Pendragon: The Pilgrims of Rayne
This is to all you peeps who've read Pendragon Book 8: The Pilgrims of Rayne. Come discuss thoughts and opininons on anything pertaining to this book!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
animegrl15
Okay, I'm intrested in how ppl liked this book and what everyone thought of the ending... I think the book was great and the ending was.... well... shocking. errrrrrrrrrrr..... come on guys... i need some feedback on this. i'm the only one of my friends who has read this book and i need/ want some ppl to discuss it with. So let's start simple: What did you think about the book?
7/27/2007 #1
Mean Titan
I thought it was really good. Though I am quite mad at Bobby for blowing up the flume, and I'm sure that Loor is going to be mad when she finds out what Bobby did.
7/28/2007 #2
animegrl15
yea, i bet everyone's gonna be mad @ bobby... what do you think about mark's parents coming back?... i mean, i don't quite see how that's possible. i kept thinking they were saint dane and neeva winters until the last moment( when they all were sitting at the table together). I thought it was weird that courtney didn't know that neeva winters could shape shift... didn't bobby right that in one of the journals?
7/28/2007 #3
Mean Titan
I think that neeva winter stopped his parents from getting on the plane in the fist place. and mabey courtney didn't relize who she was, Or forgot that she could shape shift I mean bobbys written a lot of stuff fokr her to remember. Oh and I know this is sort of off subject but I made a forum to discuss what will happen in book nine.
7/29/2007 #4
Mean Titan
Oh and by far my faviorite character in book eight is Siry. I even wrote a oneshot about him called Pages. Dodger is a close second.
7/29/2007 #5
animegrl15
yea, siry is a cool character! maybe you're right... that is a lot of stuff to remember. Still though, when i read that part and she didn't mention that neeva winters could shape shift i was like... what??? but maybe the author through that part in to show that it was really mark's parents. my fav. character has to be loor! i'm all for the loor/ bobby pairing... i hope he doesn't fall for that other girl in the next book...
7/31/2007 #6
animegrl15
yea, siry is a cool character! maybe you're right... that is a lot of stuff to remember. Still though, when i read that part and she didn't mention that neeva winters could shape shift i was like... what??? but maybe the author through that part in to show that it was really mark's parents. my fav. character has to be loor! i'm all for the loor/ bobby pairing... i hope he doesn't fall for that other girl in the next book...
7/31/2007 #7
Mean Titan
Yeah I am a die hard bobby/loor fan. I would personaly kill D.J. Machale if he put him or her with any other person. By that other girl do you mean Telello (Sp?) Because isn't she neeva winters so even if he does end up with her he can't be with her forever because she's evil and she'll break Bobby's heart and then poof Loor will be there to pick up the pieces. Though I don't think she's much the picking up the pieces type she'll proably make bobby pick them up and might help him glue/tape them together.
7/31/2007 #8
animegrl15
lol, that's so true!! yea, that's the girl i'm talkin about. and she is neeva winters, it's just... grrrrrrrr.
8/3/2007 #9
Mean Titan
Yeah I know. I hate her no wait... I lothe her with every fiber of my being.
8/9/2007 . Edited 9/4/2007 #10
Arcanum Paradox

This forum is running pretty slow ...

Nevva Winters? She was annoying, but I didn't despise her. She's foolish and easily manipulated, give her a break.

4/8/2008 #11
Bloodfeeder13

I hated how the book ended! I didn't like it at all and I think pendragon has completly lost his marbles!

4/15/2008 #12
Bloodfeeder13

Holy crap!... this forum is going soooooooo slow!!!

5/1/2008 #13
Arcanum Paradox

Pendragon isn't very popular, I suppose ...

5/1/2008 #14
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

It was my favorite book in the series besides Black Water...

and Dodger is my favorite character, hands down!!!!! ^_^

Love his Brooklynese. XD

But these books have been reminding me of Star Wars since I started reading them and in this one, there's a whole entire scene ripped off from Attack of the Clones! It's the part where the dados are getting into formation in the Lifelight pyramid... Seriously, first thing that popped into my head was "Clone troopers!!!"

Nevva Winter is just... ugh! Hate her! _ I'm just wondering... how the f*** did Saint Dane manage to manipulate her?

But overall, Dodger made the book the most awesome cuz he's Dodger and he's just epic! And Courtney was a total b*** to him at the beginning which pissed me off!

And she was also really annoying at first on First Earth cuz she really didn't get the whole cultural difference in America back in the 1930's and just came off as being really ignorant and b***...

6/10/2010 #15
SiryRemudiFanGurrl

Pilgrims of Rayne is my favorite book in the series and Siryis my favorite guy character ((Pround Siry Fan-Girl ^^)) And I don't dislike Nevva I think she is being disived by Saint Dane like so many others I hope she gets her senses back and comes back to the good side :)

1/17/2011 #16
Forum Moderators: animegrl15
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member