The School RPG
It's a school that's more than just a school! run almost entirely by students, a majority of them, aren't even human! Make friends, find love, fight, debate- anything! Within the rules, of course. All welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 81 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 101 .. Last Next »
Foxsoul
"Yeah, I could sleep, but I can't hang with you guys while I snore my time away!" Echo exclaimed. She punctuated that exclamation with a light slap on the table.↓Quite suddenly, an older man and woman seemed to fade into view behind Echo. She sighed, then turned around. "What, Dad?" she deadpanned. Kaidus, the man, laid his hand on her shoulder. "Just checking on you. Felt the energy drop." Echo snorted, then turned to the woman. "And you are?" "Call me Ket. I'm an old... co-worker of your dad's." Echo shrugged, then turned back to the table. Unbeknownst to her, her hair started turning the same red as Ket's.
12/10/2010 #2,701
starless-ocean

Morgan giggled. She couldn't help herself, but how Kaidus came extra to check on Echo like a over-protective father was... quite funny.

"Uhm, Echo? Is there any special reason for your hair turning red?", she pointed out.

12/13/2010 #2,702
Foxsoul
Echo looked at Morgan, then at her hair. She looked over her shoulder at her father and his companion. "Dad, Ket, explain." Kaidus looked over at Ket. She laughed nervously, then said, "Heh, um... Long story short, slipped a little kitsune blood in Kai's sake one night. Apparently, said blood came out when your dad... er, birthed you by shapeshifting."
12/13/2010 #2,703
starless-ocean

Morgan didn't quite get what they were talking about, but still asked: "So there was always the possibility of your hair getting red? But why now?"

12/14/2010 #2,704
Foxsoul
"No idea. First I ever heard of it," she responded. "Same here. Godsdammit Ket, what the fuck?" Kaidus added. "Hehe... um, better teamwork? Gods know I've had enough of your blood, all it required was you having some of mine!" "Whoawhoawhoa, I do NOT wanna hear about y'all's sex life!" Echo snapped. In response, Kaidus blushed. "That's not how it was!" Ket sighed. "Not for lack of trying on my end." "EEEH?" father and daughter exclaimed in perfect unison.
12/15/2010 #2,705
livinglife

Vance and Gina drove to School City in relative silence, the radio playing. Vance had tried to make small talk. He didn't bring up that he had heard her, and she answered his small talk with short, bland answers. Eventually they made it to the city, and they found the leprechaun's new store.

After a lot of 'persuasion' (Money and loosely veiled threats) he managed to get the Leprechaun to remove the enchantment from the necklace. They stepped outside, and Gina told him she was going to look around some more, maybe shop a little. He smiled and told her goodbye, and she just stalked away.

He watched her go, rubbing the side of his arm, and then turned and went back into the amulet shop, pulling out more money.

~~~

2/9/2011 #2,706
spearofhope

(So what should we do, just start?)

2/9/2011 #2,707
livinglife

Vance took a deep breath, leaning against the wall. He didn't feel good about what he was about to do. But... he could sort of understand how Brian felt, now. The tired desperation of being stared at, whispered about, pointed at. And... he felt just desperate enough to try this. He slipped the amulet over his neck.

(Mmhm, you can continue as Vance from here.)

Gina was walking down the street, thinking.

2/9/2011 #2,708
spearofhope

Vance knew something about what Gina's ideal version of a man was, and became something like that. Glancing around furtively, he he headed in the direction she went in. Distracted by how freeing it was to just walk around, standing tall and blending in. It was a few moments later that he caught up to her, nervously trying to figure out a way to start up a conversation.

2/9/2011 #2,709
livinglife

Gina stopped to look in the window at some clothes, and then glanced sideways at the man following her.

2/9/2011 #2,710
spearofhope

Vance's heart skipped a beat, thinking he'd be caught, but tried not to break his step and keep walking, stopping and staring aimlessly into the window of the shop next door.

2/9/2011 #2,711
livinglife

She looked back in the window, and then glanced at him again, carefully. She smiled. "Most people don't window shop at a bank."

2/9/2011 #2,712
spearofhope

Vance blinked, doing a double take and looking back in the Window. "I was just, uh-..." He said, his voice cracking at the unfamiliar timbre and tone, "I was just thinking about opening a new checking account...."

2/9/2011 #2,713
livinglife

"Huh. Exciting." She shrugged, and started down the street again.

2/10/2011 #2,714
spearofhope

"Uh-... excuse me, miss, but..." He frowned, "Have I seen you before?"

2/10/2011 #2,715
livinglife

"Well... I was in School City a few years ago... but I don't think so." She looked at him.

2/10/2011 #2,716
spearofhope

He shrugged, "I feel like I know you, somehow.."

2/10/2011 #2,717
livinglife

"Um, No, I'm pretty sure you don't..." She said, walking a little faster.

2/10/2011 #2,718
spearofhope

He frowned, eyebrows furrowing, getting a little desperate, "W-where are you going?"

2/10/2011 #2,719
livinglife

She turned. "Look, guy, you're just... creeping me out a little bit, okay?"

2/10/2011 #2,720
spearofhope

He stopped, shrugging, "A-... sorry..."

2/10/2011 #2,721
livinglife

She crossed her arms. "Well... it's okay." She turned, walking away.

2/10/2011 #2,722
spearofhope

"I just..." He muttered, knowing she didn't hear. He turned, and slowly, mournfully wandered down an alleyway until he was out of sight. Taking off the necklace, he sat, shaking his head.

2/10/2011 #2,723
livinglife

People walked past the alley, unknowing, focusing on their own little problems, living their own lives, unaware of the problems of those around them, of the immense loneliness of the man hiding in the alley.

2/10/2011 #2,724
spearofhope

Vance frowned for a moment, an idea dawning on him. Lifting the Necklace, he put it on again, focusing on the form of another person. Another chance. Looking into a pool of water, he saw himself differently than before. Running a hand through his hair, a faint measure of hope uplifted him, allowing to run to the end of the alley, and plan another try.

2/10/2011 #2,725
livinglife

Gina was walking back the way she had come, half heartedly looking for Vance.

2/10/2011 #2,726
spearofhope

Vance trailed her at a distance this time, hoping she'd duck into a Cafe or some other store, and they could wind up ordering the same thing. What a wacky coincidence that would be...

2/10/2011 #2,727
starless-ocean

Looking at that strange family Morgan could only inwardly shake her head. "I'm not sure whether I really want to know what's behind this."

(this is an answer to Foxsoul...)

2/10/2011 #2,728
livinglife

She sighed, looking around. When she didn't see Vance, she hesitantly kept walking, pausing in front of a cafe.

2/10/2011 #2,729
spearofhope

(Good luck with that...)

Vance smiled and casually walked past her into the Cafe, heading up to the counter.

2/10/2011 #2,730
« Prev Page 1 .. 81 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 101 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Uhm. its me Vee
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member