Spare Parts
The TEXHNOLYZE Forum
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Shadsie
Wahahahahaaaaaaaaa! I love the name of this forum! It's so... cruel yet funny. I suppose I wouldn't mind getting Texhnolyzed appendages, if I didn't get all those coffee-perculating sounds in my brain for it, and those annoying little things across my vision. I do rather like how this anime just takes the "anime obession" with amputation and fake limbs and just runs with it. Think about it... do anime and manga creators have some kind of amputation fetish or what? I mean, there's the giant robot fetish that's so famous, now amputations and cyber-limbs seem to be in vouge. Cyber-limbs appear in Trigun, cyber-limbs appear in Cowboy Bebop, ummm... not a cyber-limb but a definite amputation thing going on with InuYasha... Oh, and Fullmetal Alchemist - sheesh, Fullmetal Alchemist... people loosing limbs left and right, getting automail - and poor Al! He got his whole body cut off!!!! Then, comes Texhnolyze, that pretty much focuses an anime around cybernetic limbs. Alright, so there's the funky gang war stuff going on, too... but, in the end, the anime seems to be all about the Texhnolyze. It's all... mystic and stuff because of the ties into "human evolution" that the lady Doctor jaws on about and the whole "Texhonlyzed people can "hear the voice" of the city of Lukkus." We really need to finish watching the series. I've heard it has a great ending. I wonder what will happen to Ran. I ... like Ran. Alright, this was a pointless post. It's just that the name struck me and I had to laugh!
12/22/2005 #1
ArkNorth
Hot 3-In-1 oil will be served in the dining car. As for the coffee-pot sound, we can always give you the optional tea-kettle whistle instead... A-N
12/23/2005 #2
Zootra
yea i know what u mean about the robot fetish that's going on not really a fan of it Texhnolyze, in my opinion is a great action and sci-fi anime. The plot is great, i just don't like the ending as much, it's so sad. i'm going to spoil it for ppl, even though i already did by saying it was sad. but hey my level of sadness is very different from normal ppl's sadness levels. I shed tears for the smallest things like a girl loosing her favorite toy or something if u wanna noe how sad or not sad the ending is, watch it. There's only 26 eps? i think
6/3/2006 #3
ArkNorth
Actually, its rather odd, but there's only 22 eppies. A-N
6/5/2006 #4
singlikeamonkey
Only 22? I thought there would be 26. (I'm on eighteen right now).
5/23/2007 #5
ArkNorth
From what I'm told, it was done because the producer actually wanted to be odd with a un-normal amount of eppies. Also, since the fall back would have been 16 or 13 eppies, it can also be seen as they thought that the stroy could not be contained in so few, and was thus fleshed out [h](bad pun)[/h] to present it as a whole. A-N
9/21/2007 #6
RinoaDestiny

Hope that this isn't counted as re-zombifying the thread, but I do love the series.

***COMMENCE MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS***

"Texhnolyze" for me is one of the best cyberpunk animes I've seen, besides "Ghost in the Shell" (includes SAC). I find that while GitS is a bit more optimistic with Section 9, Texhnolyze is more of a warning to humanity when you try to cross boundaries to an extreme. Compared to GitS, the texhnolyzation technology is seen as more a threat even while it's attempting to promote the next phase of human evolution. The last man standing in the series, Ichise, is the only human and humane person left; he's learned through street justice, adjusting to new circumstances, being around and working with other people, and human compassion (Ran) that his life has a sliver of meaning. Not much, considering the nihilistic tendencies of cyberpunk, but he wants to save Ran from all the chaos driving her mad. Onishii becomes disillusioned at the end; Ran has her life extinguished to end it all; Toyama succumbs to his need to be "someone" compared to his dad's bum-boy days and ends up paying for it with his life. Kano gets decapitated and I believe even pushes Ichise to that ultimate conclusion. Out of all of them, Ichise is the only person to die a relatively peaceful death - it just all fades away.

What I also love about Texhnolyze is that while it is extremes with both the Surface world and Lux (aka the bowels of hell), the feeling that it leaves you with once you see the former is exacerbated by the latter. While Lux is a literal hellhole, the Surface world is dead and equally creepy. I actually find it creepier, which is why I found it a strange but comforting gesture when Ichise asked the man assisting him if he wanted to go back down with him. It's little aspects like this that draw me to the series, despite its saddening ending. Speaking of which, while it is heartrending sad, I found that final symbol brought me hope. I can only hope that even though humanity is dead, that some divine being can reincarnate Ichise and Ran to a better life. They both deserve it, I think. Their endings made me tear up.

Also, that last ending song made me want to bawl. It's so beautifully tender. I like the symbolism of Ichise asking someone (I'm thinking Ran) to help him through his initial steps into the afterlife. To that finality.

10/6/2010 #7
ArkNorth

Hope that this isn't counted as re-zombifying the thread, but I do love the series.

The way these forums sit around and linger the way they do, I don't mind the occational poke with a stick! ;-)

Now, the question is, HOW did you see this series first? Are you catching the new Funi-re-releases, caught the original Geneon discs, or via a download? The reason I ask is I have the original Geneon discs, and I'm not sure if the Funimation release brought the full package over. And lets face it, this series is dark - very very dark indeed. And to lighten up the ever-so-dark atmosphere, the dubbing crew created little featurette gag-reels with special audio to give this dark series some humor. Have you ever caught any of these?

A-N

10/7/2010 #8
RinoaDestiny

The way these forums sit around and linger the way they do, I don't mind the occational poke with a stick! ;-)

Now, the question is, HOW did you see this series first? Are you catching the new Funi-re-releases, caught the original Geneon discs, or via a download? The reason I ask is I have the original Geneon discs, and I'm not sure if the Funimation release brought the full package over. And lets face it, this series is dark - very very dark indeed. And to lighten up the ever-so-dark atmosphere, the dubbing crew created little featurette gag-reels with special audio to give this dark series some humor. Have you ever caught any of these?

Great. I wouldn't mind bringing some revival back to a forum on Texhnolyze. It's too underrated by far, which makes me a sad panda.

Hmmm...well, I think I saw the series first when it debuted on one of the anime networks at late night (I don't remember the channel). I caught the first episode and was enthralled by the atmosphere, the dark sense of it, and Ichise. When I realized the first DVD was out, I bought it at Best Buy and watched the episodes. It then took me at least a decade before I bought the boxset, but I did because I wanted to see it all and boy, was it worth it. I did catch the special extras with the gag reels. Some of them made me laugh, like the one with the "paintball", Toyama and Ichise's "gay moment", and Toyama disappointing Onishii with the phone sex. I admit that I LOL'ed hard and that it does lighten the mood. But yeah, the series is one of the darkest I've seen. Not a moment of light until the Surface world and even then, it's not quite right.

10/7/2010 #9
Forum Moderators: ArkNorth
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member