Final Fantasy Fanatics
Love Final Fantasy? Obsessed? So are we. Come in to discuss your favorite pairings, characters, theories, Advent Children and anything Final Fantasy in general! Now accepting Kingdom Hearts topics and OMG! We can now RP too!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Cathartic Trance
I'm just curious to see what celebrities people would cast for a non-animated FFVII movie. I think it would be pretty interesting to see who people would pick. Here's the current cast list: Cloud: Leonardo DiCaprio/ Nathan Fillion/ Hayden Christensen? Tifa: Summer Glau Aeris: Jewel Staite Yuffie: Kea Wong Vincent: Christian Bale Sephiroth: Tony Curran? Rufus: Leonardo DiCaprio/ Ben Foster/ Orlando Bloom? Reno: Benicio Del Toro? Rude: Adam Baldwin Cid: Bruce Campbell Barret: Michael Clark Duncan? Elena: Sophia Miles Scarlet: Olivia Williams? Lucrecia: Famke Janssen? Ifalna: Famke Janssen? Hojo: Hugo Weaving Gast: Sam Neill Jenova: Rebecca Romijn? Palmer: Rowan Atkinson (lol)/Wayne Knight? Heidegger: Ian McKellen/ Kelsey Grammar? heh Jessie: Anna Paquin President Shinra: Brian Cox Reeve: Cillian Murphy? UNCASTED AT THE MOMENT Tseng Biggs Wedge Zack Elmrya Marlene I think it's safe to say that we should pick one for Rufus or Cloud (3 possibilities each O_o)
1/2/2006 . Edited 1/17/2006 #1
Luv-Angel-Music
Hm...I have absoltuely no idea, but I'm seeing Leonardo De Caprio as one of the characters...oh well, must be the eyes...XD
1/2/2006 #2
Nando the RPS King
Ah, fun topic. Some of the people I picked are a bit old for their roles, but Hollywood's good at making people look a lot younger on camera. Here's my ideas, in mostly random order: First off, I'd cast Bruce Campbell as Cid. If that seems strange to you, go watch Army of Darkness. Now imagine him with his hair dyed blond, saying "Sit the &%$@ down and drink your goddamn tea!" and it'll seem perfectly natural for him to play Cid. Next, I'd have Rowan Atkinson(aka Mr. Bean) put on a fat suit and play Palmer. This oughta be self-explainatory to anyone who's seen his comedies. For Tifa, I'd hire Summer Glau. If you've seen her fight scenes in Serenity, you know why I picked her. Kicking a** and looking good at the same time. Reno would definately be played by Benicio Del Toro. He's played shady badasses before and can pull it off well. Watch him in Sin City or Way of the Gun if you doubt this one. And for Rude, I'd hire Adam Baldwin from Firefly and have him shave his head. His character in those is more like Reno, but he could fill the physical description well. These two could pull off some seriously funny comic relief when they aren't being badasses. Christian Bale would make a great Vincent. Go watch Equilibrium if you doubt this one. His character, Preston, is very Vincent-like. I think Taye Diggs would make a good Barret. He may not be well-known, but he's a really good actor. He'd just have to bulk up a bit for the role. For Aeris, I'd pick Jewel Staite from Firefly, where she displays the ability to play a character with many of Aeris's qualities. Plus, she looks the part. For Cloud, I'd cast Nathan Fillion from Firefly. Just give him a goofy wig and he's good to go. Hm, that's all I can think of for now.
1/2/2006 . Edited 1/2/2006 #3
Luv-Angel-Music
ooo you like Firefly a lot huh? haha so does my freind. I wanan see Serenity though! Anyways, I havn't heard of half the ppl you jsut meantioned O__O I'll go n look them up though! haha
1/2/2006 #4
Cathartic Trance
Your choices are very interesting. I don't know half the people on that list, but I'm gonna go to IMDb for pics of them.
1/2/2006 #5
Cathartic Trance
Yup. Your casting is awesome. Summer Glau's a pretty good choice for Tifa's role. Just give her hair extensions and she's good to go. Her eyes are even pretty close to Tifa's eye color. And I totally agree with Jewel playing Aeris. I saw pics of her and she's really innocent-looking. Just give her hair extensions, too. I questions Benicio, Nathan and Taye, though. Taye's an awesome actor, but a little bit on the short side (Barret's, like, 6'3"). Benicio is badass, but him with bright red hair is kind of comical. I'm not sure about Nathan, but he has a 50/50 chance according to me. Should Tifa's... um... "endowments" be a factor in this? They a little bit on the big side... and that's an understatement. I wonder if any good actresses that could possibly fit her role would have around her size. I'm sure we'd all just drop it in the end, though.
1/2/2006 #6
Nando the RPS King
To be honest, I couldn't think of anyone who physically matches Barret. So I figured, better to have a good actor in elevator shoes or using camera tricks to seem taller(Stallone did that in all the Rambo movies) than someone tall enough without acting skills. As for Tifa, remember that she wasn't as well endowed in the movie as she was in the game. Maybe a little padding or digital enhancement could be added, but I don't think it's really that big of an issue.
1/3/2006 . Edited 1/3/2006 #7
Luv-Angel-Music
With all the technology nowadays, anything can be possible....imagine how it'd be like in a few years O__O but I think the choie for Aeries and Tifa are very good!
1/3/2006 #8
Cathartic Trance
Yeah, Tifa's endowments were a little down-sized in the movie, when I come to think of it. At least the animators did that much. But yeah, technology is incredible nowadays, so I'm not surprised if they find a way to digitally enhance the actors' appearances. Oh, and who's that guy that Barret looks like? It's the big dude who says, "Foo'!"
1/4/2006 #9
Nando the RPS King
Mr. T? Yeah, I guess he could do it.
1/4/2006 #10
Cathartic Trance
Yeah! That's the guy! What decade's he from again? 70's, 80's?
1/4/2006 #11
Nando the RPS King
I pity the foo' that doesn't remember that Mr. T's from the 80s.(Heh, couldn't resist.)
1/4/2006 . Edited 1/4/2006 #12
Cathartic Trance
lol. Okay. So how old would that make him then?
1/4/2006 #13
Nando the RPS King
Well, if Wikipedia's right about his birthdate, he's 54.
1/4/2006 #14
Cathartic Trance
Ah... scratch that. Too old :P
1/4/2006 #15
Cathartic Trance
Hmmm... okay, we've casted a few characters, so those who are left are... Elena Tseng Yuffie Heidegger Scarlet Rufus Hojo Gast Lucrecia Jessie Wedge Biggs Ifalna Sephiroth Zack Elmrya Marlene Jenova (they need someone to be the body? Or at least the face.) President Shin-Ra Wow... that's a lot of people O_o
1/4/2006 #16
Luv-Angel-Music
haha saying Foo...haha. Um....Let's see here, Leonardo De Caprio for Rufus? They have the same color eyes and stuff, but that's not saying much...
1/4/2006 #17
Nando the RPS King
Well, he did cold and deceptive bits fairly well in Gangs of New York and Catch Me If You Can, and he does look the part, so I guess he'd make a good Rufus.
1/4/2006 #18
Luv-Angel-Music
coolness! so we got Rufus down I supose! Although I didn't see him in Gangs of NY. I thought he could play Cloud at first, becasue he's good at those slightly crazy/confused rolls and elader ones like in The Aviator....hm..iether one works just fine.
1/4/2006 #19
Cathartic Trance
Yeah, Leo could go for Rufus, but I think he's more of a main role guy, don't you think? And he's a little old. I thought of Ben Foster for Rufus (X-Men). I have a few people here, but I didn't finish the list. Elena: Olivia Williams Heidegger: Ian McKellen (LotR, Gandalf), Kelsey Grammar :P Yuffie: Kea Wong (X-Men 3) Scarlet: Sophia Miles (Tristan & Isolde, Isolde) Rufus: Ben Foster (X-Men) ...yeah Hojo: Michael Sheen (Underworld, Lucian) Just make him look a little older and longer hair Gast: Shane Brolley (Underworld, Kraven) He just reminded me of a mad scientist for some very weird reason Ifalna or Lucrecia: Famke Janssen (X-Men, Jean) She's beautiful and a pretty good actress Jessie: Anna Paquin (Darkness, Regina) Sepiroth: um... Hugh Jackman? lol What about Tony Curran (Underworld 2, Marcus)? Jenova: Rebecca Romijn? She looks good blue so what about something weider than blue? (I'm talking about X-Men's Mystique) President Shin-Ra: Patrick Stewart (Professor X) It was a random choice
1/4/2006 #20
Cathartic Trance
I'm gonna put the cast list as the first post now so that it's easier to see it. I agree with Leo as either Rufus or Cloud.
1/4/2006 #21
Luv-Angel-Music
Hm...thsoe are some pretty good choices....Still looking about half of them up though...my comptuer is kindda whacked up and stuff at the moment. You really like X-men...dont' you? I can't wait til teh 3erd one comes out! whoo hoo!
1/7/2006 . Edited 1/7/2006 #22
Cathartic Trance
Yeah, I like X-Men, but it was just that they had so much cast that it was worth checking it out for possibilities :P
1/7/2006 #23
Luv-Angel-Music
yes they do.....but that mkes it hard to focus though @__@ I kindda got confused in X-2. But Pyro is awesome! haha
1/7/2006 #24
Cathartic Trance
Yup. Gotta love the fire. I can't remember anything in X-2 except for Jean doing something to turn into Phoenix. Watched it too long ago to remember anything -_- Well, um... yeah. Back to the topic :P. Does anyone have any idea who could go for the uncasted characters? And you know how Leonardo DiCaprio and Famke Janssen are listed twice... well, which character should they go for?
1/8/2006 #25
Kit Thespian
Some of the choices are okay. Here's who I would probably cast for some of the characters: Cloud: Hayden Christensen* Hojo: Hugo Weaving President Shinra: Brian Cox Palmer: Wayne Knight (big guy in Jurassic Park and Space Jam) Aeris: Emmy Rossum Rufus: Orlando Bloom* Barrett: Michael Clark Duncan (come on, the dude's 6'5" and muscled. He's PERFECT) Gast: Sam Neill Reeve: Cillian Murphy *I'm probably gonna get flamed for these choices.
1/8/2006 #26
Luv-Angel-Music
CIllian Murphy would be good choice for soeone, but probably not Reeve in my opinion......
1/9/2006 #27
Cathartic Trance
Yeah not Reeve. Your choices were good though, but I don't really like Emmy Rossum. She doesn't look so Aeris-y. I'll just list them anyways.
1/17/2006 #28
Luv-Angel-Music
omg. Eniemn (SP! I KNOW!) as someone... O__O I can see it...just dont' know WHO.....hahaha
1/18/2006 #29
Cathartic Trance
Hhehe... Eminem? lol. My friend would be freaking out. She'd be praising the TV screen O_o
1/20/2006 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Luv-Angel-Music
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member