End Times
I thought of adding this to the Left Behind, but that would start way too many fires.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Atarah Derek

We've all been hearing about it; the solar system will align with the "equator" of the galaxy, the Mayan calendar will reset, and the world will end. Discuss your thoughts about this here. Will the world really end, or will it simply be the beginning of the end? Or perhaps the mid-point of the 70th week, as I have seen at least one site suggesting (the start of the second Holocaust and Great Tribulation)?

3/20/2009 #1
spiritstallion

I don't really care as long as Jesus comes back and I see my grandpa again! But how about you? What do you think?

4/25/2009 #2
Atarah Derek

I'm keeping a very, very skeptical eye on it. I haven't researched it enough to establish an opinion on it. But it's worth noting.

4/25/2009 #3
spiritstallion

Ok. When you find out anything let me know please? Thank you. :)

4/27/2009 #4
ImagingThings

Honestly... I don't buy it! The world will cease existing when the sun burns out! Which... won't happen the next five or so billion years!

5/31/2009 #5
Atarah Derek

Ah, but according to Revelation, God has plans for an extreme makeover: Earth edition. And, as He seems to have a habit of blogging about His plans in the night sky, I imagine that the starry dance will give us at least a preview of things to come--things that God has already planned out in their entirety, of course, not things that we can prevent by staying home and working in our gardens as the newspaper horoscope dictates. Pre-written history, etched in the cosmos.

www.bethlehemstar.net will give you an idea of what God has done in the past, and is capable of doing in the future.

Heh, I just called God a blogger. If that's not a sign of the times, I don't know what is.

5/31/2009 #6
spiritstallion

Be very careful what you read on the net!

5/31/2009 #7
Atarah Derek

Well, whatever happens on December 21, 1012, I can assure you it won't be the midpoint of the 70th week. July 10 has come and gone, and nothing eventful has happened. There was no treaty signed in Israel. If such a treaty had been signed between Israel and a leader of either Germany or Russia (or both), that would have begun a countdown of 1,260 days until the revelation of the Antichrist and the start of the eighth and final Jewish Holocaust (and yes, there have been a total of seven Jewish holocausts, or attempts thereof, throughout history). But as of yet, nothing has happened. I guess God has some other part of the universe set as the stage for the final stanza of His cosmic poem. Two major players in that poem of course are the sun and the moon. Keep watching and reading.

7/23/2009 #8
Tindle

Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the Angels of heaven, but my Father only" If you belive the Bible, then know that the End shall not occur on December 21, 2012. Someone once told me that if we ever guessed the right date that God would change it!

6/23/2010 #9
spiritstallion

Well I don't see anything happening yet either. Have you read the book called The rapture exposed? I got so angry at what the author was saying I quiet reading it.

6/25/2010 #10
Tindle

No, what's it about?

6/25/2010 #11
sassyfriend

I agree with Spirit! Don't read it! It's trash!

8/6/2010 #12
ImagingThings

I don't think you should go "Oh! The world is gonna end!" Coz if you do... you might forget to live!

8/7/2010 #13
Atarah Derek

You kidding? One of the signs of the end times is the severe persecution of Christians, and the outlawing of any faith or religion that doesn't revere the world leader known as the antichrist. I've always liked the idea of living a Robin Hood-like existence. Stories about how people blatantly break man's law in order to follow God's law are some of my favorites. Outlaws for the kingdom of heaven. If that's not living life to the fullest, I don't know what is.

8/7/2010 #14
ImagingThings

Well... we don't have a world leader. And I still think the best way to live is to get an education, and a job. And some of those money you earn can be used in helping those in need. Not only with essential things but also education, so they can go against those who try and oppress them.

8/8/2010 #15
Chewiecotton

Well I don't care what happens I just want Jesus and to go to Heaven!

2/20/2011 #16
SonnyGoten

--

3/17/2011 . Edited 2/5/2013 #17
SonnyGoten

--

5/24/2011 . Edited 2/5/2013 #18
Atarah Derek

*shrugs* I was getting fed up with the Harold Camping thing anyway. Unfortunately he's not done flapping his jaw. He says the October 21 destruction date is still on. Camping is a fine example of a false prophet.

5/24/2011 #19
ImagingThings

Hah! Calling him a false prophet is giving him way to much credit. I prefer crazy dude who's got far too much off-time!

5/26/2011 #20
SonnyGoten

--

5/26/2011 . Edited 2/5/2013 #21
Atarah Derek

He's crafty, that's for certain. He's managed to convince his followers that paying him truckloads of money is just as good as or better than reading the Bible for themselves. The question I have is, does Camping himself actually believe his own words, or is it all a ruse, a clever and downright illegal scheme? With him it's hard to tell.

5/26/2011 #22
ImagingThings

He's managed to convince his followers that paying him truckloads of money is just as good as or better than reading the Bible for themselves.

Sounds a lot like what the Catholic priesthood did before the Reformation. :-/

5/26/2011 #23
Chewiecotton

Never even heard of the guy. Who is he and do I really wanna know what he's up to?

6/12/2011 #24
Raven's Spark

Everything we know so far is pure speculation, except what is said in the Bible.

2012 will pass with nothing but some more nothing just like May has passed and Octorber will pass. It's like a PASSOVER!!!

10/12/2011 #25
sassyfriend

AMEN

10/12/2011 #26
ImagingThings

Lemme see...

The world was supposed to end yesterday. I can't help but notice that NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

10/22/2011 #27
Atarah Derek

Hey, don't look at me. Camping's an idiot and a hypocrite who opposes the very definition of the body of Christ--the persecuted church. I went on a rant about him on Live Journal. Care to read it?

10/22/2011 #28
ImagingThings

No worries. This was just my (rather lame) attempt at making fun at Camping's amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing prediction abilities...

Hmm... maybe his brain went camping.

(Lame joke, I know...)

10/22/2011 #29
Atarah Derek

He has a brain?

10/22/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Atarah Derek
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member