Fan Fiction Help
A place for everyone to go to if they are having trouble getting there FF to go somewhere other than where it is.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Aluka89

Hey all.

First: sorry for my english, I am from Germany and I have no idea where I coul ask, so I am asking you XD

There are many FF in which Ziva speaks some parts in Hebrew. Where can I find a webside to translate some words in here native language and the result is NOT a mystic hebrew symbol, just a word I can read, "understand" and rewirte? Some of you must know because you are doing it ^^ If its in english it's ok, I just need a few little words, I think I can handle that even in english ;)

I would be so glad if there is someone out there who could help me.

Thanks

11/15/2011 #1
flootzavut

Rats, I just lost the whole post, argh! That'll teach me.

OK; I'm very much a beginner with Hebrew, but I might be able to help. I'm not certain I understand what you're after, but if you mean being able to insert Hebrew into your fics without using Hebrew letters, then I may be able to give you a hand. If that isn't what you meant, let me know, and ill see if I can help anyway! Though, no guarantees...

to start you off, here are some basics that would add a bit of flavour and will hopefully be generally useful. In all cases I'll assume Ziva is speaking, so I will use feminine verb forms Where necessary. If you want to have a man speaking, let me know.

Shalom - hello, goodbye, peace.

lehitra'ot - see you later

Ma shlomcha - how are you, to a man

Ma shlomech - how are you, to a woman

lo - no

ken - yes

Todah - thank you

bevakasha - please and you're welcome

Ma kore? What's up?

Slicha - sorry, I'm sorry, forgive me, excuse me

Boker tov - good mmorning

erev tov - good evening

laylah tov - good nnight

mazel tov - congratulations (literally means good luck, or good constellation I think, lol, but they use it after the luck has BEEN good!)

as you may have gathered from the above, tov means good :-)

B'hatzlacha - good luck (with success, literally) - this for example she could use prior to a mission to wish a colleague success.

anyway, like I said, sadly far from an expert, but I hope this will give you a start. If this isn't what you meant at all, then slicha (forgive me!) and if you let me know what you need, I will help if I can!

2/10/2013 #2
Forum Moderators: Lindsey Turner
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member