Writers Anonymous
Writers, come in. Talk about your stories, problems, any advice you need, critique, etc. You don't have to be good, you just need to want to write! Fanfic or original fic writers, all are welcome. Read the rules before posting or risk Rhea's displeasure.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Raichu

I've been helping a young teenager with some stories but he has some difficulties with grammar. I can go to the trouble of giving explanations for every mistake he makes, but that takes some effort which I could better direct toward helping him with other aspects of his writing.

So can anyone recommend any web sites that can help a younger writer improve their English grammar? I did a search but those I found tend to use complicated language and seem to be aimed at adults.

9/30/2012 #1
MasterFeign

Sites like ones designed for ESL students are very good. They're a great way to refresh on rules and other grammatical nuances.

In fact, sometimes ESL students have better grammar than those who have English as their native language, simply because they have to remember all the rules.

A site like http://a4esl.org/q/h/grammar.html is good for quizzes and reminders.

If it's individual rules using about.com may just be as good.

9/30/2012 #2
Forum Moderators: Rhea Silverkeys Rowena DeVandal, Maryilee, ODST-127, cathrl, AbCarter
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member