Here's another sister challenge to Gamma Orionis' OTP Boot Camp challenge. I'd like to thank her for coming up with the concept in the first place.
Though, as much as I liked the idea, I found myself having one problem: I do not have an OTP. I like a lot of pairings and I'm open to almost anything. I took a look on my profile and I noticed that every single story I've written so far has a different pairing. Which is what inspired me for this challenge.
So, instead of writing 50 stories on your OTP, this boot camp is about diversity. That's right: in this challenge you're going to write 50 different stories… about 50 different pairings! Does that sound like a lot? Perhaps, but that's why it's a boot camp challenge!
It's all about inspiration, so you can write het, slash, femmeslash, same gen, cross-gen, Founders Era, Riddle era, Marauders Era, Trio Era, Next Gen era, incest, cousincest, bestiality… whatever floats your proverbial boat. If you don't want all of them to be romantic, friendship pairings and family pairings are allowed as well.
Try to think a little out of your comfort zone. Think of 50 different pairings, none of them overlapping so using a total of a 100 characters. Or think of one character and pair him/her with 50 different others. Or basically anything in between, it's all up to you, really. The one thing you are not allowed to do is write two or more stories about the same pairing.
I'm not going to review all of it of course, but I'll try to review at least one story from everyone who signs up for this.
The rules are similar to those in the OTP Boot Camp Challenge and Lilybug134's Favourite Era Boot Camp Challenge:
- you have to write about a different pairing for each story
- there will be 50 prompts.
- each prompt has to be used in a different story
- any length is allowed, be it freeverse, drabble, one-shot or multi-chap
- drabble-collections are allowed, as long as each drabble is about a different pairing and is about a different prompt
- you can not use more than one prompt per story, this also counts for multi-chaps
- any rating is allowed
- combine this with however many challenges you like
- have fun :-)
1. Ralinde: 15/50
2. Gamma Orionis: 0/50
3. Doors: 1/50
4. Lilybug134: 0/50
5. BlueEyes444: 0/50
6. HedwigBlack: 44/50
7. ThisIsTheCircus: 0/50
8. Potterheadx10: 3/50
9. A Bittersweet Smile: 0/50
10. Cheeky Slytherin Lass: 3/50
11. Aenaris: 0/50
12. Someone aka Me: 6/50
13. iloveiceage: 0/50
14. smilelaughread: 4/50
15. ToxicRainfall: 0/50
16. A Phoenix from the Ashes: 0/50
17. MissingMommy: 22/50
18. Black Rose Blue: 1/50
19. ObsessedHPFanatic: 5/50
20. lowi: 2/50
21. InkTeardrops: 8/50
22. lilac butterflies: 0/50
23. A Bullfrog's Worst Nightmare: 0/50
24. Selenehekate: 17/50
25. JoeCool989: 0/50
26. McFudge: 1/50
27. WeasleySeeker: 9/50
28. thefirstservant: 1/50
29. Lady Phoenix Fire Rose: 1/50
30. The Original Horcrux: 6/50
31. Owluvr: 3/50
32. FireFlamesHopeEternal: 3/50
33. a storm in her wake: 2/50
34. justbeingmexoxo: 1/50
35. fan-freak121: 4/50
36. nik-edward is my love: 0/50
37. xBlueEyedAngel: 2/50
38. autumn midnights: 5/50
39. SkyZorander: 0/50
40. Call-me-Anything: 0/50
41. UnicornsAndRainbows20089: 9/50
42. Dobbys Charm: 0/50
43. SilverTongueLoki: 1/50
44. Madame Bonbons: 10/50
45. Fire the Canon: 1/50
46. Earlyable: 2/50
47. Romy Lawliet: 5/50
48. TardisBangBangDaleksBoom: 5/50
49. Treta Aysel: 5/50
50. Fabricated fantasies: 3/50
51. Silver-nightstorm: 20/50
52. TheTwoDL: 0/50
53. MadHatter524: 1/50
54. Justawakingdream: 0/50
55. LindseyRenee: 0/50
56. Last Girl Standing: 0/50
57. Opaque-girl: 4/50
58. Sangkar: 7/50
59. Mrs Bella Riddle: 1/50
60. GlassCaseOfEmotions: 1/50
61. Lalala445: 0/50
62. NickyFox13: 6/50
63. Kat DuCat: 5/50
64. Clever Ink Slinger: 0/50
65. DangerouslyAvril: 1/50
66. Eighteen Inches: 2/50
67. Being A Wallflower: 5/50
68. SophyWald: 6/50
69. MissDominiqueLysander: 0/50
70. DizzyPotter: 0/50
71. Brazensers: 1/50
72. yamiyugi23: 0/50
73. UmperfectlytheRavenclaw: 2/50
74. SnarkyAndProudHufflepuff: 4/50
75. Rosebud11450: 0/50
76. Exceeds Expectations: 0/50
77. Fading Colors: 0/50
78. Budapest All Over Again: 1/50
As of today, all Boot Camp stories will be placed in the Boot Camp C2!
This C2 will archive entries from:
- Gamma Orionis' OTP Boot Camp Challenge
- Lilybug134's Favourite Era Boot Camp Challenge
- ToxicRainfall's Your Favourite Hogwarts House Boot Camp Challenge
- Black Rose Blue's Favourite Character Boot Camp Challenge
- Owluvr's Character Diversity Boot Camp Challenge
- Lady Phoenix Rose Fire's OT3 Boot Camp Challenge
- HedwigBlack's Minor Character Boot Camp Challenge7/21/2012 . Edited 12/22/2012 #1
1. glad rags
5. After the incident with the others was resolved, I /he /she /we /they felt a lot better.
8. besmirch / es / ed /
9. walk / s / ed / ing /
12. hen night / stag night
14. Love hurts.
17. There is nothing like a good dose of another (wo)man to make a (wo)man appreciate his / her wife / husband.
19. bribe / s / ed / ing /
21. casualty / ies/
24. jester / s /
28. quail / s / ed/
30. If you be the one to cut me, I will bleed forever.
33. nuzzle / s / ed /
34. butterfly kisses
38. picture perfect
39. scatter / ed /
41. To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream.
42. pillow talk
50. Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious.7/21/2012 . Edited 8/5/2012 #2
AWESOME. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME.
Sign me up for this PLEASE :D :D :D7/21/2012 #3
Oh aye. I would like to sign up please! :D7/21/2012 #4
Ohmigoodness...I so shouldn't...but like I said, I promised I would join, so sign me up!7/21/2012 #5
I'm in. :)7/21/2012 #6
These are so much fun. I need to stop entering them. But I'm going to anyway.
I have a problem. :)7/21/2012 #7
Eh... what the heck. Sign me up.
(This challenge-taking problem of mine is persisting to dangerous levels.)7/21/2012 #8
|The Tenth Horcrux
I really should not be doing this. But I will. Sign me up!7/21/2012 #9
I really shouldn't, but I love this idea! Sign me up! :D7/21/2012 #10
Yay, so many sign ups already in such a short time! :D
I've added you all to the list :D
The prompts are also up in the second post.7/21/2012 #11
|Cheeky Slytherin Lass
*raises hand* Count me in.7/21/2012 #12
You are killing me. I've already got, probably about a thousand prompts of stuff to write (that might be an exaggeration, haven't counted) but I've been wanting to experiment with different pairings to find more things I like, so I'll sign up for this too. Now to find time to work on writing everything....7/21/2012 . Edited 7/21/2012 #13
Just a quick question - we can do any type of pairing, whether it be romantic, frienships, or a family pairing, right?7/21/2012 #14
|Someone aka Me
Well, I shouldn't. But I will anyway, because as much as I love Gamma's, my exact problem with it was the lack of diversity.
So sign me up!7/21/2012 #15
|Madam Emily Longbottom
I'll enter7/21/2012 #16
I'll enter:)7/22/2012 #17
Gah, I've signed up for too many challenges, but this one just sounds so awesome! I will definitely sign up :)7/22/2012 #18
I'm in! :D7/22/2012 #19
This is just the thing I need to help with my goal! Sign me up!7/22/2012 #20
Cheeky Slytherin Lass, Aenaris, Someone aka Me, iloveiceage, smilelaughread, ToxicRainfall, A Phoenix From The Ashes and MissingMommy: I've added you all to the list. Thanks for joining!
@Aenaris: experimenting with different pairings is exactly what this challenge is about.
@Lilybug134: yes, non-romantical pairings are indeed allowed. Just go wherever your Muse takes you! Just make sure at least some of them are romantical.7/22/2012 #21
|Black Rose Blue
I shouldn't, but I must. Sign me up!7/22/2012 #22
I've added you.7/22/2012 #23
I'm having issues getting emails from this topic, so I'm making sure I'm subscribed. Don't mind me.7/23/2012 #24
May I please, please join. This is an amazing idea. :)
I shall get started at once!
This sounds great - I'm definitely in! :D7/24/2012 #26
I would like to give it a go, it sounds like a brilliant idea!
Is it okay if I do mine as a series of drabbles - each chapter being a different prompt? :)7/24/2012 #27
ObsessedHPFanatic, Lowi and InkTeardrops: I've added you to the list. Thanks for joining!
@InkTeardrops: a series of drabbles is okay, just as long as you make sure that every drabble does not only have a different prompt, but also a different pairing.7/24/2012 #28
|my insides are blue
I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm in. :D7/24/2012 #29
|A Bullfrog's Worst Nightmare
I would like to try this!7/24/2012 #30
|Forum Moderators: Megsy42 Fire The Canon, dimitrisgirl18, Gamma Orionis, autumn midnights, silver-nightstorm, AlwaysPadfoot, Schermionie, thegirlofcrazy|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|