Interactive Story Forum
Authoritarian forum. Complete Administrator/Moderator control. Nub/newb/noob acting is unacceptable. Your posts will be edited on first signs of intolerable behavior. Moderator list, Rurikredwolf, Bladequeen2000 and dragon482.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
The Prancingfox
In this forum, a few selected people are chosen to become moderators of this site and there they can discuss... something. Like an idea for a new story. They assign themselves tasks to create the story, work out the story, fix up the story, and finally post it online to share with the people. Here are the rules of creating a story. 1: Beginning story A: Brainstorm B: Discuss/general idea C: Begin first chapter D: Edit first chapter E: Goes in same order until story is complete. 2: Posting story A: Can post DURING the middle of the creation of the story B: No flaming, the credit is equally shared. C: Although one person posts the story, it will be posted in first chapter that it was contributed by other people as well, not just one. 3: Reviews for story A: Once story is complete (or halfway done yet posted) start reviewing yourselves in your own story to give the reader feedback if they are confused. Even if no one is commenting, just keep looking at past errors, or what you could have fixed.
10/4/2007 #1
The Prancingfox
EDIT: This might be easier to read. Last post might have been confusing with the words so close togother. In this forum, a few selected people are chosen to become moderators of this site and there they can discuss... something. Like an idea for a new story. They assign themselves tasks to create the story, work out the story, fix up the story, and finally post it online to share with the people. Here are the rules of creating a story. [q]1: Beginning story[/q] A: Brainstorm B: Discuss/general idea C: Begin first chapter D: Edit first chapter E: Goes in same order until story is complete. [q]2: Posting story[/q] A: Can post DURING the middle of the creation of the story B: No flaming, the credit is equally shared. C: Although one person posts the story, it will be posted in first chapter that it was contributed by other people as well, not just one. [q]3: Reviews for story[/q] A: Once story is complete (or halfway done yet posted) start reviewing yourselves in your own story to give the reader feedback if they are confused. B: Even if no one is commenting, just keep looking at past errors, or what you could have fixed.
10/4/2007 #2
The Prancingfox

UPDATE: Due to recent events, we will need to change some rules. As you all know, there is an RPG running on this forum now which has been running quite smoothly between a member and I. Others are welcome to join only on the basis that you are a moderator to this thread.

1: Introduce yourself... Please!!!

A: Go to the main thread, the Pub, and introduce yourself. We may or may not know you. And even so, we will need to compensate and understand your skill and ability in story writing.

B: After sometime of hanging around in the presence of this forum you can go to the Bouncer thread and ask if you can become a moderator. Otherwise, the Administrator (Currently Nafkcos 10 plus 2) may feel you are wholly aware, understanding, and have a powerfull sense of influence and originality, and ask you if you would like to become a moderator.

C: Moderators will discuss the situations and may even go as far as reading your story to understand your capability. Once we are fully aware of your personality, we may either accept you or turn you away.

D: Acceptance is mainly based on your attitude, ranging from hostile, childish behavior, no respect, complete lack of discipline, abusive language, literary sexual conversation/imagery, sexist, racist, (and finally the big one) having the sense of belief that you are superior to all others, regardless the fact that current moderators may be more older and experienced then you are.

E: We are looking for people with kind attitude, respect, discipline, language control, sympathy, good mannered, fully aware of situations, and can have a pleasant conversation without so much of vulgar topics.

2: RPG... How you play.

A: If you would like to join, read above terms of acceptance.

B: After you have done so, please understand the scenario of the RPG and what is going on. If you are absolutely clueless or too lazy to read what's happening from the beginning (I think just about everybody) Please contact the Administrator or a current moderator who may be most available for more information about the scenario.

C: Current RPG in progress, (Thread named, The Table) is based on animals, nothing so far is mentioned anyway of dragons or Spyro in any sense. Please do not ruin the storyline by suddenly jumping in and destroying the plot left and right.

D: RPG is focused on details, please, be considerate of scenario situation and terrain, a chase scene involving two turtles across the continents of Europe and Asia is not going to take three seconds.

E: You are not allowed to change the scenery, unless it is in the script or plotline. There is not going to be a blizzard in the middle of a volvanic wasteland, neither will there be a pine tree forest under the ocean. Scenery may only be changed on notice of moderators or Administrator.

3: Thank you...

A: For reading this very long rediculous rule book.

7/4/2008 #3
The Prancingfox

Does anybody know Dungeons and Dragons? I heard how they had something call Game Masters in those RPGs. Please, I know we're trying to have fun and all but if things go out of proportion then I will be forced to become something as evil as a Game Master. Game Masters are people who:

Control's most NPCs, Creates Scenario, Creates Enemies, Creates Situation, Creates so and so. Yes, I know, I've done most of them but have I ever... EVER... STRICTLY LIMIT THE FREEDOM OF OTHER PLAYERS? Thats right, no I didn't... yet...

I don't want to be the dictator here, but if I need to go Karl Marx on somebody's tail then I will. So please try not to stray away too far from the RPG. I set the scenario, that is true, but the idea was to stay together until the Administrator introduces the new scenario. Don't go rambling about when the story is suppose to take place in the middle of the Futuristic South Pole Antarctica and suddenly one person decides that his/her character runs away and uses a jet ski to escape to Dark Ages England. It makes no (cough) sense!

8/2/2008 #4
The Prancingfox

Now there is a new Table, Smoke-Free Table, which has a different style of playing though. First, it will come with scenerio. I've seen RPGs created where there was no background involved and it always seemed to be in the middle of the forest next to some lake. I'm going to try to draw away from that area. Like the other RPG, it will imply the same, Moderator only rule. Same rules as before. Read Post #3 for more detail. Be sure to read Post #4 for details of consequences.

Smoke-Free Table will be quite different. Since a scenery is already set, yet it is too much to post in the forum, you will need to contact the Administrator for information about the forum. Such as this right here:

Smoke-Free Table: PM -Nafkcos 10 plus 2- for Microsoft Word Document explanation on the scenario and plot. (Warning---Documents comes in 2008 edition---)

If you make a character with a rediculously large profile, please visit the Pub and submit.

9/9/2008 . Edited 9/9/2008 #5
Forum Moderators: The Prancingfox Rurikredwolf, Bladequeen2000
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member