The Brotherhood
Join the Brotherhood and combat the evils of the world!. . Or talk about your fanfics, ideas, gush about Van Helsing of course or simply roleplay with the gang.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
SpeedDemon315

(Continuing where we left off in part 2...)

10/9/2011 . Edited 10/9/2011 #1
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

The man approached the door, opening it and peering curiously at Lukas and I. "Ja?"

"Hallo. Vi vil gjerne snakke med deg om et hus," I began, offering a smile to make the man feel more at ease.

/Aleka/

"Maybe one day, you'll be able to hear what I'm thinking..." I sighed, moving so that my head was resting on his chest. "Maybe..."

/Alexandra/

"I hear her too," I replied, nodding. "She's around the front of the house."

I guided Lexa towards the front of the house, where I saw Lady Hedda gently shoving a protesting Fleur into a wheelchair. Dante stood close by.

"I think it's best not to argue with her on this one, Fleur," he remarked. "I don't think it will do any"--He glanced up, spotted me, and looked a bit puzzled.--"Mama? What are you doing out here? I thought you and Papa were sleeping?"

"Not quite. I was looking for Lady Hedda, actually..."

/Gabriella/

"Damn straight it's not," I grumbled. I was still angry with his stupid brother. He had no right to talk about my cousin like that, and certainly had no right to speak to my fiance in such a matter. "Should have hit him over the head with something. Maybe then he'd leave the two of us the bloody hell alone."

/Catherine/

"Oh, E...Elias," Elias, not Egil. "It's lovely."

We had just pulled up to a beautiful town house, right in the heart of Berlin, and it was absolutely lovely. It wasn't quite the same as the sprawling estate that I had come to call home over these past twenty years, but I did rather like it. The brick was a sandy sort of color, sprinkled here and there with darker and lighter bricks to break up the monotony. A little flower box was outside of a window on the first floor, and I could see white curtains in the windows of some of the higher floors. It was certainly somewhere I could pretend to call home.

As the driver helped us unload our suitcases from the trunk of the cab, I noticed one of our neighbors--a young woman who wore her dark hair in a short bob--peering at us from an opened gap in her front door. Towering over her was a large, blonde-haired man built like a tank, wearing what looked to be an officer's uniform. It looked as though I was going to have to start playing my role right away. I waved gaily to our new neighbors.

"Guten Tag!" I greeted, silently thanking Rolf for letting me sit in while he taught German to the children.

["Hallo. Vi vil gjerne snakke med deg om et hus"--Hello. We would like to talk to you about a house (Norwegian)]

10/9/2011 #2
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

The man looked between us for a moment and then quickly nodded, as if putting two and two together.

He spoke to Jocelyn in rapid Norwegian, pulling out a chair for each of us before sitting in his seat and taking out some papers.

"What is he saying?" I whispered to her.

/Marcos/

I sighed and kissed her head, wrapping my arms around her protectively.

"It's alright. This is enough for now." I smiled and chuckled after a moment. "I have to say, it was worth the wait."

/Lexa/

I waited just behind the door inside the house. I wasn't sure that coming out in broad daylight with so many people would be such a good idea...but then again, Alexandra had said that the more people I told, the less I would have to retell the story...I watched her from my place and caught her eye after a second.

"Do you think I should come out?" I mouthed to her, hoping she understood.

10/9/2011 #3
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"He's asking us which house it is," I whispered back. "He's also inquiring as to why we're buying. He asked if we were newlyweds, new to the area, or expecting a baby."

I returned my attention to the man. "Lukas og jeg er engasjert, og vi var på utkikk etter et hus å flytte inn. Han er ny i byen. Jeg Svante Raske datter."

He perked up--I knew he knew my father, and my mother as well. He had gone to school with both of them, and his two children had both been taught by my mother. "Lille Jocelyn? Komme gift? Kan ikke være, kan det?"

"Ja, det kan være. Vi var ute huset på Fredag ​​veien. Hva kan du fortelle oss om det?" I replied.

/Aleka/

"I agree whole-heartedly," I informed him, gently resting my hand on his chest, near my head. The rise and fall of his chest was a very comforting feeling, enough to nearly lull me to sleep.

/Alexandra/

I shook my head, motioning to Fleur and Dante. Even though they had a right to know, both of them--Fleur especially--had had a trying day. This was likely the last thing they needed.

I know you can hear me, Lexa. Wait until Fleur and Dante are inside. This is something we need to talk to Lady Hedda about alone.

[Translation of Jocelyn's conversation: "Lukas and I are engaged, and we're looking for a house. He's new in town. I'm Svante Raske's daughter."/"Little Jocelyn? Getting married? Can't be, can it?"/"Yes, it can be. We were looking at the house on Fredag Road. What can you tell us about it?")

10/9/2011 #4
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

I blushed visibly when Jocelyn told me what he had asked, but I tried to look calm and stay formal. I waited patiently for the man's answer while reaching for Jocelyn's hand under the table.

"He seems nice," I whispered.

/Marcos/

I watched as her eyelids drooped and her breathing slowed and became more relaxed.

"Tired, amor?" I asked gently, stroking her hair.

/Lexa/

I nodded.

Understandable. I'll try to get out of the way...if they come in this door, I'll find someplace to hide so they don't see me and foil that plan.

10/9/2011 #5
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"He's very nice. My family's known him since I was very young," I replied. "My mother taught two of his kids."

/Aleka/

"A bit, yes." I chuckled. "You've gone and worn me out, Marcos!"

/Alexandra/

I really appreciate it. They've both had a bit of a rough day. I'm sure this is the last thing they need.

10/9/2011 #6
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

"What did you tell him?" I asked, still whispering while the man rummaged through his papers to find the ones he was looking for.

/Marcos/

I chuckled with her.

"Well you've done the same for me. I don't even think my coffee is any match for that..."

/Lexa/

It's perfectly alright. There's plenty of time for that, anyway.

10/9/2011 #7
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"Told him who I was, to jog his memory, and mentioned to him that we were looking at the house on Fredag Street. That's where we were just at."

/Aleka/

"I would agree with that. Shall we call it a night?"

/Alexandra/

Yes, there is. I'm going to presume you're not going anywhere this time?

10/10/2011 #8
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

I nodded just as the man looked up, triumphantly wielding the paperwork.

"Her er det. Vakre hus. Er du ute etter å kjøpe den?" he asked. I looked to Jocelyn, utterly lost.

/Marcos/

I nodded and looked down at her. "I take it you'll be sleeping here?" I asked, a grin playing on my face.

/Lexa/

Of course not - I'm not going anywhere for a long time, dear. Don't you worry.

[Translation - Here it is. Beautiful house. Are you looking to buy it?]

10/10/2011 #9
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"He wants to know if we're looking to buy it," I informed Lukas, noticing his lost expression.

/Aleka/

"You don't mind, do you?" I asked, peering up at him.

/Alexandra/

Good to hear.

10/10/2011 #10
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

"We are, aren't we?" I asked in reply.

/Marcos/

I kissed her lips softly, tenderly.

"Not at all, Greca."

10/10/2011 #11
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

I nodded. "I think that's the house for us."

I returned my attention to the man. "Ja, vi ønsker å kjøpe huset. Kan vi se papirene?"

With a nod, he handed the papers over to me, and I moved them to where both Lukas and I could read them.

/Aleka/

"Mmm...I love it when you call me Greca," I whispered against his lips.

[Translation: Yes, we want to buy the house. May we see the papers?]

10/10/2011 #12
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

The man turned the papers around so that we could see them. I scanned the information for a moment - of course, all the writing was in Norwegian. I chuckled and patted Jocelyn's back.

"All yours, love."

/Marcos/

I smiled and looked at her curiously.

"Really? I hoped so. I suppose a codename serves as a nickname as well...I never knew you liked it," I replied.

10/10/2011 #13
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

I scanned the paperwork, looking first and foremost for a price. After all, we could hardly look into the rest of the contract if we couldn't even afford the house to start with.

And then, I saw it--a listed price for the house. Grinning, I indicated it to Lukas.

"I think we may be able to afford that. You?"

/Aleka/

"I always thought it was endearing," I sighed, closing my eyes.

10/10/2011 #14
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

I glanced at the number, grateful that it was the one thing I could read. A smile broke out on my face and I looked back at her, hardly able to contain my happiness.

"I certainly think so," I replied.

/Marcos/

I smiled, kissing her one more time.

"It is," I answered. "Sorry to keep you awake."

10/10/2011 #15
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"Everything else is just statements about the condition of the house--which is good--the previous owners--who haven't destroyed something vital or used the house for any unusual rituals--the price, obviously, and a contract stating that we agree to pay the mortgage of the house on time every month." The man behind the desk slid me a pen, and I took it, holding it out to Lukas. "Do we want to sign and make it ours?"

/Aleka/

"That's quite all right." I thought for a moment, then opened my eyes to peer up at him. "I know this is going to sound a bit silly, but...could you sing me to sleep? I've always wanted to hear you sing, with that beautiful, rich accent of yours..."

10/10/2011 #16
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

I took a deep breath and nodded, taking the pen. My fingers tingled slightly, as if this was some kind of dream, but then I nodded again and put the pen to the paper, signing my name.

/Marcos/

I blushed and gave a tiny chuckle.

"You want me to sing?" I asked, a little sheepish. I never really thought I could sing - not that I wouldn't try, but I didn't want to embarrass myself by sounding terrible.

10/10/2011 #17
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

As soon as he had finished signing, I gently took the pen, so as to sign my own name as well.

/Aleka/

I nodded. "If you don't mind. I know it sounds silly, but...that was one of those things that I never really got as a child, someone singing me to sleep."

10/10/2011 #18
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

I watched as she signed her name. This was it! The house would be ours! I glanced over the papers one more time before sliding them back over to the real estate man.

"Can you tell him thank you, and ask when we can start getting settled in?"

/Marcos/

I bit my lip and nodded, still blushing scarlet from my cheeks to my ears.

"Let me think..." I said, trying to think of a Spanish lullaby that she might like.

10/10/2011 #19
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"Tusen takk," I began, as the man gathered the papers and placed them in an envelope, then writing our name on the envelope. "Når kan vi begynne å flytte inn?"

"Så snart banken har papirene. Det burde bare ta en dag eller to. Da er huset alt ditt." He smiled. "Gratulerer."

I turned back to Lukas. "He says we can start moving in once the bank has our papers, which will take about a day or two."

/Aleka/

"Take your time," I assured him.

[Translation: "Thank you very much. When can we move in?"/"As soon as the bank has your papers. That should only take a day or two. Then, the house is all yours. Congratulations."]

10/10/2011 #20
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

I grinned from ear to ear and threw my arms around her. We had a house! Two days and we would be inside it!

"We have a house!" I said to her, barely able to contain my excitement. "God, Jocelyn, we have a house!"

/Marcos/

I finally smiled and nodded, an old song my mother sang to me coming back to my mind.

"Caracolito, caracolito, quien te hizo tan chiquitito? Si en la arena, te me escondes, no te podre encontrar...y entonces caracolito, te va a llevar el mar...y entonces, caracolito, no te podre encontrar," I sang gently, rocking her back and forth.

[Sp - Little snail, little snail, who made you so tiny? If you hide me in the sand, you can't find me. Then, little snail, I'll take you to the sea, and then little snail, I won't find you.]

10/10/2011 #21
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"We have a house!" I breathed, wrapping my arms around him. "I can't believe it, Lukas..."

/Aleka/

I smiled as he sang, gently rocking me back and forth. It was this sort of thing that I had missed out on as a little girl--my parents had been far too busy with their own little lives to actually look after me, and my grandmother, who did actually look out for me, died when I was young. Most nights, I was putting myself to bed, laying at the ceiling and whispering Grandma's nursery rhymes until I fell asleep.

Unbidden, a few tears came to my eyes. I closed them, trying to hold back and keep from crying.

10/10/2011 #22
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

I smiled and stood, shaking the man's hand.

"We should head back and tell everyone - this is big news!" I said to Jocelyn.

/Marcos/

I caught snippets of her thoughts - the memories that floated through her mind. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips together, holding back the sorrow that crept into my mind. Poor Greca...I knew she had had a hard childhood, but we never really talked about specifics much. One of our rules in our group was to only share what we were comfortable sharing - it set us apart from other telepaths who were more invasive and didn't respect the private minds of others. But she had let this out there. There was a connection between us, and she had let it out anyway. In return, I brought up images from my past: my mother holding me the night my father threatened to kill us...the way she held my hand as she told me where to go...the nights I spent in El Mente's house, waiting and hoping that my mother would come for me.

10/10/2011 #23
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"Absolutely!"

/Aleka/

Images flooded my mind, images of Marcos's childhood. I knew his had been rough, like mine, and he hadn't really shared much. But now, he was sharing so much with me, and what I saw--that sad, lonely, scared boy I saw--broke my heart. But it also let me know one very, very important thing: I could trust Marcos with all of my worst memories, too.

I couldn't hold back the tears any more than I could hold back the memories: Watching them lower my grandmother's coffin into the ground when I was no older than four, knowing I'd lost the only family that ever truly cared about me. Spending long evenings looking after my little brother and sister while my parents partied and socialized amongst all the elite, never mind that we were still at home and needed to be cared for. Being chased out at age ten, with my parents at my back, calling me a demon-child. Being left in the streets, scared and alone and not knowing why I could hear everyone's thoughts. Being young, stupid, reckless, not caring who I hurt if it meant understanding what I was...

10/10/2011 #24
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

We thanked the real estate man once more and hurried out of the office, heading off down the road back towards the Swenhaugen house.

"This is amazing, Joce...I can hardly believe it!"

/Marcos/

I held Aleka closer, kissing her head and her cheeks and her lips as I let my own tears flow freely. As I remembered the hatred in my father's eyes when he realized what I was - what my mother and I both were - and the fear I had felt when I thought I would never see my family again, I sent one message to Aleka over and over again.

I will never, ever hurt you. I understand your pain. I know it's hard. I love you, Aleka. I love you so much, and I'll never let you hurt like that again.

10/10/2011 #25
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"Neither can I, Lukas. We have a house of our own!"

/Aleka/

I couldn't organize my thoughts enough to respond to Marcos, but I did manage to choke a sentence out between sobs.

"I...I l-love you too, M-Marcos." I clung tighter to him. "I love y-you so much..."

10/10/2011 #26
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

We made it back to the manor in just a short while, and we hurried in one of the side doors. I wondered if my parents would be awake yet - I couldn't wait to tell them the news!

"Mum! Dad!" I called once we were near their room. I looked at Jocelyn in excitement. "This is going to be amazing..."

/Marcos/

I kissed her head again, my hands gently rubbing her back to reassure her.

"No more of those thoughts for tonight, love. We have each other now."

10/10/2011 #27
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

After a minute, Lukas's mother emerged from the room, a baby cradled in her arms. She spotted Lukas and I and made her way over.

"Is everything all right?" She shifted her attention to me, and smiled. "Jocelyn, glad to see you're feeling better!"

/Aleka/

"I know we do," I sighed, my tears slowing, my arms wrapping around Marcos for security. "Thank you, Marcos...for everything..."

10/10/2011 #28
The-Sapphire-Phoenix

/Lukas/

"We have some news," I said with a smile, watching as Daciana reached for Jocelyn's hair. "Where's Dad?"

"Right here," I heard my father say as he emerged from the bedroom. "You're looking much better, Jocelyn," he remarked with a nod.

/Marcos/

"Thank you, Greca. For everything," I echoed, kissing her gently once more before settling back onto the bed.

10/11/2011 #29
Celtic Aurora

/Jocelyn/

"Thank you, Mr. Fidotov," I replied, smiling to the little baby that was reaching for my hair. I offered her a few locks to play with. "Hello, little one! Aren't you just the cutest little girl I've seen?"

"What's the good news?" Mrs. Fidotov asked.

/Aleka/

I closed my eyes, listening to the steady beat of Marcos's heart, letting the sound carry me off into sleep.

10/11/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: vamplady101 Celtic Aurora, SpeedDemon315
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member