The REAL SCIENCE of IZ
The psychology, sociology, biology, technology, and many other ologies of Irkens and the IZ universe in general. Explain, theorize, discuss, rant, whatever.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Just a topic for anybody who wants to discuss the anatomy of other alien races in the show. 1. Vortians 2. Planet Jackers 3. Spleenk and Shloontapooxis's race (Four-armed guys and little floating cone people! Mwhaahaha!) 4. Eric the Blob! And anything else. One sample question: The Planet Jackers, is that a feeding tube in their mouth corners, a life support system, or a drinking straw?
3/4/2007 #1
Chairantula
Just drinkig straws. They are an alien rendition of truckers.
1/4/2008 #2
MadeUpFigment
Didn't I make a thread like this? So, what exactly is Sloontapooxis? Is he a robot or is he organic? His facial expressions would say organic, but he could just be advanced in apparence, or he's similar to Gir. And what is that thing ontop of him for? Does it work like an arm?
1/8/2008 #3
Ooh, good question. In my opinion, Shloonk is either a robot or artificial life-form. Why? I [b]cannot fathom[/b] how a creature could've evolved that way. A floating... cone! FLOATING. CONE. GAH!
1/8/2008 #4
MadeUpFigment
Good point, but you'd be surprised how a creature chances over evolution. Do you think Lard Nar built him? And maybe Spleenk programed him, that would explain why it's so hyper and kind of stupid... I'm just kidding. XD Anyway, now what about that three headed species? I theorized in one of my un-posted stories that all three heads have seperate minds and personalities and veiw each other as siblings. Either head can control the body, since all three heads have brains. Remember the cloaked alien too? What is she exactly? Or that vomiting blob? How does she not barf her insides out by now? I mean, all that vomiting would probably kill someone by now.
1/11/2008 #5
Chairantula
My guess, and advanced robot. Like gir. Gir has a tongue for cryin gout loud, and cries! And yah, evolving into a floating cone...well who knows with Jhonen.
1/11/2008 #6
MadeUpFigment
Yeah Gir's advanced, just not programmed well. Well, chickens are closely related to T-Rex according to Animal Planet. Evolution is very strange so I don't think we should get rid of that possibility. Now I have an idea for the blob, who I think I'll call 'Bella' for now. Bella might not actually be vomiting, maybe she makes some kind of chemical that she spews out for some reason? This still confuses me as to why she would do that though, or why she would need to make that kind of chemical. It must not be very dangerous, as the three-headed alien lifted her up with no fear. So defense mechanism isn't very likely. Any ideas?
1/12/2008 #7
Chairantula
Who is bella?
1/12/2008 #8
MadeUpFigment
The vomiting blob in the Resisty, I just gave her a temporary name because Jhonnen didn't name her. Kind ofl ike how you named Seth.
1/12/2008 #9
Chairantula
ooh, ill have to go throw those screen shots. I went through "the frycook what came from all that space" and got alot of unnamed aliens! yeeess. Ill just have to go through that one.
1/12/2008 #10
MadeUpFigment
I admit, there looks like a lot of unnecessary screen shots, but you should keep the alien ones. We need them for reference, at leats I do. Edit: Anyone elese noticed that a vortian's mouth looks a lot like a irken's? Both have segmented tounges and even their teeth look similar (then again, that could just be JV's style).
1/12/2008 . Edited 1/12/2008 #11
Chairantula
yah you're right. His teeth are pointier though.
1/13/2008 #12
[q]ooh, ill have to go throw those screen shots. I went through "the frycook what came from all that space" and got alot of unnamed aliens! yeeess. Ill just have to go through that one.[/q] Like, half the Resisty eats at Shloogorgh's at some point in the episode. And at least one Planet Jacker. It's crazy. [q]yah you're right. His teeth are pointier though.[/q] The Vortians do have pointier teeth. And I believe several of them have overbites. Or I could be misremembering and it could just be Lard Nar.
1/13/2008 #13
MadeUpFigment
I'm starting to think it's just Lard Nar. I saw another vortian's mouth open to bite something and his teeth are WAY smaller. Probably less pointy too. Lard Nar does look quite different from most vortian's, doesn't he? He even has pupils, which is odd for his species. I wonder why that is? The goggles, or something else?
1/13/2008 #14
Chairantula
Maybe he isn't ALL vortain. A hybrid? A sceintific guine pig? Like Sizzlor, he differs. I guess consistancy withen races wasn't a big thing for the char. desighner on IZ. who knows.
1/17/2008 #15
MadeUpFigment
Humans look quite different from one another, so why would other species look exact? I think it's all just differences within the same species. All humans have different teeth, finger prints, heights ect., so it's very possible Lard Nar and Sizz-Lorr would be considered normal (by their races standards). It would be VERY intresting if he wasn't all vortian though. His teeth is closer to that of an irken's than that other vortian (then again, that could just be differences in the same race).
1/17/2008 #16
Sizz-Lorr is the first major Vortian character the show introduced us to, so I doubt he'd be anything other than a prime example of the race. At least, physically, he wouldn't be any kind of mutant.
1/17/2008 #17
MadeUpFigment
You mean Lard Nar, right? Good point. He's the only example we really have. Unless you count 777 but he showed up for about a minute.
1/17/2008 #18
[q]Unless you count 777 but he showed up for about a minute.[/q] Exactly. I think there are more Vortians in The Frycook What Came From All That Space, though. They're good customers for Sizz-Lorr.
1/18/2008 #19
MadeUpFigment
I only saw one vortian there but I wasn't really looking when I was watching the episode. Also, can anyone tell me what the heck this thing is? When Dib talked about those nightmare visions he had in the Halloween episode, this thing randomly popped up like Count Cocofang did.
1/18/2008 #20
Well, it's large, fleshy, and has a beverage addiction. Obviously, it's me. No, it's just some blob thing that likes Suckmonkeys or whatever that is.
1/18/2008 #21
MadeUpFigment
Lol. The drink says Jum though. What ever that means. I think I'll call it Orange, cause when I first saw it I thought it was a mutant orange drinking orange juice. Speaking of blobs, there are quite a few of that species too isn't there? The blob in the Resisty, the blob at Sizz-Lorr's, the blob in the tube in Adbucted!, Orange... I wonder what planet they came from? Their probably not a particulary smart species, seeing as the Resisty blob doesn't even speak, or that Abducted Blob thinks that duct-taped objects count as experimenting.
1/18/2008 #22
I think 'Jum' was just the first part of 'Jumbo', but that's just an educated guess.
1/18/2008 #23
MadeUpFigment
That makes sense. I think I asked this before, don't remember where, but how does the Resisty blob vomit all the time and not have problems? I mean, when humans vomit like that too much it takes a toll on our health. Why does it vomit anyway? Defense mechanism or something?
1/18/2008 #24
Chairantula
Most likely, or Bella was really nervous or afraid. Oh and by the way, the drinking addiction comment thing...hah..that was funny, i actually laughed for real for the first time today. :D
1/18/2008 #25
MadeUpFigment
I have a soda addiction, does that count as drinking addiction? Bella being nervous sounds likely. They were going up against the massive.
1/18/2008 . Edited 1/18/2008 #26
Chairantula
oh yes, then your ship starts to rock and wobble uncontrollably, i'd puke too. D: XP
1/19/2008 #27
MadeUpFigment
I'd probably puke before then. :) Doesn't take much to tmake me a nervous wreak.
1/19/2008 #28
Chairantula
V_V poor bella.
1/19/2008 #29
MadeUpFigment
I feel worse for Mr. Spazzy (Spleenk), he had a seizure while Bella just screamed and threw up (I think she screamed). I remember I once theorized in an actual written story that the cyborn members are more robotic than organic, thus doesn't need body heat or to eat. Do you think Lard Nar built them or were they built by irkens and stolen by Lard Nar, or maybe ruled their own planet until irkens came by?
1/19/2008 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Rethtales
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member