General History Database and Discussion
A tool for Hogan's Heroes fanfic writers and hopefully of interest to the forum readers: a forum for facts, questions and discussion about the era that shaped both the times and the characters in WWII.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Susan M. M

Blame Jake, Jordre, TOW, Bits and Pieces, and Snooky. For the first time in 15-20 years, I am working on HH fanfic again. (I started an Indiana Jones crossover years ago, when Melissa Mastoris was planning an all Hogan's Heroes fanzine, but I didn't finish it by deadline and I didn't have the cash to buy the 'zine.) While I still hope to eventually finish the HH/IJ story, I am currently working on a Christmas story. You've all heard the WWI Christmas truce songs cluttering the radio this time of year, and part of my story is based on John McCutcheon's "Christmas in the Trenches." In the song, first a German soldier sings a song, and the other Germans join in. After they were finished, and a reverent pause was spent, 'God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen' struck up some lads from Kent. The next to come was 'Stille Nacht.' " 'Tis 'Silent Night,' " says I, and in one voice two tongues filled up the sky.

Well, I need a German carol for Schultz's cousin to sing. The only two I know are 'Stille Nacht' and 'O Tannenbaum.' Does anyone know a religious carol, a Christmas hymn, as opposed to a song about the tree? All I need is the title; I don't need the lyrics.

Danke schoen!

12/22/2010 #1
Catalyna
Two carols I remember are: (I believe this is a hymn from the 15th centurey) Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen( This is a popular folk song) Leise rieselt der Schnee
12/23/2010 #2
Catalyna
Two carols I remember are: (I believe this is a hymn from the 15th centurey) Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen( This is a popular folk song) Leise rieselt der Schnee
12/23/2010 #3
Forum Moderators: 96 Hubbles
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member