Kim Possible Discussion
Everything and anything Kim Possible. As well, if you want to create a topic to discuss your own stories, feel free to create your own topic here! The more, the merrier!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
KP Fannie Committee

First and foremost, we in the committee would like to thank everyone who participated in the Fannie Awards. We realize that things were a little rocky this year, but hopefully now everything is resolved and there will be no complications in the future.

We received a lot of votes this year and many of the categories were very close. And as usual there were a few ties. As we always say, every vote counts. If you didn't vote this year we hope that you will for the 2011 Fannies.

Some of you may be wondering why there's no story this year. The reason is the 2011 Fannies. We want to get next year's awards started on time in January rather than in the middle of the year. Due to unexpected events in the past couple of years this hasn't been possible. So this time we're just releasing the results here on the forum.

And now here are the winners of the 2010 Fannie Awards.

=+=+=

Best Original Character Name - General Arch N Emmy (Rise of Rhodigan by Nutzkie)

=+=+=

Best Original Character - Wayne Kingston (School Of Life by captainkodak1)

=+=+=

Best Minor Character - Yori (Exam by MrDrP) and Monique (GVU: The Freshman Rush by AmericanGecko)

=+=+=

Best Villian - Moriarty (The Power of Kim by whitem)

=+=+=

Best Songfic - Save Me A Dance (captainkodak1)

=+=+=

Best AU Story - Out There, In Here (BearSent176 [CajunBear73 / Sentinel103])

=+=+=

Best Crossover/Fusion - The Dark Knight (Classic Cowboy)

=+=+=

Best Alternative Pairing Story - Brick/Justine (Just A Jock by DoofusPrime)

=+=+=

Best KiGo Story - At the Centerfold of the Storm (SHADO Commander)

=+=+=

Best K/R Story - Well-Suited (Pinky Jo Curlytail)

=+=+=

Best Comedy - Airliner! (Mahler Avatar) and Quest of The "Sick and Wrong" (JA of JAKT)

=+=+=

Best Romance - Ginger Tea and Strawberry Toast (Pinky Joe Curly Tail)

=+=+=

Best Action/Adventure - The Most Dangerous Game (captainkodak1)

=+=+=

Best Drama - Another Time – Another Place – Another Adventure (JA of JAKT) and Some More Drama (Slipgate)

=+=+=

Best Mature Story - At the Centerfold of the Storm (SHADO Commander)

=+=+=

Best Wrongsick Story - Mission Failure (Charles Gray)

=+=+=

Best One-Shot Overall - Well Suited (Pinky Jo Curlytail)

=+=+=

Best Novel-Sized Story - Remember the Mat (daccu65)

=+=+=

Best Short Story - Sympathy for the Devil (whitem)

=+=+=

Best Series Overall - The Mim and Jon tales (JA of JAKT)

=+=+=

Best Writing Team - BearSent176 (CajunBear73 / Sentinel 103)

=+=+=

Best Young Author - purplegirl761

=+=+=

Best New Writer - DoofusPrime

=+=+=

Best Story Overall - Remember the Mat (daccu65)

=+=+=

Best Writer - captainkodak1

=+=+=

Congratulations to all of the winners. We hope to see this level of interest and activity next year.

(Added in little separators to make each winner easier to read)

9/17/2011 . Edited 9/17/2011 #1
GhostWhiter

Congrats to all of the winners and a big thank you to all of the winners, nominees, and those authors that 'just missed' making the cut.

You keep giving all of the readers on the Kim Possible Fanfiction.net board scores of reasons to keep coming back for more.

9/17/2011 #2
Slipgate

I don't know if it's weird to do this since there isn't a story, but given the co-win on 'Some More Drama' I wanted to say a few words. First first, I wanted to say it's amazing to me that a one-shot tied with a longform adventure story by JAKT, and I wanted to give my props to JAKT for their win as well.

Real first, my heartfelt thank you for anyone and everyone who voted for 'Some More Drama' or any of my other works. My thank you also to the welcome I've received here since April of last year and all the people who have read any of my works.

When I first wrote 'Some More Drama' I was in an experimentative mood. I was trying something new and unusual for me with dialogue and I was trying something new and unusual at the time for me with writing. At the time, I'd only just started on Fanfiction.net to actually post my works. I hadn't shared any personal writing I'd done, outside of that I do for work, for nearly ten years at that point because I was never satisfied enough with what I was coming up with to consider it worth sharing. I'd recently, a matter of just a week previously, finally bitten the bullet and decided to write with a mind of either doing well at it or getting feedback to learn from when I bomb horribly.

I wasn't very sure about whether I should go with the story the way I did, and even talked to other authors on Fanfiction.net to see if the story wasn't a bad idea for me to try. One big thing bugging me at the time was that my first story was very happy for Kim and Ron, and this one wouldn't exactly be like that. Clearly with people still voting for it nearly a year and a half after its creation and with nearly a baker's dozen stories I'd written since, but it still getting the vote, it wasn't a mistake to try it. I think the biggest tell was that people who normally wouldn't even like a story with its subject matter found good things to say to me about it.

Now, my experiment with dialogue might not have been universally liked. I know Mengsk thought the dialogue got too dense and tried to be too real at the expense of readability, which is a fair criticism. I'm actually glad I heard that criticism from him, which is why I'm naming him so explicitly. I've since worked gradually on achieving some of the same things with dialogue I achieved in this story while having them still kept a bit more concise than this story did. But whether you thought the dialogue too dense or not, I saw an outpouring of support from people who wouldn't have even normally gone for this story. I find this interesting to note here because as of when I'm writing this 'speech' I've been encountering the same thing again - writing a story that might not be to peoples' tastes (the 'Losses'/'Finding a Life Unknown' continuity) but apparently doing well enough at it that they are still reading it anyway.

In the end, I'm happy to see that I got one of the 'awards,' even shared, and for something that I wasn't sure about but decided to go forward with anyway. That's incredibly encouraging to me and makes me feel that the lessons I took from that writing experience (both on what to keep doing and on what to stop doing) haven't been interpreted all wrong. Of course if I was really nervous about my writing quality still I might notice the fact that my second story and not any of the ten after it I wrote in 2010 made the cut, but nah, I didn't notice that. :) I kid.

I must admit I don't know who all voted for this story or any of my others and I probably never will. However, I wanted to thank my mom, my best friend (name withheld) for getting me to get to writing again after ten years away, Michael Howard, waveform, Pinky Jo Curlytail, Earl Allison, Mengsk, AmericanGecko, screaming phoenix (RIP), Sharper the Writer, jkrust78, Kpfan72491, mileslacey, daccu65 (some extra props here for reasons to be disclosed later), OtisSpofford, Katsumara, Reader101w, Reading Nut Cassirole (formerly trekkiecasserole), CajunBear73, unwrittenaria, ZorpoxtheConquerer, Shrike176, MrDrP, sweetPixieSmile, and the Fannie Committee. These people have either supported me intensely, talked to me about this story before it came out or after, reviewed this story, or have helped me elsewhere in either word or deed to think even more about my writing and become an even better writer... and of course, if there weren't any Fannies, well, I wouldn't be writing this. I thank you all for your reviews to this story or your contributions to my writing evolution in the last year and a half. Also, I'd like to thank the Kim Possible cartoon and anyone associated with it for being a really awesome show that helped cheer me back up in a dark time of my life. That's all I really want to say about that.

I know the cane is sneaking behind me to yank me off the stage. I don't know what else I can say that might not be repetitive for something I've said already. If I've left anybody out, I do apologize. Anyway, thank you all for voting for 'Some More Drama' and keep reading my stuff and letting me know what you think!

9/17/2011 #3
DoofusPrime

I just wanted to say thanks for all the nominations I received, as well as the two wins. I am flattered that people enjoyed my stories enough to vote for them.

I don't know how much longer I will be writing KP fan fiction, due to that pesky thing called real life as well as an interest in branching out more in terms of writing, but I have enjoyed spending time on stories based on this show. It offers a lot of fun possibilities, and for me, it rekindled a dormant interest in writing.

Also, congratulations to everyone else who received a nomination or won an award. :)

9/17/2011 #4
sumer11

congradulations to all the winners. the best won this year. but for me there is always next year.

9/17/2011 #5
AmericanGecko

Best Minor Character - Yori (Exam by MrDrP) and Monique (GVU: The Freshman Rush by AmericanGecko)

*speechless for several minutes*

Umm...wow... O_O

I was thrilled to even be nominated, but I never expected to actually take a category--especially this one. There were multiple good ones here, and in my opinion all the others were better than mine. And then to tie with the likes of someone like MrDrP, that is something I still can't wrap my head around despite having seen this nearly seven hours ago. I mean, this guy is one of the reasons I started writing down my interpretations of Team Possible and their friends and foes. Anyone who's ever read any part of his Epic Sitch series knows exactly what I'm talking about. So I guess while I'm a bit confused why the Fanfic Kimmunity picked me so much, I also couldn't be more thrilled.

The bar for me has been set higher from now on, and I just hope I can live up to the hype.

To be honest, I don't know what else to say...other than:

Thank you! You guys rock out loud!

And also, congrats must be given to all the other winners. : ) *applauds*

A.G.

9/18/2011 #6
Sentinel103

AG, there were some really good writers that won, and unfortunately some equally good ones that didn't. Myself, I was lucky to win best new author last year and I mean that as luck because the competition was tough the results floored me. This year CB and I as Bearsent got two; Best AU and best team.

We didn't campaign and I don't think either of us even voted, we have been very busy with life and with writing. So although I haven't talked to CB since this afternoon while I was in the parking lot at work I didn't have any idea that we had won anything (I did send him an email though). So I am totally surprized as I know he will be. He and I will talk in the morning while we are going over some chapters and we'll discuss it.

But congrats to the winners, also congrats to all those who were even nominated.

Thanks for those who read 'OTIH' and for those that voted for the tale a big thanks. There ARE tales left in this ARC though and I have just finished four chapters and a prologue for a new tale not in the 'OTIH' story line. We hope to post it sometime this winter.....yes we like to work ahead.

ST-103

9/18/2011 . Edited 9/18/2011 #7
SHADO Commander

First, I promise to try to refrain from making jokes about 'having two fannies.' I do not guarantee that I will succeed in keeping that promise, however. ;)

As with all of the above, my congratulations to both the other award receivers and, especially, the other final nominees. I use the term award receivers for a reason, as I suspect that many of the votes were very close indeed, and if you made it through the nomination process to the final round of voting, you're a winner... and when work of the quality these awards honor is produced, everyone on FFN wins.

Finally, thanks to everyone who took the time to read and vote, but especially to those who took the time to read in the first place. I feel very honored to have AT THE CENTERFOLD OF THE STORM win Best KiGo and Best Mature, but I'm just as honored that enough people liked what I wrote in my first four months here on FFN that I ended up in the finals with 17 noms in 15 categories. Receiving these awards is very, very, VERY nice, don't get me wrong, but the greatest pleasure any writer can receive is to know that their work is being read, and being appreciated.

In summary, thanks to everyone I forgot to thank, and I'll try to continue doing whatever it is that I'm doing right as my second year on FFN, which coincidentally started one week ago yesterday, begins.

9/18/2011 #8
daccu65

First of all, I'd like to thank the Fannie committee for the time and effort you put in to keep this award going. Even without the story/show, it's a great thing.

Secondly, thanks for everyone who voted for my story. I've stepped away from writing for awhile but it's nice to know that there's still some legacy interest in my odd imagination.

Thanks again,

daccu65

9/18/2011 #9
captainkodak1

I am deeply honored by the support that has been shown to me. There is no way I could have imagined winning four awards.

Best Original Character, Best Songfic, Best Action Adventure, and Best Writer.

Thanks to all of you for your votes.

This is the Captain

Roger and out

Right hand salute

9/18/2011 #10
Classic Cowboy

of all the awards, I feel Cap Kodak richly deserves the best writer. he's earned that 10 times over, and thanks so much for The Dark Knight's win. It pleases me to no end that the first fic in its series "The Batman" won the best cross/fusion for its year, and now its sister fic TDK has won it. all the votes are greatly appreciated! I was already planning on getting it going again, now I'm definately going to fire the Batron series back into gear!

9/18/2011 #11
daccu65

My apologies. I'd like to thank my ever-patient beta, Joe Stoppinghem, for his help. Again, thanks for the votes and congrats to all of the winners.

daccu65

9/18/2011 #12
Mengsk

Did NOTHING I voted for win?!

What the....?

9/19/2011 #13
Gomro Morskopp

Nice! Congratulations to the winners, and know ye that I'll be trying harder next year!

9/20/2011 #14
Mahler Avatar

Wow, splitting a fannie with JA of JAKT? Wait, that didn't come out quite right... Seriously, it's a great honor to tie for Best Comedy with one of the best writers in the Kimmiverse. My thanks to all who voted and to the KP Fannie Committee for their tireless work in making these awards possible. Congrats to all who won as well as all who were nominated: you're all winners in my book.

MA

9/23/2011 #15
Karon19

Congratulations to everybody. This year and last have taken their tolls on the Kimmunity with the loss of friends being foremost among them. Let us remember those who have passed and looked to the future.

Darev

10/12/2011 #16
whitem

Man am I ever late in seeing this... (shows how much I pay attention)

I know it's a bit late, but I too wanted to say Congratulations to EVERYONE!

Best Villain and Best Short Story huh? Thanks to everyone who voted!

I'm looking forward to the next Awards...

11/13/2011 #17
Nutzkie

Okay... What's more pathetic than not even realizing the 2011 Fannie results had been posted until it was officially 2012?

(Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock... BZZZZZZZZZZT! Time's up! But thanks for playing!)

The answer we were looking for was, "not knowing I'd won my first Fannie until just now!" How sad is THAT?

A very belated "thank-you" to all those who nominated and voted for General Arch N. Emmy as "best original character name." Not a bad result, really, for a name that was inspired while reading a 40-year-old issue of National Lampoon. Go fig.

(We now return you to your regularly-scheduled insanity...)

1/3/2012 #18
Sentinel103

Uh sorry Dude, I thought you knew. Anyway congrats.

ST

1/3/2012 #19
whitem

Can this Thread be un-pinned?

4/21/2012 #20
campy

Can this Thread be un-pinned?

Someone should un-pin the March Story Alert thread too.

4/25/2012 . Edited 4/25/2012 #21
Forum Moderators: Zaratan JAKT, GhostWhiter, whitem, cpneb, captainkodak1
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member