The Peanuts Fanfiction Forum
Chat about the famous comic by Charles Shultz that lasted half a century. Discuss the trials and tribulations of the characters, their various relationships, fanfiction ideas, and Snoopy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Anon Fishy-chan

I support "canon" pairings, like Lucy/Schroeder, Linus/Sally and CB/Peppermint Patty. But there are times when I wonder about non-canon pairings and try to imagine how they would turn out. Shipping is fun, isn't it? Here are some odd pairings I kind of like:

Peppermint Patty/Linus - Has anyone seen that story arc from 1972 where Peppermint Patty sees the Little Red Haired Girl and cries about not being as beautiful as her? And the Linus kisses her on the cheek and says that she will one day find someone that thinks she's a "rare beauty"? Somehow, the little shipper inside of me can't help but think that Linus thinks of Peppermint Patty as a rare beauty. And besides, that pairing would be really cute, anyways.

Marcie/Schroeder - They're both quiet and intelligent people who seem to have a certain refined air about them. Also, Schroeder once said that he would love a girl who's into classical music (remember how Marcie always dragged Peppermint Patty to those concerts?).

Are there any non-canon or crack pairings you support? Please reply if you do!

9/15/2010 #1
scooby-doo's girl

I support Violet/Pigpen, Marcie/Franklin, Frieda/OC, and Roy/Eudora. I'd also consider shipping Snoopy/Marcie (does that count as Crack?).

I think that Pigpen had a crush on Violet and in my universe she always had a soft spot for him and grows to love him.

I have a theory that Franklin always liked Marcie but never said so because she liked Charlie Brown so much. In a bunch of the specials you'll see them dancing together so I think she likes him a bit too.

For Freida I invented an OC called Richard, because there wasn't anyone for her.

I like Roy/Eudora for no real reason, they're just two of my favorite minor characters, and they need love too.

9/18/2010 #2
Anon Fishy-chan

I generally do support all the pairings that you support, although I've never thought about Roy/Eudora as a possibility until now. I once thought of pairing up Frieda with 5, because they were the only two people left, but that reallly doesn't make too much sense other than the fact that there's nobody else to pair with them. Snoopy/Marcie is definitely crack (no offense if you find that offensive), and I also once read of some site that Snoopy is in love with LUCY (and Woodstock is in love with Snoopy). Personally, I think that Snoopy seems to be the kind of guy who isn't really into long term relationships.

I know that there are some people out there that ship Peppermint Patty/Marcie. I'm fine with that, but I'm not really to fond of it because I think that people are too quickly jumping to conclusions about them. There doesn't really seem to be any other (vaguely popular) slash pairing out there, but I can't really say if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

As for Lucy/Charlie Brown, I explained why I didn't like that on another thread.

9/19/2010 #3
MullerLowLife

You want a crack pairing? I can give you one straight from the strip.

The unusual pairing is...Peppermint Patty and... (drumroll please)

PIGPEN!!

There were some strips from 1980 where Charlie Brown set Patty up with Pigpen for a Valentine's Dance and she briefly fell in love with him. (Not kidding, check out Wikipedia!)

I could see someone making an amusing fanfiction out of that pair. Personally I prefer Peppermint Patty and Charlie Brown, but that at least has potential to be funny.

10/9/2010 #4
Anon Fishy-chan

I haven't read the story arc where Peppermint Patty falls in love with Pig-Pen, but I hope to read it soon. Like you, I'm also a Peppermint Patty/Charlie Brown supporter.

10/10/2010 #5
RisanF

I'd be receptive to Pig-Pen/Peppermint Patty fanfic if the author could make more of Pig-Pen than just a one-note gag. Even Charles Schulz seems to dislike Pig-Pen for this reason; probably why he rarely appears in later strips.

I have the Linus/Peppermint Patty scene on a 20 year old VHS tape of The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. It was a pretty touching scene. The inclusion of Peppermint Patty and Marcie is when Peanuts really took off for me, probably because they remind me of pieces of my own childhood.

12/16/2010 #6
susieboo

I myself am a fan of Linus/Peppermint Patty. While I am still an avid PP/CB shipper, the strips where Linus comforts Patty over her jealousy of the Little Red-Haired Girl are pretty darn cute.

12/26/2010 #7
Poisoned-Quinn

My crack pairings are always pretty crazy!

Frieda/ Charlie Brown- I once saw this in a a fanfiction that is no longer here [ :( ] and in another one. I fell in love with the pairing! I can kind of see it, too. Frieda never really berates Charlie Brown, and is actually quite kind to him.

Violet/ Shermy- Actually, the only person I see Shermy paired with is (non-Peppermint flavored) Patty, but I find I prefer Violet with him. Am I crazy? Perhaps. I visualize the two of them as the "prom king and queen", if you know what I mean. *shrug*

Franklin/ Marcie- This one appeals to me.

Peppermint Patty/ Marcie- I've got quite the sweet tooth for this couple. Excuse the terrible joke. :/

Pretty strange, huh?

6/2/2011 #8
Shinigami's Messenger
OhOh um...Heather(littleredhairedgirl) and charlie! Or Peggy Jean N Charlie even though they were nce toghether. Ps answer my poll please
11/29/2011 #9
Shinigami's Messenger
Violet chuck and patty ( not peppermint) Chuck
11/29/2011 #10
supersexyghotmew95
Well I love lucy and schroeder there like the Courtney and Duncan of peanuts there always at each other
3/10/2012 #11
screak

I agree with the premise of Charlie with Frieda; they did play together at first, and remained friendly for a while, easy to see them becoming friendly again. I always thought of Frieda with Linus, who introduced her to the gang and went with her for a while, or Schroeder, whose piano playing she often listened to. Charlie's a good pick, though.

I admit I am biased in favor of Charlie for Violet,(see earlier posts,) but she and Shermy were certainly friendly. One strip saw them walking together, another showed Shermy recoil at the idea of Violet's mother as his in-law. See above for my last word.

3/13/2012 #12
supersexyghotmew95
Well I like frida/charlie cause she hardly picks on the poor guy but lucy and schroeder are so cute XD
3/13/2012 #13
WilliamL

Frankly, I don't really care much for pairings. Besides, Peanuts is about unrequited love. Having somebody you like not like you back. I never really expect the Little Red-Haired Girl to suddenly turn to Charlie Brown, and say, 'Charlie, I think you are the most wonderful person in the world and I love you'. Because, the way Charlie Brown keeps trying after all his failures is an accomplishment in itself. Anybody can love a girl, but it takes real willpower to survive all their rejections of your love. That's what I like about the Peanuts characters, that they never stop trying.

However, I kinda like Lucy/Schroeder. I always like to think that there's a soft spot for Lucy inside Schroeder, but he's too scared to stop acting like his idol to admit it. And I like to think that Lucy knows about this, and she's secretly seducing Schroeder to release his love for her.

Anyway, that's my word on the matter. Good day.

3/16/2012 #14
screak

I agree about pairings and unrequited love. Although it would be wrong to expect Charlie Brown to "pair" with either Peppermint Patty, Marcie, or the Little Red-haired girl, none of whom ever really expressed affection for him, I do think that Lucy and Schroeder have a chance. Imperfect as their "relationship" is, Lucy does care for him, and Schroeder, if he didn't secretly like her, would not allow Lucy to hang around so much. This is different from Linus-Sally. He doesn't dislike her, but he isn't her boyfriend, contrary to her fatuous assumptions.

I'm out of material.

3/20/2012 #15
screak

Dear Mew:

To use instant messaging, "IM," just go to the top of the screen, under Edit, where it says write, next to that is IM. Follow instructions, enter my screen name, , and click "busy," and if I'm on, as I am right now, I'll answer. If not, send me an e-mail, telling me when you'll be online, and your screen name, and I'll try to email you. I'd like to know more about your story; are you still on it? What's gonna happen?

screak

4/1/2012 #16
Tiger Lover 16 SPARE ACCOUNT

Hi all. I've never tried commenting on a forum, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't know exactly what to do so I just decided to reply to the last comment, hope this doesn't just get sent directly to Screak, I'd hate to bother him with my nonsense. I don't know about crack pairings, but I kind of like the idea of Pigpen and Violet, mainly because I enjoy odd couples, and I have a plan for it in my own story, I'll use it to emphasise Violet's character development throughout it. I think it would be funny if they became a couple. I don't know what exactly would count as a crack pairing, but if I think of anything I like I'll write it here. Hope I did this right, and I apologise if I screwed up with this post.

8/28/2012 #17
storyteller362

I found this looking around on google but *spoilers* for the movie there is hints at Sally/PigPen and I thought it was kind of cute.

11/14/2015 #18
storyteller362
Err it was Patty and pigpen, sorry.
11/17/2015 #19
Dolores-the-Dip

Anon Fishy-chan, I support the crack pairing of Schroeder and Marcie. I mean they have interacted a few times.

Happy New Year, Charlie Brown: They held hands during Musical Chairs

Peppermint Patty's School Days: Marcie told Schroeder that she 'doesn't date the passengers' after an airplane ride.

Cannon pairings?

Lucy/Schroeder and Marcie/Franklin

6/12/2018 #20
Dolores-the-Dip

I SHIP IT!!!!!

6/12/2018 #21
Dolores-the-Dip

I SHIP IT!

6/12/2018 #22
Dolores-the-Dip

I ship it. Here is my ship name for it: MarLin

6/12/2018 #23
Forum Moderators: RisanF
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member