Super Sentai Romance
For all discuss about romance in Sentai, be it canon, non-canon, hinted, implied, crack, het or slash, all is welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
ignitedblue

Shiba Takeru was damaged but he was the leader of his team and Joe reminds me of him. The character type is just a commanding presence that overshadows others and he could quite easily be red.

Joe's always struck me as a follower rather than a leader, the sort of person who'd prefer to stay out of the spotlight. Takeru accepted the role of leader, but Joe prefers to be subordinate to Marvelous, and I can't see him in Marvelous's role: forming his own crew and leading them into battle, etc.

Joe/Ahim have many established fans that they have amassed over episodes and Marvelous/Ahim have been kept apart, for the most part, on the episode front, so of course its popularity would get a boost after they have this type of episode. When a relationship gets neglected and then the inner workings of it is finally explained, it will get noticed, especially if a bone like G**'s question gets thrown among the masses.

Oh, really? Well the show has similarly "neglected" Marvelous's relationship with Luka, even in their shared focus episode, yet I don't see anyone complain about that. And yes, there were several episodes where Marvelous spent time with Ahim (the Carranger and Abaranger episodes, and the one where Joe and G** help the little boy, just off the top of my head)

What I am surprised by is why she is important to Marvelous and why he still made her a pirate.

Because she asked to be

Oh, she could survive without a man taking care of her and in fact save him when needed to. The couple would be equal opportunity protectors just like with Luka and her guy(it would only be a different delivery).

I'll say it again: No other ship with these characters carries the expectation of the hero ending up with the most feminine, attractive and ladylike girl the way Marvelous/Ahim does. It's inherent in their character roles, so they will never really be "equal."

As for romances, I was talking about romances between the sentai teams not a nightmare inducing romance between two cars and that jealoushittu plot. LOL, But that does give the promise that we may see a canon relationship between the members of the team.

It's a lot closer than we got with Go-onger/Shinkenger/Goseiger, where there were no couples at all

I'll give on the point about Tumblr. I would not be caught dead on that annoying site so I don't know what goes on there.

It was basically people constantly posting screenshots from the episode and squealing about the ship now being "canon". I nearly lost my lunch

Regarding my point about there being three canon Red/Villainess couples in Sentai just like three canon Red/Pink, I would not at all mind seeing a future Red Ranger in a relationship with the villainess or someone connected to the villain group (a la Red Mask and Iyal.) It hasn't been done in a while

12/14/2011 #301
Kadeana

I could easily see Joe as captain, if the story was different. Don't think that I am dismissing Marvelous, just that Joe is leadership material, too.

And 'because Ahim asked' is simplifying the issue. It was because she had the balls to ask where as he had to recruit the others. If I would have walked up, bowed, and asked to be a pirate I would receive bullets to the the butt for my effort and I am sure Mr. Brown from Shinkenger, would get the same treatment. You don't think others skipped up to Marvelous and asked to join? He could have just as easily treated her like the kid from episode 2 but he didn't so that means she pulled on heartstrings he tries hard to hide(not romantic or is it?). I made a shipper point but in classic shipper fashion, you shot it down as such, proving my point about shippers. It is easy to make shipper points or write a romance from that entire scene/episode, so very many, but I won't. Marvelous/Ahim don't interest me enough to write it but Joe/Kaoru does.

Luka, Marvelous, and Joe are so in tune to each other, why would they need an episode proving it? But I won't be annoyed by another Luka/Marvelous only episode, which we will probably get before the end.

And I say again: Joe/Ahim fits that 'hopeful of hopes' bill too, and the only Ahim ships that don't are Ahim/G**, Ahim/Don, and Ahim/her hand . . . but since there is nothing wrong with that type of ship, what does it matter? IMO, There is nothing truly wrong with Ahim/Marvelous accept that it is in the way of other pairings and is, apparently, more popular than I thought (In this thread it is getting the treatment of Takeru/Kotoha but just by different people (It is a amusing reversal of sorts). Luka is the most attractive girl. Every male in the fandom will tell you that with great pleasure. Ahim gets the cute label.

That would be in interesting romance: red/villain . . . that is if she is the most feminine character of the villain cast, then it would not be to others taste, but I would still like it. I am not gloating or anything. I am just proud of myself. By some of my older posts on this site, you would think I was a pod person and the real me had been shot in the butt by four irritated pirates and died.

12/14/2011 . Edited 12/14/2011 #302
ignitedblue

I could easily see Joe as captain, if the story was different. Don't think that I am dismissing Marvelous, just that Joe is leadership material, too.

I don't think you were, but on a personal level I see him as a follower rather than a leader. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one

I made a shipper point but in classic shipper fashion, you shot it down as such, proving my point about shippers.

Yes, because to be quite honest I can't stand to hear yet another round of "Marvelous understands Ahim better than anyone else and only he can see her special qualities" just to justify another annoying Hero/Chick ship

She had a very good reason to ask to be a pirate. It showed guts just as much as the others, but I don't see how he would have turned down a similar request from anyone else. Hell, G** asked to be a pirate too and was at least given the opportunity to prove himself. They both had to "pull on heartstrings he tried hard to hide" just for the show to be able to justify why these characters are part of the team.

Luka, Marvelous, and Joe are so in tune to each other, why would they need an episode proving it?

Marvelous and Joe got eps 11-12

IMO, There is nothing truly wrong with Ahim/Marvelous accept that it is in the way of other pairings and is, apparently, more popular than I thought (In this thread it is getting the treatment of Takeru/Kotoha but just by different people (It is a amusing reversal of sorts). Luka is the most attractive girl. Every male in the fandom will tell you that with great pleasure. Ahim gets the cute label.

It depends where you look but really, I have noticed a LOT of people on various sites who seemed to be just waiting for Marvelous and Ahim to get a focus episode together so they could feel justified as shippers. I have explained many, many times why I think that Marvelous/Ahim is offensive: it reinforces (as bushidogirl stated above) the unfair and frankly sexist idea that the most feminine girl must end up with the hero. The only Gokaiger ship I can really see myself supporting is Don/Luka, so I don't really care who Marvelous or Ahim ended up with as long as it's not each other...

That would be in interesting romance: red/villain . . . that is if she is the most feminine character of the villain cast, then it would not be to others taste, but I would still like it. I am not gloating or anything. I am just proud of myself. By some of my older posts on this site, you would think I was a pod person and the real me had been shot in the butt by four irritated pirates and died.

Er ... what?

Sentai seems to be doing away with human villains over the last few years, unless it's to introduce a human villainess for fanservice appeal (Kegareshia, Shizuka, etc.) But I could even go for Hero/Rubber Suit Villainess, like Insarn and Kyousuke in the Carranger ep of Gokaiger

12/14/2011 #303
Kadeana

I think we have to agree to disagree on pretty much everything when it comes to Ahim/hero guy, too. She has just enough right to be with the hero as Luka and it doesn't matter to me about what happened in previous seasons. I take it as the fresh new start that it is. I actually stand by my belief that Joe/Luka would make the the better statement. NobelKnight and the Rebellious Pirate that corrupts him would be a page turning fic for me but Don/Luka is a great prospect, too.

Well he did turn down G**, at first, and G** had his own henshin device to boot. Marvelous had to give Ahim hers and they all took out time from their busy pirate schedule to train her. I like that they both came forward and asked to join instead of the other way around. Makes for a nice mix of pirate stew.

Marvelous/Lukas are waiting on bated birth for their next episode too and when/if it airs . . . the same thing will happen. It will be some great sigs out there and tmblr fans will do what shippers do best.

My last post was a joke that followed another point I made and that is Marvelous and his band of pirates don't take just anyone.

12/14/2011 . Edited 12/14/2011 #304
ignitedblue

I think Joe is already corrupt enough! The main three are all as bad as each other

She has just enough right to be with the hero as Luka and it doesn't matter to me about what happened in previous seasons

Well, look at the old "Betty and Veronica" or "Mary Ann and Ginger" debate - people prefer to see the Betty/Mary Ann type (more like Ahim) get together with the hero, rather than the Veronica/Ginger type (more like Luka.) It's a pretty much universal thing, and I think it's unfair

12/14/2011 #305
Kadeana

True, true, but she could corrupt both men more, if she wanted.

Hmm, I would consider Veronica and Ahim of the same class of character(rich girl pampered by her parents); even if Veronica is the more seductive type. But you are right.

I could be on either side of the debate at any giving time. My shipper sensors are all over the place these days. It drives my strictly Joe/Luka friend crazy. lol

12/14/2011 #306
bushidogirl

Actually, neither Ahim nor Luka fit Mary Ann and Ginger, and they don't fit Betty and Veronica either. Based off of their qualities, they aren't either one, and they mesh into both of their characteristics, so I'd be careful using that analogy.

Now, Marvelous and Basco is a popular shipping. See, there you go, Red with Villain(minus the -ess).

My favorite pairing is Ahim and Luka. They've had moments that have crossed the surrogate little sister relationship. And the GoGo V episode, when Ahim told Luka "I'm not your little sister." What happened after she said that? Honestly, they've had more moments than Marvelous and Luka and Marvelous and Ahim combined. But I prefer Marvelous and Luka over Marvelous and Ahim.

12/14/2011 #307
ignitedblue

Now, Marvelous and Basco is a popular shipping. See, there you go, Red with Villain(minus the -ess).

From what little I've seen of the yaoi side of fandom, some people seem to be convinced that Basco is Marvelous's ex and Sid/Barizorg was Joe's, and now Marv and Joe must weep into their beer and lament The Love They Could Have Had. I ... won't ask any more questions

Actually, neither Ahim nor Luka fit Mary Ann and Ginger, and they don't fit Betty and Veronica either. Based off of their qualities, they aren't either one, and they mesh into both of their characteristics, so I'd be careful using that analogy.

Not exactly the same, but it's the basic archetype.Maybe a more comparable example would be the Kamen Rider fandom. Kamen Rider W had a female lead who was loud, aggressive, and hit the hero with a shoe when he annoyed her. Result: she was widely disliked and a lot of people were annoyed when she married the hot guy Accel. Next year's show, OOO, had a heroine who was quiet, shy, always wore a dress or skirt, and adored the hero. Result: she was popular, even though she got very little share of the action until the final arc. Kamen Rider is a "sister" franchise to Sentai and they share a lot of the same fanbase, so I think there's a definite fan preference for girls that act a certain way

My favorite pairing is Ahim and Luka. They've had moments that have crossed the surrogate little sister relationship. And the GoGo V episode, when Ahim told Luka "I'm not your little sister." What happened after she said that?

LOL ... I'm sure someone somewhere could come up with an interesting idea

12/14/2011 #308
CrownedJoker

Actually, I just read the blog the lowest ratings were Ohranger: 4.5% I mis-read. So Gekiranger wasn't the lowest. I think Ohranger was probably not very popular.

You did. Not every TV show has the hero end up with a feminine female character. In fact, it's the opposite now. They usually end up with the tough strong girl that still has a heart. You still deciding that people will assume she's going to be. Stop generalizing people as I first said when starting this whole thing. Again, you decided that paring Ahim with Marvelous reinforces the idea that girly women need boyfriends and non-girly women aren't attractive enough to find one. Other TV shows state the opposite. That's your opinion not fact. Kids don't see it that way, G** ( Dead one ) hit on Luka not Ahim. Ahim has never got hit on, only Luka. Like Kadeana said, you can't argue she wouldn't either.

12/14/2011 #309
ignitedblue
I can't do what? What are you talking about? I did not say Gekiranger is the lowest-rated Sentai ever. It's the fourth-lowest of all time and the second-lowest of the last ten years (above Go-onger, which had much better toy sales.) Western media is different from Japanese media, and Japanese TV still very much pushes the idea that "girlier" girls are more appealing. If you look at any "harem" anime/manga series where there are multiple love interests for the protagonist, he generally won't end up with the aggressive or tomboyish girl and if he does she'll often get a "ladylike" makeover at the end. Many Sentai fans are familiar with Japanese dramas, anime, etc. and they recognize this As for Black Condor, on one hand we have the hero, on the other we have a ghost that appears in one episode and if alive would be old enough to be Luka's father. Who do you think is getting the better deal?
12/14/2011 #310
CrownedJoker

"So, what did we learn? If you want to get the main character you have to be perfect, feminine, beautiful, and/or docile. But if you're non-traditional, the girl-next-door, clumsy (I know, Ahim's clumsy, but it rarely shows) with flaws (Luka is greedy, and can boarder-line on being a klepto) masculine, or cheeky, you'll have to settle for second-best, or another team-member. Which isn't always a bad thing."

Okay, no. I'm only going to write about this part and leave. This is how you see it. Kids don't see it that way. Now I'm going to use me and my buds as an example. When I was young ( not really but I count myself as young then ) I watched Shugo Chara. Now, the main character had pink hair was annoying and a had a crush on this boy. Now this boy liked the feminine girls and since the man character didn't have it she tried to be feminine just for him. Now when I was little, I did not mind at all. In fact, she did kinda end up with him and she just acted as herself not the feminine person he wanted her to be. Until today, I still hate feminine girls and I'm a tomboy. Though now I had a mind to process about it and I like Ahim because she's her. Now my friends watched a lot of dumb shows when they were little too, but they also preferred the the tomboy. In fact, up till today all the girls and guys I know generally don't like girls who are extremely feminine and put on tons of makeup.

12/14/2011 #311
WeLcOmE2pArAdIsE

Wow, I'm actually a little floored at the Joe/Ahim dynamic assumptions . . . beginning with the fact that Joe does not fit the knight archetype at all, unless somehow we are going to count him carrying a sword as making him a knight in shining armor. Generally those characters have some semblance of charm, which, even though I love Joe, I would say he really doesn't have. Guy couldn't seduce a wet rag out of a bucket, to be frank. I would argue that he comes with a lot more baggage than the other males. And frankly, labeling Ahim as "the princess" without /clarifying/ which traits you're referencing is probably the most misleading thing I have seen in the thread due to the connotations that tag along with calling her a princess - connotations which I do not believe capture her spirit or character all that well. The most prominent connotation that I would agree with would be her penchant for love, happiness, and marriage. Past that, we're starting to box her in with misguided descriptions. Most notably, the distinct lack of "damsel-in-distress" and the need for a knight in shining armor. I think out of the girls she would be the more likely to want it, but never have I seen any indication that she must have it or that she will receive it. And . . . well, I made a post a couple of pages back that really analyzed why I can see JoeAhim more than others.

If I were looking at a more "attractive characters overall getting together", I would be backing JoeLuka, but that's one of the few I have difficulty getting behind, most of my reasons stemming from that serious lack of spark I discussed early (the same issue I have with DocAhim). Truth be told, I relate much more with Luka than I do Ahim because my attitude definitely is more like the former - a bit rough around the edges, loud and forward, likes nice things, a bit more tomboyish, et cetera. Though that does not exclude a few sentiments I share with Ahim's character. Out of the males, my favorite is Joe by a long shot. Why I don't see Joe and Luka working? Precisely because the moments that have been shown leave them at a plateau at which I don't think they can grow toward one another beyond that point. They know one another well (not the best like I've seen asserted, but definitely well) as far as training, working together, and friendship is concerned, but to say that she relates to him on a deeper or darker level - on the subjects of dreams, fears, and the like? No, I haven't seen that indicated yet. I feel that Luka might let him do his own thing to the point where she never bothers interfering, and I had hoped for more on her end toward Joe in episodes like four, ten, and other Sid-related episodes, and was thoroughly disappointed. Since Joe can be self-destructive in a way that isn't necessarily healthy, I feel that there are times he needs someone to shake him by the shoulders (figuratively) and make him check his behavior at least a little. I don't know if Luka's personality lends her to being able to deal with his baggage. Anyway, this is slightly off-topic and I am not discrediting it, I just think that despite how much I would like to ship them, there's so little with which to work.

Doc is difficult to 'ship with anyone when he tends to be such a doormat. I will gladly take a crack at G**!shipping, though (LukaGai being the one I could likely argue best because I have a bit to work with).

12/14/2011 #312
Little Goose Girl

Haha, Joe is definitely NOT a knight in shining armour :p He definitely has SOME chivalry about him, but he hardly darts out to go rescue anyone. When Ahim was kidnapped, for example, he was the one asserting she could hold her own. Some may read this as a sign the relationship wouldn't work/couldn't exist, however, I think it is a strong indication of how it could work. Same on the Marve/Ahim front. I don't think Joe OR Marvelous would be especially enamoured with a girl who needed looking after all the time. A delicate flower, as the 'princess' arcehtype often seems to perpetuate. Rather, both ships would be all the more likely for Ahim's ability to defend herself. They are, after all, pirates and not princes.

I'm with you on the "princess" front, but I'll take it further. I think people really need to stop classifying her as a princess, on account of the fact that: a) she isn't one anymore (not having a planet can do that) and b) she doesn't fit the stereotype especially well.

Personally, I tend to think of her more as the polite/cultured/educated/ladylike pirate. She certainly has her own style, but a pirate she now is. Or, better yet: let's not cast them in any role. Marvelous, Joe, Luka, Doc, Ahim and G** are all such strong characters on their own, they don't need to be classified - in fact, it's like some of them seem to resist being classified with all their might.

So as for relationships that work, the ones *I* find most convincing (not really in a specific order, but possibly most realistically to less but still realistic): 1. Joe/Ahim 2. Doc/Luka 3. Marve/Luka 4. Marve/Ahim 5. Navi/Sally And yes, that last one was taking the p---. I'm still not entirely sure of the gender of either Sally or Navi, I've heard both referred to as both "he" and "she", haha. And that's not to say I don't think other ships not listed can't work out. I'm in that group of people who, though I have my preferences, believe everyone aboard that ship loves each other to some extent/degree.

12/15/2011 #313
CrownedJoker

Stop generalizing people. You can't just generalize Ahim or real people because you don't know their heads. You choose the wrong time to argue about anime/manga because I have read tons. Actually if you read any basic manga, they'll end up with the ditzy girl, hardworking girl, silent girl, usually not the ladylike girls. Though that's harem not regular romance where the guys usually don't end up with the feminine girls. Kids go to regular romance, not harem. Unless it's a girl as the main character. Though of course I need to say this, feminine girls will be much prettier to people due to make up and their dresses. They're not saying their the prettiest it's who they are. Anyways, usually the girls that are feminine in mangas are pretty crazy. The guys don't really end up with them. Also I doubt Gekiranger was doing bad if it didn't drop to the 4%. It's not the first worst. I'm pretty sure if this survived it was doing fine. In fact, most people liked Gekiranger on the boards.

"Many Sentai fans are familiar with Japanese dramas, anime, etc. and they recognize this As for Black Condor, on one hand we have the hero, on the other we have a ghost that appears in one episode and if alive would be old enough to be Luka's father. Who do you think is getting the better deal?"

???

I'm going to assume your talking about G**. He still flirted with her and not Ahim. Marvelous even tried to grope Luka. I think this proves Ahim is not really shown as the desirable girl because she's feminine.

12/15/2011 #314
ignitedblue

A ditzy or hardworking girl may have just as many conventionally feminine traits as a ladylike one. Compare Magipink (ditzy), ShinkenPink (hardworking) and Ahim (ladylike), all fit the "feminine" mould better than a Luka type. Please note I'm talking about stock character types in fiction, not "generalizing people." You can't "know a character's mind." They don't have one.

Just because English-speaking fans like Gekiranger does not mean the show was popular or successful in Japan. Goseiger achieved better sales and ratings than Gekiranger, yet most of the western fanbase loathes it. Success with one set of fans doesn't equal success with the other.

You're right that Marvelous tried to grope Luka, he's also flirted with her a couple of times. That's more attraction than he's ever shown Ahim. We've seen that he has equally as much understanding and compassion for Joe as he does Ahim, even if he expresses it differently. So I'm sure you can understand why I still don't accept her as Marvelous's dream girl. You said yourself that just because G** thinks Marvelous might have feelings for her doesn't make it true

12/15/2011 . Edited 12/15/2011 #315
CrownedJoker

Okay. Your generalizing people and the characters. What I am saying, you cannot stereotype them because they are becoming 3-dimensional. You also generalized that all Ahim/Marvelous fans just wanted the hero with the feminine girl, which is not true. Mako wasn't really feminine, but somewhere in-between.

Actually, I just realized something. Just because toys and show don't go well people still do like it. Kids these days have relationships in kindergarden. They probably don't find it that hard to believe. Also DT probably was not very popular and sold toys as well as PRS yet in general the people of my age when I was young watched DT and we all hate PRS. Also those were ADULTS

you cannot really account them if it was popular. People hate DT, our generation loved it( though I was born in the Saban era ). It all depends on the age group and what the kids say, not the adults.

Sorry but what Marvelous was doing to Luka and flirting with her is just Marvelous. He's... him. He's kinda a perv sometimes like in Episode 29 where he wanted to see Ahim's pictures ( which was funny and slightly creeped me out ) in those outfits where she broke her normal. I think he's just him. Marvelous is just probably going to add another girl to his harem. But, when G** said that it does open a possible thing for them? Is what he is saying true? Or is he just a clueless idiot? Writers don't put that in for no reason but sometimes they just like to acknowledge the shippers.

12/16/2011 #316
ignitedblue

Okay. Your generalizing people and the characters. What I am saying, you cannot stereotype them because they are becoming 3-dimensional. You also generalized that all Ahim/Marvelous fans just wanted the hero with the feminine girl, which is not true. Mako wasn't really feminine, but somewhere in-between.

Mako's primary character traits were being emotional, compassionate, and wanting to get married and learn to cook. You can't get closer to the feminine archetype than that.

I didn't say all Marvelous/Ahim fans wanted the hero with the feminine girl. I'm saying that the idea that the hero should get together with the most feminine girl is inherent in Marvelous and Ahim's character roles. But I won't pretend I'm not annoyed by all the shippers squealing that it just HAS to be canon and Ahim is Marvelous's dream girl.

Actually, I just realized something. Just because toys and show don't go well people still do like it. Kids these days have relationships in kindergarden. They probably don't find it that hard to believe. Also DT probably was not very popular and sold toys as well as PRS yet in general the people of my age when I was young watched DT and we all hate PRS. Also those were ADULTS

you cannot really account them if it was popular. People hate DT, our generation loved it( though I was born in the Saban era ). It all depends on the age group and what the kids say, not the adults.

Japanese children evidently didn't like it enough to pester their parents for the toys. It's certainly not a fan favourite like Jetman, Liveman or Shinkenger.

Sorry but what Marvelous was doing to Luka and flirting with her is just Marvelous. He's... him. He's kinda a perv sometimes like in Episode 29 where he wanted to see Ahim's pictures ( which was funny and slightly creeped me out ) in those outfits where she broke her normal. I think he's just him. Marvelous is just probably going to add another girl to his harem. But, when G** said that it does open a possible thing for them? Is what he is saying true? Or is he just a clueless idiot? Writers don't put that in for no reason but sometimes they just like to acknowledge the shippers.

So by your logic, the writers "didn't put it in for no reason!" when Ahim worried about Joe (in more than one episode), or Marvelous hit on Luka, or G** drooled over Ahim cosplaying and followed her around taking pictures.

I didn't say Marvelous is wildly in love with Luka. I said he's shown more physical attraction to her than to Ahim. Maybe in the shippers' world Ahim is perfectly happy to have her boyfriend flirt with other girls in front of her. For what it's worth, his reaction to G** was pretty much the same as his reaction when Navi said that Marvelous had cried over missing the others. It wasn't true - he got emotional, but he didn't cry. Marvelous doesn't like to be slushy. He's able to be compassionate, but he's not a romantic type.

12/16/2011 . Edited 12/16/2011 #317
Dragon-Kid90

What the... really?

Marvelous is trying to make a harem with both Luka and Ahim? The answer is no.

In Jetman, G** Yuuki tries to flirt Kaori Rokumeikan but without results. According the episode 20 of that series, G** and Ako faked a wedding in order to distract and attack a Bio Dimensional Beast. It's my idea or the shippers wanted a G**/Ako moment, although G** still likes Kaori.

12/16/2011 #318
ignitedblue

Well that is the problem with shipping, people read too much into things that aren't there. Marvelous has compassion for Ahim and he finds Luka physically attractive. He knows and understands both girls very well, but does it mean he wants to date either of them? Probably not. Naruhisa Arakawa does not do subtlety in the romances he writes, look at Sen and Umeko

I never got any shippy vibes from that Jetman episode. Ako didn't want to kiss G** ...

12/16/2011 #319
Dragon-Kid90

Well that is the problem with shipping, people read too much into things that aren't there. Marvelous has compassion for Ahim and he finds Luka physically attractive. He knows and understands both girls very well, but does it mean he wants to date either of them? Probably not. Naruhisa Arakawa does not do subtlety in the romances he writes, look at Sen and Umeko

He's a writter who specializes more in action rather than romance, his works (AbaRanger, DekaRanger and Gokaiger) focuses on full throttle action, but he made canon the Yukito/Emiri pairing from AbaRanger in Episode 29 of Gokaiger.

I never got any shippy vibes from that Jetman episode. Ako didn't want to kiss G** ...

This is the main reason why G** tries to flirt Kaori instead of Ako. In the epilogue Kaori is finally married with Ryuu.

12/16/2011 #320
ignitedblue

He's a writter who specializes more in action rather than romance, his works (AbaRanger, DekaRanger and Gokaiger) focuses on full throttle action, but he made canon the Yukito/Emiri pairing from AbaRanger in Episode 29 of Gokaiger.

Yukito/Emiri had already appeared in Abaranger vs Dekaranger. Abaranger and Dekaranger both had Ranger romances from early on, whereas there's been none of that in Gokaiger. Maybe Toei asked Arakawa not to do it

This is the main reason why G** tries to flirt Kaori instead of Ako. In the epilogue Kaori is finally married with Ryuu.

I have seen people try to make a case for G**/Ako from the wedding episode, but yeah, they never liked each other that way

12/16/2011 #321
CrownedJoker

"Really, I can't feel anything but disgust for Marvelous/Ahim. The episode made it clear that EVERYONE loves and cares about Ahim, but shippers would rather sweep that under the rug in their joy at canon "proof" that Marvelous is in twu wuv with her as they have been hoping for since the first few episodes. It just makes me mad that there are so many fans who don't care about anything Ahim did in that episode or anything she does by herself, all they want for her is to see her get together with Marvelous. It seems that a lot of people basically think that because she's presented as feminine, her life MUST revolve around a man."

Are from your post. Sorry I think I said the wrong thing? ( Never type when you wake up ), I meant stop generalizing Marvelous/Ahim for what we want is to see Ahim get a man which is not true. Again, just because you don't buy the toy doesn't mean you hate the show. My generation loves it, ( odd enough ) and we didn't buy any toys, and in fact all the people and boys I know, don't really have action figures of DT or anything. Only few people I know have them. That boils down to opinion if it was liked well or not. Not every series can be a fan favorite.

Mako was a strong, passionate girl.Though the getting married stuff and learning how to cook wasn't femnine except for the married stuff. Other than that, she's not that feminine though she comes off as that.

Actually, yeah. That is one of the reasons I partly ship Ahim/Joe. She worries about him and Joe is always the one to kinda make sure she's okay. But I think Marvelous always grabs Ahim when running from people because she may be slow. Marvelous hits on almost everybody. Even that Dekaranger, in episode 5. I think he does that to a lot of people. That was left to imply his character. G** was admiring her, and saw her in a new light ( which I find nice and so cute ) and then showed it to everyone.

Again, Marvelous is just... kinda like a playboy. Plus they way they met, Marvelous probably thought she was just a weak princess but gave her the chance. I don't think he would have any reason to flirt with her. With Luka he was kinda " Cool, cute chick stealing money " with Ahim it was like " A princess wants to join my crew and become a pirate?" They were kinda different tones, if you know what I mean. But with Marvelous he kinda hides his emotions, and his way of getting embarrassed is that way, ( where I believed he smacked Navi around at the moment and when he chocked G** ). He gets embarrassed but not the blushing type ( if that's what you mean by slushy). I don't know, he's a character development is kinda.. 3-ish rated. He's not so developed but we never could no but it would be weird.

12/18/2011 #322
ignitedblue

Are from your post. Sorry I think I said the wrong thing? ( Never type when you wake up ), I meant stop generalizing Marvelous/Ahim for what we want is to see Ahim get a man which is not true.

Most shipping is about "wanting to see the character get a man/woman." That's why shippers pair characters who barely speak to each other in canon, or never meet at all, or don't show any interest in each other, just so the characters "have someone." Ahim is perfectly happy without Marvelous, so what reason is there to ship them other than wanting to see her get a man?

Again, just because you don't buy the toy doesn't mean you hate the show. My generation loves it, ( odd enough ) and we didn't buy any toys, and in fact all the people and boys I know, don't really have action figures of DT or anything. Only few people I know have them. That boils down to opinion if it was liked well or not. Not every series can be a fan favorite.

Toei's shown a noticeably lukewarm attitude towards Gekiranger, both in terms of promotion etc. and the Gekiranger tribute in Gokaiger. They don't think Japanese kids liked Gekiranger. If you can prove otherwise, write to them and tell them.

Again, Marvelous is just... kinda like a playboy.

Yes, he is. It's hardly ideal boyfriend material is it?

But with Marvelous he kinda hides his emotions, and his way of getting embarrassed is that way, ( where I believed he smacked Navi around at the moment and when he chocked G** ). He gets embarrassed but not the blushing type ( if that's what you mean by slushy).

Marvelous doesn't want people to think he is having those emotions, even if he isn't actually having them. He didn't cry when he was separated from the others, but he doesn't want people to think he did. He's never indicated any romantic feelings for Ahim, but he doesn't want people to think he has them.

12/18/2011 #323
CrownedJoker

Some shippers just want to see their relationship because it's interesting and nice. Not all shippers are like that. Like for instance, Masumi/Natsuki. Ahim is happy and doing well ( I just realized she has a higher bounty than Luka ). There is reason for characters to get together other than for her to get a 'man'. Mostly because people enjoy seeing them together on screen or their scenes together or think they have feelings for each other.

Toei shown a lukewarm attitude to every series except Shinkenger. Which Toei considers very popular and gave two tribute episodes and the Gokaigers change into Shinkenger more often than other teams. Also, did I say Japanese kids like Gekiranger? No. I said they could have and it could be popular but they didn't watch the show often and didn't buy toys.

I'm pretty sure Marvelous is perfectly loyal but he just likes to flirt. That's all. Though he's unpredictable.

Marvelous is pretty clear if he is having an emotion. He doesn't tell people right out but if they ask he usually does just correct it. Actually this series can go either ways: Marvelous/Luka, Marvelous/ Ahim, Joe/Ahim , or maybe even Luka/G** ( where Luka called him cute which surprised me ). You can never tell because the show can show at any time what they want to be canon even Marvelous/Ahim. Marvelous has never shown disdain for people thinking he had feelings for Ahim but he just laughs it off and smacks the person ( G** ).

12/20/2011 #324
ignitedblue

Ahim is happy and doing well ( I just realized she has a higher bounty than Luka ).

That's probably because Ahim is worth more politically, as a princess and because there are survivors of her planet watching out for her, she could potentially be used as a gathering point for rebel forces, or as a bargaining chip

Toei shown a lukewarm attitude to every series except Shinkenger. Which Toei considers very popular and gave two tribute episodes and the Gokaigers change into Shinkenger more often than other teams.

Shinkenger, Hurricaneger and Go-onger all got two episodes each because they were used to introduce a mecha upgrade. Abaranger got two guest stars. It doesn't mean the producers necessarily favour these shows over the others.

Also, did I say Japanese kids like Gekiranger? No. I said they could have and it could be popular but they didn't watch the show often and didn't buy toys.

You can't prove that was the case any more than I can prove it wasn't. I can't read Japanese, I presume you can't either, we can't gauge Japanese viewers' reaction to the show. I'm not going to argue this point any longer. If you can somehow prove that Gekiranger was really popular with young Japanese kids but they just didn't buy toys, write to Toei and say so.

You can never tell because the show can show at any time what they want to be canon even Marvelous/Ahim.

Yes they can which means they equally well may NOT show Marvelous/Ahim, and no matter how many shippers bleat about how awesome it would be if Marvelous and Ahim got together, it's not going to change the writers' minds.

12/20/2011 . Edited 12/20/2011 #325
Dragon-Kid90

OhRanger got 4.5% in ratings, due not to being a bad series, but the real-life controversies (Sarin Gas Attack on the Tokyo Subway and the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake) ocurred behind-the-scenes affected the series. Fortunately, their toyline sales skyrocketed and Toei indeed continued to make another Sentai series, CarRanger. The ratings of CarRanger are 4.8%, although the series saved the franchise, the credit goes for the following series: MegaRanger, innovated the Sentai concept and got new viewers. Gingaman, mixed the retro-sensation of the franchise with modern incorporations and returned old viewers. Go-Go V, a well-written series where rescuers are respected in Japan. And TimeRanger, mixed the action with the drama and tried to return the spirit of Jetman in the franchise.

And talking about Gokaiger, which G** is refering about the shipping with Luka? Yuuki (Jetman) or Ikari (Gokaiger).

I hope that the upcoming two-parter Kakuranger tribute episode in Gokaiger, featuring Ninjaman. If the Gokaigers, especially G** Ikari, mentions Ninjaman if Sasuke and Tsuruhime are now married or not.

12/21/2011 . Edited 12/21/2011 #326
ignitedblue

OhRanger got 4.5% in ratings, due not to being a bad series, but the real-life controversies (Sarin Gas Attack on the Tokyo Subway and the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake) ocurred behind-the-scenes affected the series. Fortunately, their toyline sales skyrocketed and Toei indeed continued to make another Sentai series, CarRanger.

Supposedly, part of the reason why Carranger is a parody series is that its production team expected it to be the last ever Sentai.

And talking about Gokaiger, which G** is refering about the shipping with Luka? Yuuki (Jetman) or Ikari (Gokaiger).

G** Yuuki hit on Luka, but she's said on a couple of occasions that she thinks G** Ikari is cute. So you could really ship her with either.

I hope that the upcoming two-parter Kakuranger tribute episode in Gokaiger, featuring Ninjaman. If the Gokaigers, especially G** Ikari, mentions Ninjaman if Sasuke and Tsuruhime are now married or not.

I shouldn't think they'll be mentioned. With the exception of Jetman, none of the guest episodes mentions what other past Rangers are doing now.

It's fun to imagine though ... I also ship Sasuke/Tsuruhime ;)

12/21/2011 . Edited 12/21/2011 #327
CrownedJoker

You don't know the exact reason why she has higher bounty and the show as never stated it, so you can't really tell. If she really was worth more because of being a princess the Zangyack would have tried to kill her or try to capture her already.

So, Gekiranger got a guest star while Abaranger got two guests who were there for less time than him. So does that mean the producers favor the others shows more? No. Abaranger got G** a new mecha but Abaranger didn't get two episodes. Shinkenger only got two episodes because of the popularity because as Dekaranger mecha was given in episode 6 and did not have a 2-part episode. Like Ninjaman and I hear Ninjablue ( ?) is getting two episodes, I guess because of their popularity.

Wasn't that was what I was saying? I'm saying it could be very popular among the the Japanese kids but they didn't watch the show because of other favorite shows and other favorite toys. You seemed to be thinking that I'm saying that it is popular when I didn't say that. I said it could be popular among the kids but there were other things taking popularity. It's happened to others shows before, it could have certainly happened to Gekiranger.

You really seem to hate Marvelous/Ahim and they can show it whenever they want, the writers NEVER said they didn't want these two together. So just gather up your hate for it and be quiet about it. I get that you hate the shippers ( you seem to complain about them a lot ) but the writers never said they never wanted it to happen. They hinted with G** comments, take what hints you will but that was a ship tease for Marvelous/Ahim. Just like when Joe caught Ahim and Marvelous caught Luka. Or when Ahim wiped the ice cream off Joe's nose. All those were ship tease/ hints.

12/23/2011 #328
CrownedJoker

Yikes. Somethings just happen to kill the series. Though I did hear this somewhere on the fandom, just not in this detail. Thank you.

Ikari G**.

Isn't the Kakuranger also featuring NinjaBlue? Though I'm pretty sure I got that term wrong..

12/23/2011 #329
ignitedblue

You don't know the exact reason why she has higher bounty and the show as never stated it, so you can't really tell. If she really was worth more because of being a princess the Zangyack would have tried to kill her or try to capture her already.

It's a reasonable guess. We know that for some time Zangyack didn't know she had survived (in episode 8 they mention they thought she was dead.)

So, Gekiranger got a guest star while Abaranger got two guests who were there for less time than him. So does that mean the producers favor the others shows more? No. Abaranger got G** a new mecha but Abaranger didn't get two episodes. Shinkenger only got two episodes because of the popularity because as Dekaranger mecha was given in episode 6 and did not have a 2-part episode. Like Ninjaman and I hear Ninjablue ( ?) is getting two episodes, I guess because of their popularity.

Then why don't Liveman and Jetman, which were very popular and successful in Japan, get two episodes? Dekaranger was the most successful Sentai of the last ten years, why didn't it get two?

You really seem to hate Marvelous/Ahim and they can show it whenever they want, the writers NEVER said they didn't want these two together. So just gather up your hate for it and be quiet about it.

No, I won't! You can snipe at me all you like, I'm not going anywhere.

The main writer hasn't said that any relationship will or will not happen. It's not entirely up to the writers anyway - they may want to include such things, but the producers have the ultimate say, and recently Sentai seems to have been avoiding romantic subplots between the heroes. Possibly on the orders of Toei, possibly not.

I get that you hate the shippers ( you seem to complain about them a lot ) but the writers never said they never wanted it to happen. They hinted with G** comments, take what hints you will but that was a ship tease for Marvelous/Ahim. Just like when Joe caught Ahim and Marvelous caught Luka. Or when Ahim wiped the ice cream off Joe's nose. All those were ship tease/ hints.

It's an action show, not a romance. There's no indication that any of these so called "hints" are going anywhere. Why would the writers talk about something so trivial? The ONLY major thing I've heard a writer say about the characters is that Don was originally intended to have a backstory where he witnessed his father's death, but then the head writer decided to abandon it.

Anyway, by your logic, that means that Marvelous/Luka or Joe/Ahim is equally as likely as Marvelous/Ahim.

Yikes. Somethings just happen to kill the series. Though I did hear this somewhere on the fandom, just not in this detail. Thank you.

Ikari G**.

The fandom has been speculating since early on in the show's run that G** could turn out to be dead - for various reasons (his being hit by a truck, receiving his powers from three dead heroes, and sharing a name with Black Condor.) I don't think it's been confirmed?

The Kakuranger episode will feature Ninjaman, who is blue in colour, but he's not the actual NinjaBlue (Saizou)

12/23/2011 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Izout
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member