The Brotherhood
Join the Brotherhood and combat the evils of the world!. . Or talk about your fanfics, ideas, gush about Van Helsing of course or simply roleplay with the gang.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
vamplady101

The Blood Legacy Begins. . .

Time: 1896

6/7/2009 . Edited 6/7/2009 #1
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

(can we start this? is there a special place to submit chars? I'd love to get it going!)

6/25/2009 #2
Celtic Aurora

(I think we're waiting until we finish S.S., or, at the very least, until vamp comes back before we start this one...)

6/25/2009 #3
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

(where is she? and ok - can i submit them to the SS Character Profs, or will there be a separate section?)

6/25/2009 #4
Celtic Aurora

/Catherine/

The flames had all but flickered out now, leaving naught but ashes in their wake. Ashes of the man I had loved, put down like an animal because he was different. It wasn't right, not at all.

Suddenly, I saw something move amongst the pile of gray-a figure. Was there something underneath the ashes?

No...there was someone.

It was him.

It was Alexandru.

Only, at the same time, it wasn't. His eyes glowed with a demonic shine, like jewels from the very pits of Hell. His teeth were sharp, his nails like claws. This wasn't the man I knew, but a beast in human's skin.

But it seemed that wasn't the case anymore.

He came towards me, grabbed me, and before I could even fight back, I was lashed to the stake he'd been burned at and a new fire was growing underneath my feet...

"NO!" I yelped, bolting up straight, jerking my feet away...away from flames that didn't exist. There were no flames at my feet, just a pile of rumpled blankets.

I'd been dreaming.

11/22/2009 #5
SpeedDemon315

/Egil/

“NO!”

Catherine’s panicked scream jarred me out of my sleep and in an instant I had conjured up my dagger from my bedside and was prepared to strike any intruder in our chambers. But as my vision cleared, I realized there was no one in our bed room, just Catherine and me. And she was paler than she was ever before.

Putting my dagger aside, I gathered her in my arms, wondering what troubled her so. “It was just a dream, Dame Englen. Are you all right?”

11/22/2009 #6
Celtic Aurora

/Catherine/

"Huh?" I looked around, trying to settle down, and finally realizing that I was in no danger at all. Matter of fact, I was tucked away safely in my husband's arms, the farthest from danger I could be. "I'm fine...it was just a"-nightmare.-"dream."

11/22/2009 #7
SpeedDemon315

/Egil/

“Dream?” I cocked one incredulous brow at her words. “Sounded more like a bloody nightmare to me. Can you tell me what happened in your dream?”

11/22/2009 #8
Celtic Aurora

/Catherine/

"It was something I haven't thought about for years," I murmured, running a hand through my hair, which was heavily tousled, probably from thrashing about in my sleep. "It was...it was about a man that I knew a long time ago. A man that I loved a long time ago." I looked up at him. "A man that died just for being different."

11/22/2009 #9
SpeedDemon315

/Egil/

That was how many good people perish, human and supernatural.

I could recall way back Catherine telling me about when she was younger, she met an young warlock named Alexandru. It must have been him she was dreaming about. “It was Alexandru who you saw, wasn’t it?”

11/23/2009 #10
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Azaera/

-I had been finding it increasingly difficult to sleep of late, and had taken to stargazing - a profession I had scorned as being only for stupid, silly mortals who had no concept of power and true greatness. I stood at the tall window in my chamber, hands resting lightly on the draperies as I looked out on the midnight plain surrounding the manor. I was glad to have such power. Truly when I was living I never knew I could have such an influential role. I heard footsteps echoing down the hall outside my chamber. I heard the door open and turned sharply.-

"I have told you to knock before entering!" -I snapped. One of my little Furies - my waiting ladies - my underlings - had entered with a young fledgling who was sweating profusely. She turned to exit but I held up a hand to stop her.- "No, you might as well stay now. What is it?"

"My lady," the young female said with a curtsy,- "I have with me a scout - one of ours. He brings...news of great importance."

-I smiled and strode gracefully over to them.-

"And what is it, my sweet?" -I asked, lifting the fledgling's chin. He looked at me with fearful eyes, knowing the power I possessed.-

"I've c-c-come from the north. I have news of your - our - enemy, Andromeda Hale."

-I smiled. Andromeda Hale, the Rogue lover. The fledgling stealer. The little bitch.- "And what news have you?"

The fledgling's countenance eased with my smile. "We have captured a Rogue fledgling that has promised on pain of death to reveal her whereabouts."

11/23/2009 #11
Celtic Aurora

/Catherine/

I nodded. "It was him-but this time, he was different. Demonic. He crawled out of the ashes like some beast from Hell, came for me, tied me to the stake and set me ablaze. It was...it was terrifying."

The door to our bedroom creaked out, and my hand was resting on the hilt of the dagger I kept on the nightstand when I saw three small figures poke their heads into the room, heard an innocent little voice ask, "Mummy?"

I let go of the dagger-it was just the children.

11/23/2009 #12
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Azaera/

-My eyes lit up. Finally, a breakthrough!-

"What are you waiting for?! Bring him in!"

/Andromeda/

-I sat beside a campfire in a clearing in the woods. Several fires were lit nearby, around which sat my friends and followers, the Rogues - young vampires deserted by their sires. I rubbed my hands together briskly, trying to keep warm. I closed my eyes for a moment, and as I did so, I saw a vision flash before my eyes. It was a young man - a handsome young man - screaming as if for help. As soon as the vision came, it was gone, leaving me stunned and confused. I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and jumped, startled. I looked up.-

"Oh. It's just you," -I said upon recognizing my brother, Orion.-

11/23/2009 #13
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

Living near a forest had its advantages.

At the moment, I was taking advantages of one of those advantages, by wandering the woods in my wolf-skin, hoping to happen upon a rabbit or some other kind of small game. Then, it would be a run home, a quick bath, and be ready for anyone to stumble through the doors in the middle of the night, complaining of some illness or injury.

Just an average night.

As I poked around in the underbrush, I spotted what looked like a campsite up ahead. I could see a fire through the trees, with several people seated around it. And they all smelled of vampires.

What do we have here?

11/23/2009 #14
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

(i'm working on Orion's bio now, so i'm bringing him in)

/Orion/

"How are you?" -I asked my sister gently. She had been crestfallen and downhearted lately due to the disappearance of Gerard, one of our newest fledgling Rogues.-

/Andromeda/

-I shrugged, picking up my metal mug filled with black coffee.-

"Alright, I guess."

11/23/2009 #15
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

Two of the vampires, a male and a female, began to talk to each other-the female lifted a mug, taking a sip of whatever was in there. I might have thought blood if I hadn't caught the faint aroma of coffee. That made me perk up-I'd been keeping longer hours now, and therefore, was not just living, but thriving off of coffee.

Unable to resist, I crept even closer, completely forgetting about being in my wolf-form, though wondering if these vampires might be willing to share a cup of coffee with me.

11/23/2009 #16
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Andromeda/

"Do you smell that?" -I asked suddenly.- "I swear it smells like there's a wolf nearby."

11/23/2009 #17
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

I had slipped though the trees, into the clearing, and was searching around for the coffee pot. I finally found it sitting by the fire-hopefully, it wasn't empty. I then looked for the man and the woman I'd seen talking, thinking about going up and asking them if I could have a cup of coffee.

There was just one problem-I was still in my wolf-skin, and not really willing to change back at the moment, considering my lack of clothes...

11/23/2009 #18
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Andromeda/

-I heard a twig snap behind me and I spun around sharply.-

"Did you hear that?"

/Orion/

"Yeah..." -I said, rising slowly.-

11/23/2009 #19
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

I froze when a twig snapped underneath me-so much for trying not to cause any alarm...

11/23/2009 #20
SpeedDemon315

/Egil/

“It’s all right, you can come in,” I told them and one by one, they filed into the room. Kasper, our youngest, immediately jumped onto the bed, a worried look on his face while Keiran and Danica scampered over to Catherine before also climbing onto our bed. I held back a chuckle, they were something.

“Is everything okay?” Danica questioned us clearly, snapping her grey eyes back and forth from me to her mother. Smiling, I patted her head affectionately.

“It is. Mummy just had a bad dream, Danica.”

11/24/2009 #21
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Orion/

"I'm going to check it out..." -I said, taking a step towards the noise. My sister grabbed my arm, halting me.-

"No! You don't know what it is. If it's a werewolf, it could kill you," -Andromeda hissed out of worry. I pulled free of her grasp.-

"Well we won't know if I don't go look." -I walked slowly towards the source of the noise and peered through the bushes.-

11/24/2009 #22
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

The man poked his head into the bushes where I was. I raised an arm hesitantly and gave a small wave, hoping he'd realize I was friendly, not some insane, savage monster.

/Catherine/

"Are you sure?" Keiran asked, peering at Egil and I with his big blue eyes. I nodded, smoothing his dark hair, which was very sleep-tousled and stuck up at odd angles.

"I'm sure. It was just a bad dream-Mummy's all better now," I promised.

"Monster?" Kasper asked, climbing into my lap before popping his thumb into his mouth. I gently pulled it back out; we were trying to gradually break him from that habit, since he had turned two a while back.

"Yeah, just a monster. But he's not real," I lied.

11/24/2009 #23
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Orion/

"It's a wolf!" -I said, jumping back, startled.- "He...he waved at me!"

/Andromeda/

"What?" -I asked, rushing over to him. The dark-colored wolf slowly came out of the bushes, and as I looked in his eyes, I understood that he meant us no harm.-

/Anirvan/

-I smiled as I pulled the poster from the stone wall of the building beside me. A large illustration of my face dominated the page, with the word "WANTED" in Hindi across the top. Twenty-five thousand rupees for a reward. I laughed a little. I was becoming like the great Van Helsing. I should travel to Europe to meet my counterpart.-

11/24/2009 #24
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

I slowly crept out of the bushes, and, seeing as there was no other way to communicate with them, I had no option but to turn back. Even if it meant turning back naked.

I felt the bittersweet stab of pain that was shifting from wolf to human, but I felt the chill in the air more. And the eyes of all the vampires in this little group, I didn't exactly miss that. It was enough to have me thinking about darting back into the bushes to preserve my decency.

I spotted a blanket laying on the ground, cast aside, and I quickly snatched it, wrapping it around my waist.

"Evening," I greeted the two vampires that had found me, trying to sound nonchalent.

11/24/2009 #25
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Andromeda/

-I stood.-

"Good evening," -I replied casually.-

11/24/2009 #26
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

"Sorry to have startled you-I smelt coffee, and saw your fire, so I thought I'd just come and take a look..."

11/24/2009 #27
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Andromeda/

"Well why don't you come and join us?" -i asked.- "I've got an extra mug."

/Orion/

-I pulled my sister aside for a moment.-

"Do you think this is safe?" -I asked. She rolled her eyes.-

"Yes, I'm certain. Don't worry."

11/24/2009 #28
Celtic Aurora

/Alexsei/

"I would love to, thank you!" I answered gratefully. "You don't mind if I borrow the blanket for a while, do you? It's a bit nippy out here, and my clothes...well, they didn't survive the transformation."

11/24/2009 #29
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Andromeda/

-I blushed a little, realizing that he was au naturale.-

"Of course. Who am I to deny you that?" -I asked with a shy smile. I extended my hand once he had completely wrapped up.- "I'm Andromeda, by the way. Andromeda Hale. And this is my brother Orion."

11/24/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: vamplady101 Celtic Aurora, SpeedDemon315
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member