Things We Hate About The PR Fandom
Have something that is irritating you about the fandom? Get it off your chest here. Be it rangers acting OOC to cliche plots to MarySue/GaryStus.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
pinkstranger

So it was my impression that this site was intented for a place to share our stories and for authors to reach out to one another to offer advice, criticism, and guidance. At least that is how I have viewed this site since I joined many many years ago. Now it is a place of kissing ass and waring against other authors.

Heaven forbid if you leave a review stating that you did not like someone's story, you're going to get nasty attacks both in reviews for your own stories and in PMs. What the hell happened to the site I loved for so long? Has everyone reverted back to elementary where every single person deserves a gold star for their efforts?

I stopped reviewing for a long time because of this, but at the encouragment of my mentor, whom reached out to me in a review years ago, I began reviewing again. I have since had two issues rise with "Authors". I use that term loosely mind you.

My inbox has been flooded with spam calling me a trolling hateful writer with nothing better to do than upset other people. Which can't be further from the truth, if anyone knows me personally (Which is only a handful of people on this site) knows that is furtherest from the truth. Oh speaking of which can anyone tell me the definition of a troll? I do believe it's taking up space just to do it, leaving notes that do not relate at all to the topic at hand. One review on an authors story does not qualify as a troll, if am not mistaken, but do correct me if I'm wrong.

How many people know what the purpose of having a beta is? Again can someone please explain it. I thought that a beta was intended to be used an editor, and to help authors achieve their own potential.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant, I'm just confused an upset that people have grown so immature on this site and have grown so full of themselves. Anyone else tired of this?

5/21/2012 #1
xXScream4Xx

Yeah, I'm tired of it, I'm tired of people like you and making a BIG deal about it. You are just a hypocrite.

5/21/2012 #2
pinkstranger

I am only making a big deal of it, because I'm tired of the pms from your friends. I have not read any of your newer stuff becuase I have not had the time to read and review. That was the story that I read that day hence the one I reviewed. I was looking for something with Adam and Kat that day.

I saw potential in that story and could see it going somewhere, which is why I left a review. I am not a hypocrite. Someone once let me a review almost exactly like the one I left for you and I took their advice and ran with it. Hence I am where I am today.

I understand that people will not always like what I write and I am comfortable with that. what I don't appreciate is people leaving mean reviews just for the heck of it. Mine was considered a critique by many other writers, not a flame like your friend had done to me.

I'm sorry that I mistook Hog for you, you've changed your name enough that I wasn't sure if it was you. I do apologize for pointing fingers at you though.

5/21/2012 #3
xXScream4Xx

Thank you for the apology. And if you do read my newer stuff please read my chaptered works! :) And if you have suggests please PM me! *unblocked*

5/21/2012 #4
shadowsongtress

I am glad you voiced leaving means reviews for the heck of it. I get those a lot from one person. They hate the Kim and Tommy pairing. For some reason everytime I post there thye are waiting. Its creepy and I want guest reviews banned.

1/7/2013 #5
pinkstranger
You can turn off anonymous reviews in your profile which means that anyone leaving you a review must be signed in. It cuts back on a lot if hateful spam.
1/7/2013 #6
shadowsongtress

Thanks a lot.

1/7/2013 #7
SilverRider

Pinkstranger......my thoughts were along the same line. I couldn't have worded it better myself. These days I rarely leave reviews for the same reasons, and some fics I find are not even worth reading and can't get past say the first paragraph at all. Let alone a review. There's always something that will bore my out of my brain about the fic I'm reading. Does that make me an idiot?

People are just over sensitive, I guess and they haven't grown a thick skin nor do they want to. If they want to improve, well they need reviews.

1/7/2013 #8
Forum Moderators: moonlite-n-roses
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member