Dante's Inferno
So you want to laugh at the N00BI3S and StuSuethors. This is the place. We never sleep. Come hang out and talk about anything, but you are on your own if you see foul language. Formerly the L.F.E.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
music watch

Yeah, if you don't want it then thats cool, but if you think the MA rating should come back please sign

6/5/2012 #1
classic anon

I WILL sign this. it is my duty as a member.

6/5/2012 #2
music watch

THANK YOU! Feel free to spread the word too...

6/5/2012 #3
XxxCathylovexxX

I'm not sure if I'll sign because I'm kinda paranoid. But I DO think the MA rating should be back on here. Why couldn't they have filters on here? They should have some way to prevent the underage from reading it.

6/5/2012 #4
classic anon

I agree, they should have those means. I mean, you DO put your date of birth in the form for registration as a member. why not use that bit to determin what is accessible?

6/5/2012 #5
XxxCathylovexxX

Yeah, instead of not having it at all.

6/5/2012 #6
classic anon

I think that question should be posed to the creators of this site, or at least the site's equivalent to a caretaker.

6/5/2012 #7
XxxCathylovexxX

I mean, their site would be much more popular if it had the MA rating, or is that just me?

6/5/2012 #8
classic anon

I agree that it would.

6/5/2012 #9
s class wizard

I agree that they should bring the MA rating back on FF.Net. However, they should have a filter for that so that those who don't want to read hentai fics don't have to encounter them.

6/6/2012 #10
classic anon

yes, and those specifically looking for a lemon fic will find it more quickly...sick people...

6/6/2012 #11
XxxCathylovexxX

Hey, some people like sexy fanfics. And I don't give a damn, really. In fact, another reason it would be great to bring the MA rating back to fanfiction.net (and Fictionpress) is because I usually find it hard to decide if my stuff is MA, or if it will pass for an M. They're not that specific with the ratings, unfortunately.

6/6/2012 #12
s class wizard

I agree with April on this:)

6/6/2012 #13
I'm Your Pitiful Life

I don't think it's going to work, but I understand what you mean. I'm constantly amused by the "must protect the children!" mentality and the need to censor one of the most basic human functions as something dirty and shameful. But c'est la vie.

6/6/2012 . Edited 6/6/2012 #14
XxxCathylovexxX

Yeah, why is sex so bad? And violence isn't as bad as that? I don't get that about human beings (no offense anyone)

If this whole thing keeps up, I'm moving to another site (like LiveJournal) because this is getting ridiculous.

6/6/2012 . Edited 6/6/2012 #15
otherrealmwriter

I signed it. I mean if you keep it at the automatic K-T when you first get on and the M and MA fics need to be adjusted to see then there should be no problem. Do what they do on youtube and ask your birthday and you can only access the MA when you turn 18 perhaps.

6/6/2012 #16
XxxCathylovexxX

I think that is so true. They should have a filter for this kind of stuff, like so many sites on the internet. Though it probably costs money.

6/6/2012 #17
The Sleeping Tide

Singed. Lets have MA put back on here. They can so easily install a filter and do what AFF does, have that verification thing so their ass is covered.

We need MA back on here. I heard it was originally removed because of a bunch of Purtaines wouldn't stop whining about 'corrupting' little kids and some Power Ranger Alt group flipped a tit over the MA fics

6/6/2012 #18
XxxCathylovexxX

I know, most people on here, including kids, can read. If people can't read, then why are they on here? And if the kids in question can read, can't they read the warning at the top of the page saying it's got explicit sexual content? That might work even if it hasn't got filters!

6/6/2012 #19
s class wizard

I'm guessing it is because of the fanfic Agony in Pink by the Dark Ranger that FF.Net no longer allows MA rating material.....

6/6/2012 #20
XxxCathylovexxX

Never heard of that. I guess I'll have to look it up (though I'm not sure I want to read it now)...

6/6/2012 #21
Zokolov

Never heard of that. I guess I'll have to look it up (though I'm not sure I want to read it now)...

Don't look it up, for your sanity's sake. Just the TV Tropes page of it made me certain that I never wish to read it, ever.

Yes, there are fanfics that are, shall we say, fucked up, but not having an MA rating doesn't do anything to keep them out. So yes, the rating should be here. Also, like someone suggested, filters. Because I get that some people just don't like some stuff, and that's fine. If anything, many people here don't seem to give a crap about the ratings. I guess I should sign that.

I never understood why violence is okay and cool and even many "family" flicks have pretty nasty stuff in them, and yet a sex scene is automatically dirty and evil. I guess promoting violence and fighting is because of the whole military thing, as they don't want people to feel bad about killing. As for why sex is seen so evil... no idea. Some people can't even say the word out loud.

6/7/2012 #22
XxxCathylovexxX

When I was six, I thought "sex" was a swear word...I have no idea where that came from...

In my mind, sex is a basic human need, while violence is just wrong. Sex should be a beautiful and OK for us all to know and understand. Not something dirty and horrible...violence on the other hand, I get where this site is coming from...

6/7/2012 #23
Senator-X

I've noticed that on a few other Fanfic sites I frequent there is a "warning" feature, which basically tells the readers in a quick way what exactly is featured in the story, whether it's something like rape or something else people would not want to particularly want to read (excessive violence, Yaoi, Yuri, Self-Insert, Bashing, whatever).

I always thought that worked particularity well, and it's one of the reasons I go to other sites, but let's be realistic - This is Fanfiction.net, the mecca of FanFic. If you want to read Fanfiction, this is the site you have to go to. There's also the benefit of having tons of communities so you can chose who you interact with.

Anyways, a warning system would do wonders for Fanfiction.net, and honestly, I don't understand why there is so much backlash from the creators of the site - It's a win/win situation. People can find and read what they want, and Fanfiction.net no longer has to take responsibility for a kid stumbling upon a lemon (After all, citrus stunts your growth:).

So yeah, bring back the MA rating (and hopefully add warnings too.)

6/7/2012 #24
XxxCathylovexxX

@Senator-X: I agree with you 100%! There should be warnings, don't you think?

6/7/2012 #25
XXXmidnitegoffXXX

I agree with you guys, but unfortunately FFN has gone to far. They've made their most famous author leave. That just shows how bad things are going for this site. All we're gonna be left with is a bunch serious fanfics. Where are all the lols? This site's going down in hell-basket.

6/8/2012 #26
s class wizard

@Todd

I totally agree with you on this! FF.Net needs to loosen up quite a lot. Everyone needs a laugh once on a while from a decent troll fic!

6/8/2012 #27
Zokolov

I agree with you guys, but unfortunately FFN has gone to far. They've made their most famous author leave. That just shows how bad things are going for this site. All we're gonna be left with is a bunch serious fanfics. Where are all the lols? This site's going down in hell-basket.

Most famous author? Who? Or is this another case of "me and my friend know them, so they must be famous"-type fame?

And I admit that some trollfics have made me laugh, but honestly, they're incredibly easy to write and usually lame. And FFN's new policies can't do a thing to stop them if no one reports them, so this site is not going down in a hell-basket. There is a category called "Humor" in here, you know. Comedy is serious business, in fact. Much harder to to do than drama, and thus needs to be written seriously.

Unless swear words and toilet humor are your thing. Then it's not really serious business. Anyway, all in all, I think FFN has handled things mostly well.

6/8/2012 . Edited 6/8/2012 #28
XxxCathylovexxX

I agree with Todd, sorry to say. :)

6/8/2012 #29
Senator-X

Well, I've already said my piece, but I feel like its necessary to mention that we don't know what the founders/admins/whatevers situation is.

For all we know, they could be in some deep shit, so I feel like as much as it hurts the community, the authors, and the imaginative spirit to be taking down stories, they could very well have a good reason for it.

Then again, w/e there reason is, they should tell us.

6/8/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Omnipotent One Envy Omnipotent One Vanity
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member