focus a bit more on development between team members like the other Digimon shows, particularly the first one, and elements of the second (go to school, then go to the digital world). Yu Narukami (protagonist) and the others still fight with their preferred weapons, but also have digimon partners of their own, that also work as foils to their 'shadow' temperaments. As such, whenever they are being rescued, a viral form of the digimon will fight. They are:

Yu Dorumon: meant to be a wild card, and has enough alternate forms that any can be used as an evil counterpart later. Yosuke Dracomon: wants excitement and attention. What better than a pure dragon digimon that goes to Slayerdramon (as well has having a backstory legend of reaching that level via trials? That works wonders for character development) Chie Lunamon: best ice-based fighter digimon line around, and would be equally protective Yukiko Biyomon or Coronamon: Both would foil towards Yukiko's displeasure of being trapped in her own inn, but for different reasons; Biyomon being a literal metaphor to 'caged bird' that will break out, Coronamon acting as her 'prince' willing to save her, as well as further being an opposite to Chie's Lunamon. Kanji Kunemon: a bit iffy, but I want the idea that Kanji is close to bugs since they make silk for clothes, connecting to his family's textile shop. Rise EteSeamon: Rise's a singer, Etemon's a singer... to give her more of a connection to water, this would be another re-colored type of digimon, that would regress to Gomamon with a Etemon like personality. At least that's the idea. Teddie Leomon: An unlikely partnership between a bear and a lion, sliding between comic relief to helpful guides, respectively. Naoto Lucemon: Light and Darkness mix, check. Might even make Naoto more of a reluctant villain for this reason.

Comments: I believe I can write this if given enough time and effort, but I considered Naoki and maybe Nanako having Digimon of their own; Wizarmon and Gatomon respectively. A theme I want to try is give each character their own crest/virtue, as well as a particular element in focus. Yukiko has Fire, Chie has Ice, Teddie has Nature, ect. I also thought about using the Seven Great Demon Lords as villains, and probably throw in the Royal Knights/Olympus 12 somewhere when the story goes into the Naoto or Nanako arcs.

8/26/2012 #26
theshroomdude

@Corinne

I'm a tad confused. They're signing up to play a game and they end up in a magical world; that I can follow. But are they there physically, in which case they were... warped there somehow, or are they playing a game with avatars there? The first situation solves the need for anti-aging, but the second solves the time paradox. I suppose that would be your land, though, as I won't dig into the plot if you plan to publish this.

That makes much more sense than my idea of gaming plot devices. Thinking back, mine would have been pretty lame. "Oh, cool! I just leveled up! I suddenly know more stuff!" It absolutely screams Dues Ex Machina!

Have at it! That's not an issue, it makes things interesting. Mixing, matching, and creating new tropes - whilst giving the old and tired ones a break - is a great thing. Genre crossing is always interesting. And as for the tonal shift you implied, that'd be neat. I imagine that writing from a completely different perspective would be refreshing.

Each paragraph a addresses each of yours, respectively, for clarity's sake.

As for what Darten said, I can agree. There are far too many magical worlds with Always Chaotic Evil villains. That should probably be avoided. Make your villian(ess)(e/es) dynamic. Ten years is a long time to get to know the world, maybe they aren't even fighting evil. The dark forces are far from the only ones that could threaten a world, and any world with magic is likely to have a different measure of evil anyways.

8/27/2012 . Edited 8/27/2012 #27
Kierany9

I don't know how supported bumping old threads is here but I really need to let off a couple of plot bunnies.

Working title: Epicness on a smaller scale(probably needs a new title)

Fandom(s): Multi-crossover(Nintendo videogames)

Central idea: An experiment gone horribly wrong causes heroes and villains from many different worlds to be transported into one, giving the heroes a chance to destroy the villains once and for all. Unfortunately, due to said experiment, they are now all two to four year olds. Someone has to look after them, and the one in charge of that is the irresponsible twelve year old Londoner, Alistair Johnson. Note to self: Do not give Link and Ganondorf kitchen knives while mum is away.

Comments: I have too many plot bunnies. This one seems the most appealing to me. It's a light hearted comedy(as always) with a few serious moments.

9/5/2012 #28
Naruzeldamaster

Fandom: Pokemon

Working title: Friday The Glitch-tenth

Main Idea: I heard some rumors that if you bought any pokemon game on Friday the thirteenth some scary s*** goes down. I am not superstitious at all, so I'm pretty sure that new pokemon won't scare me one bit right?

Comments: A parody-pasta (Yes parody, not creepy) inspired by the missing no glitch and that overly famous creepy pasta about some kid that drowned and possessed a Majora's Mask Cartridge. :3 With lots of references to other pastas including BEN DROWNED, Slender Man, Pokemon Dead Channel and Soul Silver, this should be quite a humerus and frightening experience. I might make it, but it depends on if enough people are interested.

9/5/2012 #29
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys CrystalRei, Ragnelle, LMRaven, Maryilee, cathrl
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member