The School RPG
It's a school that's more than just a school! run almost entirely by students, a majority of them, aren't even human! Make friends, find love, fight, debate- anything! Within the rules, of course. All welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Skygate

haha, *ruffles hair*

6/29/2008 #31
Chiisai Shiroi Wolf

Gao. You laugh a lot.

6/29/2008 #32
Skygate

Not so much IRL, but its better to laugh a lot than to frown a lot. Nobody likes someone who's dull and dreary all the time. No fun, and, usually less level headed.

6/30/2008 #33
Chiisai Shiroi Wolf

I love fun! None of my friends can keep up with my energy run-aroundness for long though so I get bored a lot. :( Then they end up petting me and telling me to calm down which for some strange reason works.

I'm sorry for my stupidity, but what does level headed mean?

6/30/2008 #34
Skygate

Sensible, logical, not irritable, etc.

6/30/2008 #35
Chiisai Shiroi Wolf

:o Oooohhhhhhh!

Sounds like artistic18...but she's very irritable. lol

6/30/2008 #36
Skygate

I don't know who that is, and, okay

6/30/2008 #37
Chiisai Shiroi Wolf

That's her username on fanfiction. I didn't want to use her real name without permission.

So if you were NOT born from all the elements then where were you born?

6/30/2008 #38
Skygate

No need to put that on blast over the internet. Plus this is a rule thread, lets stop Chatting in it

6/30/2008 #39
Chiisai Shiroi Wolf

Kay! =^^=

6/30/2008 #40
kittenparties

i respectufuly disagree against number 6

7/3/2008 #41
Uhm. its me Vee

And why is that?

Plus, I don't recognize you... Do you roleplay in this forum?

7/3/2008 #42
kittenparties

well yes and no

im new and i was looking for some place to rp

and so this one caught my attention

so i thought i'd read wat u had to say

thats all

6. The RP is not the be all and end all. This relates to 5. Don't let the RP stress you out, man. Step back and remember we're all just playing. It's a game.

basicly rp is a different u, right

but they would still react the same way

so if something makes u mad while rping

chances are its going to make u slightly mad in real

7/4/2008 #43
Skygate

Well an Rp shouldn't be a different you because then if you are mad at a certain player, your character will act accordingly toward that player's character. Furthermore, if you're playing a shy, quiet girl, and you're actually an outgoing male, well then obviously the character is not an extension of you. I believe the point reamis was attempting to stress, was that one shouldn't be in a bad mood because their chara experienced something unpleasing.

7/4/2008 #44
kittenparties

uh huh

well why would an out going male be a quiet female

yeah if u r angry at another chatacter wouldnt the same feeling also be in u?

7/4/2008 #45
Uhm. its me Vee

Not necessarily.

Roleplaying, like Reamis said, is a game. Something fun; a break from reality.

Even if your character is mad at another character, it doesn't mean you are too. Unless, you were having a bad day already.

I think he also means [and I know he says it] to keep real life out of the roleplaying- so really, I don't think in-character and OCC anger are the same thing.

7/4/2008 #46
kittenparties

ok peeps

i got it

i dont wanna start an arguement or anything like that

but the way I(me) see it wat your character feels it seems most likley that u would feel that emotion to

that is all

end of topic

7/4/2008 #47
Reamis

I respect all views on this issue, and I'm only here to point out what I meant by number 6.

This is going to sound cold and uncaring of me, but my meaning was; all of this is just text on a screen and we all have normal lives to lead.

What is the point in getting angry with someone who you'll never meet? Particularly over something that happened on the internet?

A normal person granted anonymity and an audience has every possibility of becoming an asshole for the sole reason that they couldn't do it IRL.

Basically, I just meant everyone should chill out and save the anger for raging OFFLINE later.

Now we can stop talking about it.

7/4/2008 #48
Skygate

high five once again to reamis.

7/4/2008 #49
Jursle

[Quote]This is going to sound cold and uncaring of me, but my meaning was; all of this is just text on a screen and we all have normal lives to lead.[/Quote]

Says who? XD

bit random post but.......meh.

2/28/2009 . Edited 3/5/2009 #50
Panduck

Can I add some input of my own? Like, a suggestion for a new rule?

How about this: PLEASE attempt to use proper grammar.

I hate to sound like a grammar nazi, and I realize that no has perfect (or even close to perfect) grammar at all times. I'm pretty terrible, grammar wise, but it drives me NUTS when people act like a 12 year old who just started texting. Not OOC, of course, but I can't take someone's character seriously when the post goes like this:

"then i said 'ur the best ever. hppy bday!' i leaned fwd and kissed her on the mouth."

It's a bit of an insult to me to get a reply like that. Sorry to rant.

5/2/2009 #51
Uhm. its me Vee

Perfect sugggestion :3

I agree!

5/3/2009 #52
Jursle

Yup...good suggestion... it's waht a character says, and nobody talks like that.... and if you do, learn how to speak -_-

5/3/2009 #53
BryttanyBabe

ooh goodness, proper grammer should just be common sense.

but sometimes people don't always feel like typing out a complete sentence or phrase. its a good thing to bring that up for reference.

and i have just a teensy-weensy question: does my character just jump in somewhere? or should i just create a new topic for my character to get accustomed to and welcome others in?

7/15/2009 #54
spearofhope

Yeah, you just put your character in the school. You can have them go to a class, or go get a dorm, or just act like they've been there the whole time... just start somewhere.

7/15/2009 #55
BryttanyBabe

thanks :) seems to be that the time difference is just dreadful, putting in and waiting to be fit in with someone else's story. of course, i suppose i can get used to that sort of thing, can't i?

7/15/2009 #56
Clarissa the Royal Knight

Hello, I am new to fanficition... am I supposed to go to the rules first?

Well I agree with all of the rules!

5/6/2012 #57
Charlotte13245

Hi!I'm a newbie (hopefully) to this forum, and have a question. There are so many topics, which do you rp on? AND does the species of your character matter - do they have to be human?

6/22/2013 #58
jodeybro

I think it was said in the beginning that many of the students aren't even human.

(I'm a n00b pretty much everywhere I go XD Let's be newbies together!)

6/23/2013 #59
RinxLenKagamine4EVA

Yeah, they can be supernatural. I have two characters who are Angel Nekos.

7/9/2013 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Uhm. its me Vee
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member