The Lion King Official RPG Forum
If you love The Lion King and love role play, this is the forum for you! Every effort will be made to keep the forum updated. Lots of player spots open. Come join the Pridelands or Outlands fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
FiliaFlammae
Thread starter: Alyssalioness94 It seemed like an ordinary, sunny day in the Pridelands. Prime conditions for cubs to have fun together. Kiara'd never seen any other cubs around the Pridelands, though, so she always had to make fun for herself. Assuming she could get away from the watchful eyes of her father, Zazu, Timon and Pumbaa, of course.
1/13/2008 . Edited 2/22/2008 #1
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
One day, litle Kiara had managed to get out of Timon and Pumbaa's watch, as usual, and went off to explore. She suddenly fell and rolled down into a ditch. "Well, that hurt" she said, then heard a geyser explode. She looked up, climbed up to the other side and saw...The Elephant Graveyard!
1/13/2008 #2
FiliaFlammae
As she stared at the huge elephant skull in front of her, she suddenly heard voices coming from its depths. "Didja hear something, guys?" one rough voice mused. "I think I did..." came a second voice, which sounded feminine. "How about you, Ed?" An insane, cooky, haunting laugh echoed out to Kiara. She shuddered. "Okay, then, we'll check it out," said the second voice. "But who would be here?" the first voice grumbled. Three strange creatures appeared, crawling out of the skull from the gap underneath the tusks. Though she'd never seen these animals before, Kiara could guess what they were: hyenas!
1/13/2008 #3
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
Kiara backed up as far as she could away from them but was too scared to even run.
1/14/2008 . Edited 1/14/2008 #4
FiliaFlammae
"Well, well, well," the female hyena, Shenzi, muttered. "Been a while since we last saw lion cubs, eh, Banzai?" "Boy, I remember that day like it was yesterday," Banzai growled, eyeing Kiara curiously. "Funny. She looks awfully like them, too. Whatcha say your name was, missy?"
1/14/2008 #5
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"I'm...Kiara" the little princess stuttered, more scared than confused. Could these be the hyenas her father told her about? It felt like she was about to have a headache just trying remember.
1/14/2008 #6
FiliaFlammae
Shenzi chuckled. "You do know this is hyena territory, I'm sure. Where are your parents? Would they like it if they knew their cub was here all alooooone?" "Man, I'm gettin' hungry just thinkin' about it," Banzai muttered. The three hyenas were now circling Kiara menacingly. "Wouldn't it be weird if her parents WERE those same two cubs? I still say she looks awfully like them." "Oh, think how sad they'd be if their kid met the same fate that they almost did..." Shenzi hissed. Ed cackled.
1/15/2008 #7
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
Kiara was terrified. How could she escape these menacing hyenas? While they weren't looking Kiara crept away slowly so she didn't make any noise.
1/15/2008 #8
FiliaFlammae
"Slashed me. One of the kids slashed me. I mean, how could I have let my guard down? He was right there in front of--oh, would you just shut up, Ed?!" Banzai was sniggering too. "Sorry, you just...ha! You had this weird expression on your face just then... Wait a minute here." "Huh?" "Look! Dinner's getting away from us again!" Shenzi looked where Banzai was pointing and snarled. The three hyenas jumped up and took off after the lion cub. No way were they letting a meal slip away again.
1/17/2008 #9
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Oh no!" Kiara shrieked. The hyenas were getting closer and closer. She finally got tired and passed out as Shenzi went over the princess and carried her away in her own jaws.
1/17/2008 #10
FiliaFlammae
"Finally!" Banzai shouted to the air, smiling as they trotted back to their den. "I was starting to worry if we'd ever find another meal again! Since we can't enter the Pridelands and all..." Ed cackled as if in agreement. "If this is really Simba's kid," Banzai muttered to himself, "just think! Revenge at last! We'll teach HIM what happens when he claims all the food for his pride and leaves us out here..." Shenzi set Kiara down. They'd reached their den. "Whaddaya mean, 'leaves us out here'? We used to live here. This place was our home." She looked around slowly. Her face softened subtly as she looked on the land they'd known, then suddenly hardened. "We used to manage here, eh? And we can still manage now!" Banzai looked at her quizzically. "What the heck are you talking about?" "Have you forgotten what happened last time we had the Pridelands to ourselves?" "No." "Just stop and think about this for a minute, if your brain can handle that. Maybe it's natural that the lions have their land and we have ours. I dunno if Scar really got that." She snarled. "J***. We didn't need help." Banzai glared at her. "What has gotten into you?" "Lions...as cocky and annoying as they are, they're worthy competitors...and what has this kid ever done to us?" Shenzi picked Kiara up again and left the den. She climbed the steep slope determinately. Finally she reached the top and set out through the grass. She couldn't be seen: Simba would rip out their throats. She wasn't entirely sure why she was doing this. But something about the girl cub kept her from killing her. Finally she set Kiara down on a rock.
1/19/2008 . Edited 1/19/2008 #11
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
Kiara slowly opened her eyes. "Huh, how did I get here?" she wondered, very confused.
1/19/2008 #12
FiliaFlammae
"I carried you, kid," Shenzi said gruffly.
1/22/2008 #13
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Huh? But why would you do that?" Kiara asked a little confused.
1/23/2008 #14
FiliaFlammae
Shenzi hung her head and groaned in frustration. She seemed to be battling some argument out in her mind. Finally she looked up. "Just promise you won't tell anyone what I'm gonna say, okay? Simba'll have my throat."
1/28/2008 #15
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"My lips are sealed" Kiara promised. She still understand how kind (sorta) Shenzi was to her. It gave her a huge headache but she didn't let it show.
1/28/2008 #16
FiliaFlammae
"There's a good kid." Shenzi paused before starting to speak again. "Did your dad ever tell you much about Scar? What he did when he was the king?"
1/29/2008 #17
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Actually, we never talked about him at all" Kiara said.
1/29/2008 #18
FiliaFlammae
"Oh. Well, he let us hyenas live in the Pridelands after we ki... uh, after your granddaddy died. Naturally we were all ecstatic, since the lionesses had to hunt for us and we got all the food we wanted. But then there came the drought, and simply put, food ran out fast. Made everybody irritable. Then your dad came back and we found out Scar never really cared about us in the first place. Most of the others moved on after that, but Banzai and Ed and me came back here. We all miss the times when we had lots of food, but..." Shenzi paused. "Why am I telling you this? I must be out of my mind."
1/30/2008 #19
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Oh no, I don't think that! Even if you are a bit whacky, oh no offense" Kiara said. "Please continue"
1/30/2008 #20
FiliaFlammae
"None taken," Shenzi muttered dryly. "So. Even after we came back home, Banzai's been really grumpy. Misses the good old days when we had everything we ever wanted, just like any hyena would. Ed does too. And typical of hyenas, they still hate lions. But I've been givin' it a bit of thought." She hesitated briefly. "Lions have their place. We have ours. When we took the place of the lions, we almost doomed ourselves and the Pridelands. I still don't perticularly [i]like[/i] lions... nothing against you, of course... but I respect their position now. I don't grumble about being 'stuck' here with the elephant bones. The place has grown on me over the years. I actually kinda missed it while we were in the Pridelands. So. I'm okay with things. I don't hate lions anymore." She gasped for breath. "There. I said it."
1/31/2008 . Edited 1/31/2008 #21
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Whoa, you guys probably went through a lot" Kiara remarked. She had so many questions to ask Shenzi, but she knew that she wasn't a patient hyena to deal with. So she said nothing but looked away as if something bothered her.
1/31/2008 #22
FiliaFlammae
Shenzi looked down at Kiara, worry in her eyes. "Yoou're not gonna tell your dad, are you?"
2/1/2008 #23
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
Kiara snapped out of it. "No! I promise, I won't" Then she looked down again and felt tears falling down her cheeks. "It's just that something got to me...you probably don't wanna know what it is"
2/1/2008 #24
FiliaFlammae
"Aw..." Shenzi moaned before realizing it. Kiara's tears had awoken her maternal instinct, and she hesitantly put a paw over Kiara and pulled her close. "I'm sorry," she whispered, stroking Kiara's back. She wasn't sure when the last time was that she'd felt so close to someone. "It's okay. You can tell me. I think I'll be able to take it. Unless you'd rather not, of course; that's fine with me."
2/2/2008 #25
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Well...okay" Kiara said hesitantly. "Don't freak but, have you by any chance heard of Kovu?"
2/2/2008 #26
FiliaFlammae
"Kovu?" Shenzi repeated in confusion. She turned away thoughtfully. "Kovu...Kovu...the name sounds familiar. Hyena or lion?"
2/3/2008 #27
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Yes, he's a lion cub" Kiara answered. She suddenly felt like crying because he had been her only friend until they were separated.
2/3/2008 #28
FiliaFlammae
"That's it!" Shenzi exclaimed suddenly, seeming not to notice Kiara. "Kovu! The little brown one, Zira's youngest. Scar mentioned him once...not sure what he was talking about then, something about heirs and immortality...but I did see the cub. Looked awfully like Scar, too." Shenzi looked back at Kiara. "What about him?"
2/3/2008 #29
Dr. Blowhole's Princess
"Well, he was my friend before my daddy and Zira separated us because we're supposed to be..." Kiara paused a bit then managed whisper. "... [i]enemies[/i]"
2/4/2008 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: FiliaFlammae
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member