Moon Child
The first Moon Child forum, where yaoi and silliness are loved. Second discussion: The meaning of the title, Moon Child.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
soumanyon
...there must be SOME opinions about main pairing, hm? Or am I the only one obsessed enough to ponder such a question so thoroughly? There's no way!

Share? Maybe we could keep a poll!

12/22/2005 #1
AranamiTouma
If anything, they'd be equals-- or at least, who's on top in bed wouldn't change their everyday interactions. *Shrug* Either way works fine with me, and I really can't see either being dominant overall.

And I certainly can't see either of them as a cliche!Uke... *Wince* I love Moon Child dearly, but I wish some of the writers would remember these guys kill people for a living-- and in Kei's case, kills people to live-- so seeing one whimpery and crying and pathetic? Err, no. That's an insult to both the characters and to their actors. o_O;; *Isn't specifically attacking anyone, just the trend*

12/23/2005 #2
LawlietLoves
I think they would be equals, too. I couldn't even begin to imagine either of them as a cliche, cry-baby, OMG-my-butt-hurts uke.

I think it would be a case of 'I'm really h***, so I'm on top.'

Just a thought ^_^

~Ko-chan

12/26/2005 #3
soumanyon
Funny, it's 3 votes for equal, then, I guess.

^^; That's where I'm tossing my vote, at least.

In the movie, both characters have their own insecurities. Kei, with his I'm-an-evil-vampire-and-cold-blooded-killer low self-esteem and Sho with his crying bit and his outbursts.

They need each other; they complement each other. They work well together. (as shown through their fighting)

-dissolves into fangirly gushes over how they're so perfect together-

12/26/2005 #4
Ranma064
I also agree with you all! Both characters aren't really the "I'm always on top" type of characters. lol I love this pairing ....
1/29/2006 #5
LovexIsxNotxEnough
lmao

I heard that Gackt and Hyde dated kinda after this movie. But i think hydes charecter was the dominate one!

3/12/2006 #6
sgt.crackers
Hyde is married already and as a friend of mine said Gackt is married to his work and music. But if fate dealt fans a better card they might be together
6/25/2006 #7
Essenity
*sigh*

I think it is sad that now I have to go and reread my stories to see what I was thinking at the time when I wrote them.

Can't really decide on that right now.

Though now I get the feeling that even though when I write it always seems to be one pairing but in my mind I prefer the other. o_O

6/28/2006 #8
Fluffdragon
I also think they're equal. It just seems that way. They both try to keep

eachother from feeling sad.

7/14/2006 #9
Mitsudani
I choose Sho x Kei... but just 'cuz I like that way n_nU With the personality of these two, it'd be perfectly an equal relationship or otherwise.

Mit Hydeist

PS. Sorry, my English sucks _

10/30/2006 #10
Midnight-Ophelia
I never was really into 'slash' pairings till I got into Moon Child. I actually see the chemistry between Sho and Kei and love it.This may be mostly due to the fact that a few scenes hinted that there could be something more between them. As to the topic of this thread...it really depends but it may be Kei just because of him being a vampire and the strong dominence that comes from being one. Oh don't get me wrong, Sho could defenitly be the more domenit one...
11/22/2007 #11
thewindsofsong
i would have to agree to that. kei is a vampire but sho is phisicaly older. it can go both ways and they are in no way anywhere close to feminine. in the fight scenes you can see just how mush they trust each other.
12/21/2007 #12
psycho neko-chan
I believe Kei might be on top, but that does defeat my preferences when it comes to seme and uke. I normally like the taller guy and the older one on top. XD

I don't know why...^^;

Anyway, I say this because Sho always looks to Kei for guidance and especially "help" more than one occasion in the movie.

Jeez, writing this makes me want to write a ff about them now! XD

But of course I don't mind the other way, either.^-^

12/30/2007 #13
EverKitsune

I think that it depends on what time period it is in. Because Moon Child covers so many different times, Sho changes a lot. We get to watch him grow in the movie as time moves on. I think that towards the beginning he was more dependant on Kei, and so he would be the submissive, but as the movie progresses, he becomes more and more sure of himself. I think that they'd have to flip a coin or something honestly.

8/6/2008 #14
Micuko

Actually I agree with psycho neko-chan about Kei being on top.

I think Kei should be on top, because he is older\yes, older. Because Sho may look older at the end but Kei has been through more and has lived more years than Sho\ and normally is more experienced. And he watched as Sho grew up and always helped him. I think he's in control :D

11/13/2008 #15
Dr. Seward

Hmm.....I cannot really say 'cause it was more of a freindship thing than a yaoi thing....Kei-san is older, But, then again Sho-san looks a bit older. Not very, but a little. 'Tis a hard question....

5/17/2009 #16
Fanfiction Love 2006

Ah, Moon Child. Well his question does bring a lot into it if you are bored enough to look into it. Everyone here has a valid point.

Kei should go on top: He is older, he has a more dominant personality, Sho usually looks to him for help.

Sho should go on top: Physically the taller and more bult man is usually the Seme, Sho having been human would care greatly for Kei and so would feel more possesive about him.

There are many more. I think it has more to do with the staging and point of the movie. They are equals, but it deals with more on how intense something is. If you reread some of the stories, everyone can see the tone, midset, and mood it what really come into play when dealing with Ukes and Semes.

6/23/2009 #17
Fanfiction Love 2006

Ah, Moon Child. Well his question does bring a lot into it if you are bored enough to look into it. Everyone here has a valid point.

Kei should go on top: He is older, he has a more dominant personality, Sho usually looks to him for help.

Sho should go on top: Physically the taller and more bult man is usually the Seme, Sho having been human would care greatly for Kei and so would feel more possesive about him.

There are many more. I think it has more to do with the staging and point of the movie. They are equals, but it deals with more on how intense something is. If you reread some of the stories, everyone can see the tone, midset, and mood it what really come into play when dealing with Ukes and Semes.

6/23/2009 #18
Eona the Crim

in a keiXsho pairing, i think that kei would be top, seeing as his personality is more dominant. in gakuhai, however, i think that it would be gackt on top, because hyde is the more cute silly one, i dont see him trying to be in control. if that pairing were ever reality, though, i bet that they wouldnt argue, and basically be equal....idk XD

10/8/2010 #19
Forum Moderators: soumanyon
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member