Dante's Inferno
So you want to laugh at the N00BI3S and StuSuethors. This is the place. We never sleep. Come hang out and talk about anything, but you are on your own if you see foul language. Formerly the L.F.E.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Random-StoryKeeper

A friend was talking about this thing she read about our favourite TV show, "Storm Hawks". I just happened to ask her where that came from and she mentioned "Fan Fiction".

It soon came to be that I find out this site existed, and she sent me a link to one of her favourite stories. I read it, enjoyed it, but vowed to never sign up for it.

Then one day, I was having a cold, and it was raining outside and it was dark...I then decided to sign up for this site. And it shocked me.

Since then, the rest is history! =D

6/5/2010 #31
The Inimitable Enigma Cypher

Someone linked me to a fanfiction on DeviantART.

Then a friend of mine on this site linked me to here.

'Nuff said.

6/5/2010 #32
Laughing Rain

Some years ago, I picked up a Garfield Pet-Force book at a library sale (embarrassing, much?) and I read it, but couldn't get my paws on any others. Anyway, I Googled it, accidentally clicked 'pet force fanfiction,'and got lead here. Then I signed up for an account, yay.

6/5/2010 #33
ThumperCat

Umm... I think it was a site for the Warriors series...

I found this site through a link on a forum I was on a long time ago.

6/5/2010 #34
spencefan109

Last summer, my friend showed me some harry potter fanfiction with a draco/ginny pairings.

6/13/2010 #35
CupidsLeadArrows

I was looking for yaoi and fanfiction =^.^= Nya

6/30/2010 . Edited 6/30/2010 #36
Clayto

Discovered fictionpress helping my brother do an english assignment that required the use of an original story a a topic, I eventually wandered around fictionpress.com and followed a few links and wound up on fanfiction.net, been here since

7/1/2010 #37
BriiDream

I was surfing the web during class a few years ago and clicked on a Naruto fanfic (although I didn't realize it at the time). It was a Gaara/Lee slash. For a while after that, I thought Gaara/Lee was a canon couple until I discovered the world of fanfiction.

7/5/2010 #38
Kincora Girl

My friend told me about it.

7/16/2010 #39
deactivated-for-reasons

I googled fan art and saw a link....I can't even find the first story I read. I think the author deleted it. -.-' After that I read Adjustment (DP fandom) and I've been hooked ever since!

8/2/2010 #40
deactivated-for-reasons

One year later and I've gots me an account!! Hooray for obsession!!

8/2/2010 #41
Smiral
Got bored while watching Teen Titans and decided to search Beast Boy and Raven. The second link was for the community Beast Boy and Raven stories. Read Demon of the Night's 'Taking Over Me' and have been writing and reading for almost three months :D
8/3/2010 #42
InfamousSharo

Back in my younger days, a friend and I were crazed Final Fantasy X fans. She told me about the site. Quite simple really, eh? Not something like: It was a bored and stormy night. I cracked open my laptop, searched doggedly for fiction written by random people about my favorite game(no longer my fav, btw.). And then there it was, amidst the numerous fanfiction links, a sight unimaginable, laden with hope...Fanfiction.net! Er...yeah. It didn't happen like that.

8/4/2010 #43
eatpandas.rawr

I was obsessed with anything Harry Potter when I was about 11. Started reading fanfiction from there on from different HP sites because it was so popular.

8/6/2010 . Edited 8/6/2010 #44
Paisley Mae

I used to read Harry Potter fan fiction, but that wasn't on fanfiction.net. Back then, I must have been only nine. I don't remember the website, and I've tried to find it but have only come up empty handed. So, it must be long gone by now.

I don't recall coming across fanfiction.net until I was about twelve. I was googling Law & Order: SVU and came across the Law & Order: SVU fan fiction. Got hooked on SVU, and I didn't join for awhile. I didn't join until a few weeks before my fourteenth birthday. (Back then, I always had an issue giving out my e-mail address). If I remember right, I registered on a fake e-mail to begin with. Then as time went on, I eventually gave a real e-mail.

Personally, I never was big on writing fan fiction. I always wrote my own original ideas. Lately, it's been only fan fiction I've been able to write.

8/6/2010 . Edited 8/6/2010 #45
Insufficient

Bump.

11/25/2010 #46
PenNameUndefined

It all began with Pokemon fiction on some random fansite that probably ceased to exist years ago, if I remember correctly.

11/26/2010 #47
dstr6uy8i

I found it accidentally when I was 11. I thought it was a script!

12/14/2010 #48
Saber Wing

I've been on this site for almost five years now and it has been around eight since I found it...

I'm so oooooooold *sobs*

1/6/2011 . Edited 1/6/2011 #49
melisse

I became member of a Harry Potter forum. They wrote fanfiction there and that's how I discovered fanfiction. And someone was translating a story (with permission) that was published here. Through the link to that story I discovered fanfiction.net. :)

2/28/2011 #50
suena

Those were the days. Before makeup, parties, hair straighteners and cell phones. The summer of '06, when I only wore baggy clothes, glasses and stayed up late watching Inuyasha, Wolfs Rain and Case Closed. I was bored and looking through fan pics of Ino Y. and Shikamaru N. (Naruto) when I found some small site dedicated to them, in it I found a section for FanFiction after that I was hooked. I entered, 'Anime Fanfiction', in the google search box and somewhere down the line FanFiction.net was there, Ive been hooked ever since.

4/3/2011 #51
halloweenbaby

I was lurking some random blog for the Maximum Ride books and there was a link to a fanfic story so I clicked it and started reading. It was a few months before I actually commited to making myself an account and a couple months after that I finally settled on a name and started messing with my profile.

4/5/2011 #52
Subaki no Yumo

Oh wow, how long ago was that? A little more than three years I think. My friend kept pestering me to get on this sight and telling me how awesome it was. Back then though I wasn't all that into reading. It took her four months to convince me to go here. Then I read a Naruto fic and I was just hooked. Couldn't get me away from this computer for days. It was another month before I actually made an account and started posting stories. This website is what made me love reading too.

4/7/2011 #53
classic anon

i first heard the term whilst watching an episode of Monk...

4/26/2011 #54
Staligarde

Somebody copied (and pasted) a story from this website to another one, to that site's forum. It was only the first 3 chapters though, and also put a disclaimer about it.

3/23/2012 #55
s class wizard

In fourth grade, I wrote a few, crappy fanfics from Buzz from Maggie. However, until last year, I didn't know that was fanfiction and I first read another person's fanfiction exactly one year ago. It was a Bomberman fanfic called Crush Bomber Saga‚ô¶

3/23/2012 #56
otherrealmwriter

You know I met my fiancee on FFN

5/24/2012 #57
astarisborn94

I saw a Darkness rant on Sonic couples and part of it he threw a ***** fit on Sonic x Tails yaoi fanfictions occurring. I had no idea what fanfictions were, so I assumed they were horrible evil things that needed to go away.

Turns out I didn't recognize I was a huge hypocrite when I wrote an absolute crap-fest of a story that I stopped before reaching Chapter 10 on Video-Game-Info Forums. First fanfiction I wrote and I seriously regretted it.

5/24/2012 #58
XXXmidnitegoffXXX

I discovered this site back in 2004. I was obvious under the age limit but that didn't stop me from writing shitty fanfics. Yep, I wrote stuff before I wrote the trainwreck that was My Immortal. They weren't bad as such. I was only eleven. But you guys wouldn't have put it up to standard. I've not check on my old account in years. I wonder if my old fanfics are still up?

5/25/2012 #59
XxxCathylovexxX

@xxxmidnitegoffxxx: If you remember the names of them, search them and find out!

I found FF, ironically, because I hate that fandom, through Twilight. I didn't know people wrote fanfiction until then, and was a little shocked that people did that. I decided to do my own.

5/25/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Omnipotent One Envy Omnipotent One Vanity
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member