Harry Potter Fanfiction Challenges
A forum made to provide challenges for HP fanfiction writers who need inspiration, a cure for writers block or just want a challenge! We're all really really nice, not to mention insane 0.0, so come on in and join the fun! :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
We all have at least one pairing that qualifies as a personal guilty pleasure. For me, I love Percy/Penelope, even though I ship Oliver/Percy so hard. Anyway! The idea for this is to write a fic for someone else using one of their guilty pleasures. So, you have until June 26 to sign up. Just post with up to three of your guilty pleasure pairings, a few prompts/quotes/songs for inspiration, and a list of who/what you won't write. At the end of the sign up period, I will match everyone up and PM you your assignment. Once they've been sent out, I'll make a due date (extensions will be granted if needed). Each fic should be at least 1,000 words. Don't tell your person you're writing for them until after you post a link to the story.
6/19/2012 #1
Gamma Orionis

Guilty Pleasure Pairings: Lily/Bellatrix (gah, so much a guilty pleasure!), Lily/Narcissa, Lily Luna/Rose (I'm in such a femmeslashy mood...)

Prompts: Lights On by The Pierces (warning: M-rated lyrics), roses and thorns, "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off"

Who/What I won't write: Trio era characters, with the exception of Draco/Luna; anything that splits up Draco/Luna; Severus Snape; Hermione in het pairings; Rose Weasley in het pairings

6/19/2012 #2
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
I'm a sucker of Lily/Bellatrix too. And thanks for signing up!
6/19/2012 #3
a beautiful misfortune

My top two are: Lily Luna/Scorpius, Lily Luna/ Louis, andI that's it, not sure for a third

6/20/2012 #4
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
acciohope15: What about prompts? And a list of what you won't write?
6/20/2012 #5
TamariChan

I'd love to sign up! Since the due date hasn't been set yet, though, I'll let you know that I'm going to be out of town June 27-July 1 and again July 8-28. I'll have some computer access in July, if you contact me, but if that's when the due date is I don't know if I'll be able to make it.

Now for the fun part! My guilty pleasures are: Regulus/Hermione, Draco/Lily Luna, and Lucy/Zacharias Smith (wow, I like crossgen a lot, it turns out!)

Prompts: glitter, boundaries, the quote "Life is hard. After all, it kills you." –Katharine Hepburn or "You'll rescue me, right? In the exact same way they never did..."-Alanis Morissette

Things I won't write: My writing preference is het, but I can write slash or femslash if that's what you want to pair me with. I won't write anything graphic. And I've read too much Bellamort lately, so I'm a bit tired of that.

6/20/2012 . Edited 6/20/2012 #6
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
TamariChan: Don't worry. I'll take your away time into consideration. When all else fails, I'll give you an extension if necessary. :3
6/20/2012 #7
Black Rose Blue

I'll sign up. My three pairings are Ron/Draco, James/Remus, and George/Hermione.

Prompts are 'You might as well live life, since you're going to die in the end," "Killing you is the last thing I want to do. I always save the best for last," and "Never worry about being weird. Worry about being normal."

I won't do anything M rated, Harry slash, Harry/Ginny, George/Angelina, incest, or bestiality.

6/20/2012 #8
a beautiful misfortune

Prompts: "If everyone were perfect, we'd live in a boring world. So then, why do we still pick out the things that are wrong in people that are a little different than ourselves?", "Love is simple, but you have to know the way to enjoy it", and "'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Pairings I will write: Lily Luna/Scorpius, Lily Luna/Louis, Rose/Lorcan and Ron/Hermione.

Pairings I will not write: Rose/Scorpius is the only pairing I will not write.

There I added pairings I was missing, sorry for the lack of information!

6/20/2012 #9
Black Rose Blue

I meant to write James/Regulus instead of James/Remus and I can't write anything non-Lily/Scor.

6/20/2012 #10
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far. :3
6/20/2012 #11
FrenchGinger

This looks fun!

My guilty pleasures are Ginny/Draco, Lily/James, and recently Lucius/Narcissa

Prompts: Friendship Bracelet, Sparkles, and Make it Go by Kina Grannis lyrics :)

Things I Won't Write: Slash, Molly/Arthur and Ginny/Harry

6/20/2012 #12
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Welcome to the exchange.
6/20/2012 #13
ReillyJade

Oh, why not. I'm in. :)

My guilty pleasure pairings: Bill/Hermione, Charlie/Hermione, George/Hermione, not-dead-Fred/Hermione (these wouldn't be so bad if I didn't ship Ron/Hermione...)

Prompts: moonlight, water, and trees

What I won't write: slash/femmeslash, cross-gen, cousincest, Next-gen (with the exception of Teddy/Victoire and Rose/Scorpius,) and any pairings involving Neville, Crabbe, Goyle, Cho, Viktor, or extremely minor characters (like Romilda Vane.) I also prefer not to write Marauder-era because I'm absolutely dreadful at it, but if you get stuck while assigning people, I'll give it a try.

6/20/2012 . Edited 6/20/2012 #14
Griffinesque

Guilty Pleasure Pairings: Hermione Granger/Oliver Wood

Draco/Luna

Harry/Luna

Prompts:

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."-Kurt Vonnegut

117. "Don't think or judge, just listen."-Sarah Dessen

118. "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."-Dorothy Parker

120. "People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict."-Lemony Snicket

121. "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" -L.M. Montgomery

122. "I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"-Ernest Hemingway

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."-Phillip K. Dick

125. "Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them."-A.A. Milne.

"Bright Sunny South." Alison Krauss and Union Station

I would extremely appreciate for the rating to be T or below T.

What/ won't/can't write: Slash or Femmeslash or Crabbe and Goyle or Lily/Snape or Ginny/Draco or cousincest or bestiality

6/20/2012 . Edited 6/20/2012 #15
SilverPotion205

Oh! This looks like so much fun! :)

My three "guilty pairings" are: Harry/Severus, Oliver/Percy(I just love how they're so passionate, just about different things (: ), Blaise Zabini/George Weasley.. and can I please just add a fourth?? I can't leave them. out... Ron/Draco

Prompts: "A memory's worth more than a thousand galleons." "This time, you're in too deep. What you will win is nothing compared to what you will lose because of it." "Sir, you are late for your meeting!" "Doctor who, sir? Just, The Doctor"

I will write anything. I'm up for anything.

6/20/2012 #16
opaque-girl

I always love fic exchanges :D

Guilty Pleasures: Draco/Ginny, Lily/Scorpius, Narcissa/Lucius, James S.P/Dominique - but whoever writes my fic, can I please, please request that it should have an eventual happy ending and a build up? I don't want something where suddenly Draco and Ginny are, for example confessing their never-dying love for each other because Draco fell in love with Ginny overnight or keeps thinking about her.

Prompts: Pride and Predjuice, Pink Haired Babies

Who/what I can't write: Anything that breaks Lily/Scorpius and Draco/Ginny, slash, femmslash, Hermione

6/20/2012 #17
SilverOwlMalfoy

Guilty pleasures: Remus/Sirius, Draco/Harry, Hermione/Sirius, and......#4...can't resist....James/Bellatrixxx.....

Prompts: moonlight, Platform 9 3/4, If You Can't Live Without Me Why Aren't You Dead Yet? by Mayday Parade, roses, forbidden, F*** like a star by porcelain and the tramps(explicit lyricsduh)

What I won't write: I love rare pairs, but I WILL NOT write complete crack pairings, like Dumbledore/Sirius or Hermione/Ron.(cough) I don't do canon,don't do femmeslash, and no bestality(spelling)? Never done something like this before...

6/21/2012 . Edited 6/25/2012 #18
The Last Poison Apple

Hello :D My guilty pleasure pairings are Hermione/Ginny, Hermione/Pansy, and Hermione/Bellatrix. (Yeah, that's a lot of Hermione, but I think that's part of why it's guilty.) Right. Let's see, I won't write next Gen as well as HGSS. Edit: And incest as well as slash (I'm okay with femslash, but I can't see myself writing slash. Nothing against it, but I just don't write it). Inspiration list: How can I love when I'm afraid To fall from Christina Perri's A Thousand Years, Is there a mystic with the answers from above?/ Is there a goddess with the hourglass of love? from SMASH's A Thousand and One Nights, and Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness., which is a quote from Allen Ginsberg.

Oh yeah. I don't write smut, and I'm really awful at fluff, but fluff is something I'm willing to try.

6/21/2012 . Edited 6/21/2012 #19
dem bones

Guilty pleasures:

Godric/Hermione

Fenrir/Draco

Neville/Lily Luna

Prompts:

Money Money Money by Abba

Dolls

Throwing Knives

Blood

Goblins

Cheat

Who/What I won't write: Very complex list. Hope it isn't too long.

Squick pairings and I mean the ones that would make most hurl. Riddle and Founder era slash. I do write Founder's era slash though if it's crossgen. Bestiality. Incest that includes cousincest. Femmeslash pairings before the Golden trio Era. I definitely won't write Snape with any younger characters other than Harry Potter. Any crossgen with everyone from the Marauder's era except Regulus, Rodolphus, Lucius, and Rabastan. Definitely don't write any crossgen from Victorian era. Anything contradictory to Bellatrix/Voldemort except Voldemort/Hermione. I can't write Sirius/Remus, Snape/Narcissa. Fred or George/Angelina or Alicia. Padma and Parvati, Crabbe and Goyle, Anthony G and Lee Jordan. Note: Besides this I have extra trouble writing pairings without believable chemistry.

6/21/2012 #20
Kailey Hamilton

Guilty Pleasure: Oliver/Katie. Yes, only this one.

Prompts: The Cruciatus curse, the Ministry of Magic, the song Rapid Eye Movement by David Cook (bonus points if some of the the lyrics are included in the dialogue) and the following words: battle, sister, newspaper.

Won't write: I definitely won't write anything strictly specified as non-canon. I won't write slash (Dumbledore/Grindelwald accepted as it's canon), femslash, crossgen, incest of any kind, paraphilias, anything M rated.

6/21/2012 . Edited 6/21/2012 #21
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Welcome! (Yes, I feel the strange need to greet people)
6/21/2012 #22
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Bump
6/21/2012 #23
WizardWay

Guilty Pleasure Pairings - James/Sirius, Albus Severus/Scorpius, Sirius/Remus (But I really prefer the first option)

Prompts - hidden, shocking, hearts in synch, Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran

What I Won't Write - No cross-gen, femslash, or incest. Preferably not in the Trio era.

6/21/2012 #24
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Thanks for joining. :3
6/22/2012 #25
ohgoodtimelord

Pairings: Lily/Sirius, Lily/Severus, Hermione/Fred

Prompts: letter, sea, night sky, Our July in the Rain by He is We

What I won't write: I'd prefer not to do slash/femme slash, incest, cross gen or next gen, but I'll do slash/femme slash if I need to :)

6/23/2012 #26
Hufflepuffluv

Pairing: Draco/Hermione, Hannah/Luna, Harry/Ginny (Even though I don't like the pairing that much, I like reading it. How odd :/)

Prompts: Thunderstorm, Hour, Purple, Perfect by Pink, Salt.

What I Won't Write: Ron/Hermione (don't even TRY to make me write that), the less-known males (Oliver Wood, Seamus Finnigan, Theodore Nott etc.), Slash (I know I write Femslash but I don't really like slash...)

6/23/2012 #27
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Thanks for signing up!
6/23/2012 #28
Sheeks

Hi guys!

This looks like a lot of fun :)

Guilty pleasure pairings: Harry/Luna, Hermione/Krum, Draco/Fleur

Prompts (Use whatever works, if any) : Malfoy Manor, Beauxbaton Academy, Diagon Alley, cherry orchards, paper airplanes, muggle technology, ice cream and pillow fights and laughs. :)

Songs: Just a Boy by Angus and Julia Stone; Turn Into by Yeah Yeah Yeahs; Gimme Sympathy by Metric

What I won't write: slash/femmeslash, next-gen, Maradeur-era, and pairings like Hermione with Snape, Remus, Sirius. Thanks! :)

6/24/2012 #29
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Sign ups are officially closed. I will pair you up and PM you your challenge. Remember, don't tell your person you're writing for them until you post the link here. The prompts are there to guide you. You don't have to use them all. If you don't like your pairings, please at least try. And finally: Due date will be July 31. Extensions will be granted if needs.
6/25/2012 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Megsy42 Fire The Canon, dimitrisgirl18, Gamma Orionis, autumn midnights, silver-nightstorm, AlwaysPadfoot, Schermionie, thegirlofcrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member