The Garage
You can talk about BTTF. What your fave movie in the trilogy is, fave character, etc.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
bttf4444

that combines the technology and culture of Edward Scissorshands, Pushing Daisies, and the ASOUE film?

2/12/2011 #1
Phish Tacko

That would be some crazy schiz right there.

2/12/2011 #2
bttf4444

It would be. I think the 1970s would be the best decade to place the setting. The gothic settings of ASOUE and Edward Scissorshands are like something out of the 19th Century, while the suburban setting of Pushing Daisies are like something out of the 1950s - but they all feature various technology that's more modern than the '50s. I suppose we could even include the internet, which existed in Pushing Daisies.

On a side note, I think the ASOUE books do feature more of the newer technology than the ASOUE movie did. Like, for instance, a reel-to-reel tape player was featured in the movie - but cassettes existed in the books.

I think that setting would be even more interesting than steampunk. Schizo tech ahoy! :)

2/12/2011 #3
Phish Tacko

I think steampunk might also be included in there, but that's mainly because I'm obsessed with steampunk fashion.

2/13/2011 #4
bttf4444

I suppose it could work, and there is quite a bit of steampunk in ASOUE. A guess we could even include a steampunk version of a computer. And maybe rock music is created by steam guitars.

2/13/2011 #5
Phish Tacko

Do you think steampunk fashion would fit it anywhere? This is probably a dumb question for me to ask, but I'm curious as to what you think.

2/13/2011 #6
bttf4444

The major problem with that would be with the women's fashions, especially if the setting is the latter part of the 20th century. A lot of the women's fashions were quite uncomfortable to wear.

2/13/2011 #7
Phish Tacko

Well, wouldn't it depend on the fashion? Corsets can be laced looser and to me the petticoats seem totally fine, but I'm weird and live with a costumer... I like the Victorian fashions, though. I would wear Victorian dresses to school alot more often if it wasn't so freaking cold and if I had Lady Gaga-esque confidence.

2/13/2011 #8
bttf4444

I don't know if my opinion will be very popular, but I actually love the pastel houses and cars from Edward Scissorhands.

2/16/2011 #9
Phish Tacko

More neighborhoods need that shit, yo. Mine certainly does. Whenever I take a walk or a bike ride, all I see is just... BLAH! I mean, there's some cool cars, but still.

2/16/2011 #10
bttf4444

Yeah, my neighbourhood is also quite blah.

As interesting as a universe that combines several time periods sounds, the main issue would be coming up with a justifiable explanation for why that universe deviates from ours. That was the main issue I've been having with A Series of Unfortunate Events.

2/21/2011 #11
Phish Tacko

I just don't worry about it. I think that the holes give it character. 'Cause then I have more room to dream and that's what I'm all about, yo.

2/22/2011 #12
bttf4444

bump.

11/5/2011 #13
Phish Tacko

Has it really been that long since we've posted here?

Wow. I like how now we're lavishing the ASOUE forum with attention and completely ignoring every other forum. Catch the sarcastic tone?

11/6/2011 #14
Forum Moderators: Phish Tacko
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member