Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Talk about anything Buffy related here...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Writing4ever4God

Hi! I just thought I'd introduce myself and ask a BTVS episode question!

My name is Lauren. I started watching BTVS in season 2. My absolute favorite episode in that season is "Killed by Death." I also loved a lot of season three, most of four and some of five as well as all of six! My favorite characters were always Anya, Dawn and Buffy. I LOVED Buffy and Dawn's sister ship after their mother died.

Here's where the question comes in.

Was there ever an episode you couldn't watch because it really hit you hard? Even if you had watched it once, you couldn't watch it a second time? For me it would have to be "The Body." That episode really shook me to the core. It scared me as well as helped me realize something about myself re: my own relationship with my lack of a mother. What about the rest of you? Is there an episode you can't watch again or one that had a great affect on you?

3/22/2010 #1
WouldYouKindly97
Mine would have to be Seeing Red. I started watching Buffy halfway through Season 5 and Tara was always my favourite. I jumped when Warren shot Tara and haven't watched the episode since.
4/24/2010 #2
Love-el-ly Joy

There aren't really any episodes that I can't watch because they really hit me, other than Becoming: Part Two. I'm a Spuffy fan to the core, and that episode always wants me want to break my Spuffy-ness. It makes me cry harder than all the other episodes of a similar nature - i.e. Chosen and Into the Woods - , which is probably due to the music. But still.

If I were to go with what the typical Buffyite would say, I would tell you that I can't stand to watch Seeing Red. But honestly? It's one of my favorites. Before that point, my favorite non-canon couple was Spike/Anya, so I pretty much rejoiced all throughout that episode xD Plus it was pretty much hysterical, what with the being drunk and Halfrek and Spike shooting each other Looks. (I'm big on the whole Cecily-is-Halfrek theme.) People say it was OOC; what Spike did to Buffy, but it WASN'T. Spike is a killer and people forgot about that. But Spike really WASN'T like Angel - he didn't have a soul. He just had a chip. Honestly, I was expecting him to do something much worse than what he did, like try to kill Buffy and Dawn to make the pain stop.

8/20/2010 #3
mikka18

There isn't an episode I can't watch cause it hit me hard - I love em all lol. But Hush did give me the creeps, so I don't like that one lol.

8/23/2010 #4
hannahncakes

I'm going to have to be a sheep and agree I find it very hard to watch Seeing Red as I just can't stand any kind of sexual violence and, although I don't think it's completely out of character for Spike due to all that he & Buffy had been through, as Spike is one of my favourite characters I prefer to just gloss over that episode all together.

12/8/2010 #5
Kairan1979

Season 7, Empty Places. I can't believe that they just kicked Buffy from her own house, and nobody said a word to protect her, after everything she suffered to protect them and the world. So much for best friends.

12/18/2010 #6
Monroe Kay

Season 2, Passions gets me everytime.

6/8/2011 #7
Laurie Jupiter

Hmm, I guess it would have to be "The Body" as well. Losing either of my parents are is my worst nightmare and it would devastate me. I also felt bad for Buffy because Joyce was a constant fixture in her life and after losing her, she just started spiralling downwards.

7/22/2011 #8
edeaven

i know its an angel episode but i will remeber you ,i cant make it through the whole way its too sad espically since angel remembers every thing and the two part five by five and sanctuary just rubs salt in the wounds

7/26/2011 #9
typ-writer

Wow, yeah, I agree with you. I was so agitated with that fact that no Slayer actually acknowledged or appreciate her efforts. (Oh, not to mention, they're living in her house, why not they move out instead of her?) If I had her kind of power, I could have slap them all at one go. But, the next episode kind of gave her justice. =)

8/1/2011 #10
edeaven

is it my imagtion or does buffy get a little bit b*** when shes on angel and then he gets the short end of the stick

8/1/2011 #11
Nightcrawlerlover

Hi! I just thought I'd introduce myself and ask a BTVS episode question!

My name is Lauren. I started watching BTVS in season 2. My absolute favorite episode in that season is "Killed by Death." I also loved a lot of season three, most of four and some of five as well as all of six! My favorite characters were always Anya, Dawn and Buffy. I LOVED Buffy and Dawn's sister ship after their mother died.

Here's where the question comes in.

Was there ever an episode you couldn't watch because it really hit you hard? Even if you had watched it once, you couldn't watch it a second time? For me it would have to be "The Body." That episode really shook me to the core. It scared me as well as helped me realize something about myself re: my own relationship with my lack of a mother. What about the rest of you? Is there an episode you can't watch again or one that had a great affect on you?

I like the Season 7 episode Help. It features who I think is an awesome character that shouldn't have died -- Cassie Newton. She was a great poet, and actress Azura Skye did an awesome job bringing her to life like that. Plus, I like how Cassie and Dawn became such good friends, too. But Buffy realized too late that, when Cassie said she would die on Friday, she meant that she would be killed by a heart attack. I noticed that, upon realizing this, Buffy regretted disregarding Cassie's prophecy of her death as talk of suicide, and also realized that Cassie was special at the same time.

10/17/2011 . Edited 10/17/2011 #12
l0nleyr0ads

Mines the body also, its just such a shocking episode. I didnt know how to react, I was just so shocked, I knew it was a horrible experience, for Buffy, Dawn and everyone around them. It was just so horrible to watch again, whenever I am watching the season I have to skip that episode, I just found it so uncomfortable. I think of what would happen if my mum went the same way, and how I would cope after her death.

6/12/2012 #13
Forum Moderators: Nijigasumi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member