The Peanuts Fanfiction Forum
Chat about the famous comic by Charles Shultz that lasted half a century. Discuss the trials and tribulations of the characters, their various relationships, fanfiction ideas, and Snoopy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
RisanF
Charlie Brown is well known for his frequent diatribes on how nobody likes him. Sorry Mr. Brown, but I think you're full of it; there are a number of girls that absolutely throw themselves at you. Peppermint Patty gives ol' Chuck 110% of her time and energy, and Marcie has done nothing less than swear her eternal love to "Charles". And of course there are the other girls that come in and out of the strip, each with their own pet name for Charlie Brown. Folks, what are your favorite pairups involving Charlie Brown. Whether it's Charlie Brown/Little Red Haired Girl or Charlie Brown/Lucy, it's all good in the hood.
7/24/2007 #1
Delibird
I remember the time when Charlie Brown was in the hospital, sick from an undisclosed illness, and Lucy (of all people) expressed some of the most heartfelt concern for him. She was leaning on Schroeder's piano as usual, talking about Charlie Brown in the hospital, when all of a sudden she just broke down and started crying. It went something like this: Lucy: He's got to get better, he's just got to, oh BOO-HOO-HOO! He's got to! Schroeder: It's strange to hear you talking like that, considering you were the one who was always insulting him... Schroeder (in final panel): And stop wiping your tears with my piano! This, for me, was one of the most touching moments in the entire strip.
9/28/2007 #2
RisanF
I personally think the real touching moment came a bit later, when Lucy actually states that if Charlie Brown got better, she would never pull the football away again. Of course, she eventually goes back to the same old habits again, but it's the thought that counts. Peppermint Patty and Marcie also make good showings. Patty stumbles with admitting her feelings for Charlie Brown, while Marcie does nothing less than declare her undying love for the round-headed kid.
10/8/2007 #3
Delibird
I'll agree that Peppermint Patty loved "Chuck" from the start. Unfortunately, her own inhibitions caused her to say and do some rather unkind things to him. Remember when they were playing "Ha Ha Herman" (a variation of Hide & Seek)? Charlie Brown was the one hiding, and Marcie and Patty were trying to find him when this exchange occurred: Peppermint Patty: That stupid Chuck -- he's hidden himself too good. We'll never find him. Marcie: You're in love with Charles, aren't you, Sir? P.Patty: Me? Me, in love with stupid ol' Chuck? How could anybody fall in love with stupid, wishy-washy ol' Chuck? Marcie: I thought I heard someone sigh... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In the following day's strip, we see a severely depressed Charlie Brown walking away. Peppermint Patty sees him and is surprised. Peppermint Patty: There he is! There's Chuck! Hey Chuck, where are you going? What about our game? Marcie: I'll bet he heard you, Sir. I'll bet he heard what you said about him being stupid and wishy-washy, and that nobody could love him. (Patty looks mortified) P.Patty: Chuck! Chuck, come back!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE LISTENING, CHUCK!!! Charlie Brown: Ha Ha Herman ... *sigh* ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Peppermint Patty really blew it that time. :(
10/12/2007 . Edited 10/26/2007 #4
Three Wooden Crosses
Yeah, poor Charlie Brown. :(
10/16/2007 . Edited 10/16/2007 #5
RoeBoat
As is obvious by my fics, I'm a die-hard Lucy/CB fan...
10/26/2007 #6
Bright Morning Star
I'd pick the little red-haired girl. Lucy has a strange love/hate relationship with Charlie, and P.P.'s personality just doesn't match. Poor Chuck is constantly after her with no success - except in one cartoon special. There he kisses her at a dance and wakes up the next morning. Linus later tells enthusiastically how he was the life of the party, dancing so well and giving 'Heather' a big affectionate kiss on the cheek. (this is the only time I've ever heard her 'properly named!') But after that his luck reverts to normal, sadly.
3/4/2008 #7
RisanF
Actually, Shultz has said he doesn't consider Heather as part of his Peanuts canon; I think he prefers his little red-haired girl to always be an unnamed specter. Admittingly, it doesn't really matters much, as far as these shipping topics go.
3/6/2008 #8
Macbeth2

Yeah, us shippers don't care that he wants her to remain unnamed. But, personally, I like Lucy/CB the best as well.

I think Lucy would get over Schroeder and she would realize that he'd never love her. I don't like pairings that take forever to come together when everyone knows they belong together. It just annoys me. Give me some surprise, and I'll be happy. I also think Lucy, like was shown in the strips quoted above, that she really does care about him more than he thinks he does.

I don't really like CB/PP, but I'm not going to yuck someone's yum.

I don't like Red-Haired Girl for the same reason I don't like LucySchroeder. Someone who moons after one person all their life, I think, will get over it. And if the person they mooned over decides to love them back, well, too bad, it's too late.

8/20/2008 #9
RayElaineFan

I agree what others said about Lucy/CB. It's also my favorite pairing as well. Another pairing I like is CB/Marcie too.

9/1/2008 #10
Catalog Cats

I'm with you guys, my vote's on Lucy. It's just so cute, in an off-beat, rim-shot sort of way.

9/24/2008 #11
Leesydreamy

I think that any girl CB is paired up with is cute. Poor ol CB deserves love in some way. Whoever he's paired up with, whether it's the little red-haired girl, Lucy, Marcie, or PP, I really wouldn't care, I just think it's nice to see him with someone.

12/2/2008 #12
abandonedaccount123456790000

Well, i am a hypocrite on that subject,

I LOVE cb and lucy, but somehow i like schroeder and lucy more. read this quote from wikipedia, and you'll understand. That's just how i feel on the topic. I think Schroeder just doesn't want to admit he really likes her.

"

Schroeder's other distinguishing mark as a character is his constant refusal of Lucy's love. Lucy is infatuated with Schroeder, and frequently leans against his piano while he is playing, professing her love for him. However, Beethoven was a lifelong bachelor, and Schroeder feels he must emulate every aspect of his idol's life, even if it is insinuated that he reciprocates Lucy's feelings. In a story arc where she and the rest of her family have moved out of town, Schroeder becomes frustrated with his music and mutters disbelievingly that he misses her, realizing that, despite his animosity towards her, Lucy has unwittingly become Schroeder's muse and he cannot play without her (he parodies Henry Higgins' by saying, "Don't tell me I've grown accustomed to THAT face!"). Sometimes, he gets so annoyed with Lucy that he outright yanks the piano out from underneath her to get her away from him. However, he does allow Charlie Brown to lounge against the piano, because of their solid friendship. The question of how the unwanted Lucy nevertheless keeps getting into Schroeder's house is never addressed; presumably Schroeder's unseen parents do not take his dislike for her very seriously.

Once, he appears as Lucy's psychiatric partner, and took her place when she was not available. When Charlie Brown poured out his troubles, Schroeder said simply, "Go home, and listen to one of Brahms' piano quartets...five cents, please." Later, Charlie Brown asked Lucy, "How carefully do you screen your assistants?"

The only time Schroeder accepted a gift from Lucy was when she gave him a sketch of Beethoven--she was then shocked to find he already had a gigantic wall-size portrait of Beethoven hanging in his room."

12/15/2008 #13
Leesydreamy

Well, I always knew Lucy liked Schroedor, but the other way around? Wow, never thought of that. But the way you explained it, I think I see the possibility now.

12/15/2008 #14
BubblyShell22

I think Charlie Brown's infatuation with The Little Red-Haired Girl was cute. You could tell he really liked her and wanted to be accepted by her. That's why I like this pairing so much. It's just cute.

8/15/2009 #15
Macbeth2

Now see me, at the same time that I thought it was cute, I felt really bad for him because no one seemed to like Charlie Brown. Really, no one seemed to like him at all. And as someone who knows how it feels to have people occasionally pretend to like you and nothing more, I couldn't help but wish for someone to really like him.

8/15/2009 #16
Lukas Angelis

After reading all these replies to this topic, I guess I'm almost alone, but CB and Marice all the way. First she's the only one who has stated fully that she really likes him, and she has even kissed him. and if it weren't for her loyalty to Peppermint Patty, she would probably want to be his girlfriend. And I knowthey are only 8 so pleaase don't aruge about that.

I just firmly believe in this. Of marcie also loves to rub PP's denial in her face. For in the bully special, while talking on the phone to PP, Marcie sounds almost like CB is trying to make out with her, just to make PP mad, which I thought was absolutely hilarious. However that little exchange makes me wonder just what is going on in her head? I really wonder.

Anyway, I digress. Marice/CB!! Yay!!!

"My tags are low in fat and taste good in milk"

10/13/2009 #17
scooby-doo's girl

I'm a very devoted Charlie Brown/Pepeprmint Patty shipper. I'm also devoted to Lucy's romance with Schroeder. I liked the idea of Charlie Brown/Marcie for awhile, but I decided that Marcie is better suited for Franklin than for Charlie Brown. If you've ever heard Poor Sweet Baby from Snoopy!!!! You'll see why I'm so devoted to Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty.

1/6/2010 #18
abandonedaccount123456790000

I agree! I love Snoopy the musical! It's what made me into a Charlie/Peppermint Patty person! Yes, I deffinately think that Franklin goes with Marcie as well, but, in that time period of the peanuts (the 50s-60s) there would probably be a lot of racism and trouble with them being together, while today it would not be a problem. That would make for an interesting plot-line.

As far as peanuts couples go, I say,

Schroader and Lucy

Charlie and Peppermint Patty

Marci and Franklin

Violet and Shermy

Frida and Pig Pen (opposites attract ;) )

Linus and Sally

Rerun and that girl that looks suspiciously similar to Schroeder in his kindergarden class.

yeah thats all I can think of for now! XD

2/27/2010 #19
scooby-doo's girl

Yeah, same couples here. Except I put Pigpen with Violet (also an opposites attract thing) because he has a bit of a thing for her. And I have Shermy with Patty. I can't seem to forget the day he said to her "Your eyes, your hair, your lips, Your bright red shiny new tricycle!" But other than that it's the same.

2/27/2010 #20
RisanF

Peanuts doesn't really take place in the 50s/60s, though. It takes place in a sort of generalized version of contemporary America. Kind of like how Batman: The Animated Series has laser cannons and computers right next to tommy guns and black and white TVs. Except for the odd reference to Woodstock and Harry Potter, ties to current events are distant at best.

2/28/2010 #21
Anon Fishy-chan

I guess I want Charlie Brown to go with Peppermint Patty. I think Lucy/Charlie Brown would be an odd love/hate relationship that wouldn't end up well, and I'm a BIG Lucy/Schroeder supporter, anyways. Marcie/Charlie Brown is okay, but for some reason I just don't like it that much. Charlie Brown/Little Red Haired Girl is just to shallow. I've seen at least one fanfic pair CB up with Frieda, and there's some evidence in the strips that he used to like Violet in the '50s, but those pairings seem a bit odd to me.

9/15/2010 #22
Me

Timing is where you want it to be; I put it in the '70s for "You're A Friend, Charlie Brown" because of Rerun's birtha s the last major character as sort of a pivot point and also to let my story be in the '90s while allowing a sequel if I chose and had time.

It also let me come up with an interesting pairing for Peppermint Patty's father (Mary Richards from the Mary Tyler Moore Show), which I included in a crossover (and finally got it post at crossovers, so it's over there now.) You don't see a *lot* of the actual family as much as you do character interaction with each other, but it is fun to consider.

But, you could probably combined her dad with a single/divorced/widowed woman from some other time period if you set "Peanuts" in some other time. As long as there's some reason to put her in Minnesota. (Most indications are it takes place there, I think, though as I note in "Imaginary Friends 2," if you're doing a chronology of the characters' childhoods you can't have every strip take place over that 50 years stretch. Which goes back to that point of it being whenever you prefer it tto be/contemporary America. In fact, it's sort of a circular argument - "What is Peanuts contemporary with?" "It's contemporary with the contemporary.")

7/31/2011 #23
RisanF

Hey, it's "Me!" I remember you wrote some of the best Peanuts fanfics back in the day, with very warm-hearted interpretations of the characters while still being comedic (and you're the only author I've seen that writes about Rerun's friend, the little girl with the braids).

Yeah, I don't think people should worry too much about trying to put Peanuts into an exact timeline, especially since younger characters are frequently aged-up to become contemporaries of the older characters. We don't always need cut-and-dry continuity; you can sometimes have greater freedom if you paint your world in broader strokes. Kind of like how Batman: The Animated Series has tommy-guns and black-and-white TV right next to laser weapons and robots.

9/15/2011 #24
Shinigami's Messenger
What about Emily/Charlie, because in the comic Emily is portrayed imaginary so only Snoopy and Charlie can see her. How about Peggy Jean/Charlie, after all they were together. P.S. SNOOOY RULES can you please answer my poll
11/29/2011 #25
Shinigami's Messenger
I uh...never mind P.s. Answer my poll please
11/29/2011 #26
Shinigami's Messenger
I remember that one, it was in July, 1979. Yeah I.m that crazy about peanuts P.S. Answer my poll please
11/29/2011 #27
screak

The only girl that Charlie ever emphatically told that he liked was Violet. He considered her the prettiest girl in the school. They played together, skated together, and even shared a song. Charlie did these things for no other girl. Charlie also gave Violet no less than five candy heart Valentines. He never gave any other girl a box of candy. He gave Violet a music box as a gift. I'd like to think that it played, "Sing a Song of Sixpence," which was their song. No other girl got anything like this from Charlie. It was not a gift to a friend, like a jump-rope or skates, or playing cards. It was a music box, a definte sweetheart gift.

When Charlie asked Violet once too often if he liked her, she said, "Of course I like you, Charlie Brown! Why shouldn't I? You're very nice, and I like you a lot!" Who else ever said anything close to that to Charlie? It may be that they grew apart, but I think it was because Charlie was so self-pitying. If he ever changed, Violet would make a perfect partner for him!

3/5/2012 #28
Shinigami's Messenger

WOOO! I SUPORT YOU!!

3/5/2012 #29
screak

Thanks for the shout-out. I should also add that Violet, though often cruel to Charlie, confessed a few insecurities(claustrophobia, loneliness,) to Charlie on the wall, and even though she regularly scolded him and put him down, if you look over the first five years, she often apologized for it. Anyway, that's my story

3/11/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: RisanF
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member