Harry Potter Fanfiction Challenges
A forum made to provide challenges for HP fanfiction writers who need inspiration, a cure for writers block or just want a challenge! We're all really really nice, not to mention insane 0.0, so come on in and join the fun! :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
blood sugar love

Soooo hi. :D

Basically.

Give me a pairing or character you like to write.

Then tell me your flavor:

SWEET / for a sappy, romantic or friendship related prompt. Sugary, happy.

SOUR / for an unexpected twist

BITTER / for angst, horror, and general sadness.

SPICY / for something a little scandalous. you specify in what nature. :d

SALTY / for humor c: !! a little sprinkling. i'm pretty bad at being funny, so this might kind of be up to you to make it work.

Pick one, two, however many. I mean. There's not much to choose from, but we can be creative here. :D

I'll give you some sort of prompt -- maybe a storyline, a title, songs, quotes, etc. You can ask me for something specific, or just see what I come up with in my big ol' pot of ideas.

Woo.

10/26/2011 #1
Gamma Orionis

I love this. XD Best prompting method ever.

So, a pairing I've become increasingly addicted to of late is Rodolphus/Rabastan...

And (being me) I'll take something spicy... preferably of a somewhat sexual nature *Cough*

10/26/2011 #2
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange
:3 I'll have a Sweet Sev/Lily. And then I'll have a Spicy and a Bitter with Draco (and I have no preference as of pairing for him, but two different ones please) :D
10/26/2011 #3
blood sugar love

Gamma Orionis --

Rodolphus and Rabastan both have jealous tendencies, and Rabastan has always had trouble seeing his brother with something he can't have. They're fighting over the same woman, until one night something happens between the three of them that makes Rabastan realise it was never his brother he was jealous of. It was his brother's woman.

Mr Bellatrix Lestrange --

Lily and Severus have a secret means of communicating at Hogwarts. One day Severus accidentally says a little too much over it, and must intercept the message before Lily receives it. When he fails, it's time to tell the truth.

Draco/Pansy/??. Love has never been an easy concept for Draco Malfoy; he's never had feelings for Pansy, except for when she asks him to share her with someone else.

Draco/Lavender. Fenrir Greyback takes special interest in Lavender when he discovers that she's been in secret correspondence with Draco. What happens next is something Draco cannot stop, and will always blame himself for.

10/26/2011 #4
GoddessOfCreativity
I'm definitely game. Hermione/Harry, Ron, or Draco or Neville/Luna Sour and Spicy! Spicy as in Character A and Character B are flirting and CA reveals a secret desire they want CB to fulfill, which they do ;) Thanks!
10/27/2011 #5
blood sugar love

GoddessOfCreativity

Hermione/Harry. They're up too late doing research. They're alone. They're exhausted. Ron is asleep nearby. Something happens that makes it so that the mood instantly changes; then things progress precariously.

What Harry doesn't know, however, is that he is simply one more piece of a long experiment of Hermione's involving the boys she knows.

10/27/2011 #6
Someone aka Me

Awesome idea!

Could I get a Sweet and a Sour prompt for Remus/Sirius?

10/27/2011 #7
blood sugar love

Someone aka Me

sweet -- Remus gets drunk for the first time. Sirius makes sure he's safe for the night.

sour -- Sirius is the werewolf. Remus becomes an animagus to help take care of him, but the shape he chooses is unexpected.

10/27/2011 #8
Suki-Alanna

Sweet for Rose/Scorpius, please! And Sour for a Lily/James.

10/27/2011 #9
blood sugar love

Suki-Alanna

Rose & Scorpius. Rose and Scorpius have a tense rivalry in Potions. One day, Scorpius has a nervous breakdown after smelling his amortentia for the first time. Why? Rose makes it worse. Then, somehow, she makes it better.

Lily & James. Despite "disliking" one another, Lily has a huge crush on James. When suddenly things begin to change between the two of them, she's thrilled. She doesn't realise that it's because of Severus. A combination of a dare and Potter's insufferable pride can move mountains. It can even create a legendary love.

10/27/2011 #10
InsertCoolUserName

Can I have a sweet and bitter one? No pairings yet, but I'm going to be writing next gen. Pick a pairing for me. Title for each and a prompt.

~Ames~

10/29/2011 . Edited 10/29/2011 #11
Minx of Lynex

I'd like three please :)

Spicy (sexual) - Draco/Lavender

Sour - Harry/Marcus

Bitter - Viktor/Ron

10/29/2011 #12
Gamma Orionis
Rodolphus/Rabastan is finished! Let's see if my HTML coding skills will work to create a link...Couldn't Help It
10/29/2011 . Edited 10/29/2011 #13
Gamma Orionis
And could I please have a Sour Bellatrix/Voldemort, Sweet Draco/Luna, Bitter Andromeda/Rabastan, Spicy Narcissa/Rodolphus, and a Sour Lily Luna/Scorpius? Thank you!
10/29/2011 . Edited 10/29/2011 #14
blood sugar love

InsertCoolUserName

sweet & bitter--

Lily/Scorpius. Lily is realising that her boyfriend might definitely be in love with someone else. Scorpius shouldn't care -- swears he doesn't care -- but he would do anything to make her smile. Even if he's the last person who could.

TaraghMcCarthy

Draco/Lavender. After escaping his position among Voldemort's ranks, Draco unexpectedly finds safety -- and something else -- hiding out with Lavender Brown.

Harry/Marcus. In a bid for interhouse unity, Harry is asked to help Marcus Flint with his Quidditch dives. But there's something a little different about Marcus -- he might not be Marcus at all.

Viktor/Ron. Ron has a jealous streak a mile wide. He doesn't like his girlfriend writing Viktor about all of her problems -- not one bit. He decides to write Viktor a letter himself, which leads to an exchange of notes that brings him to realise he wasn't really upset about Hermione talking to Viktor at all. It was the other way around.

GammaOrionis

Bellatrix/Voldemort. It seems Bella would do anything for her master. But what if he did everything for her?

Draco/Luna. Malfoy's in the hospital wing with a broken arm. Someone unexpected comes to administer the skelegro.

Andromeda/Rabastan. There's always been something there. Everyone saw it at school. Once they've left Hogwarts, Andromeda and Rabastan have one afternoon -- just one -- where everything falls into place, and they have the opportunity to tell the truth to eachother. It won't work. But that's not the point.

Narcissa/Rodolphus. Rodolphus is happy to help Narcissa win Lucius' heart. The easiest way is by making sure Lucius knows what he's missing out on.

Lily Luna/Scorpius. As one might expect: everything is perfect once they've gotten together. Everything. But what happens when Lily realises what she's really loved all along was the chase? Sometimes you aren't supposed to get what you want.

10/30/2011 #15
Someone aka Me

I used the one for sweet :D It took a while, but I did it!

When Words Fail

Summary: "Because when words fail, actions speak." RL/SB. Remus is hurt and angry after the Prank, and he ends up nursing his fifth glass of firewhiskey in the Hog's Head. But Sirius is there to catch him when he falls – literally.

12/7/2011 #16
selenehekate

I love this! Can I get a sweet and sour prompt for Dominique and Lorcan?

And can I get a spicy prompt for Hermione/Severus? Preferably sexual, lol. Thank you!

12/7/2011 #17
patriciawilliamsons

This is such a good idea! Could I have sweet for Ron/Hermione please? :3

12/8/2011 #18
smilelaughread

I'll have one sweet (sappy romance) Remus/Sirius, one sweet (Friendship) involving the golden trio, one bitter Draco/Astoria, one bitter Narcissa/Lucius, and one salty/sweet James/Lily

:D

12/8/2011 #19
thefirstservant

Hi! May I please have two sweet friendship fics? A Terry Boot/Anthony Goldstein/(maybe)Micheal Corner friendship one and another of your choosing, please? Thank you!

12/9/2011 #20
Nargle-Lover15

Hi can I have these ones please?

SWEET: Fleur/Cedric

SOUR: Viktor/Luna

BITTER: Charlie/Padma

SPICY: Daphne/Oliver non-sexual

SALTY: Blaise/Lavender

12/9/2011 . Edited 12/9/2011 #21
blood sugar love

hey everyone, sorry for the delay!

* selenehekate

Dominique has always had a huge crush on Lysander, so she's thrilled when he agrees to tutor her. She's even pretty sure he feels the same... but one day she approaches him unexpectedly & he doesn't seem to remember anything about their study dates. How does she react realising that it's been Lorcan she's been bonding with this entire time?

Hermione stays after class to ask Severus a question about potions -- which leads to a wardrobe malfunction that may or may not be on purpose, a mutually realized attraction, and things getting a little out of hand.

* LittleMissPotterHead

Ron and Hermione take a vacation together in a fully muggle hotel, in order to prepare Ron for meeting Hermione's parents.

* smile.laugh.read

It seems like all of their friends are getting engaged -- maybe something's in the air. Whatever it is, Sirius is pretty sure he wants to give Remus a moment like that, too. Even with no intention of actually having a wedding, how does he propose?

Hermione, Ron and Harry are each approached about a book deal after the war is over. How do they talk about eachother in the interviews?

Astoria and Draco are strangers. They hardly know eachother, have barely spoken a word, and don't know the first thing about how to comfort eachother. And yet here they are, betrothed, on the eve of the day Draco is sure he is going to die. There's nobody else left at his side.

The second war has aged Narcissa and Lucius in ways that make them strangers to eachother: united only by the love of their son, and the habit of being committed to eachother. What does a conversation between them about this sound like?

James likes Lily. Lily doesn't like James. James is going to spy on Lily until he knows what she likes. Awkward? Yes. Potential for disaster? Completely, especially when he employs his best friends to do his dirty work.

* thefirstservant

The Ravenclaw trio have many things in common. One of those things? They've all dated Cho Chang. Well... Almost all of them. Michael wants his shot -- now Terry and Anthony are going to coach him.

Harry introduces Ron to pop rocks.

* Nargle-Lover15

The morning before the final challenge, Fleur and Cedric eat breakfast together.

When Viktor asks Hermione about her good friend Luna, she is more than happy to set them up on a date together. The only problem is, Luna hasn't realised that's what it is.

Charlie and Padma know they can't be together. They've known that from the first time anything happened between them. One night, Charlie comes to Padma with a plan to elope together, start a life, travel the world. And... Padma says no.

Oliver has a habit of watching Daphne from afar. It starts innocently, and turns into something that's anything but.

Blaise likes Lavender. Lavender does not like Blaise. Blaise doesn't care. He turns the Room of Requirement into the perfect scene for asking Lavender out, somehow manipulating her into coming and meeting him -- and slowly but surely, everything (his planned speech, the scenery, the lavish gift-giving) starts to go wrong.

12/11/2011 #22
OCDdegrassi

Ooh! I'll take Sweet & Spicy for Harry/Ron!

Spicy in the sexual natural :)

12/12/2011 #23
blood sugar love

*OCDdegrassi

Ron has a problem with nightmares after the war has ended. He can't sleep. Never sleeps. Nothing seems to work until Harry takes a chance.

12/12/2011 #24
thefirstservant

Yippee, I love the Ravenclaw one! :) Thank you very much!

And, uhm, I'm not sure what you mean for the Harry and Ron one. Pop rocks? Could you please explain that one? Sorry to be a bother!

Thanks again!

12/13/2011 #25
OCDdegrassi

Hmm, Harry takes a chance? Do you mean in the sexual nature? Lol. Sorry to bother you.

12/13/2011 #26
blood sugar love

thefirstservant --

Yup! Uhhh... It's an American candy that fizzes. C:

OCDdegrassi --

You can interpret it any way you'd like. : )

12/13/2011 #27
thefirstservant

*googles pop rocks* Oh, I know that candy! :)) I think we call it something else here though.. :) Thanks! :))

12/13/2011 #28
OCDdegrassi

Ok, I know I'm being a pain in the butt, but can I change my pairing to Ron/Draco?

If not, that's okay. I'll still do Harry/Ron.

12/13/2011 #29
blood sugar love

OCDdegrassi, no problem. (:

12/13/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Megsy42 Fire The Canon, dimitrisgirl18, Gamma Orionis, autumn midnights, silver-nightstorm, AlwaysPadfoot, Schermionie, thegirlofcrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member