Harry Potter Fanfiction Challenges
A forum made to provide challenges for HP fanfiction writers who need inspiration, a cure for writers block or just want a challenge! We're all really really nice, not to mention insane 0.0, so come on in and join the fun! :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
ReillyJade

EDIT: This challenge is now closed. Sorry! :(

Hello all! I'm here with a new challenge for everyone - a challenge to write about a character experiencing something for the first time. There really is a first time for everything, from words to kisses to broken hearts, and I thought it would be fun to play with them a little bit.

I have a list of thirty of life's "firsts" that almost everyone experiences throughout the course of their lives (with the exception of a couple.) Some have been worded so they are more suited for the wizarding world. After you pick a number to get your "first," you have free reign. The characters, setting, etc. are all your choice, though I'll be happy to provide you with a character, pairing, quotes, or some prompts if you need some extra inspiration. Try to get into what the character (or the onlooker in the case of a "baby's first") is feeling as they experience the given event for the first time.

Any rating or genre is fair game (the one exception is mpreg - it's just weird, I'm sorry.) Your story should be at least 500 words to give it a little substance, but other than that, it can be as short or as long as you want, including multi-chapter. Double-claims allowed. :)

On a side note, the last five "firsts" on the list (26-30) are a bit more mature and will most likely require an M rating, or a T at the very least. If you're not comfortable with writing such topics, please choose between numbers 1 and 25.

If you have any questions, post them here or feel free to send a PM my way. I'm hoping for a good turnout for this challenge! There's no due date, so take your time and, most importantly, have fun! XD

*Stories Completed for the Challenge*

Of Beggars and Bankers by astronauts

A Fun Family Dinner (Not) by BethTonksBrown

First Time by Mr Bellatrix Lestrange

Trouble Sleeping by astronauts

7/28/2011 . Edited 12/11/2011 #1
hppjdragpncode

I'll try first 14 please. I really shouldn't commit to another challenge, but I really want to try this.

7/28/2011 #2
Gamma Orionis

I've just finished two challenges, so I'll take this! I'd like number 28 please ;)

7/28/2011 #3
ReillyJade

hppjdragpncode: Welcome to the challenge! You haven chosen the first broomstick ride (in lieu of the first time we Muggles drive a car lol.) Have fun! :)

7/28/2011 #4
ReillyJade

Gamma Orionis: Thanks for joining in! You have chosen the first "talk"...you know, the talk. ;-) Have fun!

7/28/2011 #5
Gamma Orionis

Ah, that talk :) Would you object to this being combined with another challenge?

7/28/2011 #6
ReillyJade

Gamma Orionis: As long as the host of the other challenge is okay with it, it's fine with me. :)

7/28/2011 #7
Gamma Orionis

Awesome. Thank you!

7/28/2011 #8
Appointment

Twenty nine! :)

7/28/2011 #9
Afterworld EverDawn

Hello! Feel free to call me EverDawn for short (saves you some typing lol) Can I have 1 and 3 pretty please?

7/28/2011 #10
ReillyJade

Gamma Orionis: No problem! :)

astronauts: Hello! :) #29 is the first kill. If you need to switch this one, let me know - obviously it's geared more towards the Death Eaters and I know not everyone is comfortable writing them.

EverDawn: Hi there! #1 is Baby's first steps...aww! #3 is the first good grade/bad grade - you can choose which one to better suit whoever you choose as a character. :)

7/28/2011 . Edited 7/28/2011 #11
Appointment

It's absolutely perfect! I love love love it. Could I have one prompt?

7/28/2011 #12
ReillyJade

astronauts: Oh good, I didn't think anyone would be willing to take that one! XD Your prompt is "gown." A little weird, I know, but it's the first word I came up with lol.

7/28/2011 #13
Appointment

Hmm, I think I've got an idea for it.. do I have to use it though?

7/28/2011 #14
ReillyJade

astronauts: Oh no, you don't have to. I see a prompt simply as something to trigger an idea - I don't think they need to be "used" explicitly, if that makes any sense at all haha.

7/28/2011 #15
Gorgonfish

Could I have #5 please? :)

7/28/2011 #16
ReillyJade

mikeofmind: Welcome to the challenge! You have chosen the first day of school! Have fun! :)

7/28/2011 #17
Minx of Lynex

Hi :) I'd like 26, 27, and 30 please :D

7/28/2011 #18
ReillyJade

Taragh McCarthy: Welcome to the challenge! You have chosen the first period, the first wank, and the first time. Oh boy...lol. Have fun! XD

7/28/2011 #19
Afterworld EverDawn

Oh my gosh, I love #1! I have such a cute story in mind!!! Links will be posted shortly

7/28/2011 #20
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange
27 purlease :)
7/28/2011 #21
ReillyJade

EverDawn: I'm so glad you like it! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve. :)

Mr Bellatrix Lestrange: Thanks for joining in! You have chose the first wank. Have fun! XD

7/28/2011 #22
Aurora West

Could I have 25, please?

7/29/2011 #23
GeekIsShowing

Hello, I'd like to try my hand at 4 and 13, if they're not already taken :)

7/29/2011 #24
Appointment

I am finished! :)

Of Beggars & Bankers

7/29/2011 #25
babygirl121896

Could I have 29 please? And this looks really fun :D

7/29/2011 #26
ReillyJade

Aurora West: Thanks for joining in! You have chosen the first crush.

Vaettr: Welcome to the challenge! You have chosen the first pregnancy and Baby's first birthday - what an interesting combination!

Astronauts: Awesome! I can't wait to read it. Thanks for posting!

Babygirl121896: Thanks for joining in! You have selected the first kill. (If you're not a fan of writing about the bad boys, it's okay to switch. I know not everyone is comfortable with them.)

7/29/2011 #27
ReillyJade

*bumping* XD

8/4/2011 #28
Appointment

Hey can I do another ? :D

8/4/2011 #29
ReillyJade

astronauts: Sure, of course! Would you like to choose your own number, or would you prefer a random one?

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Megsy42 Fire The Canon, dimitrisgirl18, Gamma Orionis, autumn midnights, silver-nightstorm, AlwaysPadfoot, Schermionie, thegirlofcrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member