The Sober Universe
This is the forum to discuss materials relating to the Sober Universe SU. The Sober Universe is the canon material excluding interviews, documentaries, and additional material from JKR.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
ToManyLetters

Story of the Week for:

January 13, 2008 - January 19, 2008

Story Title: Her And Me

Author: Tierfal

Author Rating: Teen (13+)

Poster Rating: Teen (13+)

Class: Alternate Universe (AU)

Genre 1: Romance

Genre 2: Humour

Reviews (As of Posting): 420

Main Pairing: Draco / Hermione

Secondary Pairings: Ron / Lavender, Harry / Ginny

Length: 35,421 words

Awards and Nominations: TML Eagle Award (GOLD), Dramione Awards (Nominated), Dramione Awards - Last Laugh (Runner-up)

Warnings: Violence, Language, Suspense, Some Scary Moments, Minor Sexual References

Author Summary: Hermione Granger will take pity on a hapless Draco Malfoy the day Hell freezes over. Draco is lacing up his ice skates.

Poster Summary: Draco has left the side of the Death Eaters and is on the run. Neither side of the war is willing to take him in; he's in hiding run from the Death Eaters and "Harry's side" thinks of him as the scum he was whilst at Hogwarts. This hilarious story is well written, has an amazing plot, and will keep you entertained all the way through.

Sample Reviews:

"Wow, this was fantastic to read! So refreshingly funny, and a lovely tale of the growing friendship between Draco and Hermione. You really have quite a way with words, and your unique sense of humour shines through it all! Very enjoyable!"

- Anonymous

"In all honesty I have never read a story so marvellous in my entire life. This beats Pride and Prejudice by a long shot. You are truly an awesome artist of words."

- MarikIshtarsGirl

"An amazingly well-written fanfiction. I had to look up several words in the dictionary and loved every minute of it. I really enjoy your writting style, and found myself laughing out loud several times which was great because I was having a really bad day. Do you write professionally?"

- lunaristhemoondaughter

"This is one of the best fics I've ever read. I love the way you write. This story has made me laugh countless times, I love it. Great job."

- Fathomed.Reality

"I am extremely satisfied with the ending of this fic. I love how you brought it round to the beginning again, when Draco first came to Hermione's office and fiddled with her nameplate. I can't wait for a sequel, or anything else you happen to write in the future. Well done and thank you for a wonderful read!"

- Saige

1/12/2008 . Edited 2/4/2011 #1
ToManyLetters
Story of the Week for: January 20, 2008 - January 26, 2008 [b]Story Title[/b]: [s:3867967:1:Asking for Roses] [b]Author[/b]: [u:983353:Dogstar101] [b]Author Rating[/b]: Mature [b]Poster Rating[/b]: Mature + [b]Class[/b]: Alternate Universe (AU) [b]Genre 1[/b]: Romance [b]Genre 2[/b]: Mystery [b]Reviews (As of Posting)[/b]: 30 [b]Main Pairing[/b]: Neville / Hannah [b]Secondary Pairings[/b]: None. [b]Length[/b]: 127,040 words [b]Awards and Nominations[/b]: TML Eagle Award (GOLD), TML Eagle Award (Best in Show) [b]Warnings[/b]: Violence, Language, Suspense, Some Scary Moments, [b]Sexual Content (CH14)[/b] [b]Author Summary[/b]: Neville thinks his summer will be much like any other: working in his grandmother's garden and other lonely pursuits. After leaving Hogwarts many months before, Hannah Abbott believes she is trapped and isolated for good. They're both mistaken. [b]Poster Summary[/b]: Hannah Abbott left Hogwarts after her mother was killed during Neville's sixth year. After struggling with her mother's death - proclaimed an accident by the Ministry of Magic - Hannah turns to an old friend for help. Neville and Hannah's friendship and romance blossoms gradually, leaving this story truly believable. This is a masterpiece and no fanfiction goer should ever go without reading it. [b]Sample Reviews[/b]: "This story is completely and totally stupendous. It's very original and it makes me sad to say that I'd never thought as Hannah Abbott as a character in of herself at all. I love the imagery and the little characterizations hold true the characters, especially Neville with his somewhat cool exterior, but then his his nervous interior. I also love how Hannah knows exactly how to react when visiting Neville's parents, and his grandmother thinks it's ridiculous but he thinks it's wonderful. It paints a vivid picture of her being a somewhat demure, yet very kind individual. Everyone is depicted as being terrifically in character, and kudos for your amazing authorial skills." -[u:1235987:-rainbow-lights.] "Your characters are remarkable -- two insecure 17-year-olds rather fumbling about looking for the next right move to make. And you've captured a Hufflepuff and a Gryffindor marvellously. Love Augusta, too. What a lovely story, so glad it was highlighted in the Reviews forum." -[u:1374597:respitechristopher] "WOW! I finally finished this whole thing. You have created a classic piece of Neville fic. He's never out of character, Hannah is believable, and Augusta is never too nasty. Plus, it was nice to see that Neville is a red-blooded boy without going overboard. Thanks so much for writing this!" -medievalwoman "I'd like to start off by saying how refreshing it is to come to a well written story like yours after being bombarded by all the poorly written garbage on this site and others. Your writing style is truly magnificent - in many ways I'd say it rivals that of Jo herself." -[u:695530:ToManyLetters]
1/19/2008 #2
ToManyLetters
Story of the Week for: January 27, 2008 - February 2, 2008 [b]Story Title[/b]: White Knight, Grey Queen [b]Story URL[/b]: [b]Author[/b]: Jeconais [b]Author URL[/b]: [b]Author Rating[/b]: Teen (13+) [b]Poster Rating[/b]: Teen (13+) [b]Class[/b]: Alternate Universe (AU) [b]Genre 1[/b]: Action [b]Genre 2[/b]: Romance [b]Reviews (As of Posting)[/b]: 913 [b]Main Pairing[/b]: Harry / Pansy [b]Secondary Pairings[/b]: Harry / Ginny, Ginny / Pansy, Ron / Hermione [b]Length[/b]: 191,073 words [b]Awards and Nominations[/b]: TML Eagle Award (Nominated April 2008) [b]Warnings[/b] : Violence, Language, Suspense, Some Scary Moments, Minor Same-Gender Relationship References [b]Author Summary[/b]: When Pansy finds herself on the wrong side of Voldemort, she persuades her parents that only one person could help them. Harry. A story that looks at what could happen if Harry had someone who loved him, someone who would push him, and someone who would back him financially. [b]Poster Summary[/b]: A post-Order of the Phoenix fiction about an ill Harry who is rescued by the least likely person imaginable. After distrust of Dumbledore for all the problems the man has caused, Harry chooses to forge his own path to take down the Dark Lord. [b]Sample Reviews[/b]: "I just spent all day reading this story from the beginning, and I enjoyed every minute. Each scene was interesting and unexpected and followed logically. The characterizations were great, and it was fun watching the children grow up. REALLY exciting combat scenes. Great stuff. Thank you." -Banner "I LOVE THIS FIC! I wasn't sure about the pairing but I'm always willing to try anything at least once and boy am I glad I did. I LOVE IT! It's fantastic and I hope you do get a chance to write some of the stories you hinted at. Please drop me a line if you do post them." -Carms "Fantastic story, many thanks! You have some sort of ongoing subscription to writing great stories, don't you? I like your open end, writing it out might have made it a tad cliché. Yay for Ginny, she really deserved the happy ending." -Maud'Dib "This was a very interesting, unique story. I liked Pansy's parents, and how they fit so well into the Potters's backstory. I liked the House Elf sideplot, including the other place and the Council. I loved Remus for Minister of Magic, and Molly being where the twins get their prankster natures from. And I am definitely intrigued by the Pansy/Harry/Ginny triangle. If you ever get around to deciding to write that follow-up, I will definitely read it!" -Amarin Rose "Brilliant story! Everything was perfect - a lovely, believable romance, exciting action, a fabulous supporting cast, sparkling dialogue, a sprinkling of humor, spot-on characterizations - a wonderful whole. Thank-you so much for such a wonderful read." -Morriganscrow
1/25/2008 . Edited 2/12/2008 #3
ToManyLetters
Story of the Week for: February 3, 2008 - February 9, 2008 [b]Story Title[/b]: [s:3358093:1:When Your Life is an Epilogue] [b]Author[/b]: [u:398222:Sailor X1] [b]Author Rating[/b]: Teen (13+) [b]Poster Rating[/b]: Teen (15+) [b]Class[/b]: Alternate Universe (AU) [b]Genre 1[/b]: Angst [b]Genre 2[/b]: Romance [b]Reviews (As of Posting)[/b]: 183 [b]Main Pairing[/b]: Harry/Ginny [b]Secondary Pairings[/b]: Ron/Hermione [b]Length[/b]: 122,603 words [b]Status[/b]: Work in Progress. [b]Last Updated[/b]: 1-17-08 [b]Awards and Nominations[/b]: TML Eagle Award (Bronze - Ginny/Harry), TML Eagle Award (Silver - Ron/Hermione) [b]Warnings[/b]: Angst, Moderate Language, Violence, Some Scary Moments [b]Author Summary[/b]: The war has drawn to a close and the Wizarding world is at peace at long last. However, after spending more than two years cut off from society (except when gracing the halls of St. Mungo's, and the ever so welcoming homes of various Death Eaters), the trio must learn to integrate themselves back into society in the face of their inner demons, and worse, face their emotions. [b]Poster Summary[/b]: This pre-DH, post-DH story is one of the best fics out there. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were emotionally changed by the traumatic events of the war. After living out in nature for years during the Horcrux hunt, the Trio try their hardest to come back to civilised life but are finding the change difficult. With some help from an old friend, Ginny Weasley, life goes on. But what happens when an ancient curse used during the war poses further problems? [b]Sample Reviews[/b]: "Absolutely amazing story. The best novel-AU I've ever read, I think. Wonderfully written characters, good plot, ..., and the flash-backs give a depth to the story." -[u:1248254:Aimael] "It's stories like this one that make me believe in fan fiction again. Honestly, I get so close to abandoning hope and I come across a story like this. It's well-written, provocative, and different enough that I want to keep reading, while not completely, insanely AU that I can't read. Although it was a while ago now, I love your characterization of Malfoy - he's one of my favorite characters, but only when people write him correctly. Too often he's just a tool in a slash relationship, without the depth that I've come to love in him. I love Ron and Hermione as well. You've written them to a T, and I don't find myself getting irritated with them as is often the case with fan fiction." -[u:1297830:Emmy-loo]
2/1/2008 . Edited 2/1/2008 #4
ToManyLetters
[b]Story Title[/b]: [s:3765885:1:Folie à Deux] [b]Author[/b]: [u:1213120:DailyProphetEditor] [b]Author Rating[/b]: Mature [b]Poster Rating[/b]: Mature [b]Class[/b]: Canon Compliant [b]Genre 1[/b]: Humour [b]Genre 2[/b]: Romance [b]Reviews (As of Posting)[/b]: 276 [b]Main Pairing[/b]: Severus/Minerva [b]Secondary Pairings[/b]: none. [b]Length (As of Posting)[/b]: 68,284 words [b]Status[/b]: Work in Progress. [b]Last Updated[/b]: 2-9-08 [b]Awards and Nominations[/b]: TML Eagle Award (Nominated April 08) [b]Warnings[/b]: Moderate Language, Violence, Some Scary Moments, Minor Sexual References [b]Author Summary[/b]: Sequel to 'Goldilocks and the Four Heads of Houses'. Valentine's Day is over, and everybody is convinced that Minerva and Severus are a match made by Merlin himself. The only problem is... they don't seem to think so. Or do they? [b]Poster Summary[/b]: Set during the second book, Goldilocks Lockhart had come onto Severus Snape, thinking him to be gay. When Snape thwarted his advances, Lockhart persisted. In a moment of sheer brilliance, Minerva saves the day - by kissing Severus. All this while, lurking in the pipes at Hogwarts, a monster is loose within the castle causing terrible, terrible things. They must put an end to the monster's terror or be forced to close the school, but how? [b]Sample Reviews[/b]: "I've been following this for a long time but never quite have the two minutes it takes to review it. I just wanted to say that I really adore the story and want to thank you for all the work you've put into it. It's really just lovely. Can't wait for the next chapter!" -[u:335782:Crookykanks] "As always, your characters are incredibly believable, and I love how you manage to make Minerva's tough facade come down for a few moments." -[u:1319217:Ladybug21] "You know, I didn't think I could possibly love this story anymore that I did, but this chapter proved me wrong. I love your writing style, the power behind the words and actions,..." -[u:1421155:Golden Solidus]
2/10/2008 #5
ToManyLetters
Story of the Week for: February 17, 2008 - February 23, 2008 [b]Story Title[/b]: Hope [b]Story Link[/b]: [b]Author[/b]: Jeconais [b]Author Link[/b]: [b]Author Rating[/b]: Teen (13 +) [b]Poster Rating[/b]: Teen (15 +) [b]Class[/b]: Alternate Universe [b]Genre 1[/b]: Action [b]Genre 2[/b]: Romance [b]Reviews (As of Posting)[/b]: 1772 [b]Main Pairing[/b]: Harry/Gabrielle [b]Secondary Pairings[/b]: Ron/Hermione [b]Length (As of Posting)[/b]: 198,768 words [b]Status[/b]: Completed. [b]Last Updated[/b]: 2-9-08 [b]Awards and Nominations[/b]: TML Eagle Award (Gold) [b]Warnings[/b]: Moderate Language, Violence, Some Scary Moments, Minor Sexual References [b]Author Summary[/b]: A man who is lost in his own country. A girl who needs her mate to survive. A tale of Quidditch and romance, of anger and betrayal, of friendship and enmity. A story of the power of hope. [b]Poster Summary[/b]: A romantic relationship with Ginny failed - and for a reason that will make Harry angrier than anyone could imagine. But when a small French girl still at Beauxbatons tries to calm him and explain things, what happens? [b]Sample Reviews[/b]: (Coming Soon)
2/16/2008 . Edited 2/16/2008 #6
ToManyLetters

Update (January 8, 2011): This story recommendation has been removed by the author and is no longer available.

Story Title: When Ginny Is Crying

Author: Truth Be Told, 13

Author Rating: Teen

Poster Rating: Teen

Class: Alternate Universe

Genre 2: Angst

Reviews (As of Posting): 63

Main Pairing: Harry/Ginny

Secondary Pairings: Ron/Hermione

Length (As of Posting): 62,625 words.

Last Updated: 2-23-08

Awards and Nominations: None listed.

Warnings: Moderate Language, Angst

Author Summary: Fights break out when Ginny finally reveals her feelings from the last ten months. When she goes to stay with George, she finds he's more in need of her than either of them thought.

Sample Reviews:

(Coming Soon)

2/24/2008 . Edited 1/8/2011 #7
ToManyLetters
[b]Story Title[/b]: [s:4098780:1:The Year of Living Dangerously] [b]Author[/b]: [u:983353:Dogstar101] [b]Author Rating[/b]: K + [b]Poster Rating[/b]: K + [b]Class[/b]: Canon Compliant [b]Genre 1[/b]: Drama [b]Genre 2[/b]: Friendship [b]Reviews (As of Posting)[/b]: 4 [b]Main Pairing[/b]: None yet. [b]Secondary Pairings[/b]: None. [b]Length[/b]: 8,468 words (Work in Progress) [b]Warnings[/b]: None [b]Author Summary[/b]: The story of the 'other trio' and Dumbledore's Army during Deathly Hallows.
3/9/2008 #8
Princess Gillybean
[b]Story Title[/b]: [s:3826183:1:The Letter] [b]Author[/b]: [u:1384472:Cassandra's Cross] [b]Author Rating[/b]: T [b]Poster Rating[/b]: T [b]Class[/b]: Sober Universe [b]Genre 1[/b]: Romance [b]Genre 2[/b]: Drama [b]Reviews (As of Posting)[/b]: 450 [b]Pairing[/b]: Harry/Ginny [b]Length[/b]: 75,224 words [b]Warnings[/b]: none [b]Author Summary[/b]:COMPLETE! Harry is so focused on his career that family life suffers until an escape from Azkaban places his loved ones in mortal peril. Romance, mystery & dramatic plot twists combine for an unforgettable adventure. Now partly SU after recent revelations. [b]Sample Reviews:[/b] "I just wanted to leave you a note to say that this was an amazing story and I found the ending to be particularly beautiful. You are an amazing writer and I hope to see more from you :)" -anon "I can certainly see this story as a labor of love. It’s a story worthy of J.K. Rowling. * The plot was well though out (and executed). * There was a good level of humor - without being silly. * There was a good use of romance – that wasn’t too…melodramatic. * There was a great use of drama – that kept me entertained. * And a great mystery that made me want to read more. Well done." -Tom Kristal "I love the emotion you've touched on in the first few paragraphs, with the desperation to find their kids, the relief, the warmth of hearts. I also adore the way you've characterised James, he actually reminds me a lot of Ron in your fic, especially when he tries to embellish the truth. The best thing about this entire fic I have to say, coming near the end, is that you portray families and their ties and bonds so well. If you ever write another fic, can you please PM or something, because you write so damn well?" -Cuban Sombrero Gal
3/16/2008 . Edited by ToManyLetters, 3/16/2008 #9
ToManyLetters

Story Title: Delicate

Author: SaoirseAngel

Author Rating: T

Poster Rating: T

Reviews (As of Posting): 1406

Pairing: Harry/Hermione

Length: 258,140

Warnings: none

Author Summary: Harry is sick and tired of always being kept in the dark, of being lied to, of being Protected. He's had enough and he's going to take control of his life. Takes place at the summer before sixth year. HHR. Slight HBP spoilers.

Poster Summary: This magnificently-crafted pre-Deathly Hallows masterpiece never ceases to amaze as one ventures through its chapters. Though its length is great, it is absolutely worth a read. What happens when Harry and Hermione adopt a child who witnessed her parent's murders - and they were the only there to help her - her last hope, for a life without her parents? A truly gripping and fantastical piece. Nominated for the July 2008 TML Eagle Awards.

3/29/2008 . Edited 3/29/2008 #10
ToManyLetters

Story Title: Need

Author: Ilovefanfics1

Author Rating: M

Poster Rating: M

Genre 2: Drama

Reviews (As of Posting): 532

Pairing: Harry/Ginny

Length: 168,351

Awards and Nominations: TML Eagle Award (April 08)

Warnings: Language, Violence, Some Scary Moments, Sexual References

Author Summary: Their nightmares and demons bound them together. Their love helped them to survive. Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley knew they needed each other the trouble was in admitting it.

Poster Summary: An alternate universe interpretation of how Harry and Ginny got together. Quite well written and generally more believable than canon's rendition.

4/5/2008 . Edited 4/5/2008 #11
ToManyLetters

Story Title: The Murder of Emmeline Vance

Author: DailyProphetEditor

Poster Rating: T+

Genre 1: General

Reviews (As of Posting): 11

Pairing: Non-Pairing

Length: 3,414

Awards and Nominations: TML Bronze Eagle Award (April 08, Non-Pairing)

Warnings: Language, Violence, Some Scary Moments, Character Death

Author Summary: So if Snape really is responsible for the capture and murder of Emmeline Vance, does that not mean that he IS evil after all? My take on what could have happened just before JKR's HBP.

4/11/2008 . Edited 4/11/2008 #12
ToManyLetters

Story Title: In the Words of Ginevra Molly Potter

Author: thejealousone

Class: Sober Universe

Genre 2: None

Reviews (As of Posting): 890

Pairing: Harry/Ginny

Length: 210,407

Author Summary: The Autobiography of Ginny Weasley. Her point of view from book one to book seven and beyond, complete with missing moments and everything.

7/19/2010 #13
ToManyLetters

Story Title: True Love Never Did

Author: Realmer06

Genre 2: None

Reviews (As of Posting): 137

Pairing: Ron/Hermione

Length: 5,305

Author Summary: She kissed him, so by all rights, that should mean all the tension has been resolved. Unfortunately, when you're talking about Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, things are never quite that simple.

7/26/2010 . Edited 7/26/2010 #14
ToManyLetters

Story Title: I'll Save You Some Pudding!

Author: Dragonflies

Author Rating: K+

Genre 2: Humour

Reviews (As of Posting): 10

Pairing: Neville/Luna

Length: 3,286

Author Summary: Clumsy, bumbling, adorable Neville Longbottom loves to take early morning walks alone around the Hogwarts grounds. He doesn't know it yet, but on this particular morning, Luna will join him

8/1/2010 #15
ToManyLetters

Story Title: Il faut que je t'aime

Author: Bad Mum

Reviews (As of Posting): 1,019

Pairing: Bill/Fleur

Length (As of Posting): 27,713

Author Summary: Bill and Fleur. 75 prompts. For the Aboard the Love Boat Challenge.

8/9/2010 #16
ToManyLetters

Story Title: The Sound of His Voice

Author: C. Fireball

Class: Pre-HBP Canon Compliant

Reviews (As of Posting): 31

Pairing: Ron/Hermione

Length: 5,166

Author Summary: Hermione does a favour for Harry when he's out of town, while there she inadvertently overhears a conversation that irrevocably changes her life.

8/15/2010 #17
ToManyLetters

Story Title: Happily Ever After

Author: Jeconais

Author Rating: Teens +

Genre 1: Comedy

Genre 2: Fluff

Reviews (As of Posting): 809

Pairing: Harry/Gabrielle

Length: 85,148

Author Summary: If you sit very quietly, I'll tell you the real story of a Prince and his Princess, and how they changed the world.

Link:

8/22/2010 #18
ToManyLetters

Story Title: I Loved You Once

Author: silvermisery

Author Rating: Teen

Genre 2: Agnst

Reviews (As of Posting): 9

Pairing: Draco/Hermione

Length: 1,306

Author Summary: Draco offers Hermione a chance at salvation...but can she take it?

8/29/2010 #19
Respitini

So, I get this PM from TML earlier today. It reads something like this:

Hey, Christopher: I'd like all the mods to rotate doing the Story of the Week, and you're up first! Best of luck, kid!

I'm paraphrasing, obviously. But anyway, here's my pick for The Sober Universe Story Of The Week for 6-13 September, 2010.

Story Title: Oh God Not Again!

Author: Sarah1281

Class: Sober Universe, EWE (Epilogue, What Epilogue?)

Genre 1: Parody

Genre 2: Crack

Reviews (As of Posting): 6,658

Pairing: Canon pairings

Length: 50 chapters, 170k words. It's a day-killer.

Author Summary: So maybe everything didn't work out perfectly for Harry. Still, most of his friends survived, he'd gotten married, and was about to become a father. If only he'd have stayed away from the Veil, he wouldn't have had to go back and do everything AGAIN.

OMG. Really. It's a crack parody of the "Harry gets sent back in time" stories. But unlike those, the war went down just like in canon. Harry's a snarky 23 year old man who's been through hell, and now he wants to have a little fun while actually having a childhood. Oh, what a lovely, lovely read.

9/6/2010 . Edited 9/6/2010 #20
Bad Mum

Okay, it's my turn... Sorry I'm a day late. Blessed real life getting in the way again.

Story Title:Tooth_and_Claw

Author: Solstice_Muse

Rating: T

Class: Fits with canon, more or less. Set during DH.

Genre Angst/Hurt/Comfort

Reviews (As of Posting): 17

Pairing: Fred, George and Ron sibling fic with appearances by Bill and Fleur, Charlie (briefly), Lee and Remus

Length: Oneshot, 9000 words ish

Author Summary: Fred and George are evading Snatchers when they bump into Ron, doing the same only worse. Their disguise causes more trouble than it's worth, however. Sibling Gen fic with the brothers

And why you should read it? Quoting my own review here... This is just utterly utterly fabulous. It's funny and poignant and sad all at once and I totally love it. I have no idea about the film, but that doesn't matter; I love this fic! Sorry - try and be coherent here! I love your characterisation, and the detail of the twin's transformation. And I adore your Bill (and I am the world's biggest Bill fangirl, despite how old I am). And the brotherly relationships (even the tiny appearance by Charlie) are just perfect. Favouriting this, and recommending it all over the place...

9/14/2010 . Edited 9/14/2010 #21
mackgirl

Sorry it took so long, I've been really busy lately.

Story Title: In the End We'll Smile

Author: EverythingIsMagic

Rating: K+

Class: Fits with canon, more or less. Set shortly after DH.

Genre: Family/Drama

Reviews (As of Posting): 26

Pairing: George and Ron brother fic

Length: Oneshot, 2,700 words

Author Summary: Although he knew it wasn't true, he felt like if George Weasley could not laugh, tell jokes, and be happy, then maybe no one could.

Why you should read it: This is a short one-shot but well worth the read. It does a nice job at tying up lose ends left by JKR in DH, while keeping the focus on George and Ron. If you tear up easily be prepared to have tissues on hand.

9/28/2010 #22
ToManyLetters

Story Title: Anymore

Author: FirstYear

Rating: K+

SU SotW Rating: K+

Genre: Drama

Reviews (As of Posting): 6

Main Pairing: Ron/Hermione friendship

Secondary Pairings: Ron/OC

Length (As of Posting): Oneshot, 998 words

Author Summary: Ron learns a lesson he would rather have missed.

Last Updated: Not Applicable.

Warnings: None.

1/30/2011 . Edited 1/30/2011 #23
Respitini

Story Title: Browncoat, Green Eyes

Author: nonjon

Rating: He gives it an M. I'd give it a T. It's totally work/mom safe.

Class: Alternate Universe / Crossover (Firefly)

Genre: Adventure

Reviews: 3,486

Pairings: Not really the focus, but Harry/Luna, Harry/River, Canonical Firefly pairings and USTings

Length: This one's got length for days. 293K over 39 chapters

If you're not familiar with Firefly, this story builds those characters in a way that you'll want to get familiar with it. If you're a fan of Firefly (and many of you are), this is an absolute must-read. I'm a nonjon fanboy to begin with, but this is spectacular even by his lofty standards. All of the characters are spot-on, the OCs are natural and vibrant, and the plot is expertly laid out. Can't recommend this one enough - it's a "OMG is it really 3:30?" type of get lost in a story story.

2/9/2011 #24
Bad Mum

Story Title: Carnival of Dark and Dangerous Creatures

Author: DragonDi

Rating: Author gives it an M. SU rating also M - no sex, but a fiar amount of nasty violence, pain and gore.

Class: Mostly canon- compliant. Set after Voldemort's first defeat and prior to Philosopher's Stone.

Genre: Drama/Angst (and believe me, there is a lot of both!)

Reviews: 262

Pairings: No pairings, though maybe a hint of Remus/Sirius. Main character remus Lupin. Also Albus Dumbledore, Alastor Moody, Severus Snape, Poppy Pomfrey, Sirius Black.

Length: 32 chapters, around 175 000 words

Warnings: As I said above, some pretty explicit violence and gore.

Author summary: Four years ago, Remus Lupin lost his friends to death and betrayal. Now he finds himself betrayed once more, and in a place where death may very well be preferred. Winner of the 2009 Hourglass Awards Admin's Choice Award for Drama at The Unknowable Room

My review to the final chapter says that this is one of the best fanfics I have ever read, and I still think that. Excellent character development and a good plot. I adore this story.

2/13/2011 #25
ToManyLetters

Story of the Week taken from Mackgirl's Favourites.

Story Title: The Photograph

Author: confessions.of.katijane

Author Rating: K

SU SotW Rating: K

Class: CC

Genres: Romance/Angst

Reviews (As of Posting): 24

Main Pairing: Fred/Katie

Length (As of Posting): 691 words.

Author Summary: Years later, Katie still can't let go.

2/24/2011 #26
Rita Arabella Black

Story of the Week: 6 March - 12 March, 2011

Story Title: Memories Found

Author: nairiefairie

Author rating: K+

Poster rating: K+

Class: AU

Genre: Hurt/Comfort

Reviews: 13

Main Pairing: Sirius/OC

Secondary Pairing: Harry Potter/OC

Length: 9766 words 5 Chapters

Awards & Nominations: None that I'm aware.

Warnings: Mild language, minor scary moment, character death

Author's summary: Only in death is the truth revealed.What happened to Sirius's family that fateful night? Sequel to Rita Arabella Black's Memories Not Lost (yes, this is shameless self promotion! But nairefaire's is a very, very good story).

Poster Summary: The story continues after the death James and Lily Potter and what happened after the confrontation with Peter Pettigrew. Sirius believed his wife and baby daughter were murdered by Pettigrew and he never lived to know the real truth. Harry finds out what really happened and his life is changed forever.

Sample Reviews:

"My dear friend, I love this story. I cried again as I read the final chapter. Thank you for writing this beautiful story."-- Rita Arabella Black

"...(S)ounds interesting and it seems like it has a nice plot- though i can't wait for more- need to know what the tape says! Need to know!-- Dawn96

"Well done. A nice twist on the "other ending" - Harry with Ginny"-- Rhon du Gail

3/10/2011 . Edited by ToManyLetters, 3/10/2011 #27
Love From A Muggle

Story of the week for:

March 13, 2011- March 19,2011

Story Title: Living_Laughing_Loving

Author: LizzieBeth91

Author Rating: K

Poster Rating: K

Class: Canon

Genera 1: Romance

Genera 2: Family

Reviews as of posting: 19

Main Paring: Ron/Hermione

Secondary Parings: Harry/Ginny,

Length: 9,415 words so far

Awards and Nomidations: none so far

Warnings: it's sad at some parts, but it gets better

Autor Summary: The missing 19 years told from the perspectives of Ron and Hermione. Starting just after the battle and coninuing on.

Poster Summary: After the battle their lives change. Ron and Hermione figure out who they are as a couple, and where they stand in the world.

Sample Reviews:

HermioneRon13 Amazing! I couldn't take my eyes off of it :) Great job keep up the good work!

hollyweasleyxoxoxo aw! this story is amazing ! pease update soonHollyBurrows101

mclaughlin This story is one the best I have read so far. Please don't take too long to update as I will be waiting in anticipation for the next installment. I always had a feeling that Dumbledore was a manipulative Wizard/Prat in more ways than one. I knew there had to be a plausible reason for Percy abandoning his family besides his move for promotion within the Ministry, and as we all know the Weasley's are all about protecting 'family.' So Percy being persuaded to lie to his family in order to spy for Dumbledore sounds right. I am pleased that Dumbledore is getting a tongue lashing from the family that he almost and in some ways was responsible for almost falling apart and his excuses are a bit pathetic but then being the manipulative Wizard he is trys to either blame others or simply feigns ignorance. Either way I LOVE IT! Enough of my long review keep going the story - PLEASE!

3/15/2011 #28
ToManyLetters

Story of the Week for the week of March 20th.

Story Title: The Librarian

Author: InMyJazzShoes

SU SotW Rating: M

Genres: Drama / Romance

Reviews (As of Posting): 213

Main Pairing: Harry Potter/Hermione Granger

Length (As of Posting): 41256 words.

Last Updated: 1 January 2011

Warnings: Mature Content.

Author Summary: After taking a stand and leaving Harry and Ron, all Hermione Granger wants is a quiet life away from the Ministry, and so she applies to become the new Hogwarts librarian. The only problem is that Harry applied to work at Hogwarts as well...

3/20/2011 #29
Forum Moderators: ToManyLetters
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member