Dante's Inferno
So you want to laugh at the N00BI3S and StuSuethors. This is the place. We never sleep. Come hang out and talk about anything, but you are on your own if you see foul language. Formerly the L.F.E.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 .. Last Next »
Hollistrchk101

Is the search engine down right now or is it just my computer?

6/29/2009 #1,561
Artemis Mitera

Its probably the site.

6/29/2009 #1,562
Captain-Snow-Bug

FanFiction.net is a place to publish stories based off of things already created. I found another site once where authors create their own worlds, stories, characters, etc. But I can't find it again. Do you know of where I can? thanks

7/2/2009 #1,563
Wildcard999

If you meant Fictionpress.com, that's FFN's sister site. If you meant something else, I could link you to another thread that mentions a few.

7/2/2009 #1,564
Scripted

Hello! Scripted here, just got a little question for you...

I've written an albumfic [for The Script by The Script] - and was just wondering, does it belong on ff.net or fictionpress? The character is basically my own, but the plot and such is based extremely heavily on the lyrics/message/story of each song. If it belongs in the latter, I will happily delete the fic from this site and move it to fictionpress.

Thanks for the help!

-Scripted

7/4/2009 #1,565
Artemis Mitera

Do you specifically have lyrics in there? Or the story just follows the stories of the songs?

7/4/2009 #1,566
Scripted

No lyrics are directly quoted. However, as an example, in Before The Worst the lyrics are as such:

"It was Grafton street, on a rainy night I was down on one knee and you were mine for life"

And I specifically talk about the main character proposing on a rainy night. Their songs are pretty descriptive, hence being able to base the story so heavily on the lyrics.

7/4/2009 #1,567
Artemis Mitera

I'm reading it, and I've got to say, I really like this idea. I'm sure there's a site better suited for AlbumFics because there should be a more specific category. It isn't a musical but its based on music without quoting lyrics.

7/4/2009 #1,568
Scripted

Thanks you very much! As for the site, there isn't actually one set up at the current time - albumfics are generally not a popular idea right now. Personally I think it's just because not too many people have written any, as apose to people not wanting to read them. But yeh, there aren't any as such...which is what brings me here.

Think it would be more fitted in fictionpress?

7/4/2009 #1,569
Artemis Mitera

It sounds like a good idea, because its more original than anything. Songfics aren't allowed here in the first place, but that isn't what you have. Yeah, I would suggest to put a copy up on FP.

7/4/2009 #1,570
Scripted

Haha yeh, it's a confusing topic...trust me to start that...

So should I delete the copy on ff.net and straight on move it to fictionpress or put a copy up on both?

7/4/2009 #1,571
Artemis Mitera

I say keep a copy on both and see what happens. There shouldn't be a problem.

7/4/2009 #1,572
Scripted

Sounds good to me! More people can read it :]]

Thanks very much for the help! xx

7/4/2009 #1,573
Artemis Mitera

No problem

7/4/2009 #1,574
Wildcard999

I agree, this could go on either site. It's inspired by another's work, so it's fanfic, but these types of fics might not be recognized as fanfics since the characters and settings are your own. It works on both. You might as well post on both until someone says otherwise.

7/4/2009 #1,575
Scripted

Haha, yes - trust me to write a story that doesn't actually fit in one place... but thanks for the help! No complaints from me obviously - the more people that can read it, the better ;]

7/5/2009 #1,576
Ariana Ethaitrius

I don't know, but is it possible in the ban this person from a certain forum/profile, can you ban them for a certain time?

I've loged in, checked the box that says "remember this password for 3 days" but still get (I coppied this from the specific page to post to the reviews lounge - in a topic, I wanted to reply to):

Access Denied

You do not have permission to post to this forum.

I'd talked to the moderators, they seem to believe that is because I "haven't logged in." uh - I swear on my love for reading and writing (which is important to me) that I did log in.

Sorry guys, it's just it's happened a few times in the last couple days and I don't know if it's a glitch (unlikely) or certain people playing up.

7/13/2009 #1,577
Artemis Mitera

If you're logged in, then post somewhere else to make sure you're logged in then reply there.

When a person is banned, the mod-edit-ban user button allows the mod to ban the person from one day to seven days... or "forever."

If there's multiple mods there, someone may have banned you. You would be under the forum creator's lists under their forum. If they ask, tell them to look at forums-my forums-modify forum (for the specific forum) and on there they'll see your name blocked with the name of the mod that blocked you.

7/13/2009 #1,578
Wildcard999

Yes, you can even send a link to your new post to prove that you were able to log in and post on a different forum, but obviously still can't on that forum.

It's possible those guys are being douches and just don't want you to post there anymore or something. How do you keep getting banned from places? I honestly don't understand it. You're such a nice person over here.

7/13/2009 #1,579
Ariana Ethaitrius

"If you're logged in, then post somewhere else to make sure you're logged in then reply there."

Yep, I either post in a topic on here, or on my forum. I know for a fact that I'm logged in. Only once did I have to log in, but well, I was still blocked.

So the mod/edit button can't do say 3/4 days? it's either 1/7 or forever?

forum creator lists?

"

If there's multiple mods there, someone may have banned you. You would be under the forum creator's lists under their forum. If they ask, tell them to look at forums-my forums-modify forum (for the specific forum) and on there they'll see your name blocked with the name of the mod that blocked you."

Uh, those people kinda are a little *silence* well, yeah... I get on with a few. Some just ignore me all together, so I don't know who or how to ask.

Send a link to who? the moderators?

"It's possible those guys are being douches and just don't want you to post there anymore or something. How do you keep getting banned from places? I honestly don't understand it. You're such a nice person over here."

Thanks Darkwinter:) I have such great friends over here *points to you and Arty*

(I'll pm you the details)

7/13/2009 #1,580
Artemis Mitera

So the mod/edit button can't do say 3/4 days? it's either 1/7 or forever?

No. Its one through seven days or forever.

7/13/2009 #1,581
Wildcard999

Yes. One, seven or forever. Actually, it says 'one day', 'one week' or 'forever', if I remember right. That message only came up for me about twice, and only because someone tried to spam my forum. I have no idea what they thought it'd do. My forum is such a tiny little thing, and they only spammed a message or two. I supposed 'spam' wouldn't be the word then, huh? Well, they were trolling, shouting about completely unrelated material and trying to hurt me. There was no point in posting in my forum since we were both on a different, more popular forum. So I deleted the posts and blocked the user.

Send a link to who? the moderators?

I meant whoever it was that said you weren't blocked anymore. As proof that you still were. Read my PM though. It has updated info on what I think you should do here. Sorry if any of it is offensive, but sometimes the truth isn't what one wants to hear.

Thanks Darkwinter:) I have such great friends over here *points to you and Arty*

Yes you do. *cyberhug*

7/13/2009 #1,582
Artemis Mitera

Yes. One, seven or forever. Actually, it says 'one day', 'one week' or 'forever', if I remember right.

No. It says one day, two days, and then goes up numerically to seven days. Then there's forever.

7/13/2009 #1,583
Ariana Ethaitrius

No. It says one day, two days, and then goes up numerically to seven days. Then there's forever.

Well that'd explain it.

DW, sent you a pm

*huggles you guys* wanta come over to who

likes to talk?

7/13/2009 #1,584
Ariana Ethaitrius

I have another question, how do you ban users who haven't posted to your forum from your forum?

7/13/2009 #1,585
Artemis Mitera

You know, that answer is in the FAQ. Post 19 under block user.

7/13/2009 #1,586
Ariana Ethaitrius

Sorry Arty. Thanks.

E: I'm a little confused. I know you can block people from your profile to their profile. I don't get, when I go to ban user in my forum, do they have to already post in the topic? I tried it with myself, but it said I couldn't ban a moderator.

7/13/2009 . Edited 7/13/2009 #1,587
Ariana Ethaitrius

Um, if you go here: http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/forum/reply.php?sub=1&userid=1328677&forumid=51103&topicid=15894557&threadid=16790497&ppage=92 uh does it say access denyed? What happens? Cause I went to the reviews lounge and it said the access denyed and I'd pm'd one of the mods, so she says that she was able to post from that link. It says for me the access denyed thing, so idk what's going on.

7/13/2009 #1,588
Artemis Mitera

E: I'm a little confused. I know you can block people from your profile to their profile. I don't get, when I go to ban user in my forum, do they have to already post in the topic? I tried it with myself, but it said I couldn't ban a moderator.

You get their id from the profile to put under the block user. That way you dont have to wait for them to post. EDIT: Oh and yeah, when you block a user from your profile, it means you're blocking them from contacting you in any way. Review, forum post, PM, whatever.

uh does it say access denyed? What happens?

Only for you it will say access denied because you're the one blocked. Not us.

7/13/2009 . Edited 7/13/2009 #1,589
Ariana Ethaitrius

Crap...

Thanks Arty, sorry about all the questions.

7/13/2009 #1,590
« Prev Page 1 .. 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Omnipotent One Envy Omnipotent One Vanity, Omnipotent One Wrath, Omnipotent One Lust, Insufficient, Saber Wing, Trippy Hippie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member