Dante's Inferno
So you want to laugh at the N00BI3S and StuSuethors. This is the place. We never sleep. Come hang out and talk about anything, but you are on your own if you see foul language. Formerly the L.F.E.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Nikkster

Here is where you post quotes you love. From anywhere!

Here are some basic rules: You have to include who said it, and where it's from.

It can't be a personal quote. You would have to be able to look up the source on google and find it.

You can discuss other people's quotes, but you have to include a quote in your post.

Here's mine: "And speaking of Italy and sports cars that I stole there, you still owe me a yellow Porsche." — Alice Cullen, Eclipse

11/16/2008 #1
Usagi-Hime888

haha okay, heres one... Its from the same series:

"This hostage stuff is fun!"- Alice Cullen, Eclipse

lol sooo funnny!

11/16/2008 #2
Usagi-Hime888

haha okay, heres one... Its from the same series:

"This hostage stuff is fun!"- Alice Cullen, Eclipse

lol sooo funnny!

11/16/2008 #3
Saber Wing

Oh, I've got a Twilight one!

"So you're saying that I'm your type of heroin?" - Bella Swan

Haha XD

11/16/2008 #4
A.J. Starhiker

"Never tell me the odds!"

-Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back

11/16/2008 #5
Thoughtless7

"Twilight is an abomination." --someone smart.

Anyways, LIST TIEM:

LOVE

Allan K. Chalmers

:

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Bertrand Russell

:

Three passions have governed my life: The longings for love, the search for knowledge, And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness. In the union of love I have seen In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of [people]. I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens, But always pity brought me back to earth; Cries of pain reverberated in my heart Of children in famine, of victims tortured And of old people left helpless. I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot, And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.

Blaise Pascal

:

The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of.

Dale Evans

:

Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.

Don Byas

:

You call it madness, but I call it love.

Erich Fromm

:

Infantile love follows the principle: "I love because I am loved." Mature love follows the principle: "I am loved because I love." Immature love says: "I love you because I need you." Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."

Franklin P. Jones

:

Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Ingrid Bergman

:

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.

Jimi Hendrix

:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Jonathan Swift

:

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.

Katharine Hepburn

:

Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.

Lily Tomlin

:

If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?

Lisa Hoffman

:

Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.

HAPPINESS

Fall Out Boy: I Don't Care

:

The best of us can find happiness in misery.

INSANITY

Albert Einstein

:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

HABITS

Spanish proverb

:

Habits are first cobwebs, then cables.

ANGER

Aristotle

:

Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power, that is not easy.

Carl Sandburg

:

Choose

The single clenched fist lifted and ready, Or the open hand held out and waiting. Choose: For we meet by one or the other. Elizabeth Kenny

:

He who angers you conquers you.

John Dryden

:

The intoxication of anger, like that of the grape, shows us to others, but hides us from ourselves.

William Blake

:

I was angry with my friend I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow.

A Poison Tree

LONELINESS

Yui Makino

In times of loneliness, you hide behind your smile.

GOALS

David Ogilvy

:

Don't bunt. Aim out of the ball park. Aim for the company of immortals.

Anne Frank

:

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.

John Dewey

:

Arriving at one point is the starting point to another.

SILENCE

Martin Luther King, Jr.

:

We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Niemoller

:

In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Rachel Naomi Remen

:

The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention…. A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.

Robert Greeleaf

:

Many attempts to communicate are nullified by saying too much.

WORRY

Swedish proverb

:

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.

OPPURTUNITY

Thomas Alva Edison

:

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Ovid

:

Let your hook always be cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Fez (That 70's show):

Every day, I'm here with my heart out on my sleeve, hoping for friendship...and acceptance. And what do I get? Loneliness. Abandonment. Well I ask you: when is it Fez's turn? Where's my whore?

PROCRASTINATION

Douglas Adams

:

I love deadlines. Especially the whooshing sound they make as they pass by.

John Andrew Holmes

:

Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action, where it often substitutes for both.

HOLIDAYS

Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

:

Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold!

11/16/2008 #6
8I

Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Evey Hammond: Oh. Right.

--

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves V into poster on wall]

V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [giggles]

V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?

--

Gordon Deitrich: Yes, Evey. I am V. At last you know the truth. You're stunned, I know. It's hard to believe isn't it, that beneath this wrinkled, well-fed exterior there lies a dangerous killing machine with a fetish for Fawkesian masks. Viva la revolution!

--

Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?

V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

All from V for Vendetta

11/17/2008 . Edited 11/17/2008 #7
Nikkster

wow, people like it here!

"Edward's only human, Bella. He's going to react like any other boy." — Angela Weber, Eclipse

Um, Angie......

New rule: one quote at a time. If it's a conversation, one conversation at a time.

Who's Alice's hostage? Jacob? I haven't read most of eclipse and none of breaking dawn, so just tell me with no spoilers!

11/17/2008 #8
Saber Wing

"I don't know how to be close to you. I don't know if I can." - Edward Cullen, Twilight

My heart completely melted when I heard that, and it still does :)

11/17/2008 . Edited 11/17/2008 #9
8I

Ironman: I give people the impression I'm a jerk.

Batman: I give people panic attacks.

Ironman: I like the night life.

Batman: I AM the night life.

- Hi, I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC: Batman/Ironman

(It's on youtube. Must see)

11/18/2008 . Edited 11/18/2008 #10
Saber Apricot

Who's Alice's hostage? Jacob? I haven't read most of eclipse and none of breaking dawn, so just tell me with no spoilers!

No, she was joking. She was just babysitting Bella...again. Being held hostage sounds less demeaning than being babysat.

--

"Living forever means that the suffering of life also continues forever." -Masquerade

11/18/2008 #11
The Bloke

Madam, life without you is like a broken pencil. Pointless.

Edmund Blackadder. Second series of Blackadder.

11/18/2008 #12
Nikkster

Oh. I see.

"It's a good thing you're bulletproof." — Bella Swan, Eclipse

Edward, I am assuming. I'm not that dumb.

11/18/2008 #13
PikaYoshiGirl

Ugh, Twilight. I'm surrounded by losers and idiots!

JK!

Can we add quotes from...other places besides books?

11/18/2008 #14
The Bloke

Blackadder isn't a book!

11/19/2008 #15
Teh Imperfectionist

"Shut your mouth when you're talking to me!" - Lindsay Bluth (played by Portia De Rossi) from Arrested Development.

...I love Blackadder.

11/19/2008 #16
PinkPanther9.7

"No baldrick he looks like a bird who swallowed a plate" - Edmund Blackadder episode 2 'Head.'

11/19/2008 #17
Nikkster

PikaYoshiGirl and Chosen Man, you have to include a quote in your post!!!!!!

And yes, PikaYoshiGirl, quotes from anywhere, 'cept you have to be able to look up the source on google and get what it is from the results. No personal quotes. I just happen to lurve twilight, so......

"Did you seriously just stamp your foot? I thought girls only did that on TV." — Jacob Black, Eclipse.

And, I must say, Jacob Black is a temperamental werewolf!!!!

11/19/2008 #18
8I

"At the end of this wormhole . . . IS A ROOM WITH A MOOSE!"

"NOOOO - wait, did you say a room with a moose?" -Zim and Dib, Invader Zim

11/20/2008 #19
NobodyMove

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together."

Just a small segment of Dr Martin Luthar King Jr's revolutionary speech "I Have A Dream".

I hope this is okay with you, Nikkster...I know it's not Twilight but I thought maybe there was something else in existance...[/sarcasm]

11/21/2008 #20
NobodyMove

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Bertrand Russell

It just so happens, Thoughtless, that I have Russell's autobiaography infront of me right now. :)

A great collection of quotes, too. About 200% better than any Twilight drabble. I read it, it wasn't bad, but need to we clog up a quotes thread with it?

11/21/2008 #21
Nikkster

post whatever you want. my current fave series is the twilight one, so....

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

sorry about the color!

11/21/2008 #22
Edokage

"So one day Loke's wiped out all the first born of Egypt-"

"-Ah, the tenth plague."

"...Tell a person that you are the Metatron and they stare at you blankly, mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody's a theologist scholar. May I continue uninterrupted?"

The Metatron and Bethany Sloane, Dogma.

11/21/2008 . Edited 11/21/2008 #23
Saber Wing

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

11/21/2008 #24
Anarane Faelivrin

"They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!"- Legolas, LOTR 2.

11/21/2008 #25
NobodyMove

"So one day Loke's wiped out all the first born of Egypt-"

"-Ah, the tenth plague."

"...Tell a person that you are the Metatron and they stare at you blankly, mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody's a theologist scholar. May I continue uninterrupted?"

The Metatron and Bethany Sloane, Dogma.

Oh, my god! Dogma fan! I love you. xD

"I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." - Elle Woods, Legally Blonde. Reese Witherspoon is so funny!

The clip's on youtube.

11/22/2008 . Edited 11/22/2008 #26
Edokage

"Fuckin'..What the fuckin' fuck..Who the fuck..Fuck this fuckin'..How did you two fuckin' fucks.. FUCK!"

"Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word."

David Della Rocco and Connor McManus, Boondock Saints.

11/22/2008 . Edited 11/22/2008 #27
Nikkster

"Yes we can!" -Bob the Builder/Barack Obama

"uh, yeah, i think so!" - lofty, bob the builder theme song!!!

and yes, total obama supporter.

HE WON! YAY!

11/22/2008 #28
Edokage

Three of my favourite quotes from Iron man (good movie):

"Mr. Stark, you've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?"

"Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint."

"What do you say to your other nickname, the 'Merchant of Death'?"

"That's not bad."

Christine Everheart and Tony Stark

---

"They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."

Tony Stark

---

"You owe me a plane, you realize that."

"Yeah, well, technically he hit me, so…now you gonna come by and see what I'm working on?"

"No, no. The less I know, the better. Now what do I tell the press?"

"'Training exercise'; isn't that the usual B.S.?"

"It's not that simple. (cuts to the press conference the next day)An unfortunate training exercise involving an F-22 Raptor occurred yesterday. I'm pleased to report that the pilot was not injured."

Jim Rhodes and Tony Stark.

11/24/2008 . Edited 11/24/2008 #29
A.J. Starhiker

"There can be only one!"

Any random Immortal from Highlander.

11/24/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Omnipotent One Envy Omnipotent One Vanity
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member