The School RPG
It's a school that's more than just a school! run almost entirely by students, a majority of them, aren't even human! Make friends, find love, fight, debate- anything! Within the rules, of course. All welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
spearofhope

The Ohio river runs directly through school city, and at one point splits around a long, thin Island in the middle of it. On the South side, beneath the Hill, is the Twice-collapsed Waterfront that once held the old Fort and later a series of high-end developments, now mostly construction sites and blocked off areas. On the north side, the shops of the Market area reach nearly the very edge of the river, tapering off slightly near the docks.

2/9/2012 #1
livinglife

(Ah yes, experiencing the wackiness right now.)

Sonya smiled as they neared the water, glad to see the sunlight sparkling off of it.

2/9/2012 #2
spearofhope

They strolled along the Waterfront, along the sidewalk, past shops and restaurants hanging over the River. The sun was nearing the middle of the sky but still ahead of them, several rivers lancing across the nearly perfect view of the River.

2/9/2012 #3
livinglife

A grizzled old man was on his knees by the shore of the river, struggling with something. He grunted and groaned as he began to haul a large net out of the water. It was against fishing regulations to use a net here, but he had gotten away with it this time, and was eager to see what was so heavy. Sonya noticed him, pausing briefly to watch.

2/9/2012 #4
spearofhope

Phineas stopped as well, leaning against a railing and watching as well. "Ah, it's the simple things in life you treasure. Watching a man struggle with a net."

2/10/2012 #5
livinglife

(2 merpeople or one?)

2/10/2012 #6
spearofhope

(Just the one)

2/10/2012 #7
livinglife

Sonya glanced at Phineas, smiling before turning back to watch the man.

He heaved and the net slid out of the water. The fisherman opened it up and a humanoid figure tumbled out, covered in grey blue scales. It had wide black eyes, a thin lipped mouth, and webbed fingers. It's legs were very long, with several joints, almost identical to frog's legs. It had wide open gills on its neck and was thin and frail looking.

2/10/2012 #8
spearofhope

Phin frowned, narrowing his eyes. "That's.... is that...?" He glanced over at Sonya, walking further along to get a closer look.

2/10/2012 #9
livinglife

Sonya followed him, eyes wide.

The figure gasped and struggled, feet trapped in the net.

The fisherman stood over it, stunned.

2/10/2012 #10
spearofhope

"It's like some kind of a Human fish thing." Phineas said, "Like a Mermaid, but not..." he looked at Sonya, "We should help."

2/10/2012 #11
livinglife

Sonya nodded, moving over the fence and going down towards the shore.

The fisherman slowly regained his sense, and pulled the net further from the shore, dragging the creature with it.

2/10/2012 #12
spearofhope

Phineas slid under the fence as well, dropping down to the dirt beneath it and heading over quickly.

"What the hell is it?" He asked, brows furrowed.

2/10/2012 #13
livinglife

The fisherman looked up at them, eyes gleaming. "I think it's a mermaid." he said. "An honest to god mermaid. And ugly one but..."

The thing laid still, exhausted, chest heaving as it stared up at them.

2/10/2012 #14
spearofhope

(The Streets? Any thoughts?)

"That doesn't look like a Mermaid." Phineas said. "It looks like a Frog Person, more than anything. If that's what a Mermaid looks like, then that's fucked up." He scratched his head, then pointed. "It probably needs to breath."

2/10/2012 #15
livinglife

"No one's caught a mermaid before." he said, getting a bucket of water and pouring it over the creature. "Sounds more impressive than frog person."

It pulled back its thin lips, revealing sharp needlelike teeth, and shoved itself up with it's arms, trying to bite the man.

(Continue with the investigation? Maybe they can get some leads? Summers gets in trouble with her superiors?)

2/10/2012 #16
spearofhope

(Going to bed. Seeya.)

2/10/2012 #17
livinglife

(Goodnight.)

2/10/2012 #18
spearofhope

"Oh Snap." Phineas said, taking a step back and scratching his head. "Might want to put some distance between you and the Amphibian." he gestured, "Doesn't seem to appreciate the gesture."

(Hrm... right.)

2/11/2012 #19
livinglife

(Or something else?)

(I can't think of any logical reason for the merperson to speak english.)

He stepped back, frowning. "Well it'll have to get used to it. I'm not just letting it go." He took out a cheap camera, snapping pictures of the creature. It inhaled deeply with its mouth and let out a forlorn and guttural wail, something between a frog's croak and water crashing against the shore. Sonya gasped, and the thing looked to them, reaching a hand out in what could have been a pleading gesture, if you considered the creature to be anything more than a creature.

2/11/2012 . Edited 2/11/2012 #20
spearofhope

(Actually, I don't think Summers should be involved in the Kidnapping case.)

(They wouldn't, but someone in the school might be able to translate.Maybe even someone at the house.)

"It clearly needs the water. You can't do this to it." Phineas said flatly, stepping forward.

2/12/2012 #21
livinglife

(Alright, what should she do? Anything?)

"I'm not going to kill it." He said, moving between Phineas and the thing. "It'll have plenty of water and care, in a tank." he took out his phone.

2/12/2012 . Edited 2/12/2012 #22
spearofhope

(Not sure. Up to you of course)

Phineas pointed past him, gesturing at the Mercreature. "And the Slave Traders said there'd be plenty of food and comfort on the plantations. It may very well be Sentient, that's makes it kidnapping. It isn't your right."

2/12/2012 #23
livinglife

(She'd probably end up wandering down to the vampire club, following Samantha at some point.)

He shook his head. "Alright kid, get out of here. I don't have the time of patience for your hippy shit. If you and your girlfriend don't get out of here I'll make you. No one's around to see us down here."

2/12/2012 #24
spearofhope

(That would be fine. And interesting.)

"Precisely." Phineas pulled out his gun, stepping back and raising it, a stunning and indiscriminate act of violence.

2/12/2012 #25
livinglife

(Alright. She would not have contacted her superiors then. She had been hoping Osbourn wouldn't tell her to do that. She'd just keep working on her own.)

Sonya had been tightly clenching her fists, nails digging in sharply, holding herself back. Her hands opened when Phineas drew his gun, and she stared at him silently.

He skipped back a few steps, stunned. "Whoa whoa!" He lifted his hands. "What are you even doing with that?"

2/12/2012 . Edited 2/12/2012 #26
spearofhope

(That's fine too)

"The same thing you're doing fishing in the river and stealing wildlife. Breaking laws because it's cool. Give me your Camera."

2/12/2012 #27
livinglife

He hesitated for a moment, looking at Phineas' gun, and then held out his camera. "Come on man, I'm broke. This creature was going to make me famous, give me a break!" He swallowed. "You know all the laws nowadays, it'd be treated fine!"

2/12/2012 #28
livinglife

http://dannyartist.deviantart.com/art/Freshwater-Mermaid-284805781

2/12/2012 #29
spearofhope

"You don't deserve Fame." Phineas murmured quietly, snatching the Camera and Turning it around, pausing for a moment to examine it before taking some shots. "Mermaids aren't exactly bigfoot, but if you want to sell these to anything other than Tabloid rags, you'll want them to have some resolution." He stopped, tossing the Camera back and handing his Phone to Sonya. "Take some pictures too, Text them to the Paper to ad credibility." The young man turned back to the Fisherman and gestured pointedly with his gun. "Sell them anonymously and stop poaching living beings. Cause if you don't, I'm gonna come find you and put you in a fish tank for a few days, see how you like it."

2/12/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Uhm. its me Vee
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member