C&J World
We can discuss here everything about our fav. couple... Let's talk!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Clarisse Renaldi
How the hell could he resist??????????????????????
8/13/2007 #1
bluegirl-783
Have to agree with you there! But, then again, maybe he was shy...but it was well worth them getting together at the end! Besides, maybe they did kiss...and no one else knew!
8/14/2007 #2
Clarisse Renaldi
I'm sure that kiss was the first at the church... Joseph was so shy. You know Clarisse kissed her first. What a shame! Hey, Joe, what's up with you?
8/14/2007 #3
W22
Whoa, whoa! Just rewind and freeze! (hehe, had to use this). You really believe that they never kissed? Not even once before wedding? Not even a tiny little short kiss... :( It's impossible. Their love is so deep and beautiful. Passionate. You can easly notice that in Joseph's eyes. Hun, he wouldnt become so 'soft' over that 5 years period for nothing. :) Im sure you noticed the difference between Joseph's character in PD1 and PD2. For me, in PD1 he's much more sharp, in love yes, but not so tender. In PD2 though, he's melting each time she looks at him, he's smiling to her all the time; and Clarisse's character is more indulgent too, I think. Is it possible to be so happy and shining from love just because of walks around the gardens and conversations? Maybe, but not in my head. In my opinion they had something going on from that Independence day in San Francisco. I just cant believe he would wait so long to finally kiss her. Its a long period, you know. And when you love someone very much, it's hard to resist. Maybe he managed to control himself before, because he was aware that she's married to a man that deserved all his respect. Betray wasn't an option. But when Rupert died, everything changed. And I actually think that Clarisse first acknowledge her love towards Joseph in the year she found Mia. Only then he opened her eyes to his feelings. And about wedding, I think that Joseph was just to much in shock to do anything in proper way, unfortunately. She really suprised him there. :) But I like the fact that Clarisse took over the lead and leaned towards him. I think she wanted to show him that she isnt ashamed to love him in public, anymore. She owed that to him. What do you guys think where Joseph went, after she refused his propose?
8/20/2007 #4
bluegirl-783
Yes, I have to agree with you- they have got to have kissed in between the movies. There is something very different between them in PD2....maybe they really began to develop their relationship in those ensuing five years. Where do I think he went when Clarisse turned him down? I think he just went for a very long drive, just to clear his head!
8/21/2007 #5
Clarisse Renaldi
Hi Girls! My pro first kiss before the altar reasons: 1. Can you imagine that if Joseph ever kissed Clarisse she would resist to marry him? Frankly... Just imagine the sitiation... 2. If he kissed her before, he didn't ask her to marry him in the gazebo and not after that stupid 'friendship' line. (maybe he would ask her after a sweet kiss somewhere, hiding from everybody.) 3. It's a Walt Disney movie! And if it's not enough-always the biggest thing is on the end-the kiss (first kiss) 4. Joseph was so helpless before the altar. Clarisse kissed him first. He was so shy 'cos he never ever kissed her before!!!!!! Well?
8/22/2007 #6
W22
Good point there with Disney, but I still think they shared a kiss or two.... ... or hundreds of them.... [i]* hiding from Liz* [/i] Well, I guess we'll never actually know what happened between them, but one can imagine, right? (Of course they were together). [i]*Liz throws tomato into my face*. [/i] Or maybe they just showed their emotions towards each other from time to time, NOT always? [i]*another tomato lands on my head* [/i] Oh, I cant take it anymore! Ok, I give up. They were monks... ... not ... [i]* running off with evil grin on the face*[/i] ;) And now serious; Bluegirl-783, I agree with you. I too think that Joseph went out of palace grounds that night. On some desolate beach maybe? He was really hurt. Question: Would he been truly strong enough to let her go if she hadnt asked him to marry her in church? Hmm...
8/23/2007 #7
Clarisse Renaldi
Yes! You would killed in a tomato war. *evil grin* No kiss before the wedding, right? Not a single one. *grin* And I think he couldn’t let her there in the palace, he loved her too much. *sigh*
8/27/2007 #8
Clarisse Renaldi
And can you imagine that if they kissed before the wedding, they could resist not to make love in five years?!!!!!!
8/29/2007 #9
W22
arm, Liz.. hun... .. I know its hard to except it, BUT.. They [b]DID[/b] make love. *BIG smile* :D Im 99% sure they didnt restrain from their passion. They couldnt. The temptation was too big. :D *cough* I'm gonna make you a believer, you'll see... *cough* ;) [i]Kiss before wedding + love making believer - Ursa[/i] Come to my site Liz. I have cookies. ;)
8/31/2007 #10
bluegirl-783
I'm not sure about them going further than kissing...I'm pretty sure that they would have kissed, you can tell how differently they treat each other in the second movie!- but I don't think they went any further than that...Clarisse was still wearing her wedding ring right up until they got married, so I think maybe she was still loyal to Rupert, in that way. But it would be nice to think that they did...but, if they did, then I'm sure that Clarisse would have married him straight away!
8/31/2007 #11
Clarisse Renaldi
Can you imagine that if Joseph would kissed her she would be so surprised when he asked her to marry him?
9/6/2007 #12
W22
[i]Maybe she was suprised, because she didnt expected him to ask her the BIG question in so unpleasent time, when Mia needed her more than ever, as she said. She couldnt or wouldnt though about marriage now, or less her/their happiness. In a missing scene (welcome to parliament) she says to Charlotte something like: " How can I walk away? How can I leave her? I cant." And marriage with Joseph predicted just that. Leaving royalty behind. She wouldnt had the chance to be with Mia 24 hours a day and Mia needed her all the time, or so she thought. I think that in other circumstances she would said yes, unfortunately the crown was almost stolen and the duty had to came first. Remember- It was drummed into her for her whole life. But tell me. If they never kissed, then why did Clarisse had that 'BUSTED' expresion on her face, when Archbiship said finally?[/i]
9/8/2007 #13
bluegirl-783
I have to agree with that- she maybe was expecting him to ask her to marry him, but not at that exact time or place! She would have, we all know that, but then Viscount Mabrey (being a terrible snob) would have had a reason to say that Clarisse wasn't a stable Queen, therefore Mia wouldn't be suitable as Queen...therefore paving the way for Nicholas...little did he know about Mia and Nicholas! As for the 'busted' look at the alter, I was thinking more that she didn't realise how many people really knew about their relationship...I like to think that, afterwards, Clarisse said to Joe 'how on earth did so many people know about us...we were so discreet!"
9/8/2007 #14
W22
Excatly, Clarisse didnt wanted to risk the crown.
9/9/2007 #15
Clarisse Renaldi
But he used the word "friendship" and not "relationship". (bring our FRIENDSHIP out of the shadows) So I think there wasn't anything before the wedding.
9/12/2007 #16
Clarisse Renaldi
No. She was just surprised, 'cos even the archbisop knew about her own feelings. Those feelings, what she didn't dare to admit to herself for years.
9/12/2007 #17
W22
But you dont have to bring common 'friendship' out of the shadows. I think the meaning of the word goes deeper. Garry really put us guessing ha?
9/15/2007 #18
Clarisse Renaldi
I still think he wouldn't used 'friendship'. :-) Bloody Gary...
9/16/2007 #19
bluegirl-783
Maybe 'friendship' was their secret code for something more than that! Maybe they didn't want anyone to know that they had a relationship (which I still think didn't go beyond the kisses), which was pretty useless as everyone else knew, but Joe was being chivalrous...I think he was that type of man, particularly where Clarisse was concerned.
9/20/2007 #20
risingdancer
Okay, I know this conversation has been between only you three people, but I just wanted to ask something.. Where do you think Clarisse and Joseph went after the ball in the first movie?? Something MUST have happened. Even if it was just a small kiss. And I noticed a big differece in the way they acted in the second movie from the first. Clarisse is less cold and...is the word uptight? Not sure. But she is more easy going and softer in the second movie.
9/23/2007 #21
bluegirl-783
I have to agree with you there...something did happen at the end of that first movie, and I think you're right. Yes, I also agree that there is a difference between Clarisse in movie 1 and Clarisse in movie 2...love had really softened her up!
9/23/2007 #22
Clarisse Renaldi
If they had a relationship before the wedding, Joe would asked her to marry him with something like: "Clarisse, you know I LOVE you." But he never said this word, not when he asked her to marry him, and not before she turned down his proposal. I think if they had a relationship before, he would be braver and used the therm 'I love you'. What do you think? P.S.: I really do enjoy this conversation.*wink*
9/23/2007 #23
risingdancer
I think you're right. I would have said "I love You". Or "You know I love you". I do think he would be braver too.
9/24/2007 #24
Clarisse Renaldi
Thanks!:-)
9/24/2007 #25
pumpkingirl411
Okay, you know in PD1 when the two are dancing at that ball? I think that would have been the perfect time for him to kiss her. I mean really, there were so many spots in that garden, they could have just gone to one of those spots. Since Joe is head of security, he definitely had that power. And I agree with you guys, Joe is really shy, but if you consider how close (and I mean distance) they were, curiosity would have overwhelmed him eventually. It's just how men are (whether or not they are as totally hot as him!) Plus, if they hadn't kissed before that, they would have been a WHOLE lot more nervous about kissing in front of all those people in the church. Think about that. It probably wasn't 2 serious, but I bet they still did. You don't think they went any farther than that, do you?
11/12/2007 #26
pumpkingirl411
Forgot something. Clarisse didn't touch his face as much in the first as in the second.
11/12/2007 . Edited 11/12/2007 #27
risingdancer
Well, at the church, Joe didn't seem nervous at all. But Clarisse seemed nervous to me.
11/12/2007 #28
pumpkingirl411
That's a good point. He seemed totally ready for it, but she seemed worried. Why do u think that is?
11/14/2007 #29
Clarisse Renaldi
I think Joe was nervous at the wedding and a bit... Did you see his face during Clarisse moved closer and closer to kiss him? Like he had to kiss a frog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/16/2007 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Clarisse Renaldi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member