Harry Potter Fanfiction Challenges
A forum made to provide challenges for HP fanfiction writers who need inspiration, a cure for writers block or just want a challenge! We're all really really nice, not to mention insane 0.0, so come on in and join the fun! :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Ralinde

There has been some talk about it and since I actually quite liked this idea, I bring you the Non-Human Character Boot Camp Challenge!

Now, if I've counted correctly, this makes the 20th Boot Camp! (We're really taking over the forum, aren't we?)

For this Boot Camp Challenge, you have to write 50 fics on non-human characters. They can be anything/anyone, from Dobby to The Giant Squid to Buckbeak to the Sorting Hat etc.

You can pick one non-human character and write 50 fics about them or you can choose 50 different non-human characters and write 1 fic on each of them. Or basically anything in between.

///////

The rules:

1. 50 prompts, 50 stories: each prompt can only be used once, each story can only have one prompt.

2. Make your story as long as you like.

3. It can be any rating.

4. When you've finished, post a link to your story in this topic and which prompt/character you used.

5. You can make a collection of drabbles/one-shots if you want.

6. You can combine this with however many challenges/competitions you like.

7. Have fun and join the Boot Camp Madness!

///////

PLUGS (check out the other Boot Camps as well! (there will be a list here but I'm to lazy to look them all up at the moment.)

//////

Join the Boot Camp Addicts Anonymous Forum! (again, to lazy to link atm)

/////

All entries will be archived in the Boot Camp C2! (see above for this not containing a link atm)

8/9/2012 . Edited 8/9/2012 #1
Ralinde

Prompts:

1. clarity

2. wizards

3. ebony

4. job

5. pacify

6. fancy

7. chamomile tea

8. Use your imagination.

9. deep

10. caring

11. brilliant

12. mystery

13. bloody hell

14. praise

15. interesting times

16. doomed

17. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans

18. cupboard

19. pencil

20. Merlin

21. bottle

22. incredibly

23. pickles

24. nook

25. zealously

26. The Quibbler

27. stubborn

28. lopsided

29. thud

30 randomness

31. blossoming

32. question

33. hitchhiking

34. tyrant

35. analyse

36. silver

37. patriotic

38. always

39. yellow brick road

40. complete

41. mumbo jumbo

42. seemingly

43. song

44. chivalric

45. gem

46. The Burrow

47. glasses

48. zoo

49. outrageous

50. "Be who you want to be."

8/9/2012 . Edited 8/9/2012 #2
Ralinde

Participants:

1. Ralinde: 0/50

2. HedwigBlack: 0/50

3. Gamma Orionis: 0/50

4. Cheeky Slytherin Lass: 0/50

5. Doors: 0/50

6. Lady Phoenix Fire Rose: 0/50

7. BlueEyes444: 0/50

8. Aenaris: 0/50

9. Unicorn20089: 1/50

10. Black Rose Blue: 0/50

11. The First Servant: 0/50

8/9/2012 . Edited 8/14/2012 #3
HedwigBlack

YES! I am so in!

8/9/2012 #4
Gamma Orionis

I'm in, of course ;) (I can't stop myself...)

8/9/2012 #5
Ralinde

Yay the first takers!

I've added you to the list! :)

8/9/2012 #6
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Yes! I'm in
8/9/2012 #7
Ralinde

I've added you!

8/9/2012 #8
ohfenrir

Totally in. :D

Question, though... Do werewolves count as non-human, or...?

8/9/2012 #9
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose

I'm in and I think that this one makes it a full 20? Lets hope so. Though, I doubt that I'll stop joining them. Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!! (I'm sorry if my eeks annoy you, blame the Xanthian Nymphs, they have corrupted me.)

8/9/2012 #10
HedwigBlack

To add to Doors question.. Do Hagrid and Madame Maxime count since they are half-giants?

8/9/2012 #11
BlueEyes444

I'm in, 'course. ;)

8/9/2012 #12
Aenaris

I don't know how I'll come up with 50 stories, but I'm in. And since everyone is throwing out questions, just for the heck of it, what about Veela and partial Veela?

Also, if it helps you, I have the links for all 20 on my profile, so you can copy/paste if it makes it easier for you. You'll just have to delete this one off the list.

8/9/2012 #13
Holly The Sparkling Unicorn

I'm innnnn!

8/10/2012 #14
Ralinde

@Doors: I've added you! Hmm, werewolves are mostly human (for example Remus, Fenrir), so I'd say no werewolves. If they were more wolf and no human traits anymore, than it would be okay.

@Lady Phoenix Fire Rose: I've added you. This is indeed Boot Camp no. 20! :D (Just keep updating the title of your collection as more pop up ;-))

@HedwigBlack: anything/anyone half-human is therefore not non-human (since they also have a human part), so unfortunately no. Grawp however would be okay since he is a full giant.

@BlueEyes444: I've added you as well! :)

@Aenaris: I've added you as well. What goes for half-giants also goes for half-Veela: as long as they are half-human or part-human, they are not non-human, so they are not possible. Full Veela's are possible.

@Unicorn20089: I've added you too.

8/10/2012 #15
ohfenrir
Oh, I see. So a full-moon, fully-fledged werewolf would be okay? :)
8/10/2012 #16
Ralinde

If they have fully given in to the wolfpart and are no longer human, than yes that is fine. (If they return back human again after the moon then not.)

So like, Remus would not be okay, but any werewolf in the pack he was living with in HBP on Dumbledore's orders would fit the criteria, since they had pushed away their human side and had no human traits anymore.

I hope that makes sense.

8/10/2012 #17
Black Rose Blue

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but never really thought about it, could I do fifty shots of the Sorting Hat, well, sorting?

8/10/2012 #18
Ralinde

Yes you can if you can fit each of the 50 different prompts in one of the fics. :)

Í'll add you to the list.

8/10/2012 #19
thefirstservant

I'm in! :)) Thanks! :))

8/10/2012 #20

This is not my first entry

And it is not using the prompt "Wizards"

And I didn't use the non-human character of the sorting hat

and this is not the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8429230/1/Come_One_and_All

*Looks around* *Thinks* I think they bought it! Now people won't witness the most screwed up story ever.

8/14/2012 #21
Ralinde

@The First Servant: I had added you to the list a while ago but forgot to post it.

@Unicorn20089: That's the way not to sell your story ;-) I'll make sure not to read it and whilst I'm at it I will not review it.

8/14/2012 #22

Perfect! Haha. But seriously, it's really screwed up xD

8/14/2012 #23
Ralinde

I have just not reviewed it.

8/14/2012 #24
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose

Would vampires be okay? And Hogwarts? What about paintings? Ghosts? Poltergeists? Sorry, I am trying to find as many things as I can use so I don't have to do repeats. I just want t know what my limits are. As for werewolves, would Greyback count? He seems like he thinks he is more wolf than man to me.

8/14/2012 #25
Ralinde

Vampires: yep.

Hogwarts: oh please do! That would be hilarious to read!

Paintings: well, they are actually representations of (mostly) people, not actual characters, so I'd say no. On the other hand, you can't really think of for example The Fat Lady as a 'human' character. Hmm. Let's settle for: if they are vague (like The Fat Lady) they count, if they are specific (Like Phineas Nigellus) they don't count.

Ghosts: dubious, but yes

Poltergeists: definitely

Werewolves (Greyback): still dubious XD He still thinks as a human (partially at least) not?

Great that you are brainstorming ideas!

8/14/2012 . Edited 8/14/2012 #26
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose

Alright then. Thanks. :) I shall try to avoid the dubious ones, I actually have a list of twenty-four pets floating around, but if I can't fill it up while using separate ones for each I will breach into the dubious zone. Another thing that I want to do for this is keep what I use to named non-humans. So there probably is going to end up with a whole bunch of Mrs. Figgs cats. XD Oh, one last question, what about Group? (I can't spell his name), I don't believe that you will be allowing Higred and Madam Maxeme (can't spell their names either), but what about him?

And I might as well expand the question to Giants in general while I'm at it.

8/14/2012 . Edited 8/14/2012 #27

Hagrid, Maxime, and Grawp? Grawmp? I can't spell his name either xD. Sorry, this just made me laugh. I have a question too, though; What about fairies? Dwarfs? Gnomes? Uh. OH. CAN I DO IT ON A PGMY PUFF? Pgmey, pgamy, okay, fail.

8/14/2012 #28
Ralinde

Hagrid and Mme Maxime are part-human, so you can't do them.

Grawp is a full giant, so he's fine.

Trolls are fine too. (just saying)

Goblins as well. (again, just saying)

Fairies / imps / pixies are all okay.

I don't think there are any dwarves in the Potterverse?

Gnomes are perfectly fine (I have one planned on them already actually XD)

Pygmy Puffs are also accepted.

Anything from 'Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them' is fine as well (just saying).

Animagi are not accepted, but pets are.

Hope this helps!

8/14/2012 . Edited 8/14/2012 #29
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose

Okay great thanks. :D I had though that Hagrid and Mme Maxime weren't and attempted to say that, I guess it didn't work out so well.

8/14/2012 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Megsy42 Fire The Canon, dimitrisgirl18, Gamma Orionis, autumn midnights, silver-nightstorm, AlwaysPadfoot, Schermionie, thegirlofcrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member